Blurting it out....Playground style

Status
Not open for further replies.
No lip synching while singing our national anthem...but she looks frozen in that frock...:D

OMG!!

The couple that lives next door to me.

I'd say they are maybe in their late 50's or early 60's.

She just threw 12 wine BOXES downstairs to take to the dumpster ...

:eek:

Just last week he threw her out and called her a slut.

I guess they made up ...

LMAO

blurting out a recipe : salmon pho

salmon pho : recipe courtesy of kokocooks.com; adapted from cuisine at home, june 2011

ingredients

Broth
3 Tbs vegetable oil
1 large onion, sliced
2 Tbs minced fresh ginger
4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
4 c water
4 c low sodium chicken broth
3 Tbs fish sauce
1 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs plus 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
10 whole cloves
1 bunch fresh cilantro stems
2 tsp Chinese five spice powder

Soup
2 6-oz. salmon fillets
Salt and pepper
1 c sliced shitake mushroom caps
1 c matchstick carrots
¼ c thinly sliced white onion
12 oz. rice-stick noodles, cooked

Garnish
Bean sprouts
Chopped green onion, white and light green parts
Fresh mint leaves
Fresh basil leaves (Thai basil if available)
Fresh cilantro leaves
Sliced jalapeno
Lime wedges

instructions

Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, ginger, and garlic in the stockpot until softened, about 3 minutes. Add water, broth, fish sauce, sugar, soy sauce, cloves, cilantro stems, and five spice powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Using a large slotted spoon, pull solids out of the broth; discard. Turn heat back up to medium-high and bring broth back to a boil.

Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Thinly slice crosswise (against the grain.) Set aside.

Add shitake mushroom caps, carrots, and the ¼ c of sliced onions to the broth. Divide salmon and noodles evenly into four large soup bowls. Pour into the bowl, making sure to cover the salmon. The fish will cook in the hot broth.

Garnish with bean sprouts, green onion, mint, basil, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime wedges.

Flo, the Progressive insurance spokesperson, makes me want to change insurance companies. I love those commercials! lol

*non lit-related* (mainly :p!!!)

tumblr_mhm5dkqMzJ1rf6mmlo1_500.jpg

Flo, the Progressive insurance spokesperson, makes me want to change insurance companies. I love those commercials! lol

REALLY??? Holy crap those commercials are horrible...and play ever other commercial it seems.

I'm gonna have to subtract points off my opinion of you..:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back