"One Night in XXX” Story Event: Official Support Thread

ChloeTzang

Literotica Guru
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Posts
7,805
I'm posting this thread to officially kick off the "One Night in XXX” Story Event. Laurel will be creating the Event Page shortly - and submissions can be sent in between April 14th and April 21st, with a Tuesday April 23rd Go Live Date. That's NINE WHOLE WEEKS AWAY. Plenty of time!

This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the 2019 "One Day in XXX" Story Event. If you have questions, post them here and someone will answer. It might be me, it might be someone else here but don't be shy. Ask.

If you're a first time writer, or this is the first time you're putting a story in to an "Event" on Literotica, hey, don't get stressed about it. You don't have to have written anything before to write for this event. This isn’t a “by invitation only” event. This is not a competition. There's no scores, no prizes.

Just writing for fun with a bunch of other writers doing the same thing. If you're not sure about what to do, how to submit your story, anything at all in fact, just ask here. We've all been there and we're a bunch of very helpful people and we like to pass it on.

So, without further ado, are you interested in writing a story for the “One Night in XXX” Literotica Story Event? Get started! First time writers and veteran Literoticans alike are all invited and encouraged to participate. Post the name of your story here so we can all see it and I'll keep a running list going in this thread.

The Rules are actually really simple
1. The story title has to be “One Night in XXX” where XXX is a city or town.
2. The city or town can be real or fictional, but if it’s fictional it has to be in an existing published book or movie.
3. The whole story, start to finish, has to take place over one night (if you want to clarify that, just ask right here in this thread).
4. Any subject, any category, any length you like.
5. Author must copy and paste the phrase "One Night in XXX Story Event" in the "Notes" field of the submission. We recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos.
6. Please us “One Night in XXX” as a story tag.
7. All entries to be submitted by 11:59pm, Sunday April 21st - with a Go Live Date of Tuesday April 23rd. You can submit any time between April 14th and April 21st. All stories will be posted on Tuesday April 23rd.

That’s it.

So what are you waiting for?! Get started!

For a taste of what’s gonna be available, the following writers have already agreed to write a story for this:

"One Night in Roanapur" by LaRascasse
"One Night in Xanadu" by Chloe Tzang
"One Night in (redacted)" by Zeb Carter
"One Night in New Orleans" by JanusGoneAwry
"One Night in Roswell" by TxRad
"One Night in Mordor" by SimonDoom
"One Night in Gotham" by Bramblethorn
"One Night in Dubai" by LoquiSordidaAdMe
"One Night in Degosay" by RubenR (a bedbug nnfested, flea and rat ridden dive...)
"One Night in Dzamin Ude (subtitled, "One Night on a Slow Moving Train") by ElectricBlue66
"One Night in Paris" by YDB95
"One Night on Arrakis" by Voboy (Authorized exception to "in")
"One Night in Taipei" by rebel_code
"One Night in the Bronx" by gunhilltrain
"One Night in Singapore" by JugheadJane
"One Night in Houston" (or something like that) by RetroFan
"One Night in Prague" by AmoryParks
"One Night In Poughkeepsie" by SolarRay
"One Night in Los Diablos" by UnityMitford
“One Night in Gormaz” by NotWise
“One Night in Shelbyville, Indiana” by JBEdwards
“One Night in Faro” by gordo12
"One Night In Detroit" by MelissaBaby
 
Last edited:
I'm in. "One Night in Detroit."

Or, more properly, "One Motherfuckin' Night in the 313, Bitches."
 
I've just started, and I'm already questioning my choices - tell me again why I decided to pick a setting that I mostly know from a few films when there are serious grognards out there who own hundreds of comics I haven't read? Can only hope they don't rip the setting details to shreds.
 
I've just started, and I'm already questioning my choices - tell me again why I decided to pick a setting that I mostly know from a few films when there are serious grognards out there who own hundreds of comics I haven't read? Can only hope they don't rip the setting details to shreds.

