The Queen's Consort

LordLuck

The Wicked Historian
Joined
Feb 10, 2011
Posts
2,649
(closed to JustEl. She has a very special place into my heart. :kiss: )

Marhaus could not believe it.

His belly suddenly felt as if he had ingested the bloody, fresh liver of a pig. It swirled around as if going to burst, filling him with some kind of nauseous fever. He could feel a cold sweat dropplet running down his back as he knelt reverently before his King. He had received his orders, and the regal figure before him stared at his eyes with interest. Why had Marhaus simply not accepted the order? Why had he felt this revulsed?

Because of his feelings towards the duty he had been ordered to.

The King had demanded that Lord Marhaus swore to both him and God himself that he would protect the Court and his Family with all of his mighty and heart, that he should remain in the Court at all possible times and give his life for it. It was, at least, unreasonable. Although a great honor that would shower him with the King's favours and boost his reputation astronomically, Lord Marhaus also knew that it would make him spend far too much time beyond his liking into the Court - a Haven of politics and intrigue that he had not much excitement to participate.

And it would keep him away of his lands. His fiefs were small and unproductive, there was nobody to command the place except for administrators - corrupt and debased - and his father, too elderly to maintain the title that he now bore. Lord Marhaus. Who would shave thought that it was the real reason for the King to order him to remain at the Court for weeks already, without a single explaination?

But Marhaus had sworn to be the King's Man, to serve him faithfully and protect his Heirs. It was not a needed duty. The Kingdom had been at peace for almost a couple of years now - although many frictions and problems in the borders always stood nagging at the King's ear.

"I swear.", he could not even start to understand why he had said it, and why he had not complained about the duty given him. "I swear upon my Oath for you, my King, and to God himself on the heights of Heaven. I swear and vow to protect and serve this Court personally, and all the components of your Royal House, Family and Desmene, with all migh might and capability, until discharged of service of fallen upon the enemies of the Kingdom."
 
Queen Margaret sat motionless next to her King, back straight and hands firmly held in her lap. Her expression never wavered as she watched Lord Marhaus accept his duties. Margaret's chin only slightly lifted as Marhaus stood to his feet and gave a short nod as he bowed in front of her stating his loyalty to her directly. Her lips, as red as a field poppies in full bloom, held silent as he spoke.

Queen Margaret's regalness far above any former Queen of the land had preceded her to Marhaus' ears before his eyes ever lay sight on her beauty. As he bowed, Marhaus caught the glistening sparkles in her deep coca brown smiling eyes. Her auburn braids and curls shimmered as if the ruby and diamond jewels from her crown had dusted it. And her silky, white, creamy breasts heaved with each breath she took hiding the golden cross that nestled between them. Marhaus quickly lowered his eyes, knowing one mustn't look upon the Queen in such a manner as he finished his vow.

"Rise, Lord Marhaus." the King said, taking Queen Margaret's hand as they stood, "Sophia, the Queen's Lady-in-waiting will show you to your quarters and anywhere else you would like to see."

Once Marhaus and Sophia had closed the chamber's door, the King turned to Margaret and explained he had heard of an uprising that may come from the west. Knowing that it could be true, the King didn't want to take any chances. He hoped Queen Margaret would indulge him in having Lord Marhaus as added protection.

"As you wish, my King." Margaret smiled kissing him on the cheek.




Margaret returned to her bed chambers several hours later and picked up the sewing she had placed on the small table by the window. Taking her seat in the window, her fingers whipped the blue thread until little flowers began to adorn the cloth. A soft knock followed by Sophia's voice asked if she may enter.

Sophia opening the door, "Lord Marhaus would like to speak to you, My Queen." she said as they took a step in.....................................................................
 
Marhaus was simply speechless as he laid eyes properly over the Queen's form. The way she carried herself with an elegant, regal attitude coupled with her gorgeous, luscious form would have made most men attracted to the woman, although she would ever be far away from their reach. However, Lord Marhaus blood boiled. His eye slaid upon her breasts, digging into her cleavage and imagining how lucky a man the King was only to be able to touch them, have those orbs of milky flesh rubbing against his face...

When he finally noticed he was staring, Marhaus blushed a little. He should be not thinking about his Queen like that. After all, beyond the obvious reasons that she was his Queen, Margaret was also at least five years his senior... and she could be fifteen years older than Marhaus himself. Although her true age barely showed through her body and her face, there was an air of absolute experience that demanded a measure of respect only an older woman like her could demand of all around them.

