It Begins Again (Closed)

Eden had not realized what was going on, right now she was confused as the light started to help the tree and the forest. The light all over, and since her sword was in the ground, everything would be free of the hold everything was in. But she lost herself as she passed out, not knowing what happened. But then slowly feeling a hand she did stir and slowly opened up her eyes. Seeing Legolas, she smiled at him. Her smile showing she was actually okay, her stormy eyes looking up at the tree and smiled.

She placed her hand against the tree and his face began to heal, though it was a tree it still had a face. "I don't understand what is going on, but I guess I helped" Eden said smiling weakly and silently sighed laying on her back. Closing her eyes for a moment she had no idea what was to happen now, and right now things were just going okay. She trusted Legolas and she could see Legolas and smiled at him. Stroking his cheek trying to assure him that he would be okay, right now she was satisfied.

"Estolada sinome Legolas" She said softly

(I'm Okay)
 
Legolas

Legolas's heart beat once again as Eden opened her eyes. She seemed fine but couldn't understand what she had accomplished.

"Eden, my love. I believe you have cured this Ent and part of the forest around have a look." He explained. Around them the shadowy haze of the forest had been lifted. The Ent that stood before them seemed just as perplexed by the whole situation as they were but it was no longer intent on harming them. Eden touched its face healing it of the injuries it had sustained.

"Lord Ent of the Isengard forest, we are humbled by your presence. I am Legolas of Mirkwood and this is Eden of Rivendell, we are on a quest to the ruined tower of Isengard. Please tell us what happened here." Legolas addressed the massive tree before them hoping to get answers.

It stared at them unmoving. It seemed like an eternity before it began to speak.

"Not orc?" it responded very slowly. Legolas remembered that Ent's communicated very slowly and thus it was probably still process it's thoughts aloud.

"No we are not orcs." Legolas answered and waited patiently for a response.

"I am Strongbark." It finally replied.

"A pleasure to meet you Lord Strongbark." Legolas replied and hoisted Eden up from the ground allowing her to talk to it.
 
Eden was confused about what was going on but with the help of Legolas she got up and was able to help the tree and smiled when she could heal his face. Hearing what was going on she heard the word orc and it made her angry. Not at Strongbark of course but just everything else, she looked down hearing the whispers and closed her eyes trying to hear everything. But they were out of reach for her ears. She sensed something was going on and looked up at the sky and sighed a little bit.

"Your forest whispers to me my lord but I cannot hear it with my ears unfortunately not yet any way. I do not understand why a human can do what I can do, but we are friends and we will bring peace to your forests again I promise. Though whispers have been coming to me since we left Rivendell Legolas. I thought it was all in my head, till I helped some of the forest here. I know of one woman who might be able to help me. But it will have to wait I know. " She said and knelt down placing her hand on her ground.

"Petrified ground corruption flows strongly here, the figure in black he is the one that has caused this and I am very sure on that. His power grows, as do his forces. We can't do this alone Legolas, an elf and a human I don't know if we are enough. I may have been able to heal the corrupted but I do not know if I can do it again" She said rather worried about this. Now she felt lost to everything and silently sighed. Slowly standing up she remembered a song that Pippin taught her, the melody escaped her lips.

"Home is behind....The world hand, and there are many paths to tred. Through shadow. To the edge of night, until the stars are all alight. Mist and Shadow. Cloud and Shade. All shall fade. All shall......fade" She looked up at the big tree and bowed her head. "If there is any information you can tell us my lord about the one who did this to you. We would be beyond grateful" She said respectfully and looked up at the big tree. Most would see a monster to this being but not her, she saw beyond race.
 
Legolas

Legolas pondered Eden's words with intense curiosity. She spoke deeply of things he had never understood. In all his years on Middle-Earth, the mysteries of magic and sorcery were still beyond him. He awaited the Ent's response to Eden's request.

