Usernames to Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't think you should take threads down that editors don't want you to take down, because the threads he has added to my stories are okay.

So maybe you should ask the story editor/creator first.

I personally don't think you should take threads down that editors don't want you to take down, because the threads he has added to my stories are okay.

Also, in the case of "Absolute Power" & stories like it, you are simply doing what I long ago began requesting: Either approve threads I write for your stories in the present day, or delete everything I've ever submitted for them (in many cases, the best threads in the story).

Mixermix, I'm just doing what he asked me to do, since editors can't delete threads after they are approved. But currently, I'm removing things from my own stories and those I've adopted, as well as abandoned stories.

Sometimes civility needs to be suspended. We gave him every opportunity to be a long term member, but he continued to take our good will for granted and refused to accept the consequences for his prior actions. Why not force him to accept the consequences he's been avoiding and punish him for these violations he calls efforts? He's banished on site, therefore, he shouldn't be allowed to rate or submit threads. He's banished on the forum, therefore, he shouldn't be posting on the forum. The extra is merely a punishment.

Besides, if there's plagiarism, shouldn't that come down instantly? If there's a story that features sex with a minor or an animal, shouldn't the editor's feelings be irrelevant? Naturally, these aren't the same as this situation, but they demonstrate that a courtesy call isn't always necessary. The consideration is "When do we hang the niceties?" I think this is one of those times, and I'd love to hear why you think this isn't.

Sometimes civility needs to be suspended. We gave him every opportunity to be a long term member, but he continued to take our good will for granted and refused to accept the consequences for his prior actions. Why not force him to accept the consequences he's been avoiding and punish him for these violations he calls efforts? He's banished on site, therefore, he shouldn't be allowed to rate or submit threads. He's banished on the forum, therefore, he shouldn't be posting on the forum. The extra is merely a punishment.

Besides, if there's plagiarism, shouldn't that come down instantly? If there's a story that features sex with a minor or an animal, shouldn't the editor's feelings be irrelevant? Naturally, these aren't the same as this situation, but they demonstrate that a courtesy call isn't always necessary. The consideration is "When do we hang the niceties?" I think this is one of those times, and I'd love to hear why you think this isn't.

It's true what you say. I did think about it that way too after sleeping on it. He is banned, so he shouldn't be allowed to post. That's pretty clear and I can certainly understand why he's been given a ban. I also understand why all new threads get deleted, that's just enforcing the ban.

But deleting old threads that's different. They are part of the story and even if they should've been banned in the first place, banning them now could be seen as making another mistake. It could upset the editor, because he/she might not appreciate or understand why it got deleted, long after it got posted. Some thread he must have posted even before he got banned, so technically they shouldn't be affected since he didn't break any rules when he posted them.

It's not a black and white decision. I understand why and it's a lot easier to delete all thread than evaluating each thread individually, but should all threads including the old ones be banned as a punishment? I'm not sure if that's right. Still I think Torg is doing a fine job; I'm just not sure if I agree with that policy, that's all. Ultimately, it might be the correct one in the long run.

As for the stories Torg claims to have "cleaned" or "purged" (in actuality worsened), the following still have threads I wrote as of mere seconds ago:

Absolute Power
Simon Says
A Bet Leads…
Knocked Up Notions
The Neighborhood
A Wishbone Tale
18 and I Like It
Action!

Actually, they got deleted shortly after you posted them as 'louisvul'.

Once again, I'll correct your mistakes (another reason I should be the replacement Mod for the site or Forum, if not both):

1] I don't believe that name ever posted a single thread anywhere.

2] Subtract "Simon Says" from the list; The rest still have me listed as a writer as of seconds ago.

1) Well, I deleted those supposedly non-existent threads. So, your memory seems rather poor, since it was only two days ago.

2) Those threads were not deleted on purpose, because, unlike 98% of your threads, someone actually followed them up with their own threads. If I deleted your threads in those cases, I would be deleting innocent authors threads that had not been banned.

I just found this thread, and it does certainly explain some of the really shitty submissions I'd been seeing in the past. Pretty sure a lot of them were attached to at least one of the names on this list. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I don't have any submissions of my own on Chyoo, but if I come up with any I wish to submit, I'll be sure to keep an eye out now that I know what to look for. Cheers!

On a lighter note, watching the drama unfold here has been pretty entertaining. This guy truly does not get it. I'm starting to wonder if I should actually feel guilty for laughing at him as this borders on the pathological.

duzntma11er is the latest.

