Sticky: 2013 Survivor Rules and Registration Thread

I think after all, I will play again this year. I didn't think I would be wanting to keep on writing so much Erotica this year, but I can't seem to kick the habit! Sign me up!

movie script writer turns evil now!

Every usual plays going to be break here! Expect a movie mode here! Evil comes in!

I'm a bit confused on Chapters. So if I write a part 2 to a current story, it will count as long as it is 3,000 words or more?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit confused on Chapters. So if I write a part 2 to a current story, it will count as long as it is 3,000 words or more?

Yes, except in the Novels & Novellas and Chain Stories categories. The former must be at least 7,500 words long and the latter just have to meet the Lit. minimum.

However, you are only allowed one chapter per year in any particular chain story series. If you post three chain stories, each of them has to be in a different chain.

I want to sign up for the contest. I haven't written anything for a while and this might get me writing again.

What the heck. Seem to be writing a lot this year. Add me to the list Sr. BoxLicker!

Not likely to even place, but it'll be good to keep track.

A chain story opportunity?

Over in the AH, slyc_willie has suggested an interesting, friendly "competition" within the Chain Story category. FAWC stands for Friendly Anonymous Writing Challenge. The core of the idea is this: writers submit stories anonymously as part of a common themed chain. Readers won't know who's who until the conclusion of the contest. Approximately three weeks after the stories go live, Slyc will reveal the authors and the ratings for the stories.

Here's my question concerning Survivor 2013 - is there a way for us to accommodate the people who participate in this friendly challenge after Slyc reveals the authors?

Here's a link to the entire thread: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=871313

Here's a link to the very loose rules for the competition: http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=44858361&postcount=60

It should be noted, this is exactly as described: a friendly writer competition. It is not a contest. There are no prizes (aside from bragging rights, I guess).

I'd like to join in

Better late than never, I guess!

edited to add: so if we don't get chosen to be in the contest, how will we know? Do we get a message in that case also?

Last edited:
Over in the AH, slyc_willie has suggested an interesting, friendly "competition" within the Chain Story category. FAWC stands for Friendly Anonymous Writing Challenge. The core of the idea is this: writers submit stories anonymously as part of a common themed chain. Readers won't know who's who until the conclusion of the contest. Approximately three weeks after the stories go live, Slyc will reveal the authors and the ratings for the stories.

Here's my question concerning Survivor 2013 - is there a way for us to accommodate the people who participate in this friendly challenge after Slyc reveals the authors?

Here's a link to the entire thread: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=871313

Here's a link to the very loose rules for the competition: http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=44858361&postcount=60

It should be noted, this is exactly as described: a friendly writer competition. It is not a contest. There are no prizes (aside from bragging rights, I guess).

^^ This.

I, and probably many of the other FAWCkers that also participate in Survivor, would like to know if my story would count toward Survivor. And how would it count...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyDuckman View Post

Here's a link to the very loose rules for the competition: http://forum.literotica.com/showpost...1&postcount=60

^^ This.

I, and probably many of the other FAWCkers that also participate in Survivor, would like to know if my story would count toward Survivor. And how would it count...

It would count in whatever category Laurel put it, presumably Chain Stories. I see no reason these stories would not count toward a Survivor score as long as they were posted to scoreboards by the deadline of January 1, 2014.

It would count in whatever category Laurel put it, presumably Chain Stories. I see no reason these stories would not count toward a Survivor score as long as they were posted to scoreboards by the deadline of January 1, 2014.

OK. But these stories aren't being posted by the author. They are being submitted under one FAWC account (FAWCker) in order to keep the competition truly anonymous. The authors of the stories won't be revealed until the 22nd.

Will we have to have our stories removed from the FAWCker account and resubmit them under our own name in order to have them count in Survivor? Credit will be given when the results of the competition are posted and the authors are revealed in the story's comments section as well as on the forums.

I have to admit I was tempted to not ask this and then later just point to this post and say "Box said it counted!" But it felt too much like abusing the system as it stands, and that doesn't sit well with me.

'Nother question: if this counts even as a story posted under FAWCker, will any other FAWC stories count? They are being titled "FAWC #X: Title", and are basically going to be listed like chapters in one long chain. The stories themselves are stand-alone, but this way the stories from each challenge are kept separate on the FAWCker stories list. We're allowed only one chapter of a chain story per year, so would the separate FAWC challenges count as separate chains?

Hi!

I would like to make sure if I got it right about chapter stories for the contest:

As long as I

A) write chapters at least 3000 words
B) make each chapter a separate piece of the story

Is it ok to include chaptered stories?

For example, two different encounters with the same characters?

Back