Star Wars: Lost Soul

SiaKlynn

Walk with me?
Joined
May 14, 2009
Posts
4,873
(Closed for LoganDarkHolme)


Coruscant: 4,996 BBY

Jedi Master Taryn Nalani spent the morning in meditation; her nights over the last week had been interrupted with violent dreams. The disturbance she feels in the Force has her greatly troubled. There is a rogue Jedi killing innocents along the outer rim, but in the last month he’d made his way to Corellia. The physical description they’d received was troubling because the identity of the man resembled a Jedi the Order thought to have been lost during the Hyperspace War. Could it be that Vince Lunairis, Jedi Knight, is still alive? Had he survived? And if he had then why had he not return to the Order?

They’d not known each other having only met briefly during the war, but if he had survived and is now on a killing rampage he must be stopped. She’d tired to look into the future, but with no real decisions having been made on his part she cannot see a clear path. Moving through the gardens of the Jedi Academy Taryn decides it is she who will go to him and try to bring him back, of course she’ll need the council’s approval, but she already know they will grant her request.

“Master Nalani?”

A serene smile crosses Taryn’s lips as she turns towards the familiar voice of Calvin Teln, once her Padawan, and now a Knight. The man had grown strong through the last couple of years, but had yet to take a Padawan and she had yet take another apprentice. “Greetings Cal, I have a request. I must travel to Corellia in search of one of our own struggling down a dark path. Will you accompany me?”

“You know I will.”

“Yes, however it is always polite to ask you’re no longer my student.” Breathing lightly Taryn’s gaze shifts to the side, “Please ask Leela if she’ll accompany us. I have a meeting with council, but I will leave shortly after, say two hours time, is that sufficient?”

“We’ll be ready to leave.”

“Excellent. Thank you, Cal.”

Two hours later on the landing pad….

Cal waits next to the ramp waiting for Taryn who is now crossing the area with a bag in hand. “Just like old times.”

She says with a smile at Cal, who returns the smile, “Yeah though I’m no longer the gangly kid trying to impress his master.”

Taryn rests a hand on Cal’s arm briefly, “You always impressed me. Let’s go.”
 
Slow, easy....silent.... Vertigo trailed the bounty he was hunting, his pale blue eyes watching his foe's, a group of ragtag thugs, with a price on their head. he snorted at the thought, credits, a bounty to take. it seemed like years since he was abandoned. Left behind by the only people he ever had in his life, his life as a Jedi. only the young age of 24 Vince could never forget that day, the end of the war. His last mission that took him to the Suurja System. Hunting down what remained of his Sith adversaries.

As the battle commenced he had quickly fallen apon the Sith. throughout his years of teaching he had developed a quirk in his ability to use the force, through concentration he was actually able to shift the air around his foe, causing a "vertigo" effect that would throw them off balance and dis-orient them. Hence earning him the nickname "vertigo" by his fellow Jedi. as the battle between him and the sith ensued Vince had been jumped from behind by sith soldiers, non-force users, and was forced back. Before vince could react the ground beneath him gave way and he fell into a deep crevice. Badly injured from the fall he tried his communicator time and time again but the signal was too weak to penetrate past the heavy deposits of iron and steel that were negating his com signal.

Vince.....was left alone..... Healing what injuries he could he slowly and painfully crawled out from the crevice he was in. Collapsing at the summit one thing had burned in his mind, He had been abandoned by the Jedi, near death and in pain, those he called his family had left him to die, even as he reached out with the force he felt no one.... with a wail of grief he passed out.


Now, more then a year later, having been hopping from planet to planet, his anger, his hatred, still brewed, deeper now then ever his heart, the very blood in his veins ran cold, he had become a saber for hire, selling himself as an assassin to the highest bidder. Oh he knew that word of a Rogue jedi had been spreading, He had killed Several out of hatred and those that got in his way. Even went so far as to travel to Korriban, Home of those he once called enemy, fought threw them all, trained with them, once more he had grown strong in the force, the Sith offereing him so much more of a challenge then the Jedi ever could.

shaking his head Vince brought himself back to the present, he couldnt dwell on past mistakes, this was his life now, and he had a job to do as the Group of thugs passed below him he decended from the rafters he had been hiding

"you boys missed your past few payments......your boss isnt happy..."

the group of 7 turned, startled that they had been followed they instantly drew they guns. With a snarl Vince ignited his Double-bladed saber twirling the staff around with deft flicks of his fingers and wrist he easily reflected the Blaster bolts, the force flowing through his body, his hatred, his anger fueling his strength he leapt, the twin blades of his lightsaber twirling, he easily severed limbs from body, listening to the agonizing screams of his unworthy foes.

His Silver hair flowing behind him he brings his saber to the ready reaching up a hand he unleashes 5 deadly archs of lightning from his fingers striking and instantly killing one man. as the Lightning receeded his red gaze turns to the last man standing, listening to the mans pleas for his life. the useless blabbering fool

"your boss put a price on your head, time to pay the piper"

with a twisted grin he de-activated a single blade....then without warning lashed out, throwing his saber at the guy with deadly precision severed his head from his body, reaching out with the force he recalled his saber to his hand, his eyes looking around, the 7 dead men, bodies still smoking, he huffed and shook his head. 35,000 credits for this job........too easy.....deactiving his saber he lashed it to his belt, turning he threw his hood up and walked away
 
Last edited:
Taryn Nalani

Walking down the corridor of the Fading Dawn Taryn pauses at the entrance of the cockpit and ducking her head inside, “Leela, thank you for accompanying us. We can leave the moment when ready.”

A pink skinned Twi’lek in the captain’s chair smiles, “My pleasure, Master Nalani. We will be ready to lift off momentarily.”

