"One Night in XXX” Story Event: Official Support Thread

And Laurel will be putting up the official event page next week so everyone here now has a head start. But if you know any other writers who don’t hang out here but who might be interested could you let them know?
 
The tag are those 10 seo tags you get to fill out when you submit to help with reader searches.

One of those ten tags should be “One Night in XXX”

Your title should be in the “One Night in wherever” format but the other description can be whatever you like

Right, SEO = search engine optimization. I remember that from an HTML course I took.

Thank you!
 
I can't commit. But if my mind-numbing medication wears off, I might try a slew of such tales. If my virtual muse doesn't kick in, I could lazily cannibalize a bunch of Betwixt Dusk And Dawn episodes, tarted-up for the event. Or I could try for originality. Damn.

Wait, must the setting be on Earth? ONE NIGHT IN LUNA CITY could last 14 days. Or a polar winter, with no sunrise for a month or so. ONE NIGHT IN SPITZBERGEN, oh yeah! But an orbital station might see a very brief 'night'. ONE NIGHT IN I.S.S. would require fast action in its forty minutes. And in zero-G, too. Fun fun fun.
 
Mine's done.

Whoooaaaa, great! :D

I better kick my own ass now and get mine finished. At this rate we'll have half the stories done by the time the formal announcement page is added to the site :D

I can't commit. But if my mind-numbing medication wears off, I might try a slew of such tales. If my virtual muse doesn't kick in, I could lazily cannibalize a bunch of Betwixt Dusk And Dawn episodes, tarted-up for the event. Or I could try for originality. Damn.

:rose: I hope you can :rose:

I'm also 90% done. Why is it always the last 10% that kills me?

Because you know what's going to happen in that 10% and your head is already into the next story! No excuses!!!!! Write!!!! I want it finished (crack of whip in backround. muted scream....) Or Else! :D
 
Last edited:
Mine's done.

Congrats!

I wonder what readers unaware of this event will think upon seeing the category hubs flooded with consistently-titled "One Night in XXX" stories. When all is said and done, there ought to be a shareable Google Map with all our locations pinned (including Xanadu, etc.!) as a link to each story. :D
 
This is a group exercise. No contest or awards are involved. It's not a competition. And as far as I can see, you're not a Literotica author, so one wonders why you're sticking your nose in it at all.

Actually, she is.
 
Actually, she is.

That's not too helpful. Cite jaFO's story list, please. And no garbage about writing in another name. If you want credit for writing in another name when you post to the discussion board, post your board comment in that name--or identify a linked account. The bottom line is that the cited post here was both wrong and unnecessary--and not traceable, as far as I could see, to someone who actually had an oar in the water on writing exercises at Literotica, either as an author or a reader.
 
Oh come on! No one picked the obvious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnqj31VPNoE

I've got probably a hundred or more stories on night play in Bangkok posted to Literotica under the sr71plt account. Some of my most interesting nights were spent in Bangkok. Even have a marketplace e-book by habu in the works that celebrates that:
Extreme Gay Thailand, 1978: Rough and Ready Times. :)

So, I went for someplace I have written (much) about yet.
 
Last edited:
One Night in Dubai is begun with just under 1k words. I have the setting, the male lead, and a couple of supporting characters introduced. Still need to get my female lead into the mix, but that should be soon.

It's supposed to be an erotic spy-thriller. We'll see if that's what it ends up being.
 
And Laurel will be putting up the official event page next week so everyone here now has a head start. But if you know any other writers who don’t hang out here but who might be interested could you let them know?

Chloe, are you still keeping the "official list" of cities claimed here on this thread? I'm assuming it's still just one author per city? If that's true, I'm in for Baton Rouge - (don't see it on the list yet).
 
That's not too helpful. Cite jaFO's story list, please. And no garbage about writing in another name. If you want credit for writing in another name when you post to the discussion board, post your board comment in that name--or identify a linked account. The bottom line is that the cited post here was both wrong and unnecessary--and not traceable, as far as I could see, to someone who actually had an oar in the water on writing exercises at Literotica, either as an author or a reader.

Sure...

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=1162458&page=submissions

Problem is, that right now, it's taking forever to get there.
 
I'll have to check that out and why nothing came up in my search for it. Can't do that now as the story side is crashing on and off today.

When I checked she/he had 15 stories up.

Just clicked that link, it came up.

Just in case it down again when you check....

A Holiday Tail (3.47) X-Mas Party. Loving Wives 12/27/11
Another Point of View (3.49) A wife explores new territories. Loving Wives 06/03/18
Bitch Goes Pro (3.31) Wife explains her career choice in an explicit manner. Loving Wives 09/09/15
Black Patent (3.92) A couple experiments with old and new ideas and kinks. Exhibitionist & Voyeur 06/04/18
Bridal Suite (3.60) A newly married couple's first night together, but not alone. Loving Wives 09/11/15
DomWife and Her Subjects (4.04) Couples get into role playing. Loving Wives 09/12/15
Dreams: 2 Part Series
Dreams: Career Advancement (4.07) Woman considers a promotion with special benefits. Erotic Couplings 01/03/10
Dreams: The Anniversary (4.02) A newlywed couple shares anniversary with bridal party. Loving Wives 01/03/10
Mother Knows Best (4.31) She learns about dating from her Mother. Exhibitionist & Voyeur 09/13/15
Now or Never (4.05) Wife calls husband's bluff over his fantasy. Exhibitionist & Voyeur 06/02/18
Presentations (3.96) The family that plays together and shares showing off. Exhibitionist & Voyeur 09/15/15
The Burnt Bitch (3.07) He wins. Loving Wives 09/01/18
The Fucking of Amy Pt. 01 (4.01) A coming of age story in an unusual community. First Time 09/19/15
The Talk (3.03) Husband and wife talk after she returns home late. Loving Wives 09/16/15
The Wedding (3.57) Couple decides to renew their vows... with a twist. Loving Wives 06/05/18
 
Last edited:
Sure...