I have the opposite problem. Gormaz is a tourist site, but I doubt we have many readers here who have visited the castle and fewer who would dissect the setting. The problem is that the location isn't going to bring in many readers. I'll need a good short description.
 
Mine is finished, I think. Now if Chloe will send it back to me. :eek:
 
Mine is finished, I think. Now if Chloe will send it back to me. :eek:

Tomorrow afternoon, Tex. I promise!

Almost done "One Night in Xanadu." Only the obligatory defloration scene, the fight and the assassination attempt to write now.....
 
90% done here and heading into the push to Fat Tuesday the timing couldn’t be much better although you might not want these beads around your neck...:eek:
 
Ah, it looks like it has to start after dark and finish before light the next day rather than just be within a day, ending before light the next day. If that's the case, erase the "One Night in San Francisco" entry.
 
Dayum, kids! Y’all are fast!

Minor point, Chloe, but mine should either be One Night ON Arrakis, or One Night IN Arrakeen. I’d prefer the first one, though it’s not quite in your theme.
 
Ah, it looks like it has to start after dark and finish before light the next day rather than just be within a day, ending before light the next day. If that's the case, erase the "One Night in San Francisco" entry.

I think you could start during the day before and go thru to first light.... as long as most of the story is in darkness. My one kicks off later afternoon...

Minor point, Chloe, but mine should either be One Night ON Arrakis, or One Night IN Arrakeen. I’d prefer the first one, though it’s not quite in your theme.

Ohhhhhh. You're right. I'll change it to Arrakeen.

Edit. Sorry, saw your preference. Minor deviations from the script permitted :D
 
Last edited:
I think you could start during the day before and go thru to first light.... as long as most of the story is in darkness. My one kicks off later afternoon...

Mine starts as sunset approaches, and ends as dawn's light shows the result.
 
So the title and the "short description" have to be identical? Maybe I misinterpreted what "story tag" is.
 
So the title and the "short description" have to be identical? Maybe I misinterpreted what "story tag" is.

The tag are those 10 seo tags you get to fill out when you submit to help with reader searches.

One of those ten tags should be “One Night in XXX”

Your title should be in the “One Night in wherever” format but the other description can be whatever you like
 
Last edited:
Okay, I'll give it a try (you did say we could back out if it all turns into a pile of "nasty smelling stuff"...Right?

Anyway; Put me down for 'One Night In Baton Rouge'.
 
I would so much rather write "One Night In The Backseat" :D :nana:

You did mention the Australian thing, but it seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle?
 
The constant parade of these reminds me of the Grammys, Tonys, Emmys, Oscars, Saggys, Critic's Choice, Kid's Choice, Globes, Saturns and literally dozens of others. Too many damn contests and awards.

If you 'win' one of these, what can you do with it? Buy a cup of coffee?

Why do people always feel the need to be in competition with others?
 
The constant parade of these reminds me of the Grammys, Tonys, Emmys, Oscars, Saggys, Critic's Choice, Kid's Choice, Globes, Saturns and literally dozens of others. Too many damn contests and awards.

If you 'win' one of these, what can you do with it? Buy a cup of coffee?

Why do people always feel the need to be in competition with others?

This is a group exercise. No contest or awards are involved. It's not a competition. And as far as I can see, you're not a Literotica author, so one wonders why you're sticking your nose in it at all.
 
90% done here and heading into the push to Fat Tuesday the timing couldn’t be much better although you might not want these beads around your neck...:eek:

I'm also 90% done. Why is it always the last 10% that kills me?

Also, I realize that I am in the absolute minority of folks who wrote "In" in my proposed title rather than "in" so when I get my submission in I will use "in" in its place so that I'm in with the in crowd.
 
I would so much rather write "One Night In The Backseat" :D :nana:

You did mention the Australian thing, but it seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle?

Write the backseat thing into the second story title field, the short description one.
 
Back
Top