“Join us in the lounge once we’ve entered hyperspace.”
A sense of normalcy washes over Taryn as she walks to the lounge there was a time when they were together often. That was before Jedi Master Xavier Ben past away. This ship and her two companions bring memories of her former lover to the surface. Settling on the couch in the lounge the bag sits beside her and lids fall closed over pale green eyes, she can sense trouble ahead. The touch of fingers pressing to her shoulder breaks Taryn from her thoughts. “Do you miss him?”

“Always, but I know he is at peace – it is enough. I’ve not seen Leela in a long time.”

“She was hesitant about joining us, but I convinced her that we needed her superior piloting skills.”

Taryn laughs lightly fingers brushing a few black strands from her face, “A solid counter.”

The ship rumbles beneath their feet as it lifts into the air and Cal settles into a chair across from the Jedi Master. It wouldn’t be a long flight, a few hours, but their time on Corellia could be considerably long. Several minutes pass in silence and is only broken the moment Leela joins them in the lounge.

“Now that we’re all here,” Taryn begins and scoots to the edge of the couch, “Let me introduce you to Jedi Knight Vince Lunairis otherwise known as Vertigo…”

Reaching into a pouch on the outside of her bag she pulls a data slip free and slides it into the holo-table, fingertips press a button and a full body image of Vince is displayed. “His nickname comes from his uncanny ability to use the Force to change the atmosphere and give his opponent the feeling of vertigo. We thought he’d been killed during the Hyperspace War, but it appears we were sorely mistaken. I believe feeling abandoned is the root source of his anger. I hope that once I engage him I can help him face these feelings.”

Sitting back on the couch Taryn stares at the holo-image of the young man, “I want the both of you to be distant. I don’t want him to feel cornered and will leave it up to your digression if assistance is needed. Leela, please follow Cal’s lead.”

Standing to her feet, “I’m going to spend some time in meditation please let me know when we’ve reached Corellia’s orbit.”
 
after collecting the bounty owed by the exchange he left and made his way down the main causeway of Coronet. passing shops, bazaar's, and other small item places he makes his way down one of the dark allyways. his hood tossed up over his head, his robs flying in the winds as he walked he projected an air of malice, hatred, everyone that came across him moved from his path not willing to tangle with him he turned and entered into one of Coronet's back ally bars where the scum of the city gathered, slowly his head gazed out over the bar, reaching out he felt the one he had come to see.

turning on his boot heel he walked to the darkest cornor of the bar, taking a seat across from a cloaked figure he bowed his head

"what is your will my master"

the hooded figure looked up removing the hood from her head to reveal a beautiful twi'lek her skin a deep blood red, her lekku draped down into the folds of her cloak, she was clad in black leather her soothing seductive voice held a double edge, designed to ensnare and murder she had been the one to nurse him back to health, to train him to be strong once more in the force and in his technique, to her he had pledged himself as her apprentice and served her faithfully

mmmm my apprentice, you have been busy, word of a rogue jedi have spread far, and i fear that even the Jedi may have heard the rumors and may come to investigate, but i have trained you well these past years, be on your guard. i sense a tremor in the force and my meditation has shown me that we may have to leave Corellia

her gaze swept out into the crowds as a rowdy bunch passed, her gaze returning to him once more

for all your strengths my apprentice you need to learn stealth, we cannot force our hand and reveal our presence again so soon after the wars, when the Jedi abandoned their own in their greed and lust for glory, we were all but forgotten, if they realize we still exsist they will hunt us again, be weary Vertigo

he bowed his head as he listened to his Master talk, closing his eyes his senses on alert even as he relaxed

"i understand my Master, i will try and be more descreet from now on, "

she merely nodded and he sat back, ordering up a Tarisan ale he let his mind drift off into thought
 
Taryn Nalani

The cramped space of Taryn’s quarters is dimly light by a single glow lamp shining a warm red, which radiates against the white walls. Cross-legged on the bunk attached to the wall and corner of the space Taryn sits in quiet mediation. As she strengthens her focus and strength for the mission she resists looking into the future there are too many choices yet to make, too many possibilities. The intercom chimes once before the calm female voice Leela fills the room, “Master Nalani we have entered Corellia’s orbit and have received permission to land.”

An hour later Taryn is walking down the ramp of the ship a dark blue cloak covering a sage dress her features hidden in the shadow of the hood. Cal and Leela stand at the top of the ramp awaiting directions. She can sense Cal’s distress about her decision to go off on her own. Turning around as she reaches the bottom of the ramp pale green eyes focus on the Jedi Knight, “Search the perimeter of the city, but do not wander too far from each other. If I need your help I will call.”

Taryn’s voice is soft, but the command behind her words keeps Cal from arguing. Bowing his head, “As you wish.”

Leaving her companions behind Taryn strolls through streets of Coronet using the force to reach out to the rogue Jedi allowing him to sense her presence to see if he will approach or run, but as she searches the city she can also sense a dark presence. This changes matters and she is curious to why she had not sensed the evil before now were they masking? Reaching out through the force she touches both Cal and Leela’s mind, “Be cautious there is more than one darksider on planet I believe this other may be our rogue’s master. I will know more when he seeks me out.”

Not wishing to have a confrontation in the center of town she moves down an alleyway, which leads her to a near deserted street. Knowing there are two creates a difficult situation, but the man had not been under the influence long – she can feel there is still hope.
 
as his thoughts drift into the memorys of his past, of the pain he felt, the loss, the abandonment he suddenly felt a tremor that jolted him from his thoughts, the same time he felt the tremor his Master's hand went to her saber on reflex, blinking he cleared his head, looking to his Master her cold gaze swept around the bar, he felt the tingles of the force, there were Jedi here, they were being hunted.