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=1162458&page=submissions

Problem is, that right now, it's taking forever to get there.

Found it (eventually), using your URL, thanks. But it still doesn't come up in my view in a Member List search (https://search.literotica.com/?type=member&query=jaFO). What did you use to bring it up?

OK, so she occasionally posts a story here. She still was criticizing an exercise that clearly stated in the OP it wasn't what she was criticizing it for.
 
Found it (eventually), using your URL, thanks. But it still doesn't come up in my view in a Member List search (https://search.literotica.com/?type=member&query=jaFO). What did you use to bring it up?

OK, so she occasionally posts a story here. She still was criticizing an exercise that clearly stated in the OP it wasn't what she was criticizing it for.

The member list has never worked right and I found her with a members search with JaF0. The last character is a zero(0)
 
....OK, so she occasionally posts a story here. She still was criticizing an exercise that clearly stated in the OP it wasn't what she was criticizing it for.

Not to worry, I think you cleared that one up and thanks :D

I'm not sure I could have stated the obvious more obviously in the OP, but hey, sometimes people see what they want to see.
 
The constant parade of these reminds me of the Grammys, Tonys, Emmys, Oscars, Saggys, Critic's Choice, Kid's Choice, Globes, Saturns and literally dozens of others. Too many damn contests and awards.

If you 'win' one of these, what can you do with it? Buy a cup of coffee?

Why do people always feel the need to be in competition with others?

Hi - jaF0, I enjoy participating in them for a couple of reasons; One is the simple fact that someone else has thought of what to write. While plots are not all that hard to conjure up, they do often seem to feel like just another twist on the same ole thing. Another reason I like them is to be able to compare my efforts on the same theme with other authors who I feel are more talented/experienced than I am...thus it can be a great learning tool.

As to the competition part; Gosh, that starts in early childhood...and grows through the years in more ways than can be counted. Dance competitions, singing, sports, you name it and there's probably a competition for it. I'd say it's pretty much hard wired into humans. And as was mentioned, this one is not technically a competition...but at the end the "not-winners" will be congratulated for the most well received stories...then we can all go read them and see what we can steal ;)

I'd encourage you to give it a go...who knows, you may like it.
 
I have a question: Does anyone know the address or general location of Independence Hall at the Lakeshore Auditorium in Baton Rouge LA? I've searched online for it but it doesn't come up. It's part of the setting for the story I'm doing for this event. I'm thinking it may have been torn down (the event was the first show of Jimi Hendrix's second tour on July 30, 1968.) It's not critical, I can make it up, but would rather not. Thanks and a free pass to read my story for all who answer correctly. (not sure how I'd know if it was correct though :rolleyes:)

PS: The first passionate kiss has been written and the relationship looks promising ~ :heart:
 
I know nothing about Red Stick (Baton Rouge) LA, sorry.

My slowly re-awakening literary sense is thinking of ONE NIGHT IN XXX as an envelope for a metro place with neighborhoods and boroughs, with multiple distinct chapters for them. So ONE NIGHT IN NEW YORK CITY could have separate chapters for Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island -- and maybe Liberty Island, Riker's Island, Fire Island, etc. The same is possible with the mining town of Bisbee, AZ or Los Angeles.

The above paragraph means I've started nothing yet. Inspiration awaits somewhere.
 
I have a question: Does anyone know the address or general location of Independence Hall at the Lakeshore Auditorium in Baton Rouge LA? I've searched online for it but it doesn't come up. It's part of the setting for the story I'm doing for this event. I'm thinking it may have been torn down (the event was the first show of Jimi Hendrix's second tour on July 30, 1968.) It's not critical, I can make it up, but would rather not. Thanks and a free pass to read my story for all who answer correctly. (not sure how I'd know if it was correct though :rolleyes:)

PS: The first passionate kiss has been written and the relationship looks promising ~ :heart:

All I found was this...

For you youngsters out there, Independence Hall was a huge auditorium near the Mississippi River between downtown Baton Rouge and the State Capitol. It is no more.

Independence Hall North of Capital
I don't remember when it was torn down. But it was next to the "White House Inn"( I think that was the name) across the street from the Capital Building.

That was about it...
 
I’ve come up with an idea and have sketched out a rough outline. I will get to work on it as soon as I finish the chapter I am working on now.
 
30k words and A Night in the Big Easy is in the can and on a shelf for a week or so to ferment. I'm always excited to reread and edit something I've written after I put it away for a spell.

My litmus test is, does it turn me on when I go back to it, so we'll have to wait and see what it looks like the first week of March.

Now, it's back to work on that pesky April Fools story. I wish I felt more comfortable with my story not taking place in April. :(

Cheers everyone...
 
Back
Top