Writers' Block

jaF0

Watcher
Two writers are having their own respective blocks on their story lines. They contact each other and decide to get together in person to work on both stories

They come up with the idea of crossover story lines between their works and will credit each other. Once they get to work, the story gets hot and begins to get to them. They get interested in each other and begin acting out all the erotic acts they plan to write their characters doing. It gets intense as they go at each other, losing themselves and all sense of time. When done, spent, they decide to have a few drinks in celebration of what will end up being a great couple of stories. But they go too far, get drunk and pass out.

When they wake up the next morning partially hungover, they can't recall any of what happened or the stories they worked out. Having made only sketchy notes/outlines before getting distracted, they don't have enough to build on.

I thought that they would get so tuned on workshopping their ideas that soon clothes go flying...

I thought that they would get so tuned on workshopping their ideas that soon clothes go flying...

The next afternoon she sees something that is out of place. There's a GoPro camera on the bookshelf, which is weird because she doesn't own one. When she plays the video from the memory card, she sees his face clear in the frame as he backs away and sits on the couch. A moment later, the video shows her come out of the kitchen with two drinks, and the next half hour is slow while they brainstorm and write.

Two hours later, her hands shake as she calls the other writer, asking him to come over right away. They sit on the couch and watch the video of their sexy finish to the night. Without a word, he opens his laptop and starts to write, and she rewinds to a good pause moment showing both of their naked sweaty bodies, then leaves to change clothes.

She comes out to see her laptop open, waiting for her to also write, and he'd helped himself to pour two new drinks. With her bathrobe tightly cinched to hide her sexy clothes, she looks at the camera facing them.

He apologized for recording without letting her know, saying he meant to tell her but forgot once things got serious. With her permission, he erases the memory card and hits the record button.

--------

Will they act different knowing in advance that they are making a sex tape? Of course, it's all in the name of art and inspiration. How many nights will it take before their stories are finished?

The next afternoon she sees something that is out of place. There's a GoPro camera on the bookshelf, which is weird because she doesn't own one. When she plays the video from the memory card, she sees his face clear in the frame as he backs away and sits on the couch. A moment later, the video shows her come out of the kitchen with two drinks, and the next half hour is slow while they brainstorm and write.

Two hours later, her hands shake as she calls the other writer, asking him to come over right away. They sit on the couch and watch the video of their sexy finish to the night. Without a word, he opens his laptop and starts to write, and she rewinds to a good pause moment showing both of their naked sweaty bodies, then leaves to change clothes.

She comes out to see her laptop open, waiting for her to also write, and he'd helped himself to pour two new drinks. With her bathrobe tightly cinched to hide her sexy clothes, she looks at the camera facing them.

He apologized for recording without letting her know, saying he meant to tell her but forgot once things got serious. With her permission, he erases the memory card and hits the record button.

--------

Will they act different knowing in advance that they are making a sex tape? Of course, it's all in the name of art and inspiration. How many nights will it take before their stories are finished?

maybe its her hubby/Dad/Mom/sister who planted the camera, expecting a bit of nudity or masturbation, but now seeing more, needs to join in?

"I'm writing a lovemaking scene, and I can't quite make out where all the arms and legs go. Can you help me a minute?"

"Sure, what do you need me to do?"

"Come over here and hold me like you're going to kiss me. Where do your hands naturally fall?"

"Sort of like this, I guess. Then I'd probably tilt my head like this...."

"And I guess I would move in for the kiss, and my hands would go here...."

"Yeah, that works, and my knee would probably go like this...."

Next thing you know they are rutting like crazed weasels on the carpet. It could work MF, MM, FF, or whatever.

Deus ex Machina, slightly.

I can vibe with this story-line until both individuals wake up with no recollection of the previous evening.

Personally, I would be rather turned off had someone recorded the incident non-consensually, you find this out after you time warp thru the encounter...because IMO, it kills the story's potential.

Some of my most amazing relationships formed in the way you described, not exploring the potential would be selling the story short. Seems like the author would absolve themselves of the activities or fantasies they work out with one another making the story seem weak. I feel it would fall flat.

It's a deus ex machina. I am a huge fan of an author saying this is what my character shamelessly did instead of not taking responsibility for the actions of the character.

I think the meat of the story happens inside the minds of your characters, in things not said, in subtleties and non-verbal cues and a video likely could not convey the narrative as well as your characters could.

Your characters, atleast one of them, needs to be present and observing the situation, making a commentary and this character should be a reliable narrator.

You would hold my attention easily if your characters explored this with their senses and told me the story through those. That is, after all, the beauty of erotica. Videos can't suck your audience into the minds, thoughts and feelings of the characters and the story can give them some different immersive experience a video can not give them.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back