A moment for a great writer! The_shadow_rising

AnotherChance

Virgin
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Posts
1
And no the writer is not dead or something to that effect but I wanted to take a moment and try and explain why this is a great writer, knows the subject matter and basically should be read by everyone who is into cheating with a hint of cuckold-dry.

Now before I start I just want to say I didn't learn English natively so my word usage is at it's best basic so I'm afraid I won't do the story itself justice with my vocabulary.

I chose one story to focus on by The_shadow_rising - Decorating the Newlywed.

This story focusses on Shelley Winters, 27, amazing small framed body but with big D's on it. Now some people may already be put off. Perfect doesn't exist, so it spoils the fantasy. Not to me, and the reason is, this is suppose to be perfect.

This story seems to capture that perfect moment, like an old time Clock who was ticking for the one perfect moment where all the pieces are aligned, and magic happens.

You get this right away as the writer starts the story with building it up, filling in the background, its something the writer doesn't ever really stop doing by the way. Most stories clock in around 12+ pages and you can really feel the love for the material as there is no sign of someone tagging off good story markers just to get done.

Shelly is married and she's helping decorating the house with her new husband and his friend. Now the husband is unlike a lot of stories not some wimp or woos. But actually build and with a charming personality to boot. He has money, they bought the house, and she genuinely seems to be in love with the guy.

But there's this friend of the husband, and she gets along okay with him. Nothing spectacular.

All seems perfect.

Paint runs out. Perfect husband goes out to get paint. Shelly and the friend end up painting in the same room... DAMN one of the hottest fucking scenes I have ever read on Lit!

And I can't put my finger on it because as a writer myself I was blown away by the quality of these stories.

It's like the small details, she watched him watching her. Take that sentence. How delicious is that?! Isn't that exactly how a girl thinks?!

To my mind that is like oil on a flame.

In this particular story there is a scene after she has finished blowing the friend where she sits, half her top undress, a large part of big breasts noticeable uncovered on her knees in front of the friend and the boyfriend comes back...

Now they had a water/paint fight so stuff is already a little wet with a white texture.

But there she sits, cum in her mouth hair and clothes. The friend shit eating grin on his face.

And the boyfriend doesn't notice.

And the girl's inner narration keeps on going how she is unsure how to proceed but at the same time the writer keeps reminding us in the most subtle ways that she HAS'T even swallowed yet!! Her inner dialogue goes on about how her husband would be destroyed if he found out and she doesn't even swallow... she actually smiles at him through closed mouth.

And then at the end? I won't spoil it.

Or in another where the girlfriend accidental screws another friend and she only notices his much bigger dick when she turns around and is all shell shocked. And she does this cute thing where she is in shock and puts some hair behind her ears? Like omg... what did we do? Like yes... yes that is the best use of kinetic movement a person can have at that moment.

I love, love this writer. And you should too.
 
I agree with this post. But I am sadden to see that the author has taken a leave of absence. I certainly hope its not for another 6 years. It would be great to have some kind of update.
 
The Shadow Rising is one of the best authors here, i hope that he will post another great, long story as soon as possible. Last time i heard from him he was working on sequel to Sophie series.
 
Well now, this was...interesting...to read ;)

I'm pleased that you enjoyed them so much, and that you are all waiting for what's next...

...the answer to that is a whole lot more.

The final part of The Queen of Shorehaven's, Miss (soon-to-be Mrs) Sophie Harper's, adventures shall be written as shall the final 'Wishes'; either as the first stories or the second/third I shall return with.

So soon, people.....soon.
 
Agreed completely.

I only came across his works recently and I was completely hooked after Crying Wolf and the 'Wishes' stories. Cheating girlfriend stories in general are my favorite context and those were just amazing as was this one when I finally got to it.

I love the build-up, the attention to the character's moods, and the dialogue (both verbal and internal) focused on their thoughts and feelings about what's happening. It makes the fucking scenes all that much more erotic even if you didn't consider the precariously close-to-getting-caught situations they take place in. It gets you worked up in a way porn can't because the video is usually lacking that background. The future hot, dirty sex implied in the endings is great too. Gives closure yet also makes you hungry for more as you imagine the character's undoubtedly upcoming sexual adventures. And the length of the stories are unreal too, in a good way of course. It's like super-sized helpings of your favorite food. Must take a ton of time to write them. I'm definitely a fan.

Well now, this was...interesting...to read ;)

I'm pleased that you enjoyed them so much, and that you are all waiting for what's next...

