Moving

R. Richard

Literotica Guru
In the not too distant future, R. Richard will be moving to a country called Belize. Specifically, R. R. will be moving to Belmopan, the capital of Belize. The move is job related and I need some background information about Belize and Belmopan. Any AH people been to Belize? Please PM me with info. TIA.

I had a crack about, Becoming a Banana Republican, but it;s probably only funny to Smedly Butler fans. :)

I had a crack about, Becoming a Banana Republican, but it;s probably only funny to Smedly Butler fans. :)

I'd wager there are quite a few Marines in the Lit Forums who are familiar with him and caught/appreciated your wordplay. [BTW, its Smedley Butler.]

Belize is home to the world's second largest coral reef ( only the Great Barrier Reef in Oz is bigger). There are several extraordinary coral atolls (very few people are aware they exist in places other than the South Pacific). Glover's Reef, in particular, is spectacular.

There's wonderful snorkeling and diving. There's also good sailing (but it requires excellent navigation and piloting skills— for obvious reasons).

I'm not a fisherman but one would logically presume the fishing is good.

Hurricanes are a problem. There is a fairly sizeable American expatriate population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belize
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/bh.html

I have done all of the Internet searches and have good general background. What I'm really hoping for is someone who actually has lived there.
The fishing, sailing and/or snorkeling would be an advantage for some, but I'm the shade that the tanning ads call 'fishbelly white.' I can't take sun, in any amount.
I do hope to ingest some swordfish steak, tuna steak, sea bass, halibut, clams, rock lobster or oysters. Belize exports bananas, so I expect to find them good and cheap.
There are some 10,000 conservative Prussian Mennonites living in Belize. They raise chickens and moo cows. They sell eggs, milk, chicken and even some beef. I don't care if they worship a golden calf, as long as the prices are right.
Belize is mostly a very poor country and I hope to find some low cost, high quality wood workers.
I hope to get more useful info.

Back