The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

A good friend of my wife has a young child who just finished his leukemia treatments (for the second time) after being cancer free for several years.

so yea, FUCK YOU cancer.....

::Hugs Cookie::

Last edited:
A good friend of my wife has a young child who just finished his leukemia treatments (for the second time) after being cancer free for several years.

::Hugs Cookie::

Oh, Christ.

Hell yes FYC.

And a massive neon FYALS, too.

Denny & Dollie

Mr. cookie and I were together five short years.

After almost 4 long years, my amazing, strong, kind, super smart husband died peacefully from ALS.

My heart is shattered. My brain tells me (and my heart knows) wherever he is, he is free from this wretched, wicked disease.

Fuck you, fuck you fuck you fuck you ALS
:rose:At times like these we are both lost for words. We've written so little to you but we feel your pain a lot. One of us comes to this thread now and then. Each time we leave with a heavy heart. No matter if it's a 33 year old, a three year old, or a 100 year old, it's difficult to watch them suffer. Be strong cookiecat. :rose::heart:

Cookie.
There's never enough time, and seeing it coming doesn't make it any easier. The only small comfort is that you got to be there. Now, you put your head down and get through it, for him and for you. When all is settled, you, Far, me, and whoever else wants to, are going to get a burger from Mickey's. In the meantime, here if you need anything.

Fuck ALS.
Wish we could go to Mickeys with you and shed a few tears.

Dearest Cookie...
Words fail me. Words are not enough.
Fuck ALS

May your heart find ease as you grieve. Your love for Mr Cookie has carried you through such a journey. A love few can imagine and is rare to experience.

((((((Cookie))))))
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Let me know if if can do anything at all for you.
We copy the words of others because we can't find the proper words to say.:heart::heart:

Why have I, an old old man beat cancer while others die? Fuck cancer!

:rose:At times like these we are both lost for words. We've written so little to you but we feel your pain a lot. One of us comes to this thread now and then. Each time we leave with a heavy heart. No matter if it's a 33 year old, a three year old, or a 100 year old, it's difficult to watch them suffer. Be strong cookiecat. :rose::heart:

Wish we could go to Mickeys with you and shed a few tears.

We copy the words of others because we can't find the proper words to say.:heart::heart:

Why have I, an old old man beat cancer while others die? Fuck cancer!

Denny. Don't do that to yourself. Live as best you can and no guilt. :heart:

I don't look in this thread often. I don't know why I took a look today.

:rose: because I don't have anything helpful to say.

I am sorry I didn't see this sooner. My heart breaks for you Cookie but yet I am relieved because Mr. Cookie is no longer locked in an uncompromising body.

Hugs :rose:

Fuck ALS & cancer!

After almost 4 long years, my amazing, strong, kind, super smart husband died peacefully from ALS.

My heart is shattered. My brain tells me (and my heart knows) wherever he is, he is free from this wretched, wicked disease.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry I don't have better words - I know they don't help, but maybe the knowledge that others are thinking of you and your husband does.

Awww Cookiecat I am so very sorry for your loss but hoping Mr. Cookie can finally use his body again pain free and in peace wherever he is.

My heart breaks for you because we know it has been such a long, soul-wrenching fight and even though the end was a foregone conclusion it still leaves you in pieces. Please know I am praying for you sweetheart!

That just sucks! Hate when kid's hurt and chemo is brutal so doing it twice is the worst. Praying this time the leukemia stays gone.

FYC!

Lots of love :heart:

It's like trying to wake up and brush your teeth like it's a normal thing to do. Like nothing has changed from the thousands of times that you have brushed your teeth through life. But then about 7.23 seconds in, you remember. You remember and and the pain floods in and you just start to ache in the offense of how the sun came up again today, on time with its perfect arch from the horizon line and clearly full of red hot apathy for what yesterday took and all the broken hearts left behind trying to beat.

I'm so sorry to learn this. :heart:

I tried quoting everyone to give individual replies but my reply mojo ran out of steam.

Sooo - whether you're unsure what to say, whether it's a virtual hug,an emoji rose or heart, even if we don't know each other that well - or we do - I'll take what I can get. I've learned all support feels pretty darn good.

It's been 3 weeks today mr. cookie died. I feel gutted. Scared. Hollow. Fuck ALS! Every time, though, I think I can't get out of bed, I remember he's free from this incredibly wicked disease. I out of get out of bed because of mr. cookie. i get out of bed because of the other stories I read here and know life moves on. It feels oddly good to share these stories - the sense of not being alone - is healing.

My sadness is consuming. My heart feeIs like it is melting. I really really miss him. Time to get out of bed.

Fuck ALS. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Sooo - whether you're unsure what to say, whether it's a virtual hug,an emoji rose or heart, even if we don't know each other that well - or we do - I'll take what I can get. I've learned all support feels pretty darn good.

My sadness is consuming. My heart feels like it is melting. I really really miss him. Time to get out of bed.

(((((Cookie)))))
Fuck ALS
:heart::heart::heart:

Lots of hugs to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry to hear that, cookiecat. No words can help, but sending you a big virtual hug and a rose from across the pond ...

🌹

I tried quoting everyone to give individual replies but my reply mojo ran out of steam.

It's been 3 weeks today mr. cookie died. I feel gutted. Scared. Hollow. Fuck ALS! Every time, though, I think I can't get out of bed, I remember he's free from this incredibly wicked disease. I out of get out of bed because of mr. cookie. i get out of bed because of the other stories I read here and know life moves on. It feels oddly good to share these stories - the sense of not being alone - is healing.

My sadness is consuming. My heart feeIs like it is melting. I really really miss him. Time to get out of bed.

*Huge hug* Our pain from loss shows how very important our loved ones were to us! Relish that love while you grieve! Some day soon, the pain will be just a little bit less and then gradually it will be more bearable. So sorry for your loss and FUCK, FUCK, FUCK ALS!!! https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKa4djA6XaSERDaNH5yiFqqHDDzJCkZF3w9cYhjV19YOWPL1rtkw

Back