...the answer to that is a whole lot more.

The final part of The Queen of Shorehaven's, Miss (soon-to-be Mrs) Sophie Harper's, adventures shall be written as shall the final 'Wishes'; either as the first stories or the second/third I shall return with.

So soon, people.....soon.

Oh god yes :heart:
 
New story is half written, hoping that it should be out soon. Update information is on my Lit profile as it goes on.

~Shadow~
 
Submitted and should be out in a day or two I'd imagine, for those who still want to know on here ;)
 
Its been far too long and I can't wait for it to be posted either. Wouldn't surprised it takes an extra day or two to post since the story is so long.
 
Last edited:
expanded review referencing the new story

See this is what I'm talking about, just look at this new story. It has everything.

WARNING: some spoilers below (hope it's not against the rules for this sub-forum)

The scenario: It "starts" around the half-way mark and then is explained retroactively to that point before going on but the basic theme is a hot college girl that, after a wild alcohol-fueled party at her friend's house the previous night, wakes up clad in just her underwear in a bed that isn't hers all snuggled up under the blanket with a guy who, guess what, isn't her boyfriend! SOLD

The build-up: Just great. It's not anything like slogging through disjointed sentences with rushed scenes, it's full of well-written, connecting lines about these people you can't wait to see flaunting their stuff and hook up. The scenario is intricately told with each stare and verbal exchange between the characters carrying a specific intent that adds onto the previous background. You can see the girlfriend get increasingly turned on over the night from the constant barrage of wanting glances and lewd statements shot at her from a specific friend of her boyfriend even as her boyfriend is right there and she's sitting in his lap. I was looking forward to each new paragraph, eager to see what would happen next and how she would respond. It was really kinky to read the naughty thoughts going through her mind as she got more relaxed and even pushed along. Overall it makes for a realistic path to them getting in bed and when they're about to fuck, you have no doubts why they're going to or why they're so turned on.

The sex: Oh yeah, having all that bottled up sexual energy from the build-up finally get released is so satisfying. Once in the bedroom, it doesn't take long for them to strip off their clothes and just ravage each others' naked bodies. You can tell it meets and exceeds their expectations from the way they're clinging to each other and the sounds they're making. And this is another thing I like, the dialogue still continues in the sex scenes through their howling and grunting. As if to constantly remind and reinforce how sexually charged they are when they talk and reference some of the teasing statements from earlier in the evening. And get this, all of that is coupled with the threat of getting caught because the unaware boyfriend is in the same house chatting away with his friends, completely oblivious to his girlfriend's location after she walks away to the kitchen for yet another drink. He even hears them later through the walls and feels happy for the couple, thinking his friend is enjoying getting laid with a random girl from the party while hearing said friend's 'date' screaming in pleasure as she's obviously having a great time. And the best part is she totally gets away with it despite all her vocal broadcasting as the boyfriend is just unable to connect all the pieces at the loud party brimming with students from the university.

The ending: Wraps it up nicely with hilarious sexual innuendos and it sets the stage for more cheating sex that you can already see happening. And you just can't overstate how hot the fact is that she's talking to everyone and casually going on with her day while she's full of another guy's cum there at the end.

The icing on the cake: The small details just like OP mentioned. It really ties everything together and lets you know the characters love it. I don't want to give a list of everything but I'll say the four that really made me grin from ear to ear was the girlfriend looking around the crowded party nervously but incredible aroused and certainly not going to stop as she was walking up the stairs to the bedrooms with her boyfriend's friend for casual yet undoubtedly hot sex (1), the girlfriend keeping on the jewelry her boyfriend had gotten her letting it remind us that she wasn't single yet she was willfully participating in the cheating (2), the girlfriend hanging her bra (<3 black lace) in a conspicuous spot in the bedroom where they're fucking so it's visible outside through the window (3), the way she affectionately asks the guy she just cheated with to zip up her revealing dress as if the sweaty and mind-blowing sex they just had is no big deal at all (4).

And again the length: 19 pages in lit's format! I don't think it's something you can finish in an hour or less and that might put some people off but it's awesome for me personally. I love long, detailed stories about women being seduced into 'wrong situations' and unable to resist the sensual cravings their own body is desperately demanding to the point that not only will they go behind their boyfriend's or husband's back to get that deep sexual satisfaction, they'll do it with them right there in the same house or building and scream on the top of their lungs about how good it is when they get nailed by the biggest cock they've ever experienced. And the_shadow_rising delivers stories with all that. What more can I say? Perhaps that I get off to the idea and the associated humiliation of being unable please my own partner and can therefore easily imagine myself in the role of the boyfriend or husband in these stories so I think they might appeal to people with a cuckold fetish.