"Pain, Hate, Terrible Evil." It responded enigmatically. Legolas was about to question it's words but the forest monstrosity motioned with one of the mossy branches shaped like an arm to follow it. The tree uprooted itself and slowly made it's way back into the forest.

Legolas looked at Eden briefly trying to gauge her reaction to the Ent's behaviour.

"If we go deeper into this forest we will need to leave the horses behind." He explained to her.

"Eden who is the woman who can help you? Please explain this to me." Legolas inquired before tethering his horse to a nearby tree.
 
Eden heard what he said and realized a few things and watched him, she heard what Legolas said and made sure the horses couldn't go any where and knew they had to see what the tree wanted, the Ent was rather unique and knew what had to happen. Then hearing about the woman she smiled, and walking behind watching as the tree went off and had no idea what to expect here. Sighing softly she rubbed the back of her neck and looked at Legolas and smiled lovingly to Legolas and held his hand.

"Galadriel well that's if she is still in Middle Earth I don't know who stayed and who left to venture forth off of Middle Earth" Sighing and smiled. "But I am not worried about me first we stop the new evil then if there is a way to get my questions answered then we can worry about it. But I think he is going to show us something. So our horses will be okay, but I think its better we follow" She said to him and silently sighed. Wondering what would happen to them but right now she was just content.
 
Dm

"Ah Lady Galadriel, you know it was her that bestowed this finely crafted bow to me during the War of the Ring." Legolas began with a hand gesture to the bow slung around his back.

"I'm afraid she has departed Middle-Earth across the sea to Valinor. However, I do believe her husband Celeborn still remains, perhaps we can consult with him the complexities of your gifts." He offered.

The Ent moved through the forest with great ease, its long trunk legs towered over the foliage and ruffage of the forest as it strided deeper into the woods. Legolas and Eden had a much harder time keeping up as they were slowed significantly by the difficult terrain.

The further they ventured the darker the forest became, the sounds of wildlife had ceased and Legolas felt a strong sense of foreboding. The Ent stopped breifly up ahead giving them the opportunity to catch up.

"Stay close, little ones." It commanded when they reached it's side.

By now almost all the natural light seeping through the forest had been shut out. An ominous purple hue emanated from the surrounding trees chilling Legolas to the core. He kept all his senses alert and ready for any that might intend them harm.

The forest worked it's way into an area less dense that the path they had already traveled. The towering Ent stopped and pointed out into the clearing. What Legolas saw shocked him to the core. Several hundred corrupted Ents were crowed around and working on a large monolithic object in the center. From his estimate Legolas guessed that the structure was in the exact same location as the previous tower of Isengard. Saruman's fortress. Unlike it's predecessor however, this tower had been constructed of stone of tree. A large unearthly tendril had grown from the land and spiraled around the incomplete tower.

Upon further inspection Legolas could now see several thousand orcs and goblins also aiding the Evil Ents in their progress. It seemed to him that they had stumbled upon an army, a force of this size had not been seen since the last war. It troubled him greatly that such a large mass of evil could be allowed to congregate so openly. He looked at Eden for her reaction.
 
Eden was actually curious by what Legolas said, why would her husband be here? Though she nodded to him and sighed a little bit. "Why on earth would she go but her husband would leave? That is almost like us getting newly married and you decide to cross the sea" She sighed a bit, somethings about the elves she would never understand. This would be one of them, though his people were smarter then most humans. She was just unsure about anything any more, but she would go.

She followed quickly and quietly behind the Ent, she felt a great power. The more and she was not surprised at all that the corruption was running deeper, perhaps they would not have to go very far to begin the cleansing. Thinking for a moment, she stopped and silently looked at how many of the enemy there was. Closing her eyes as a flash came to her of her mother, the prayers she use to sing to her. So she would not forget her history, forget that she was human. Something in her remembered.

She slowly looked up as something inside her wanted to do something, but what could she possibly do? Everything she wanted was out of her reach. Thinking about everything, she looked at Legolas and remembered her mother was a healer. And maybe that was what she was, her stormy eyes seeing the tower they were making. "The Ent's were not meant to be a slave race, but the corruption runs deep. I want to do something not just stand here, I have felt the corruption take over everything.