I think my young apprentice that the Jedi are here, and they are looking for us.....

Vertigo stood and fell into step behind his master as they took their leave, he felt his master reach out, wiping the memorys of our presence from anyone and everyone within the bar the soft rustle of our robes as we step out into the night, looking around

"My master, i sense 3, close to us, but only 1 seems to have power, the other two seem weak"

looking to his Master the only answer he got was a soft rustling of her hood as she nodded, with a motion of her hand they split up looking around Vertigo frowned, his Master's unspoken command to meet back at the ship as soon as possible he looks up, Summoning the force to him he Leapt up catching a piece of wall he vaulted over and perched upon it, giving him a bird's eye vantage he closed his eyes, his hand on his saber he reached out subtly through the force, 2 of them, young, talented in the force but weak, but the 3rd, he could feel her strength, that one would be trouble, turning slightly he looked up the ally and spotted them, a young girl and a guy together, dressed down in robes

"ahhh there they are"

clasping his hands together his eyes closed and he summoned the force to him, in his Mind's eye he saw the two jedi as they entered the ally subtly he began to weave his Vertigo spell, subtly changing the air currents around their body, the force wrapping around them, warping their perception of balance
 
Taryn, Leela and Cal

Leela is the first to sense the threat her gold gaze looking to Cal whose hand is hovering near his lightsaber. The air begins to distort around both Jedi to stop in their tracks. Cal asks, “Do you feel the change in the air?”

Leela only nods in return as she closes her eyes and draws on the force for strength and clarity. Her partner is a little more stubborn trying to keep his focus without taking time to center his thoughts. Instead he calls out, “We know what you’re doing Vertigo, but it won’t cripple us.”

Even as he says this everything begins to swirl around him and he stumbles a step backwards before Leela grabs his arm. “Vertigo, we mean you no harm.” The Twi’lek says calmly, “Though I sense you mean us a great deal of harm. May I advise against your plan?”

A few block away Taryn feels the tremor in the force their presence discovered as she intended, but she had judged incorrectly on who Vertigo would approach. Moving through the back streets and allies the Jedi Master moves swiftly to reach her companions before the situation can escalate.
 
“We know what you’re doing Vertigo, but it won’t cripple us.”

a grin slowly creeps along his face, the males voice echoing through the ally and yet at his bold declaration he see's the Jedi stumble back a step and was grabbed by the female he was with with another subtle thrust of the force the feelings and intensity of the Vertigo field grow stronger, his eyes watch the Twi'lek, she was stronger then he thought,

“Vertigo, we mean you no harm. Though I sense you mean us a great deal of harm. May I advise against your plan?”

he snorts and lets go a low chuckle, looking up he reachs out his hand from the opposite roof boxes, pieces of scrap metal and busted droids, splitting his attention between maintaining the illusion around the two jedi his brow furrows, reaching out with the other hand he calls the junk to him, hurling chunks of metal and debris at the two watching as their sabers are drawn and they deflect and avoid the rain of junk Vertigo fails to Notice the presence of the 3rd Jedi draw into the ally behind him
 
Last edited:
Taryn, Leela and Cal

Leela hears the rumble and scrapping of metal calling her saber to her hand the blade ignites. Depending fully on the force to guide her movements she slices through a large chuck which threatens to take off both she and Cal’s head. Her companion is still a little disoriented, but quickly has his lightsaber in his hand helping to protect them. While the Jedi are occupied and Vertigo enjoying the show Taryn slips into the alley behind the rogue Jedi. Stretching out with the force Taryn counters the ripples in the air blocking Vertigo’s special talent in order to get his attention.

“It’s time to stop playing with my friends and face me, Vince.” The Jedi Master pushes back her hood revealing the chin length cropped hair and near translucent green eyes. There is a serenity and strength surrounding the woman as she gracefully moves forward closing the distance between and the rogue Jedi
 
“It’s time to stop playing with my friends and face me, Vince.

he started at the sudden voice behind him his concentration lost he spun, calling his saber to his hand in trained autonomy he snarls, the Vertigo field dropped instantly around the two jedi as he faced off with the master, his cold eyes burning red with anger the crimson glow of his double-blade saber as he twirls the saber around in his hand

"i was wondering when you would show yourself, Leave, before i kill you, "

his eyes closed for just a moment as he felt the familiar awareness, his Master was close, the grin on his face Spreading

"come to finally Kill me off Chubba face? after all these years, you finally came back to find me?"

he spits on the ground before launching himself at her whipping out his hand the force wraps around a chunk of rock and launches itself at her as he twirls his saber and brings it down in a slashing Arc
 
Taryn

"I was wondering when you would show yourself; Leave, before I kill you,”

“You are of course welcome to try.” Taryn’s voice is calm and smooth she feels no fear or doubt she has the force as her ally. She can sense the power of his master not far away, but yet she keeps her distance perhaps a test for her apprentice?

"Come to finally Kill me off Chubba face? After all these years, you finally came back to find me?"

“Kill you?” Taryn takes a step closer, “No, I do not wish to kill you. I’ve sought you out in order to ask you to come back to Coruscant with us. I know there is a lot of anger, resentment –you have embraced the darkside, but it does not have to be your path.”

The young Jedi Master is confused by the final part of his sentence, but only for a moment as she seeks out the answer through the force, “We did not leave you. Had any of the Jedi present at that battle had known you must know they would have saved you.”

Taryn knows this will not be easy and there is a margin for failure as she meets this man’s eyes, which are full of hate, she sees his potential – he can chose to be a threat or they can fight the evils of this galaxy together. In this man she sees a life worth saving one she is determined to save. In a single motion her lightsaber is in her hand the green blade flashing as the dark blue cloak slides from her frame and in one graceful motion the boulder is sliced in half. Another step forward she meets his blade, blocking the blow which would have sliced her in half. “Vince,” she meets his gaze, “Come with me…we don’t have to return to the Jedi. We can go wherever you want.”
 