My only regret is that I can't experience or see these scenarios happen for real. I'd sell so many of my important and valued belongings for a virtual reality machine right now :p

Good stuff, I'm always hoping for more from this author :)
 
Last edited:
Well that was an interesting and detailed review. There are plenty more stories on their way ;) Glad you all enjoyed it

Shadow
 
Do you seriously think people are fooled by this? You have these accounts with only one or two posts total and all of their posts are nothing but lavishing you with praise. Do you think there's even a single person who doesn't realize that these are your alt accounts because you want to promote your stories?
 
This again? Well I would write that honestly that is untrue, I have no alt. accounts, I didn't start this and haven't posted anything on here via an alt. account, but then no one has any reason to believe that so I won't bother trying to defend myself against that.

I guess it's just as pointless to say that I don't want to fool anyone nor promote my stories - something that (a) I have always said I don't want to do, and (b) would be ultimately counterproductive as only a select few like my topic/story length and so would ultimately lead to lower results in any votes, etc.

So if you wish to believe that the posts here are me via an alt. account, that's your choice. I only replied to this because I thought it a matter of respect for those who have posted about/for me. Those who have posted here and myself know the truth, and as it really doesn't bother me what anyone else thinks feel free to think this is me posting via alts. and be unimpressed and not fooled by what you believe I am doing - I can not, nor would I bother, say anything that would convince anyone otherwise.

For those who did/do post on this thread, you know that my answers and those replies of others are for you.

Now, back to work.
 
I have written but I haven't finished a story because of my work life the last few years. I am back working on a story I started after HP. That is half finished and I am writing the sex scenes. I won't say when it will be out because of previous delays, but I am focused on finishing it.

There is an update on my Lit profile.

But don't worry, I have a hell of a lot of ideas that I really want to write, and five stories I have in various states of completion. Once the next story is done and out the rest will follow more easily.

Best I can do
 
Thank you - try not to take too long please!!! Have you considered writing a story involving the Borgias? I think you could make a good job of this!!
 
New Strories

Shadow - don't want to push it - but its been another two months!! Are you well? Ooopps, sorry, have just read your update of May 9th which makes this an unnecessary chase!
 
Last edited:
It will be some time till the story is done, but glad you found the update. I am working on it but the sheer size of the story (currently looking at over twice the length of HP, so possibly as much as 38-40+ Lit pages), how much I have not been happy with and so changing, the addition of new ideas and trying to see what is repetition and not, and so on, means it will take some time.

It has been four years but for most of that time I have been away from writing due to life, and so I have had to read the story and all the notes I have for it. As well as starting other stories when I thought they would be quicker (but I always came back to this as something I want done).

I absolutely understand and feel all of your frustration and desire for the new story. Given everything I am doing all I can. Updates will be where you found that one mostly from now on. Easier that way. I want this story to be something I am happy with, and given that I am trying something new with it I already know there will be some heat once it is out (there always is when exploring new things), so I want to make sure that it is at least something I am happy with.

The level of detail I am putting into it should make the sex scenes as intricate as the build up. Well, that is the plan anyway. Much of it I am happy with, but let's just say that huge chunks I have had to thoroughly check and consider whether they are too long, detailed, and repetitive. Then re-write them and make sure everything fits continuity wise and with things characters say before and after. To give one vague example, just one - let's say position - in the very first sex scene was 50 pages in Word, which is about 8 pages in Lit. So I have to check if that is what I want and remove bits, re-write others, fix continuity, and so on.

Add to all that how the sex scenes - if done right - always take the longest due to being hot, and I am sure you get the picture.

The important thing is that I release the story when it is what I consider good (whether anyone else thinks that or not). Do not want it released half-assed. After this I am aiming to write shorter (well, normal sized for me) stories again.
 
Last edited:
Shadow Rising

Thank you - its good of you to keep us so up to date! Also, I agree with a previous poster about 'Yourawful' - great writing.
 
Any news on the new much-heralded story Shadow?


I am waiting too. Shadow is among the best authors here. Some stories have the same pattern but the details are what make the stories great. This and the long build up with increasingly horny gf.

