The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Nuke about a quarter cup of water in the mug til it's hot, about 20 seconds, then stir in about a tablespoon of cocoa powder til it dissolves and add a tablespoon of maple syrup and a few drips of vanilla. I use the measuring cup to nuke the milk, about 3/4 of a cup, for about a minute and a half then stir that into the mug. I'm not real accurate on amounts, just eye ball it anymore. The recipe on the Hershey's Cocoa container calls for more cocoa and, I think, sugar too but I find this suits us....

Keurig:

Place pod.

Press button.

Drink!

:) I'm a sucker for modern conveniences...

The Cadbury situation in the US has been a sore point for those of us who love chocolate for decades. One of the high points of my first visit to the UK was a tour of the Cadbury factory with all the freebies they give to the tourists. That was back in the day of The Man In Black ads. Classics, every one of them.

I don't really care for Cadbury either way, but these:
852de89b022b2286ee04eaf7902a0106.jpg

...are pretty much crack for me. :D

That, or any of the Ritter Sport bars.

And I am indulging in hot chocolate now because of this thread. Thanks all!

Finishing up a cuppa hot chocolate myself. I've had a bad sinus headache most of the afternoon. Not even a steaming shower has helped much.

Maybe a little sleep will help.

I love Ritter Sport bars. Though, I'm the only person I know who loves the marzipan ones.

I'm a sucker for chocolate-covered marzipan. Luckily, it's not that common. Common enough, though...

My more usual weakness are orange-filled Lindt bars. The pistachio ones too. I pretty much have to avoid them these days. I've been known to eat an entire bar while walking through the grocery store, handing just the empty wrapper to the cashier.

I'm a sucker for chocolate-covered marzipan. Luckily, it's not that common. Common enough, though...

My more usual weakness are orange-filled Lindt bars. The pistachio ones too. I pretty much have to avoid them these days. I've been known to eat an entire bar while walking through the grocery store, handing just the empty wrapper to the cashier.

My two current favorites are dark chocolate Lindt bars - Cherry Tango and Orange with slivered almonds

Finishing up a cuppa hot chocolate myself. I've had a bad sinus headache most of the afternoon. Not even a steaming shower has helped much.

Maybe a little sleep will help.

Have you considered using one of these ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUALITY-STEAM-INHALER-CUP-MASK-Cold-Flu-Remedy-Airway-Blocked-Sinus-Nose-Clearer-/201685141750?hash=item2ef55f08f6:g:HnEAAOSwCGVX9gRg

Works for me, especially when a little salt or menthol is added.

My two current favorites are dark chocolate Lindt bars - Cherry Tango and Orange with slivered almonds

Chocc & Cherry; a devastating combination.

You guys are talking way too dirty for me this morning. :eek: Chocolate Cherry, indeed. :devil:

The sleep helped the headache but now I'm awake at an ungodly hour.

Ah well, I'll make fresh coffee. :)

You guys are talking way too dirty for me this morning. :eek: Chocolate Cherry, indeed. :devil:

The sleep helped the headache but now I'm awake at an ungodly hour.

Ah well, I'll make fresh coffee. :)

Any going spare please?
I sure could use one.

Morning,
I'll just help myself to coffee, thanks.

Oh man, the Lindt Mozarts?! :heart:
A hazelnut cream center, wrapped in pistachio marzipan, and then covered in chocolate. *drools*
Milk-and-Dark-Mozartkugeln-Gift-Bag_main_450x_7735-M.png

At least with the Mozarts, they're in the bulk tables, so you can pick up only a few pieces instead of buying a nice big bag of them.

Oooohhhh, coffee please. Got up far too early and did some writing before breakfast. Lots of editing and tweaking last nite.

Chocolates? After my vacation in Australia and New Zealand back in March 2016, I am convinced New Zealand Cadbury chocolate is the best in the world. I bought a box back with me. And they have the most amazingly delicious cookies. And their icecream is to die for.

Morning,
I'll just help myself to coffee, thanks.

Oh man, the Lindt Mozarts?! :heart:
A hazelnut cream center, wrapped in pistachio marzipan, and then covered in chocolate. *drools*
Milk-and-Dark-Mozartkugeln-Gift-Bag_main_450x_7735-M.png

At least with the Mozarts, they're in the bulk tables, so you can pick up only a few pieces instead of buying a nice big bag of them.

Now you do have me drooling! And thinking of hazelnut and pistachio gelato...

Ah well, tea first. Then coffee. The more coffee.

Now you do have me drooling! And thinking of hazelnut and pistachio gelato...

Ah well, tea first. Then coffee. The more coffee.

Any chance of them with caramel centres ?
Hazelnuts do no no favours.
Anyone need some cold rain ? We go plenty. . . .

And now - coffee.

Coffee it is.

Being up early didn't work out so well, so I went back to bed.

High 70's today so it's back to the yard. I'm going to have all my Spring work done in January. :eek: Butt, butt, butt.....

I watch my blood sugar too closely for this chocolate conversation. 62% Cacao bars are the limit of my consumption these days, and not very many of those. Now, come the day when dark chocolate is available made from coconut sugar . . .

Any chance of them with caramel centres ?
Hazelnuts do no no favours.
Anyone need some cold rain ? We go plenty. . . .

And now - coffee.

Send your rain to southern California, they always need rain. The northern part of the state is drowning, but the south needs to raise the water levels after so many years of drought.

Send your rain to southern California, they always need rain. The northern part of the state is drowning, but the south needs to raise the water levels after so many years of drought.

Might as well package it up properly. Ours is currently falling as snow.

Snow would be better for SoCal. Too much rain and the mountains melt. :rolleyes:

I spent most of the afternoon going through all my comments. There were smiles, there were sighs at people long gone from Lit, There were a few surprise comment from people I never expected to comment, and then there were deletes for a whole bunch of Annony crap. That stuff is harder to scrap off than black gumbo.

Ok, coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

I'm doing diet DP.

Snow would be better for SoCal. Too much rain and the mountains melt. :rolleyes:

I spent most of the afternoon going through all my comments. There were smiles, there were sighs at people long gone from Lit, There were a few surprise comment from people I never expected to comment, and then there were deletes for a whole bunch of Annony crap. That stuff is harder to scrap off than black gumbo.

Ok, coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

I'm doing diet DP.

LOL, they do have a habit of melting, don't they. :)

They actually got some good snowfall in December in the LA and SD area mountains. Not anywhere near what they need, but it sure made for a beautiful sight. Of course it didn't last long in San Diego. But the LA mountains were looking good from a distance. Still, they need a ton of snow and rain to make drinking water for all those people.

And just to lower the tone of this classy establishment, in reels Chloe after an intense day at work, and she says......

who-do-i-have-to-fuck-around-here-to-get-some-coffee-please.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back