“Kill you? No, I do not wish to kill you. I’ve sought you out in order to ask you to come back to Coruscant with us. I know there is a lot of anger, resentment –you have embraced the darkside, but it does not have to be your path.”

her words only serve to enrage him further, How dare she pity him, looking into her eyes he could see the pity, the hurt she felt for him and it only fueled him


"LIAR!!!!!!! You'd won the War be damned with "those left behind" the last part of that sentence dripping with sarcasm as he lashed out at her, twirling his saber around to meet her parry, keeping his senses open for the other 2 jedi who remained motionless behind him watching the fight

We did not leave you. Had any of the Jedi present at that battle had known you must know they would have saved you.”

"i might have at one time but i see through the Lies the jedi teach, "

feeling their sabers Lock he parry's her blow and spins on his heel, lashing out with his Foot she easily avoids the blow giving him the chance to regroup, twirling his saber he brings it to the ready behind him, his face twisted in rage

“Vince,Come with me…we don’t have to return to the Jedi. We can go wherever you want.”

his eyes narrow more at her words, hissing in hated

"I DONT NEED YOUR PITY!!! THE JEDI BETRAYED ME, LEFT ME TO DIE!!"

reaching into his Cloak his other hand deactivates his saber, he pulls a thermal detonator from his belt, arming it he launches it at the Master, twisting on his heel he lashes out both hands, Lightning streaking from his fingertips the force of the blow to the 2 Jedi knocking them clear of the ally entrance he lets go with a Burst of Force speed taking off into the crowds of Coronet, winding his way through the crowds he leaps up catching a ridge and launching himself over the roofs of several buildings it is only a matter of minutes before he returns to his masters Ship

breathing heavily he slumps onto his bed, his anger, rage, boiling within him, he felt his master return shortly after him, he hears the Ships systems come online and the whine of the engines as the ship breaks orbit. as his breathing finally slows he stands up changing into a fresh pair of clothes he feels the inertial dampers kick on and the whine of the hyperdrive as the ship lurchs into lightspeed, Turning he hears the soft steps of his Master, her hips swaying slightly as she walked, a smile on her lips, her sultry voice penetrating past his defenses

mmmmmm you did well my apprentice, taking on 3 jedi and living to tell the tale, i am proud of you

his gaze turning to her, she had removed her robe, leaving her in just her standard leather uniform, both Lekku draped down along her back, even for a twi'lek she was stunningly beautiful, and he swallowed gently when he saw the look in her eyes

you fought so hard my apprentice, you must be tense, come, let me rub your shoulders for you

with only a moments hesitation he laid out on the bed, pulling his shirt off he felt her gentle hands working his back, bringing a moan from him

Ive set our course to Tattoine, it is ...far more remote of a planet that we can hide on, and after that impressive display of lightning i think it is time to up your training

he couldnt keep the studder and moan from his voice as he thanked her, feeling his Master's hands trailing down his back he soon felt the first soft kiss of her lips along his spine, causing him to roll over she straddled him, Vince swallowed genty as he looked up at the now topless form of the Twi'lek above him, and all else was Lost to him as she proceeded to show him once more just how well she could use her body just as she had when she first took him when he was a virgin, her body, her hands, every bit of her lured him in, drew him deeper into his passions, she saved his life he was hers and he moaned to the stars as she rode him
 
Last edited:
Taryn Nalani

The rage bubbles from Vince and not since battling the Sith during the Hyperspace Wars has she felt such darkness, but beneath the darkness she senses good twisted amongst the confusion.

“Pity is not what brings me to you!”

She tries to communicate, but he’s already beyond listening and tosses a thermal detonator in the air. Extending her hand she catches the silver ball using the Force as it hovers in the air she concentrates mentally deactivating the explosive. While she is distracted by the detonator her companions are struck down by jolts of Force lightning as Vince flees. Calling the detonator to her hand she sweeps up her cloak and moves to Leela’s side. The Twi’lek’s pink skin is severely scorched across her bare abdomen and she is struggling to breathe evenly. Checking on Cal he’s in better shape, weak, but not seriously injured. “Cal we need to get Leela back to the ship.”

The young Jedi groans, but pushes himself up to a sitting position taking in a couple of slow breathes to clear his head. Standing to her feet she drapes her cloak across shoulders tucking the detonator away. Cal now on his feet and scoops Leela up in his arms cradling her carefully against his chest Taryn can sense his worry for their friend. Resting her hand on his shoulder, “She will be fine.”

Cal gives a quick nod before moving forward tracking down the back allies until they reach the Fading Dawn. Moving to the side of the ramp she keys the security to lower the ramp. “Take her to the medical station I’ll warm up the engines and get us clearance.”

“We’re leaving?”

“Yes, back to Coruscant. Vince and his master won’t be on Corellia much longer, so I will pursue him at a later date. What is important it getting both of you back to Coruscant.”

“Master –“ Cal has a warning in his voice as if he already knows what Taryn plans.

“Cal – go take care of Leela. Once she’s comfortable come join me in the cockpit.” She snaps before heading off to the cockpit.

Several minutes later Cal enters the cockpit and settles into the co-pilot’s chair. Taryn glances at her friend, “I’m sorry I snapped.”

“It’s fine.” He responses as he begins to set the coordinates into the navi-computer, “Leela is stable and resting.”

Taryn nods, “He’s confused…there is good in him. We shouldn’t have cornered him.”

Cal sits in silence waiting to be free of the gravity well before sending them into light speed. “You’re planning on going after him alone.”