Something has to be done, I know two people cannot do this alone. But we need help, we need those who can be healed by my abilities. I see now he is gathering forces, and we are just two. Though I value your skills. You are one elf and I am one human, mother use to be able to heal perhaps I carry her skills. But something has to happen, something has to change here. To help without being detected" Slowly looking around she was unsure what she could possibly do. But then she thought.

Taking something from her pouch it was a white sand but it would be able to be carried on the wind, taking a big enough handful of it as she said a prayer softly to low to heal she blew the dust right out of her hand and hoped that would do something, sighing softly she looked at Legolas. "What should we do? I mean now I am starting to wonder if we should do something with this tower. I mean we could get all the way there and he be here instead" Something she certainly did not want.
 
Last edited:
Legolas

Legolas watched Eden carefully as she took in the sights around her. She was as equally concerned as he was about the dark gathering.

"You had a vision for a reason Eden, I believe we still need to venture to Mordor. This army does present a problem however, as you said the two of us cannot fight a force of this magnitude, however I do know the nearby human kingdom of Rohan may have the military power to face them." He suggested

Just as he finished speaking a few of the nearby orc broke off from the group and rode toward them.

"Leave now little ones, get help." The friendly Ent urged them and stood in between them and the charging worgs. Legolas was not one to leave a comrade behind but knew that there would be little they could do against even a small percentage of their army.

"Thank you friend, Eden lets move!" Legolas spurred into action and dashed back through the eerie forest.
 
Eden did not know what to do she was at a cross roads but she saw they noticed her and Legolas and the tree telling them to go. She heard Legolas and watched him run, this felt wrong and deep down in her she had to do something. She high tailed it out of there but as she did, she said something that hopefully would help the Ent that was there friend. She refused to just leave him without help. She hopped onto her horse but she stopped and looked towards where the Ent was. "Please let this work."

She said more to herself then anything else and spoke it in her own tongue "Guardians of the forest listen to the word of the innocent, as long as my heart beats protect the innocent light.." The ground started to shake a little bit and a white light started to blast the area where the dark beings were and looked at Legolas. "Being with you makes me remember things long forgotten, I will explain later, come on" She said softly and urged her horse to ride and sighed silently. "Rohan the man kingdom for man, been there once when I was a toddler"
 
Legolas

With great haste Eden and Legolas remounted their steads and rode south east to the land of Rohan. Their companion Ent fought valiantly against their pursuers as they made their escape. Unfortunately Legolas could not spare a second glance behind as they transversed the harsh terrain of the forests to know whether it survived the battle or not.

Despite the tree guardians best efforts they were still being pursued by a group of Orcs on Worg back. Legolas and Eden's elven bred horses were fast but the previous days of travel had weakened them and the strain was taking its toll. They would need a reprieve soon before they or their mounts collapsed with exhaustion.

"Do not fear Eden, I have friends in Rohan. We need only to get within the safety of their borders." He exclaimed.
 
Eden sensed what was going on was helping and she rode with him, it had to be nice to have a lot of friends. She was a little sad that she had only one, though she loved Legolas but no one ever seemed to want to bond to her. Accept Elrond but he was gone, sighing a little she was thinking of what was going to happen. Putting a kingdom in danger again? Something inside of her upset her a little bit and it drove her nuts. Everything in her made her want to ride ahead but knew better then to.

Wondering if Legolas sensed it "Well its a good thing you have a few friends, must be nice. I never seem to fit in any place" She chuckled. "You were always closest and Elrond was a father figure to me not that I am complaining. Just must have been nice to have friends all over of different races" She felt how things were going. "Do you feel that Legolas or am I just going crazy? Like someone or something is watching us?" She said finally looking at him afraid she maybe right.
 
