UK TV: new Yes Prime Minister

fifty5

Literotica Guru
Have you seen this - first episode tonight.

To me, the biggest flaw (and opportunity missed) is the Public School (for US readers that means a private school) accent. The original programmes made much capital of Sir Huphrey's (and Bernard's) posh speech and vocabulary with Latin quotations and so on compared with Hacker's more plebian speech. The new civil servants have very little of that.

That seems to me to be a missed opportunity since almost all of the current Cabinet are public school boys (especially Eton) and Oxbridge Graduates (they are also mostly very wealthy and Upper Class). Setting one lot of toffs against the other could have been very fruitful.

Did you see it, or the documentary afterwards? If so, what did you think?

Have you seen this - first episode tonight.

I missed it! Must catch on i-player.
Although I wonder if it can be as ludicrous as the actual cabinet's activities. :D

:nana:
(This is Dave Cameron saying Now I know it's tough on all you plebs, but I'm having a laugh a minute!)

I missed it! Must catch on i-player.
Although I wonder if it can be as ludicrous as the actual cabinet's activities. :D

:nana:
(This is Dave Cameron saying Now I know it's tough on all you plebs, but I'm having a laugh a minute!)

We all know he is. Not that the other lot's any better, of course.

We all know he is. Not that the other lot's any better, of course.

Luckily I live in Wales where we have a more Lefty Other Lot and an even more Left Wing lot who are unfortunately rabid Nationalists.

:)

(Must ask for a daffodilicon, this will have to do in the meantime - don't tell the other Scotland rugby supporters.)

:rose:

Back