Taryn settles back in the pilot’s chair and looks out the viewport at the black space, “It is something I am considering.”

“Master Taryn, you can’t face them both alone.”

“I’m not so sure there will be a need.” Rising from the chair, “Keep an eye on things up here I am going to sit with Leela for a while.”
 
sometime later Vince had fallen asleep after being exhausted by his master's attentions, sleeping calmly his mind replaying the fight in a dream, his actions, his attentions, that feeling of being cornored, of being alone against impossible odds, of feeling abandoned and weak his rage flowing, causing items around the small cabin to vibrate, and levitate around the room, as the ship dropped from Hyper-space Vince's master rose from her chair and made her way back to the sleeping cabin, resting her hand gently on his shoulder Vince slowly woke from his nightmare, looking around he blinked a few times

"have we arrived"

we have my young Vertigo, come,

with a nod he rose, the blanket falling off his still naked form he went to his storage locker and pulled out a fresh set of Black robes he quickly dressed and made his way to the cockpit, taking his seat his arms crossed over his chest he watched the barren landscape of Tattooine beneath him as they circled around and landed in Mos Eisley, closing his eyes briefly he centered himself then rose to stand, following his Master out into the space port he looked around
 
Taryn Nalani

Taryn sat with Leela for more than an hour a portion of that time she spent in meditation using the Force to help mend her body. The scarred pink skin was already beginning to smooth. Though Leela is sleep Taryn says softly, “I’m sorry I should have been more careful, but you will be all right.”

Leaving the Jedi to rest Taryn enters the lounge to make some tea they would arrive at Coruscant in only a few hours. Cal is sitting on the couch with a datapad in his hand a mug of steaming liquid sitting on the table. “I’ve made some tea. It’s in the galley.”

“Thank you. Leela is resting comfortably and will make a full recovery.” She says before disappearing into the galley and returns in a minute later. “Cal, I know you want to come with me …”

The former Padawan leans forward and set the datapad down on the table before picking up the mug, “It is unwise for you to travel alone. How do you plan to fly this ship on your own? If you take a fighter there’s no room another unless you’re planning to kill Vertigo.”
“You know that’s not my plan. I need to separate him from his Master and reach out to him with compassion.” Holding the mug between her hands she stares into the hot liquid, “It won’t be easy, in fact I could very well fail and be forced to kill him.”

“I’m coming with you, Master Taryn; however I will stay back and allow you to face him on your own.” Cal’s icy blue eyes study her face as she considers his decision he can sense her reluctance, but she can see the wisdom of not going on her own.

Raising the mug she blows on the tea before pressing her lips to the rim, lids closing over the pale green eyes, a few strands of black brush against her cheek. Each decision holds a different future, which is muddled with too many possibilities. “You are decided on this, so once I have a location we’ll leave.”

The next few hours pass in light conversation as well as watching over Leela. When they land Leela is taken to the medical ward and Taryn returns to her room to meditate. The hours pass in quiet silence then there is a bright flash of twin suns beating down on the sand covered ground and Vince appears dressed in his dark robes looking out to a city, he is following a person, but she cannot identify the figure – she can only assume this is Vince’s master.

Several minute later Taryn is walking through the halls of the Jedi temple in the direction of the gardens where she senses Cal’s presence. She gives pause by the approach of Jedi Master Nulsek, slowing her steps she knows he has been looking for her, “Master Nulsek.”

“Master Nalani, may I have a word?”

“Of course, walk with me? I’m headed to the gardens.”

“Yes.” The two begin to stroll through the temple the quiet lasting only a few seconds, “You were not successful in your confrontation of the rogue Jedi.”

“I was not and Jedi Leela was injured, which is why I cut off my pursuit to return to Coruscant. Our next encounter will be different. He has a master – I believe her dark powers are that of the Sith. Cal will continue to accompany me on my search.” Turning to the right they walk through a tall archway which opens up to a large garden with several younglings preening flowers or sitting under a tree during a lesson. Taryn has always enjoyed the tranquil atmosphere of the gardens and often taught lessons to younglings in this area.

“Taryn…”

Master Nulsek calling her by her familiar name causes her to stop in her tracks though they are friends he rarely called her by her first name unless he had concerns, “Is there something wrong?”

“This mission of yours to save the strayed Jedi, you must be careful, I sense you are walking on a dangerous path. I wish to warn you to be careful don’t allow your feelings to control your decisions. Allow the Force to guide you.”

Taryn takes into consideration the words from her friend then nods, “I will keep your advice in mind, thank you. Is that all?”

“Yes, for now. Please, Taryn be careful.”

“I will. Good day, Nulsek.”

Taryn walks through the garden alone the words from her friend weighing heavily on her mind. His warning means some of the possible paths she saw during meditation are a danger. Seeing Cal talking with a young female Jedi Knight, whose name she cannot remember, she keeps her distance to allow their conversation to finish. When Cal sees Taryn he excuses himself and approache, “I know where they are… feel like taking a trip to Tatoonie?”

Cal raises his brow and smirks slightly, “Is there ever a time anyone wishes to visit that dust ball?”

Taryn laughs, “I’ll meet you at Fading Dawn in an hour.”
 