Legolas

"Watching us? I'm sorry Eden I'm afraid I the only thing I know is the orcs are closing in on us very quickly." Legolas exclaimed.

On cue a small axe whooshed past Legolas's head, his quick reflexes gave him the time necessary to avoid decapitation. Legolas slowed his mare to place himself behind Eden protectively. He was quite adept at shooting whilst on horseback but he was yet to see if she shared the same skill.

Keeping his leg muscles tightly gripped around the saddle for guidance he drew his bow and notched an arrow. Turning around he could see the band of worgen riders charging toward them. He loosed an arrow taking out the lead rider, it did very little to slow there efforts and the others raised their shield's in response. Several more arrows later and he had only removed one more of their assailants from the mix.
 
She looked at him and smiled weakly but then she saw the ax and thank god he had his speed and her heart was racing she watched what Legolas was doing and realized it. But just a handful of orcs to stop them? She doubted it, closing her eyes but when she spoke it sounded like three of her. "By suns dying flame, and mans wicked might. I peer into the darkness to take hold of the light!" She got a small jolt but she was able to see things she could not before. She whistled for her horse as her horse began to rear on its hind legs.

She opened up her eyes quickly grabbing her bow and arrow and thought nothing appeared to be there she let an arrow fly against a tree which actually cut down rope it was a trap that would have killed them. She got on her horse and flipped right off her horses back as she shot off another Arrow and twirling around as her hand grabbed her sword and cut its head off. "Be careful Legolas!" She grabbed her horse that ran by her and she got right in front of an Orc who was about ready to shoot an arrow into his back.

Unfortunately the shot got her in the shoulder, she quickly broke as much of the arrow off. Hiding the fact she was hurt. Legolas needed to focus and was afraid he would not be able to if he knew she was hurt.
 
Legolas

Legolas barely noticed Eden acrobatic display as she flipped around. He had issues of his own to worry about. They were both galloping toward Rohan at full speed now, the forest gave way to the open plains and they could no longer rely on the cover of the forest. Though he and Eden had dispatched of several more orcs there were still a large contingent pursuing them.

Legolas was running short on arrows and he assumed Eden to be having the same issue. The his last remaining arrow he used the slight northerly wind and rising sun to his advantage to bypass the shield of one of the orcs. The arrow disabled the orc and it fell haphazardly of its mount. Legolas drew his short sword in preparation for melee combat.

The orcs noted the lack of arrows coming their way and lowered their shields to reduced the drag generated by them. As the orcs closed in and around them Legolas feared they may not make it to Rohan. He shifted his weight slightly to engage in combat with the nearest orc. It was surprisingly skilled and close quarter combat on a horse was not Legolas's strong point. He received several cuts on his leg and upper body before he managed to drive his sword straight through its gut.

By this time they had managed to flank them completely Legolas and Eden both had at least two orcs to battle with at the same time. He wasn't particularly confident in their chances now. Suddenly a barrage of arrow rained down upon their position, at first Legolas was worried that more orcs and joined the fray but he was quite relieved when he saw the Riders of Rohan racing toward them.
 
Eden was getting tired since she was hurt, but she would not allow it to show. They had to get out of this, she refused to die. She knew Legolas being an elf was hard to kill, but could still die a mortal death. She was fighting just as hard as Legolas, and smiled a little bit as she kept going at it. She looked down at her arm, thankfully she had not been wearing a white shirt. It had been black so the blood did not show. She felt like her back was pressed against his own, and smiled a little bit.

Everything just seemed to stop as arrows came, closing her eyes she thought that was it. And when no pain other then her arm happened, she opened up her eyes seeing orcs around them dying one by one. Arrows around them as she noticed who it was and smiled, they were human so she knew they were Riders of Rohan. She had met a few of his friends, she grew up around Arwen and Aragorn was a find to her. Though not a dear friend since she did not know him well enough.

