Team of Misfits

Turning away from the kitchen again, Portal wondered if Kayne might begin to think that she was purposely ignoring the woman. It wasn't on purpose, it's not like she followed Kit to the kitchen door just so she could turn around and snob everyone. But this was the second time today, and her eyes darted away before there was any of meeting Kayne's.

"Well, I was just trying to see who could help me with making myself more useful. And with your database of images, if need be I could teleport everyone to a location you can find a picture of. I don't have perfect aim when I try to jump to brand new places, but if I can find a recent image, then my mind does the rest."

The fox was interesting, he'd gone from metallic to soft fur, and Portal casually let her fingertips rub against the pelt gently. Absentmindedly, or accidentally depending on how he wanted to take it.

"But that's about all I'll be much help at."
 
The Kitsune's first instinct was to bristle at the touch, It was foreign to him to be touched in such a way and for a moment he thought it was intended as an attack. Though he quickly dismissed his paranoia as being just that and rubbed into her hand. It was nice, cute, comforting to the shapeshifter.

"What are your powers?" He asked genuinely curious. he wasn't currently a robot and couldn't find any information on her in this organic form. he almost wished he had his diagnostic equipment running so he could give her a good scan to determine more about her, but right at this moment that was out. "And...I'm sorry to ask, but..could your rub me just a bit higher?" He asked, his silver fur gaining a light pink as it also changed colors when he blushed.
 
Kneeling down, Portal made a proper effort of giving Kit a scratch, as if he was a pet but without the baby talk. He was a team member, no matter how strange. She did like his soft form, it was warm and comforting.

"Hmm, well I can open portals between two spaces. For instance, if I asked you to call up an image of a doorway on the other side of the world, I could open a portal here," she indicated a nearby doorway, "and step out over there."

Shrugging, she continued to give him a scratch.

"You could come with me, and a few others, but the more mass moving through seems to strain me faster than if it was just myself. An elephant I expect would give me a blood nose and migraine instantly, not that I've tried to move an elephant..."
 
To Kit this was fascinating. He could see all the uses her powers might have in the a battle field. If she could do the quick change on a location then a practiced sniper might be able to destroy the target. from hundreds of miles away without ever giving up a print position.

"Question: What if your doorway was on the move? Say you put a portal on that door." He said pointing at a closet door. "And a portal on that door." This time he pointed at a doorway to the kitchen. "Then Kayne grabs that door and with all the strength she has, throws that door. Would your portal stay attached?"

There were so many possibilities, but Kit saw one distinct possibility for this power. And the idea made him almost giddy. To him he saw her putting a portal on like a window, then somebody throws said window. In the mean time another Mostly could be fighting a guy and Portal could come along and open a portal under her enemy. Though Kit doubted it could be done exactly like that, he still enjoyed the idea and almost hoped it could be done.
 
That question stumped her, she had never tried using a solid boundary that whilst stable, was in movement. But instantly she started to think if it would be possible, she'd have to practice, but with the amount of time they had up their sleeves it would be a good use of it.

Giving Kit an almost happy scratch behind the ears, with more vigor this time, she smiled.

"I've never thought about it, stationary doorways always seemed easier. But aren't you smart," she said, before her thoughts drifted off to working out this newest question.

"Well, as long as the boundary remains stable and contains the portal, the only factors are my own concentration and strength...if we start small, say, a crawling pace...hmmm,"

With that, she stood up again, and started walking off down the hallway to the kitchen. Absentmindedly wanting something to drink, but not realizing she might walk in on Sparks and Kayne.
 
"I've never thought about it, stationary doorways always seemed easier. But aren't you smart,"

well that didn't feel patronizing at all. Kit mentally groaned. He seemed to be making the same impression as a little kid to her, but he couldn't help it if his curiosity was over abundant at times.

"Well, as long as the boundary remains stable and contains the portal, the only factors are my own concentration and strength...if we start small, say, a crawling pace...hmmm,"

Then without much more the kid turned and walked into the kitchen. Leaving Kit with his thoughts. that was okay though. Kit didn't much like people and sometimes being by yourself was the best option. He gave a small sigh and continued walking.

Once he was outside her stretched and smiled, his eyes shining as he leaned forward and mentally counted. "Three. Two. One. GO!" And with all the speed his Ukraine heritage gave him he shot off. He couldn't gain superspeed, but his maximum speed was nothing to laugh at and could clock him in at about 50 milesper hour. Although his mom used to promise him that on His 1000th birthday He would become the fastest thing alive.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top