Vince looked around as they entered into Mos Eisley, he knew they needed supplys and now seemed like a good time. He walked around the small shops, looking at the different foods and fruits, the presence of his Master in the vicinity a constant tingle in his head, looking around he reached into his cloak and pulled out his datapad, going over the list his Master had given him for supplies he moved over to a Rodian's tent, the array of Power cell's ammo clips he rattled off a small list, Power converter's power cell's a few black market Ident chips to make new false identitys, and a phase inverter for the new lightsaber he was going to be crafting, paying the rodian he tucked away the items he bought and moved on, after what seemed like hours he finally returned to the docking bay where their ship was as he pulled the anti-grav cart to a stop a flicker in the back of his mind alerted him to trouble, before his mind reacted his saber was in his hand, twirling it around just as his Master dropped onto him, deflecting her saber he growled at her

Very good my young apprentice, your reaction times are getting better,

she snarled at him and launched after him, his saber twirled deftly parrying her attacks, his eyes blazed with hatred, feeling the force flow through him, his hand whipped out and he seized an empty container, calling it to him through the force he launched it at his master as she twirled away she took her eyes off him and he leapt up, gripping a piece of wall he launched around and hid in a little notch in the ceiling closing his eyes he wrapped himself in the force, and to his Masters amazement no matter how much she tried she couldnt find him, as she deactivated her saber he silenlty slipped down behind her, but before he could make a move suddenly his feet flew out from under him and he hit the hard sand the hum of a saber he looked up to see his Master grinning her saber at his throat

well done my apprentice, but you still have much to learn, come

deactivating her saber she helped Vince up and they proceeded to bring the supplies back to the ship
 
Taryn Nalani

Cal brings down the Fading Dawn in docking bay 18, “Next time I promise my company on a mission make I’ll remember to find out where we’re headed first.”

Taryn, sitting in the co-pilot seat, laughs, “Well you’re not required to leave the ship, so you can avoid the sand getting into every crevice no matter how much clothing you wear.”

Getting up she turns away just as Cal says, “Be careful. If you run into trouble—“

“I’ll contact you.” She finishes the sentence as she walks out of the cockpit and to the exit pausing at the common area to retrieve her clock. Punching in the code she drapes the cloak over her shoulders as the ramp lowers, hot air wafting into the ship. The twin suns heat the planet to an almost unbearably warm temperature, but in order to protect one’s skin full clothing is required. The plan is simple – she will wait for Vince to come to her. Pulling the hood of her cloak over her head she hides in the layers of material as she heads out into the street.

There is no hiding by now his master will know she is here and will either come find her or she will send Vince. Ducking into a cantina Taryn pauses for a moment as her eyes adjust to the contrast of light. The purpose of this location is the hope to speak with him and avoid confrontation, at least long enough so she might judge the hold his master on him. Ignoring the stares and prominent stench of sweat and stale ale she chooses a booth towards the back and reaches out in an attempt to touch Vince’s mind – to let him know she’s here and waiting.
 
as vince looked over the read out's of the Nav computer, plotting out hiding places and refuel points he felt a hum through the force, blinking he looked up from the cockpit seeing a ship fly in low, his eyes narrowed, seconds later he heard the faint steps of his master as she poked her head into the cockpit

we have company my apprentice, we seemed to have been followed, i feel it is the same female who cornored you on Corellian,

getting up Vince called his sager to his hand and clipped it to his belt,

"it would seem my Master, that we should go greet them, "

with a nod and a grin she tossed her cloak around her and they departed the ship, slipping out into the bustling streets Vertigo leapt up and decided to hide himself, letting his Master confront the Jedi he would then ambush her from behind, watching, waiting, his Master standing in the center of the street calling the force to her, she let go with a powerful blast that cleared the area around her and sent more then one person sailing, if that wouldnt bring the jedi running he didnt know what would
 
Taryn Nalani

Taryn feels the disturbance of the Force, arrogant and reckless, so this female wishes to call her out into the street with an extravagant display of her power? Eyes closed Taryn draws on the Force to center her emotions she will not allow these antics to rattle her emotions. Rising from the booth she strides across the cantina, slipping between two patrons entering through the door she steps out into the street the brightness affecting her vision for only a brief moment. This is the type of display the Jedi Master had hoped to avoid. In the back of her mind she hears the whisper of Cal’s voice, “I’m nearby.”

She senses confusion in the street, but it is soon followed with understanding as the cloaked figure of the dark Jedi is recognized by those who are picking up themselves up off the ground. A minute later Taryn steps into the middle of the road her hands still free of the lightsaber which hangs from her left hip. A delicate hand raises to push the hood from her head revealing the Chandrilan with black chin length hair and pale green eyes, in the bright light of Tatoonie’s suns they appear translucent. Calmly the Jedi Master watches the female Twi’lek, so this is Vince’s master, a self proclaimed Sith no doubt. Taryn’s gaze never leaves her opponent as she searches with Force for a sign of Vince, but she doesn’t/can’t sense him. Interesting. “My mission is to save Vince.”

Pale green eyes track the surroundings he is nearby whether she can sense him or not, “Vince it’s not too late I can help you. I offer my friendship.” Feeling the rage of the female dark Jedi Taryn’s eyes focuses the next words to her, “He’s not for you to own. He will make his choice freely as will you and if needed, yes, I will destroy you.”
 
“My mission is to save Vince. “He’s not for you to own. He will make his choice freely as will you and if needed, yes, I will destroy you.”

she spit as she listened to the Jedi's words, a twisted smile forming on her face as she shed her robe, revealing her blood red skin her Lekku draped over her back, drawing her saber to her hand she chuckled her voice twisted with Cynisism

Why now after all these years try and save him hmm??only now that he has truely come into his powers you show up looking for him, i do not own him jedi, i saved his life, took him in and nursed him, made him strong again when the jedi left him behind to celebrate their victory, made him a Man

with a battle cry she launched herself at her, her saber twirling in her hand she flung out with the force attemping to drive the Jedi back into Vince's waiting clutchs

“Vince it’s not too late I can help you. I offer my friendship.”