Lady Sophia had stepped forward to away besides their Queen, taking a proper place with her. Sophia was not bad at all herself. When Marhaus had first come to the court, many years ago, the girl that would become the Queen's own Lady-in-Waiting had lead him around, and his father had told him she would be a good party to marry, that her wide hips would bring him many children - although she was far too thin for Marhaus. Unlike the Queen. Margaret had meat on all the right parts, she would be a treasure to have on his hands... and all of that not because she was Queen. But because she was Margaret.

"My Queen.", he said at last, bowing his head deferently. Marhaus was wearing a rich, dark green robes with many figures sewed on it. "I am yous to command. The King himself ordered me to remain nearby, to tend to your every whim at once."

He said staring at her eyes, his own grey orbs matching hers in intensity, almost barely not holding up her gaze. "I am also told to entertain my Queen as long as she wishes, to be her company and to share her council."
 
"Sophia, you may leave us now." Margaret ordered.

"Shall I bring you refreshments, my Queen?" Sophia asked, her head down, bowing before turning for the door.

Looking at Marhaus, Margaret instructed her to bring them drink and a perhaps one of the small cakes the baker was known for. After Sophia left the Queen's chamber, she asked Marhaus to sit beside her and tell her a little more about himself.

The queen sat quietly as he began his tale. Her eyes roamed over him, taking him all in as he spoke. Marhaus was a pleasing man to take sight of. His youth a welcomed sight before her. She couldn't help when her eyes wandered lower than they should have. Catching herself she quickly picked up her sewing. Margaret's eyes would rise to meet Marhaus' only to return to her needle hastily as she tried to keep her mind off his unknowing charm.............................................................
 
Indeed, Marhaus never noticed the effect that he was having on his Queen, but he was pretty much sure that she understood the effect she had over him. Marhaus was growing enamoured of her, enjoying the way she merely stood at attention, hearing his stories of war and peace, of administration and trading. Mostly, stories that would only entertain her, but little that would really pick up her interest.

All the while, the young nobleman took the times that Margaret averted her eyes from him towards her sewing, Marhaus watched her form. She was so utterly gorgeous. Not that a Queen should be ugly, but most seemed to be like that, except for the Queen of Ancient Legends, like the Warrior-Ladies that protected their lands against the ancient barbarians and invaders. Like the ones in romances. Margaret was one of those. Gorgeous, proper and prim. Or so she seemed to be.

Sophia finally brough up their refreshments, two globets of finest wine, and a couple of cupcakes, finely crafted and prepared by the King's own Bakers - well renowned, respected and paid by the Kingdom's coffers. Marhaus took his time to drink, finally easing his chatter. What would Margaret ask next of him?
 
As the sun grew to full height, the cool breeze flowing through Margaret's chamber windows slowed to little wisps making the room considerably warm. Margaret stood and fanned herself as she looked out over the lush green lawn.

Turning to Marhaus, "Perhaps a stroll in the gardens would be nice. It's cooler hidden amongst the shade of the trees." she said softly, her hand still fanning at her rounded breast.

Margaret without turning to Sophia, "Sophia, you are dismissed." she said taking Marhaus in arm and heading for the door.

Margaret was right, the breeze was a cooling relief as they walked to the gardens. Coming upon several children playing, she stopped and introduced her only child, Prince Edmond, to Marhaus. Marhaus watched as she lovingly wiped a smug off Edmond's face. As they proceeded to the gardens, Marhaus couldn't help but wonder why such a woman only bore a single child to the King.

As they entered the garden, Margaret stop by a flaming red rose bush. Her fingers gently caressed it's delicate petals as it's intoxicating aroma filled their lungs.

Marhaus braking off one of the largest blooms hands it to Margaret, "A beauty for the beauty." he said as he bowed.

Smiling back at him, she walked deeper into the garden. "Tell me more of yourself, Marhaus," she said, her eyes full of excitement, as she took his arm in hers once more.

Marhaus' stories charmed Margaret, his travels came alive as he relived his adventures abroad. He was a breath of fresh air in the guarded stone walled world she lived.

Taking a seat on a iron bench, Marhaus looked deeply into Margaret's eyes, "May I be so bold as to ask a question, my Queen?" his word low and softly spoken.

Margaret smiled, "Ask me anything."

Taking a long breath, "You said, your only child when I met Prince Edmond, why is it that such a caring soul only have one child?"

