Story Critique Queue

is this the right way?

Hi,
I'm a first time author to literotica and have a short (~1000 word) story I'd like critiqued. It would fall under "Humor and Satire". also, I have no beta readers, so this would be the first time this story has seen the light of day...

I'm in no great hurry, as I just thought of a couple things I could do with my story, to enhance it, make it a little more engaging.

Thanks in advance, and if by chance, I've gotten it all wrong - a gentle nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

jacks4u

Last edited:
jacks4u said:
I'm a first time author to literotica and have a short (~1000 word) story I'd like critiqued.

Ok! You're in the queue and can *probably* host a discussion after Sheri's has run it's course, most likely in a week to ten days.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.

And in the mean time, I'll have some time to put some final touches on my story, and perhaps even have time to read and comment on the present story.

Heya!

Heya all; I'd like to join the queue for criticism of my story 'Forever like this', of only 1300 words length, already up on literotica.

The current queue is: Jacks, FeatherQuill, Erin

Jacks,

Sheri's discussion appears to be winding down. How would starting yours sometime between Wednesday and Friday work?

Penny

Yea, that sounds fine.

Actually, I'm ready any time y'all are.

I just submitted my story. Depending on how that goes, I may have to post it here, but it's short, around 950 words.

So, unless there's more activity with Sheri's story, I'll plan on Wednesday.

Thanks again

rejected!

* hangs head in shame:

My story has been rejected, for dialog punctuation.

I've fixed it some, but feel I should seek an editor to look at it first.

If someone else is ready to go, then I'll definitely defer to them, and take my place at the back of the line.

If, on the other hand, y'all think a story with basic issues is ok, let me know, and I'll take my turn.

jacks

* hangs head in shame:

My story has been rejected, for dialog punctuation.

I've fixed it some, but feel I should seek an editor to look at it first.

If someone else is ready to go, then I'll definitely defer to them, and take my place at the back of the line.

If, on the other hand, y'all think a story with basic issues is ok, let me know, and I'll take my turn.

jacks

I've got a bit of free time, if it's a relatively short work, I can get it back to you quickly. Send me a PM and I'll give you my email address.

All better!

With the expert help that Sheri has given me, I will be able to post this on time.

Thanks again :)

Hey Penny,

I have a story I would like to submit to the queue. It is a bit lengthy though, so is it better to focus on one chapter, but link to all? or just go ahead submit the whole thing?

It will be close to 30k+ by the time I would come up in the queue. Once it is finished it will be around 60k, but that will be several months I think.

Thanks,

Joshua

Last edited:
JoshuaGlynn said:
Hey Penny,

I have a story I would like to submit to the queue. It is a bit lengthy though, so is it better to focus on one chapter, but link to all? or just go ahead submit the whole thing?

It will be close to 30k+ by the time I would come up in the queue. Once it is finished it will be around 60k, but that will be several months I think.

Thanks,

Joshua

Hi Joshua!

Ok. You're officially in the queue. While there is no maximum length, it's likely that fewer readers will find time to review a longer piece, so it's usually best to specify a portion (such as the opening) to be the focus of the discussion.

Penny

FeatherQuill said:
Heya all; I'd like to join the queue for criticism of my story 'Forever like this', of only 1300 words length, already up on literotica.

Hi FeatherQuill,

Jacks' discussion has peaked and will likely wind down by this weekend. Would you be ready to start your discussion then?

Penny

JoshuaGlynn said:

Hi Joshua,

Looks like FeatherQuill is unavailable for now, so you're up instead. Feel free to create your discussion whenever you are comfortable doing so.

Take Care,
Penny

P.S.
The current queue after Joshua is FeatherQuill, PrincessErin.

Hi

Hi Joshua,

Looks like FeatherQuill is unavailable for now, so you're up instead. Feel free to create your discussion whenever you are comfortable doing so.

Take Care,
Penny

P.S.
The current queue after Joshua is FeatherQuill, PrincessErin.

Hi there, I would like to join the queue. My first story is about 4.1k words. So if you don't mind, could i join the queue? Thx in advance

Hi there, I would like to join the queue. My first story is about 4.1k words. So if you don't mind, could i join the queue? Thx in advance

Hi Seven,

You will be after PrincessErin in the queue (though keep an eye on this thread, the order could possibly change.)

You can actually take me out of the queue for now. I only offered because no one was in line but now that there is a line up I can wait. I'd rather new people have a chance to put up their stories then me who already had one turn.

Oh? Thx vry much PE:) Really appreaciate your thoughtfulness^^. Just tell me when i can start. Thx.;)

I'd like to get in a queue. I have a story just a shade under 7k words, Lesbian catagory, but the sex is fairly light and minimal.

shel_ashling said:
I'd like to get in a queue. I have a story just a shade under 7k words, Lesbian catagory, but the sex is fairly light and minimal.
Ok, you're in the queue, though it's kinda crazy right now so I'm not sure if it'll be a wait of several days or several weeks.

Back