Vertigo snorts as he listens to her babbling, his eye twitching he looks farther up the street, catching a flash of silver he pulls a pair of Binoculars off his belt, forcusing in he seems that the Jedi brought her apprentice, with a grin he traveled along the room tops, dropping down behind the Padawan he grinned

"well, she didnt come alone, come to die jedi?"
 
Taryn Nalani

“Why now after all these years try and save him hmm??Only now that he has truly come into his powers you show up looking for him, I do not own him Jedi, I saved his life, took him in and nursed him, made him strong again when the Jedi left him behind to celebrate their victory, made him a Man.”

The dark Jedi sneers, rage barely held in check as she faces the Jedi Master, but Taryn is a sea of calm, “His powers and yours are used selfishly, fueled by anger and greed. The only thing you’ve nurtured is Vince’s anger and preyed on his fear and loneliness. You don’t really care for him and it’s time he discovered the truth.”

Taryn watches the Twi’lek’s face twist into rage, screaming a battle cry and igniting her saber for attack. Throwing out both hands she blocks the energy of the Force push before calling the lightsaber to her hand a flash of green glows as the saber ignites and blocks the blow from the dark Jedi. Shifting her footing the attacker steps past and Taryn turns to face the Twi’lek. She senses that Vince is on the move having spied Cal and she knows her former apprentice purposely allowed himself to be seen. Focusing on her opponent in her peripheral vision she can see a crowd gathering this fight needs to be taken elsewhere to avoid any innocents being hurt. Cal will need to deal with Vince on his own while she deals with the master. Turning on her heel Taryn turns and runs from the dark Jedi darting down an alleyway the coverings from several awnings shade the brilliant light of the sun. The space is narrow and there are several crates sparsely scattered along the walls, but it’s the lack of on lookers as to why Taryn chooses this as the battlefield.

Several blocks away Cal watches his senses open to the Force tracking his friend ready to assist should the confrontation be too much to handle. Pacing back and forth in a short distance he strays into the sunlight for a moment the silver cylinder of the lightsaber clipped to his belt winks in the sunlight. He wasn’t exactly keeping his presence hidden and the intentions to draw one of the dark Jedi away from Taryn works.

"Well, she didn’t come alone, come to die Jedi?"

Cal hears a voice behind him and whirls around in surprise – he hadn’t felt his approach. Snatching his lightsaber from his belt, Cal faces Vince without fear this time he better prepared to face the fallen Jedi, “Not today, Vince. Master Taryn wishes to help you and as her former Padawan I can tell you she is rather tenacious when she sets her mind to a task.”
 
“His powers and yours are used selfishly, fueled by anger and greed. The only thing you’ve nurtured is Vince’s anger and preyed on his fear and loneliness. You don’t really care for him and it’s time he discovered the truth.”


Allura snorted as the Jedi continued to rant, her cold heartless eyes watching the jedi move then suddenly turn and run, with a snarl she chased after the female, throwing out lashes of the force watching as the Jedi master easily dodged them as she ran only enraged her more, as she was drawn into a alleyway her saber ignited once more, with a battle cry she fell into a Loose Vaapad Form of fighting, letting her anger, and hatred flow through her form her movements although strong were slow and almost un-coordinated, anyone who looked apon her would know she didn't know the fighting style well

Allura and Taryn battled a thin sheen of sweat had begun to form, and allura quickly realized she was loosing but in her anger refused to accept it and swung Wildly her saber twisted at an odd angle it slashed through the bricks of the wall beside them

**********************
“Not today, Vince. Master Taryn wishes to help you and as her former Padawan I can tell you she is rather tenacious when she sets her mind to a task.”


vinces eyes narrowed, watching the Jedi draw his saber he licked his lips, closing his eyes only briefly he reached out, feeling his Master locked in combat he cleared his mind and ignited only a single blade of his saber, gripping the hilt as if it were a single blade hilt, his stance falling into Makashi Form II his eyes hardened on his target, twirling his saber in his hand he sliced the saber down in a fierce arc digging his heel into the ground he spun, his saber deflected by the Jedi he twirled flurrying his saber in a pattern around his form he deflected the incoming attack and lunged for the Jedi again driving him back, his movements were precise, direct, and fierce, the force flowing through him, his eyes blazing with hatred for everything this jedi before him stood for, what he once stood for

"you know you will only be abandoned too dont you, when they no longer have a use for you you will be dicarded, just as i did, left for dead"

he lashed out as he parried an attack force gripping a piece of metal he threw it at his opponent
 
Last edited:
Taryn Nalani

Allura follows Taryn into the alleyway and engages the Jedi Master in battle though her fighting style is sloppy and the strikes are clumsy, growing increasingly so as anger blinds her actions and reactions. Taryn is a whirl of material as she fluidly deflects each blow and gains the higher ground driving the dark Jedi to the other end of the alleyway. When they reach the street Taryn again flees running to the docking bays where the space is open and there will be fewer spectators.

Taryn can sense the rage and frustration of the dark Jedi, but beneath the surface is fear – she knows she cannot win, but refuses to admit defeat. Once in the shade of the docking bay she turns around and faces the Twi’lek whose face is contorted in pure hatred. Leaping into the air Allura brings down her saber in what she hopes to be a crush blow; however she is caught in mid-air by an invisible hand. Taryn’s hand is outstretch holding the full weight of the dark Jedi and with no more than a flick of her wrist sends her crashing into the nearest wall.

Allura hits the wall, but the force behind the collision is weak, merciful – an act of compassion – quickly she jumps to her feet and gathering the dark energies around her the self proclaimed Sith lets loose a Force scream, which is heard for blocks disabling and temporarily stunning many of the surrounding innocents. Taryn feels the prickly pressure of the scream, but effortlessly blocks the effects. There is nothing this opponent can throw at her and hope to succeed. Whatever training the Twi’lek received it was not complete. “You’re strong in the Force, but your training is incomplete.”