Margaret smiled as she twirled the rose in her fingers, "I had planned on many childern for my king but shortly after I had Edmond, the fever got the better of me and left me barren."


Mauhaus studied her body, it still as shapely as a maidens. Her breast firm and rounded. Her skin milky white and as soft as the rose in her hand. Perhaps the fever was the Devil's slyest trick, he thought. Standing, he walked a few steps trying to replace the vivid picture of his queen in his head with the landscape in front of him.......................................................
 
Last edited:
However, he could not. The young master had allowed himself to be lead around the Royal Palace's grounds, glad to be away from the stone walls and of the unnerving Sophia. He loved the touch of her soft palm against his forearm, her touch brushing his form, almost driving Marhaus into doing something very, very stupid.

Of course that his little gift of a rose was the thing that surfaced from those reckless, naive thoughts. He smiled back to her as the Queen accepted the meager gift, but a shadow of denial turned at his mind. Had she done it only out of kindness, rather than make a fool out of him?

Slowly, he turned back towards the Queen, approaching her a little more than reccomended from behind her. Margaret was still busy, touching the rose in order to feel it's velvety surface against her soft hand, as Marhaus dared to lay a hand over ther forearm, pressing it as he tried to confort her a little, maintaining still the needed decorum between the two of them.

"I am sorry, my Queen. I've never meant to probe into such painful subjects.", he said as he brought her hand closer to his face, and laid a rather chaste kiss on the back of her hand. She was so soft, so unshakenbly flawless. He was far too tempted to touch her again, and again, and more energically until he was effectivelly mounting the woman. Tempted enough to risk it.
 
Margaret smiled not removing her hand from Marhaus' light embrace. She could not deny the attraction she felt as his fingers softly caressed her palm. Nor when his lips kissed upon the back of it. Realizing she had kept it there for longer than what would be appropriate she quickly removed her hand and scanned the grounds for prying eyes.

"You did not cause me pain, Lord Marhaus. I gave the King his heir to the throne on the first try. If truth be told, I didn't care much for the months of being with child." she said with a sly wink, "but we mustn't tell anyone that."

Margaret took a few steps away from Marhaus, his red rose still in her hand, "We should really be heading back, there is a dinner in your honor tonight, and I would hate to be the one who made you late for your own night."

Margaret lifting her arm, waited for Marhaus to take it before they walked back to the castle...................................................................
 
"Indeed, the King has ordered me a feast?", Marhaus asked outstanded. He was merely a poor, humble member of the lower nobility. To have a party thrown in his honour at the very court was something out of his ambitious dreams of expanding his reputation, influence, and coffers. "I hope my Queen shall offer me the chance to dance, then?"

Marhaus smiled as he moved towards her once more, taking upon her hand and pulling her a little bit closer to his flank. Margaret was warm, her skin as soft at the youngerst, fairest maiden; so much that her Lord only cared about remaining near her, pleasing her with his words and playful actions, disregarding any eyes that could denounce his approach as.. inapropriate.

"I shall tell nothing. But... does the King knows it, my Queen?", he asked curiously as they were slowly pacing towards a door, leading into the castle right underneath the Queen's quarters;
 
"The King knows." Margaret said matter of fact as she gazed into his eyes, "and I on the other hand know he has had his seed sown in another field to insure a second harvest, if need be. But that is none of my concern." her voice still the same note. "Edmond is my only concern." she said, her eyes turning into a loving mother's with the mere mention of his name.

Marhaus was astonished with the Queen's frankness. She did indeed keep him on his toes. Not knowing what to say to her in reply, they walked in silence. His leg brushed over her gown as his hold on her arm grew tighter without him noticing. But Margaret did.

Her steps closened to his, so close her gown swayed more on one side as the door to her chamber neared. Stopping in front of her door, Margaret handed the rose to Marhaus. His hand lifting hers to his lips once more, he kissed the back of her hand and dismissed himself.

"Marhaus, may I ask you something before you go?" Margaret's voice soft as a whisper.

As he walked back to her, "What is your favorite color, for I shall dress for you tonight." Margaret said softly with a lowering bat of her eyes.

What Marhaus heard and saw was a hint of womanly seduction or was it, he thought as he scrabbled for the right words............................................................
 
"Indeed?", he asked surprised, his eyes staring at hers with curiosity. She had winked somewhat meaningfully towards him, and although he was young and inexperienced at the Courtly Manners, Marhaus had felt a little bit of seduction in her sultry voice. "My Queen does me great honour."