Right now everything just seemed to stop, her heart beating as she was so unsure. But then she kept at it, not letting her guard down. Not even for a moment, because lets face it. She was not as hard as Legolas, she watched the men on their horses battling and helping them. But she began to feel rather ill and had a feeling the arrow that went into her could have been dipped in poison. Though perhaps she was in pain she did not feel good, but she would not stop until the orcs were all dead.

Eden watched as the Orcs began to just fall over and die, when there was a silence in that moment. She did not know if another wave would happen, but she clutched at her shoulder. Grunting from the pain, trying not to appear weak at dealing with this. Hence why everything just turned to shit around her, She wanted to rip the arrow head out. But knew it was lodged into her, and would have to be pulled out the way it was facing. Her stormy eyes full of pain, began to relax and looked around. Ready for any more.
 
Legolas

Legolas sent his silent prayers to the old gods in thanks for their miraculous save. He was certain that without the help of the Rider they would have surely faced their doom that day. As the last orcish warrior fell to the slashing strike of a human blade they were finally able to slow their horses to a stop. The riders formed ranks around them defensively keeping their eyes out for more. One of the riders, presumably the leader turned toward them and spoke. He was relatively old for a human but as Legolas had witnessed it had not slowed him in anyway.

"Greeting strangers, I am lord Orach son of Orech. I must say it has been an age since I've seen an orc or an elf in these parts. What brings you to Rohan." He inquired.

"I am Legolas of Mirkwood and this is Eden of Rivendell. We come here to deliver a message to your King." Legolas responded and looked over at Eden. It was the first time he saw her properly since the battle, she looked exhausted and pale. She was slighly slumped over which he initially assumed was due to tiredness but suddenly he realised she was hurt. He moved his horse over to inspect her more closely and saw the small broken off end of an arrow in her shoulder.

"Eden you're hurt, quickly we must get aid. I will discuss the rest of the details in due time." Legolas shouted to the horse lord. He nodded in response and with a shrill whistle he and his company escorted them through their lands. Eden looked barely able to ride with her injury and Legolas feared she would fall of her horse.

"Eden, come onto my horse. I will keep you balanced." He offered.
 
Eden tried not to show anything but she had a feeling she knew what the tips were laced with, and right now nothing seemed good. But she was just glad everything worked out, that the people were there to help them. Though she did see the odd looks she got when Legolas said she was from Rivendell. But she said nothing and let Legolas do the talking, perhaps it was the guy thing to do. But she just silently sighed and was not feeling so hot, sighing silently as she heard what was being said.

But as they headed over she saw him looking over at her and heard what he said, she nodded to him and got onto his horse, she grunted with the pain in her shoulder. She lost her virginity and got hurt the same day, who would have thought. But she just leaned into Legolas, and was thinking of all sorts of things. She remembered very little about this place, but she knew of a lot of her own race here. The kingdom of man she thought, and was told any way. Right now things seemed nice.

"I'm alright Legolas, this arrow was meant for you. And I have a feeling the arrows are poisoned with a poison meant to kill an elf not a human, hence why I do not feel so hot" She took his hand in hers and smiled. "I will be okay I promise Legolas, you know I am a fighter" She said with a soft smile on her face. Showing the side of her only Legolas had ever seen, she could be hard on other people but not for him. Her stormy eyes looked around as they were shown where to go, and knew they would tend to her wound next.
 
Legolas

Despite the fact that Eden believed the poison was meant for elves and not humans, it was obvious that she was still struggling. Orach informed him that the nearest township was still a few minutes away.

"Hold on Eden, we'll be there soon." He whispered softly.

When they arrived at Edoras Orach began issuing orders to the town guard, they quickly summoned the healer who escorted Legolas and Eden to the healing hut. By the time she was on the bed Eden was barely conscious, Legolas sat by her side as the healer worked holding her hand tightly. He offered word of love and encouragement praying to the old gods to keep her with him.
 
