CSI Leicester. Fuck Kennedy and a grassy knoll! this real history.

D'ya know? The first strike of the digger hit right over his body, they found him and then covered him up again. They then carried on digging outwards from the body to find the walls of the Grey Friars monastery, for evidence!

Another thing...this is in Leicester city centre a built up area. To cut a long story, where he was buried somehow managed to kept as a garden to buildings surrounding it and then tarmaced over to make a car park.

He was a very short distance away from never being found.

Last edited:
I am but one of millions of his descendents. Remember, he was the mean English king at the time of Scotland's William Wallace. What an inglorious end for the poor cruel bastard. There'll soon be a ceremony to inter him at Leister Cathedral.

I am but one of millions of his descendents. Remember, he was the mean English king at the time of Scotland's William Wallace. What an inglorious end for the poor cruel bastard. There'll soon be a ceremony to inter him at Leister Cathedral.

Fuck me! William Wallace died 1305. Richard of Gloucester died 1485 age 32.

I'll bet Longshanks would be surprised.

D'ya know? The first strike of the digger hit right over his body, they found him and then covered him up again. They then carried on digging outwards from the body to find the walls of the Grey Friars monastery, for evidence!

Another thing...this is in Leicester city centre a built up area. To cut a long story, where he was buried somehow managed to kept as a garden to buildings surrounding it and then tarmaced over to make a car park.

He was a very short distance away from never being found.

His feet were lost when they built a brick toilet in the 19th Century. A slightly different position for the toilet and he would have been lost forever.

Fuck me! William Wallace died 1305. Richard of Gloucester died 1485 age 32.

I'll bet Longshanks would be surprised.

Edward III was born ~ 7 years after the death of Wallace. Perhaps the descendant above was speaking of reincarnation.

Why is he being rebut ride in the CofE Leicester Cathedral when he was most assuredly RC? Having died two generations before the schism, he had no connection to the currently established church, he should be burried according to the rites of his faith.

[Really this is just to set Hobbit off on an anti-papist rant.]

Why is he being rebut ride in the CofE Leicester Cathedral when he was most assuredly RC? Having died two generations before the schism, he had no connection to the currently established church, he should be burried according to the rites of his faith.

[Really this is just to set Hobbit off on an anti-papist rant.]

You should see the hoops they are going through over this. It was suggested that he should be buried in the Catholic rites but in the CoE cathedral by an Anglican priest.

You should see the hoops they are going through over this. It was suggested that he should be buried in the Catholic rites but in the CoE cathedral by an Anglican priest.

He was buried very effectively according to the Church ritual of his time, in an honoured place.

His reburial? It doesn't matter what rites are used as long as the event is appropriately respectful.

He was buried very effectively according to the Church ritual of his time, in an honoured place.

His reburial? It doesn't matter what rites are used as long as the event is appropriately respectful.

For him, I believe it would matter. As a rabid right wing Unionist Protestant Ulsterman I think he should be re-interred in the rites of the faith he embraced. We, today don't really appreciate the part their Church played in the lives of the people of the medieval ages.

For him, I believe it would matter. As a rabid right wing Unionist Protestant Ulsterman I think he should be re-interred in the rites of the faith he embraced. We, today don't really appreciate the part their Church played in the lives of the people of the medieval ages.

It would be nice to see an "authentic" burial which could probably be done without undue extra cost. It would educational as well as I for one would have almost no idea what would be involved.

Actually I think the grave site is likely to become a tourist attraction so some significant effort may be put into the funeral ceremony.

But none too ceremoniously.

His body was found in the choir of the church. Whatever the treatment of the body before burial, the grave was in an honoured place.

Also in the link it says that Henry VII paid for a monument over the grave. Whether that was to make people sure that Richard was really dead and gone, or a tribute to the loser? Who knows? What is known is that Henry VIII and his agents destroyed it. :(

The Catholic Church in England, at Leicester, York, or Westminster, or all three could hold a mass in memory of Richard III. Most monarchs and noblemen of his time had chantry priests whose task it was to hold frequent masses for the souls of departed members of the family.

His body was found in the choir of the church. Whatever the treatment of the body before burial, the grave was in an honoured place.

Also in the link it says that Henry VII paid for a monument over the grave. Whether that was to make people sure that Richard was really dead and gone, or a tribute to the loser? Who knows? What is known is that Henry VIII and his agents destroyed it. :(

The Catholic Church in England, at Leicester, York, or Westminster, or all three could hold a mass in memory of Richard III. Most monarchs and noblemen of his time had chantry priests whose task it was to hold frequent masses for the souls of departed members of the family.

I think perhaps Henry VII may have also been buying his entry to heaven by marking Richard's grave. Atoning for sins played a big part in peoples lives. Paying the Church for the chantry priests you mention was a part of the same belief.

I think perhaps Henry VII may have also been buying his entry to heaven by marking Richard's grave. Atoning for sins played a big part in peoples lives. Paying the Church for the chantry priests you mention was a part of the same belief.

so building a pay and display over a sworn enemies head is a rightious act? fucking awesome :D

so building a pay and display over a sworn enemies head is a rightious act? fucking awesome :D

No. That wasn't Henry VII. That was Henry VIII.

As Head of the Church of England whatever he said was right, was right.

(Or the Headsman's axe was waiting) :D

No. That wasn't Henry VII. That was Henry VIII.

As Head of the Church of England whatever he said was right, was right.

(Or the Headsman's axe was waiting) :D

Just to clarify any confussion here comrade, is you dissin henry viii ?

Just to clarify any confussion here comrade, is you dissin henry viii ?

Last time I played Henry VIII in public, there was a junior school class attending the event. As I passed I was booed for being "a very bad man".

I think they were right.

Last time I played Henry VIII in public, there was a junior school class attending the event. As I passed I was booed for being "a very bad man".

I think they were right.

not really. you let them live. weak fucker that you are. :eek:

not really. you let them live. weak fucker that you are. :eek:

Unfortunately the headsman following behind me only had a plastic axe. I could have done the job myself, having qualified as a First Class Axeman in the Scouts, but Kings don't perform their own executions.

PS. In my day Boy Scouts carried lethal knives, used felling axes, cut down trees, trapped animals for cooking over an open fire...

O Tempora, O Mores!

Unfortunately the headsman following behind me only had a plastic axe. I could have done the job myself, having qualified as a First Class Axeman in the Scouts, but Kings don't perform their own executions.

PS. In my day Boy Scouts carried lethal knives, used felling axes, cut down trees, trapped animals for cooking over an open fire...

O Tempora, O Mores!

excuses excuses...

since Richard turned up last week his horse has been appearing all over the place aswell.

O Tempora, O Mores!

So that's where Richard III went wrong. Trying to execute Henry's army for treason.

So that's where Richard III went wrong. Trying to execute Henry's army for treason.

Where he went wrong was trying to kill Henry by himself. He should have acted like a general and sent others to do it.

He took a calculated gamble to settle the dispute by removing Henry. If he had succeeded the defection of part of his forces would have been irrelevant. Richard would have been the only King or contender for the crown.

But he lost a battle that started with all the odds in his favour. He had superior numbers, a better position on the battlefield and his opponent had tired troops.

Back