The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
The neighborhood heavy metal garage band is at it again. I like the music, but the singer might have a five-note range. I haven't seen her. Maybe she's hot.

Is there anyone out there who needs to dry out or maybe get a tan? We've hit 3% relative humidity for the last two afternoons, at least. The weather service's cloud cover description has been "Clear" for all but maybe 6 hours for the last four days, then it was "Few."

Oh wait... That's why it's a desert!

Didn't even get to sleep before she woke up and came and got me. Someday I am going to take a vacation somewhere all by myself, possibly under an assumed identity.

Might I suggest?

Clarissa del Rio, Contesa de Caneria. The islands are yours to command.

It does, and congratulations on the impending event. I'm surprised how quickly that went.

Get interesting people together and everything goes quickly.

Hmmm. . . . . do you have air conditioning? Because I almost kept driving this morning and I was headed west. :rolleyes:

Living in Texas without AC is out of the question during the summer. It was 92 today with a heat index of 100 and summer is still a few days away.

Get interesting people together and everything goes quickly.

Living in Texas without AC is out of the question during the summer. It was 92 today with a heat index of 100 and summer is still a few days away.

Way too hot up here, too.

I don't even want to say the "H" word, gonna hit 100 by the weekend.

So is the magic number 4999 or is the last post 5000. Is there a contest to see who the lucky winner will be that gets that magic posting? Surely we can scrounge up a stale doughnut for the prize.:D

I don't even want to say the "H" word, gonna hit 100 by the weekend.

So is the magic number 4999 or is the last post 5000. Is there a contest to see who the lucky winner will be that gets that magic posting? Surely we can scrounge up a stale doughnut for the prize.:D

Oh, the thread gets closed at 5k posts? I thought: sure, as soon as I show up, close the place down. I bet no one tells me where the new location is.

hahah, but that's just me being paranoid.

Thanks for all the well wishes for my anniversary, pilot and Handley_Page (oh, another HP! I love it!)

Oh, the thread gets closed at 5k posts? I thought: sure, as soon as I show up, close the place down. I bet no one tells me where the new location is.

hahah, but that's just me being paranoid.

Thanks for all the well wishes for my anniversary, pilot and Handley_Page (oh, another HP! I love it!)

Laurel usually gets the last post and sometimes, she even opens a new thread and yes, 5k is the max. Over that slows things down. At one time we had several threads that were well over a million posts. Abs's Bohemian bar thread was one of the biggest. That's where I got the idea for the cafe.

Laurel usually gets the last post and sometimes, she even opens a new thread and yes, 5k is the max. Over that slows things down. At one time we had several threads that were well over a million posts. Abs's Bohemian bar thread was one of the biggest. That's where I got the idea for the cafe.

That it slows down gives a clue as to how it (the search) works, I reckon.
But maybe not.

We started off with a brilliant sunny morning.
Now we got heavy cloud and it's cooler.

Coffee in the Lounge, I'm thinking

I won't be making the 5000th post. I'm off for two weeks' holiday tomorrow morning and probably offline for the whole two weeks.

But as for now? I've got coffee for whoever needs it.

I won't be making the 5000th post. I'm off for two weeks' holiday tomorrow morning and probably offline for the whole two weeks.

But as for now? I've got coffee for whoever needs it.

Thanks and good morning Ogg, I'll take you up on that coffee. Have a wonderful vacation and see you back here when you get back. Relax, unwind, enjoy, recharge and make the most of it! :heart:

imrs.php

Really? We're going to have to find a new location for the café? Blast! Okay, I'll keep the eyes peeled for the 5K entry. Today it's raining gently (Portland, after all) but Saturday is predicted to be 75 and sunny, just in time for my Bierundwurstfest.

Moving along toward #5,000. Afternoon all (my morning). I just tried out the can of spray latte my wife got free at the grocery and have been busy scrubbing down the kitchen.

I moved my office to Starbucks this morning. I needed to be away from workers while writing a "scathing" report on several programmers.

I watched a young lady with her dad, sit next to me, read "Order of the Phoenix," and saw her give her dad the "Wait, I'm almost done" finger when he wanted to go.

I saw several professors from the local 4-year college come in a order a shit ton of fraps and take them outside. The weather's fine and cooler, but the pollen is high. They must have taken Clariton.

I finished up my work stuff and emailed it to the bosses, who have thanked me for it, and having read it, are going to implement my recommendations: They need to spend more time at home OFF the computers, they're all headed to ulcers.

I don't have anything against you at all. That's not the point. I don't say I'm sorry very often. I didn't not believe you. I hope everyone likes your poetry as much as me.

Sincerely,
me

:) ;) <----- asleep

The van is in the shop. When I get it later this afternoon, I'll have working windows . . . and an empty wallet. :eek:

Afternoon all,

I got some work done in the shop earlier before the heat came creeping. Creeping hell, it was already hot at 7AM. My house guests had been sunning in the buff in the backyard. When they decided I needed to get out of the hot shop... They came to get me wearing just towels. After that it was too dangerous to use power tools. :eek:

Three in a shower does not cool anyone off but it does get the bed sheets wet. :D

So, how was your day?

Unexpected so far. A story popped up. It's written now. Maybe I can get to what I scheduled for today now.

I'm puzzled. But then this is a quasi-normal mode for me.
IV I understand (Intra-venous ?). But WTF is 'STAT' ?

For now, a cup of tea, I think.

Answer: Stat, used as a directive to medical personnel during in an emergency situation, is from the Latin word statim, which means “instantly” or “immediately.”

Answer: Stat, used as a directive to medical personnel during in an emergency situation, is from the Latin word 'statim', which means “instantly” or “immediately.”

Oh, right, thanks.
Shouldn't there be some sort of semi-=colon, comma or similar between the IV and the stat ?
I mean, it's a command, ain't it ?
[just me being stupid, I guess].

And the next entry will be No 5000.

To alleviate server load, we're slowly closing down any threads with over 5,000 posts.

The new thread is here (clickie!).

As annoying as this may be, phasing out all or most of the active super-long/never-ending threads will increase the forum speed substantially. If you see a thread that's active with more than 5,000 posts, please feel free to PM me with the link.

Please note that these threads are not being removed - just closed to new posts.

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding! :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back