Growling at Taryn, Allura calls on the Force rattling several containers along the walls and in her fury she lifts them from the ground sending one after another at Taryn. Unfazed by the attack she slices through each container. This duel has gone no long enough. Closing the distance between them Taryn attacks Allura who blocks a slice straight at her head and then darts back out to the street. The dark Jedi knows she’s cannot win and in order to preserve her life she runs. Taryn lets her go as she searches through the Force for Vince and Cal they aren’t far and locked in battle.

Several blocks away Cal deflects the violent blows from Vince’s lightsaber. It’s not easy to admit you’re out matched, but Cal knows he cannot beat Vince. "You know you will only be abandoned too don’t you, when they no longer have a use for you, you will be discarded, just as I did, left for dead."

Cal slips from a series of blows from Vince giving them several feet of space, “What happened to you was unfortunate and unintentional…when your Master was killed in battle there was a link lost. No one knew to look for you. I can assure you that if you give Master Nalani she would never leave you behind. She is the most loyal person I know.”

“He’s right Vince…if you give me a chance I can help you. You don’t to be angry all the time… you can be happy.” Taryn says from behind Vince knowing Cal was out matched she had hurried to intervene.
 
“He’s right Vince…if you give me a chance I can help you. You don’t to be angry all the time… you can be happy.”

Vince had ignored all others, he had drawn himself into the force, he hadnt even felt this other Jedi, or ...for that fact his ...master.........having heard the voice as the jedi backed off he turned to look, his face screwed up in confusion....if the Jedi was here....... Closing his eyes inhaled and stretched out.....feeling for that familiar string within the force......at.....the ship...... his face soured...the whine of the engines, hatred, rage..........fear..........his master.... she had run,......she.....she had run....and left him to the Jedi....his entire body seized, he was alone....his master had left............

"n....n......noooooo.........noooooooo.........not again........." his voice pained, the ghosts of his past coming back once more "nooo not...not again...what...what have you done!!!! she had to have known....im...im still here...fighting...she had too...she wouldnt.............."

suddenly a dark rage curled into his stomach, his heart clentching he let go a howl of rage

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID THIS!!!!! ITS YOUR FAULT!!!!!"

his saber ignited he leapt at Teryn, his eyes wild, unfocsed, rage, pain, grief, the loss, his saber swung wildly, slicing through boxes, walls, containers, he lashed out with all his fury, a force wave of immense power errupting from his body

"YOU WILL DIE JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
 
Taryn Nalani

Taryn stands calmly her pale green eyes, translucent in the light, watch Vince as he processes what his happening. Cal is opposite of Vince looking to his former master, his friend, “Taryn be careful I feel much hate in him.”

Her gaze does not move from Vince, “And much confusion. Vince, allow me to help you.”

She doesn’t want to fight, but she knows she’ll have to Vince won’t give up his hate easily even if his master has left him behind. She senses Cal’s movements as he skirts the building wall to get closer to her, but she holds her hand up to stop him. Sensing rage continuing to build within Vince she watches as his face contorts and he bellows.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID THIS!!!!! IT’S YOUR FAULT!!!!!"


There is a power in his vocal rage which sets Taryn on guard; fingers tighten around her lightsaber and her stance shifts ready to accept his coming attack. “No, Vince. This was purely your master’s choice.”

The words fall on deaf ears as he throws a tantrum by slicing through the objects around him. There is pity within Taryn for the man standing before her was not trained or nurtured to be a man, but encouraged to remain the boy mistakenly left behind. Allowed enough training to give him the illusion of power, but still easy enough to control.

"YOU WILL DIE JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The tip of her thumb brushes over the hilt activating the blade. Raising both arms her blade clashes with his as he rushes towards her with a blind rage filled attack. Had she wanted to kill him it’d have been easy he wasn’t thinking clearly, a product of his training, he fights much like his master, but his potential in the Force is greater. Taryn makes this assessment as they dance around each other. She exerts enough energy to defend herself and she hopes the tactic of allowing him to attack will ease the initial wave of anger. A volley of blows thwarted and dodged, still the strength of his blows become more violent and Taryn attempting to block a blow to her side twists and stumbles. She has to quickly to recover in order to block an over confident slice towards her head.

“Master Nalani!”

She hears Cal call out her name his mood is worried, but she cannot allow him to distract her from the duel. “Cal, go warm up the ship. No arguments.”
She commands and then senses a victory in Vince as he thinks they’re about to leave. “Yes, Vince…we are leaving and I want you to come with us.”

She doesn’t leave room for him to respond drawing on the Force she must end this and give him the choice. The strength of her blows suddenly becomes stronger, swifter and more precise as she calculates her move to disarm him. The knowledge of her real power becomes evident by the fluid grace and ease. She doesn’t strike out of malice and never deals a killing strike. Driving him back towards the wall Taryn feels struggle within Vince and says, “I’m sorry.”

Calling on the Force she pushes Vince hard, the force of the blow is enough to knock him off his feet and slam him into the wall of the building. Taryn’s hand is outstretched and her gaze is focused on Vince the invisible hand has not lifted and pins him to the wall and his lightsaber is yanked from his hand. Shutting down the lightsaber she steps forward closing the distance between them, but remains a couple of feet away. “You have a decision to make right now. You can come with me, so I can help you or you can die.”

Igniting her lightsaber she strikes the tip against his lightsaber, slicing it in two and rendering it useless. Shifting her gaze to Vince she turns off her saber and clips it to her belt, “Please allow me to help you.”

Releasing the grip of the Force on him she stands in front of him with her hand offered to him. “Let go of your hate and rebuild your life.”
 
Back
Top