All right, how to begin...

And no, I don't have ObamaCare.

Of course, you don't have ObamaCare. You said in your first post you have Medicare. Nobody on Medicare would have ObamaCare. They are entirely different programs for entirely different groups.

I'm also on Medicare. I have an HMO paid for by Medicare, but administered privately. It even includes membership in a health club.

Every American of any age should have Medicare from birth. Everyone should have the benefits you and I have.

Best wishes for a full recovery, Zeb.

rj

Not that the assault on Obama care by the congressional Republicans hasn't included an assault on Medicare. :rolleyes:

Gosh. On a bad day we grumble about the NHS. But when you really need it, it generally works. Well. that's my experience anyway. Just don't expect it to sort out your stubbed toe. Or your broken rib. Time will sort them anyway.

Of course, you don't have ObamaCare. You said in your first post you have Medicare. Nobody on Medicare would have ObamaCare. They are entirely different programs for entirely different groups.

I'm also on Medicare. I have an HMO paid for by Medicare, but administered privately. It even includes membership in a health club.

Every American of any age should have Medicare from birth. Everyone should have the benefits you and I have.

Best wishes for a full recovery, Zeb.

rj

But there are those who may not read my first post and ... well never mind.

I too have an Advantage plan that's paid by Medicare and Administered privately. It's an HMO-POS plan.

One question...how would that be paid for? I know I paid for my own Medicare through payroll deductions. How would a child pay for theirs?

Thanks for the best wishes...

Zeb

Not that the assault on Obama care by the congressional Republicans hasn't included an assault on Medicare. :rolleyes:

True. But if that money I paid into it had been invested it would have been invested, instead of put in the general fund to be used to send senators on junkets to foreign lands for no reason, there would have been more than enough to pay for my needs post retirement.

The same goes for Social Security. My benefit would have been 5x more than it is now.

It doesn't include an assault on the Affordable Care Act either! Just Obamacare.

rj

One question...how would that be paid for? I know I paid for my own Medicare through payroll deductions. How would a child pay for theirs?
Zeb

Easy. We stop thinking about children as freeloaders who aren't paying their own way. We pay for their health for the same reason we pay for their education. As an investment not an expense. The richest country on earth with the lowest corporate taxes could easily afford it with minor changes in the tax code.

rj

Gosh. On a bad day we grumble about the NHS. But when you really need it, it generally works. Well. that's my experience anyway. Just don't expect it to sort out your stubbed toe. Or your broken rib. Time will sort them anyway.

Amen to that, Sam.

It doesn't include an assault on the Affordable Care Act either! Just Obamacare.

Truly amazing how many people genuinely thought those were different things until repeal-and-replace-with-absolutely-nothing-and-by-the-way-fuck-your-Medicaid-too came along.

Easy. We stop thinking about children as freeloaders who aren't paying their own way. We pay for their health for the same reason we pay for their education. As an investment not an expense. The richest country on earth with the lowest corporate taxes could easily afford it with minor changes in the tax code.

rj

When you give pols money you get screwed.

Back