If someone could report the tercesrepus, peterbarry3, and chimney2001 threads, it would help.

duzntma11er is the latest.

If someone could report the tercesrepus, peterbarry3, and chimney2001 threads, it would help.

There was also ka1toul1es prior to that. Were there any other accounts targeting us like this? I seem to recall at least one more like that, but that could be a hazy memory at work.

EDIT: I've updated the first post to detail which usernames still have threads that can be deleted. The current accounts that are awaiting moderation work or have not been thoroughly checked are:

TJChurch
sheckystiller
fakeout001
tnadnuder
tercesrepus
peterbarry3
chimney2001
ripples
corybranan
rithimman
schlebmob
harveyspecter
chevchelios
cornhusker
sabrinalloyd
cleavantderricks
rembrandtbrown1

Last edited:
The person who is helping out on CHYOO finding threads: please don't post threads that have followups by non-TJ users. Thanks.

3] As for why I don't write for my own stories: Every time I've created one

While going over his threads for deletion, I decided to amuse my own curiosity and scanned the TJChurch account's pages of listed threads and made a humourous discovery that contradicts this claim. Out of all 331 of his remaining threads, not a single thread is a Page 1 thread. I even checked the list of his stories Torg posted back when he was banished and the master copy quoted by BenjiDude which contains a few stories Torg removed from his post; and it's quite clear both posts have not been touched in years. All of the stories are still standing, meaning they weren't lost in this massive deletion, but none of those stories list him as the creator. Therefore, he's never started his own story.

So rippitydoo, or whatever you want us to call you, how could Torg have done anything to the stories you created if you never created one? How could you know what Torg was going to do if you've never even tried to create a story? How can you even call yourself creative if you couldn't make a story?

And if you really wish to claim the master list omitted certain stories that are now deleted from the site, then consider something else. Threads that have a child supplied by someone other than you are being left alone. Therefore, if the stories you created are gone, that means no one else supplied any threads. This in turn indicates that you couldn't make your story appeal to anyone; otherwise (under your illogic) the best would have been posting threads without any feelings getting in their way while the worst wouldn't even realize they're supposed to be feeling anything crippling.

Last edited:
Torg, are you sparing threads that have denied child threads from others attached as well as ones with approved children? If so, would you mind specifying those spared TJChurch threads here in a post? This way we'll stop spamming the report button for these threads, I can move on to updating our master list, and we can be done with this backpedalling sooner. The only reason I ask is that the rest of us can't see denied threads unless we either wrote them or were specifically looking for them - the complications this creates should be obvious, even before I mention that I've had a few problems with the search function.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out what happened - a story updated, but none of the threads were touched. I'm not completely sure how that happened, but it means the search is operating according to its programming. Anyway, that means it does work sufficiently and we can specifically search for denied threads. However, that is still a hassle, so the request itself remains.

Last edited:
Torg, are you sparing threads that have denied child threads from others attached as well as ones with approved children? If so, would you mind specifying those spared TJChurch threads here in a post? This way we'll stop spamming the report button for these threads, I can move on to updating our master list, and we can be done with this backpedalling sooner. The only reason I ask is that the rest of us can't see denied threads unless we either wrote them or were specifically looking for them - the complications this creates should be obvious, even before I mention that I've had a few problems with the search function.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out what happened - a story updated, but none of the threads were touched. I'm not completely sure how that happened, but it means the search is operating according to its programming. Anyway, that means it does work sufficiently and we can specifically search for denied threads. However, that is still a hassle, so the request itself remains.

By my methods of checking the reported threads, I'm only seeing approved children. The only stories being completely spared are mixermix's, since he requested that Tim's threads not be deleted.

By my methods of checking the reported threads, I'm only seeing approved children. The only stories being completely spared are mixermix's, since he requested that Tim's threads not be deleted.

Ah, that explains a fair bit. Any other specific rulings? This will go much faster if we're all on the same page.

fakeout001 cleansed. 5 remaining threads with other person's threads attached.

All reported threads caught up.

Reporting the sheckystiller threads on site is a little confusing due to all the "I don't like this thread and I want it deleted." titles, as well as the fact that some of them are children of other threads. However, all but two of these threads meet the criteria for deletion, with one or two leading back to a thread from the original TJChurch account. The odd balls, which I'll open for discussion here, are this one and this one. They both have a child thread from The Bully, but pressing"<<Prev" reveals that both lines are denied. Torg, what's your ruling for this particular situation?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back