Eden had been struggling still but she knew it would not kill her, she was to stubborn to die from something like this. She did not know what was going to happen, she did not know what kind of future she would have with Legolas. But she knew that they loved each other very much, that no matter what they would always be there for the other. It was how they had always worked, it was nice that way. She had started to get very tired and ended up falling asleep, struggling along the path to stay with him.

But then she heard the prayers and slowly started to stir. And opened up her stormy eyes, she wrapped her fingers around his hand. To show him she was going to be okay, by the time she had woken up however her wound had been taken care of. Though her shoulder still hurt it wasn't anything serious. Reaching up she stroked his cheek and kissed him lovingly and smiled. "I'm not going any where Legolas" She offered him and her smile could be seen full of love and life for the man before her.
 
Legolas

Her determination was all Legolas needed to stay strong. She seemed completely unwilling to let go and neither was he.

"No matter what happens. I am here for you" He whispered to her. Eden's eyes slowly drooped and fluttered as the poison raced through her body.

The healer worked hastily in administering the Anti-venom. After giving her herbal pain relief as well he informed Legolas that she only needed rest now. Despite the overall danger they had arrived in time. As Eden slowly drew deeper into a sleep Legolas found struggled to keep his own eyes from closing; the recent events had exhausted even his superior elven stamina. Perhaps is was a combination of the physical and emotional strain? They discovered that their enemy was even more powerful than they first imagined. It was foolhardy of them to think that their only foe would be one man; Saruman created his own army of Uruk-Hai during the War of the Ring, it was only natural that his son do the same.

The healer noticed his weariness and offered him the bed next to hers. Legolas gladly accepted and with his hand loosely intertwined with Eden's he fell into a deep slumber.
 
Eden was to stubborn to let go and right now she would never, she would be with Legolas as long as she was able to. But her dreams turned into nightmares quickly, she moaned a little bit in her sleep. She saw the man from the shadows and saw his face, he may have been a little older then her. But she sensed something was wrong they looked so much alike, she was jolted and she sat up crying out. Her face very pale it was like she saw a ghost, looking down she buried her face into her hands.

Some how she was related to the man who was trying to kill them, but did not understand. She needed answers and all she got were more questions, right now her life was upside down. The people she thought her parents, perhaps they never were. She needed answers instead of more questions, right now things sucked and she just wanted to scream. She looked over at Legolas and with her tears she got behind him. Since she was small and he was on his side, she laid behind him, holding onto him.
 
Legolas

Legolas woke with a start. The sword of reality stabbed his mind as he recalled the events prior to his sleep. He was about to sit up and check on Eden when he realised a gentle softness of a feminine arm drapped around his mid-section. Turning himself around he found Eden pressed against him with light splashes of tears running down her face. Apart from her melencholy look she seemed a lot healthier than before

He deftly pulled her into his embrace relishing in her closeness. Legolas stroked her hair and kissed her forehead as she sobbed into his chest.

"Eden how are feeling?" He asked with concern.
 
She felt him move and before she could even think she began to hold onto him, she heard what he said and she looked up into his eyes. "I am alright physically, I am starting to think though that more questions are in the air and nothing getting answered. I had a dream Legolas the man we are after he looks a lot like me, I am starting to think that those who I thought were my parents weren't really them. And if that is true I think I know who this man is" She said stroking his cheek as she silently sighed sadly.
 
Legolas

Legolas tightened his embrace as she recalled her dream to him. The ramifications of her discovery could have compounding effects that he couldn't even dare to contemplate. If Eden was truly related in some way to Saruman's son then the very essence of their mission was in question. He had to know for sure if his suspicions were even remotely correct.

"What does this mean Eden? Who is this man?" He asked with concern.
 
She did not know what to do or what to say looking down she hugged him "They call him Morwinyon Mine. He has been known as the dark one for years, if we are related Legolas I don't know what I would do. I want him gone of course but if he is hunting me then that means he will hunt those I know, he will hurt you" She looked down tears in her eyes. This was beyond not fair but there was nothing that could be done. If something were to happen to Legolas because of her, she would rather die then be without him.
 
Back
Top