I love the fake date story where the fiancé pretends to be the fiancé of her guys best friend. The scene in the apartment of the lover which leads to the sex after their guests are gone is great.


The sex scenes are more or less the same in most of his stories . What makes them illicit and turns me on are the details, dialogues and the situations which lead to the sex. Like in the story with the bf who Cheats in a poker game. She sits on the lap of the future lover and slowly he takes more freedom with her body. And as they are alone after the poker game, they play a hot and naughty truth or dare game which leads to her straddling him and making out with him. It's just amazingly hot written.

I hope to see more from shadow soon.
 
Last edited:
So great that ihere's a topic here dedicated to The_shadow_rising, because I read some of his stories lately and wanted to share some thoughts. I'm unsure if anyone still reads it (the topic I mean), especially the author, but it won't stop me :D

First of all, I have to say that I love how much over-the-top those stories are. The girlfriends are always the prettiest women in the world, everyone except boyfirends have around 10 inches long dicks, and said boyfriends are completely clueless. The sex is always long, extremely loud and so hard, that I'm completely surprised (and disapointed) that no bed has been ever broken. And I say it as a man who despises cheaters and incestors, but in sexfiction everything goes (almost ;)).

There is one major flaw for me though: lack of follow-up. I mean, during many stories the girlfriend says (or rather yells) that since that day the lover would fuck her over and over again, every day and practically in front of her boyfriend. Yet, we never see it. How cool it would be to have an extra page or two when we read how the two were fucking more and more as promised; it doesn't need to be very detailed, I'd perfectyl happy with 'sex montage' style (like What Happens Next). Another flaw is that the girlfriend's butt never got attention it deserves - I'm not talking anal (no fan of it), but some gropes, licks etc.; not like there is none of it, but the butt should be as much focused on as the tits.

Two stories which are the most interesting to me are Valestock and The Perils of Rock n Roll Decadence.

Valestock is probably one of the best of Shadow. It's even more illicit than others, with the girlfriend cheating with four different people (incl the boyfriend's and her own brothers), and many of those happen in public areas (foursome during the concert, or fuck against the van - which is funny, as no one felt the need to tell the boyfriend even if there was a party around the MC's tent every night). The banters between the cheaters are great too.

The Perils of Rock n Roll Decadence is harder to evaluate clearly. It has lots, lots of good stuff: the seduction (or rather, the seductions, pre and post the main act); first times when the girlfriend has the lover's dick completely in her mouth and pussy (in the latter case she immadiately cums!); wonderfull, over-the-top dirty talk (with more than usual of "I love my boyfried so much" when being full of another's dick); and page 79 is one of my favorite piece of smut ever. But, man, it's so, so, so long and repetetive! I know it's the design, but if I have to read 20-30 practicaly the same pages for an orgasm I may not have a time foir it.

Anyway, Shadow is a great author, who stays faithful to himself, and I think it shows how much he loves his own works - and this is the most important.
 
New story from Shadow is up, "The Wedding Guest", and of course I have to write a review.

First four paragraphs are hilarious, I laughed at loud. Perfect description of Shorehaven, the City of Taboo Dreams. I wonder why anyone having a girlfriend/fiancee/wife stays in the city :D

Next is the bet... To be honest I don't get a logic behind the boyfriend's decision - it's weird like hell! I mean, Shadow's boyfriends are always clueless, but this one is plain stupid. The first boyfriend I didn't feel sorry for when his girlfriend was fucked.

Next several pages weren't my taste either - to be honest, they made me uncomfortable. The lovers were often mean in Shadow's stories... but this one is just evil. He deserves a punch in the face and being convicted as a stalker.

But then comes the blowjob... and this scene is simply amazing. One of the best blowjobs I've ever read. Great work! The vaginal is very solid, if you like Shadow's style, you will be pleased. I mostly enjoyed the mentions of the neighbours hitting the walls for the couple to be quieter, and the fact that the girlfriend still hates the guy he cheats with works really well too.

Next comes the sex montage... fun as always, but I expected it to be longer. Especially after the hotel room was described as having many places to have sex in and I thought it would be so. Still enjoyable though.

What happens when the cheaters return is fun too. Really would like part 2 with description how their day with the boyfriend Near went. I kind of hoped for it on the last page, but it has only "The End" on it - funny thing with pagination.

To summarize, I think the story is pretty solid, with blowjob being the best part and the friend's behavior being the worst.
 
Back
Top