Sailer's Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning to all the sailors and sailorettes. I hope you all had a wonderful evening.

-cleans up the mess from last night's dinner- good morning everyone! hope you all had a wonderful evening...

Well Good afternoon all.
Just slipping my vessel into the cove for a quick exchange.

Hope you all have had a less frustrating afternoon than I.

And I'm thinking scotch for tea today...

Just slipping my vessel into the cove for a quick exchange.

there's a sick joke in there somewhere just begging to be released....lol

Running the main up the mast and hoisting the jib, my sails begin to fill with the breeze. As the boat begins to slide up the channel, the keel begins to bite and the boat stiffens against the heel. Pounding through the seas, I make headway toward the sunset.

;)

Running the main up the mast and hoisting the jib, my sails begin to fill with the breeze. As the boat begins to slide up the channel, the keel begins to bite and the boat stiffens against the heel. Pounding through the seas, I make headway toward the sunset.

;)

-claps- you're naughty...i'm going to educate myself on nautical terminology now, lol.

LOL!!! It's actually true!! I've had (female) crew pee in a bucket during a race day. She was, shall we say, not happy...

I was once a member of the 'bucket and chuck it' club. I've bared my bum to the elements many times, whilst the crew look the other way. :D

However, in my cove, I'm imagining my "dream yacht" which is a Frers 50. Complete galley, head, and can be outfitted with some comfortable appointments below. (at 200K used this is all fantasy!)

If you were sitting on your dream yacht you'd be reminiscing about the fun you used to have in your first boat.

And by the way, in that Bikini, even though you're of those gas guzzling, noisy, polluting, compensating for something motor boaters, you're welcome here. ;):D

Reminds me of the time I was listening to the Coastguard coordinating the rescue of a motor boat with engine trouble.

The only other vessel in the area was a yacht, who kindly offered to tow him back home. The only problem being, that there wasn’t much wind that day, and the yacht was sailing at seven knots towards the motor boat who was limping along at eight knots.

I'm up (and at work) but I can't complain, thank you for asking. Any plans for the weekend?

Two things:

First, I'm sorry that you have a sick child. I hate to hear/see when children are sick, it just pains me. I hope your little one gets better soon.

Second, I never read the words underneath Mary Poppins until just a moment ago and now I can't stop laughing. That's hilarious...

Two things:

First, I'm sorry that you have a sick child. I hate to hear/see when children are sick, it just pains me. I hope your little one gets better soon.

Second, I never read the words underneath Mary Poppins until just a moment ago and now I can't stop laughing. That's hilarious...

Hehehe it's funny isn't it? Actually it started off with someone on my thread calling me Mary poppins ...:D

as for sick child she is really poorly, so unlike her and Dr just keeps saying give her paracetamol etc ...I know all that!! It's frustrating not to be able to stop her coughing, she is so tired:(

sorry ranting a bit and it's not my thread! Sorry :)

Rant away Mary Poppins -- I love that movie by the way. Don't worry, as cute as I think it is...I'll refrain from calling you Fish and Chips.

Oh poor thing and her coughing :( I've heard that it's sometimes best that you not try to suppress a child's cough entirely, but when your a parent and watching them suffer you want to do anything that will make it better.

Rant away Mary Poppins -- I love that movie by the way. Don't worry, as cute as I think it is...I'll refrain from calling you Fish and Chips.

Oh poor thing and her coughing :( I've heard that it's sometimes best that you not try to suppress a child's cough entirely, but when your a parent and watching them suffer you want to do anything that will make it better.

Yeh she is fed up of it as much as we are, and she is rarely ill so she isn't suffering very well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back