"I am really fond of red, my Queen. A colour of strenght, passion, love... and blood.", he told her while trying to get into the dance of Courtly Love. Was Margaret really insinuating something for him? Perhaps he should do it as well, although innocently enough not to disgust her with his clumsy words.

With those words, Lord Marhaus accepted her rose, bringing it towards his heart while sensing from it's sweet aroma. Using his other hand, he opened that door himself, curtsing obediently in deference.

Quietly he allowed her to pass, his head filled with thoughts that could have excandalised the priests and bishops of the Kingdom.
 
Margaret turned as she passed Marhaus, her hand held out for him again, awaited his soft kiss.

Marhaus' kiss this time lingered longer. His lips, warm and moist on Margaret's skin made her hand tingle with excitement as she could of swore his tongue brushed over it. Margaret's eyes smiled with a hint of wickedness at him as she pulled her hand free. Knowing no one was around, Margaret leaned forward closer to Marhaus and kissed him gently on his cheek.

"I must choose a gown for you. As red as the rose in your hand, perhaps....." her voice only a whisper, "and my scent just as alluring............" her words so sinfully seductive, softly lofted to his ears, "Until this evening." Margaret seemed to whisper her words with a kiss as she took a step back into her bed chamber.

Marhaus bowed and shut the door, leaving the Queen to ready herself. Mumbling to himself as he walked to his quarters, Marhaus passed Sophia on her way to Margaret's room.

Just as Sophia knocked and entered, Margaret laid a blood red velvet and silk gown over her bed. It's color so red, that in it's folds it looked like as if it were the smoldering black coals left from a nights fire. The collar high around the neck, plunged to a scalloped chest which allowed her breast to breathe as it were. It's sleeves shear and slit, held together with small gold beading and plunging neck line would be almost scandalous to the older noble women, but Margaret didn't care. She wanted all eyes on her as she entered the room, not the young maidens that would be about. Furthermore, she wanted Marhaus' eyes on her............................................................
 
The Queen's last works had sent a wave of heat down Marhaus chest. They were the words that he would say when courting a lady, the words that lovers would share while teasing each other. Was Margaret implying something else for tonight? His cheeks burned crimson as the Queen entered her own quarters, where he had been talking to her when Sophia had brough them beverages. What did Margaret implied when she said she wished to 'honour' him?

As she dissapeared without sharing any more words with him, Marhaus knew that he was playing a dangerous game. What if any one had seen the kiss Margaret had laid upon his cheek? It was a chaste kiss, but people might understand that something more was to happen between the Queen and her Protector. Her Defender. Her mighty Champion.

If the King watched them with unkind eyes, they would be done with.

As Sophia passed through him, Marhaus had offered her a kind smile... and then turned his head to see her swaying hips under her dress' botton. Indeed, perhaps Sophia would be a good party for him to propose to. She was a Lady-in-Waiting, the Queen's favourite and closest friend. To have her would bring him much wealth, and a foot with the powers of the kingdom.
 
"Sophia is my bath ready?" Margaret asked as she placed her small crown on her vanity.

Margaret gently caressed the back of her hand where Marhaus' lips only a short while ago had kissed. Her mind day dreaming of this valiant young lord who was now in her life. She smiled as she thought of his boldness to kiss so passionately. Not the mightiest of knights had dared to run his tongue over her skin. Looking in the mirror, her smile grew knowing his hands would be on her body as they danced. Margaret's thoughts so deeply on Marhaus, she jumped when Sophia's hand touched her shoulder.

"How had he charmed her so?" Margaret thought.

"Did my Queen not here me, your bath is ready." Sophia said, her chin now resting along with her hand on Margaret's shoulder as she looked at her in the mirror.

Margaret gave a little girlish giggle as she lovingly touched Sophia's face then stood and started undressing as she walked to her milk bath. The warm milky water surrounded her body as slid into the tub. Sophia began to wash Margaret as she relaxed. Her hands did wonders as she massaged Margaret's body.

Margaret almost asleep, "My Queen, the hair dresser is here." Sophia whispered.

Toweling off, Margaret slipped on her blue silk robe and went to her vanity. Diana didn't take long to do her magic, turning Margaret's *hair into an auburn curled halo with what could only be fiery spiral wisps from Cupid's own arrows cascading down her neck.

Once her hair was finished, Margaret painted her face sparingly. Her beauty didn't really need much more than to blacken her lash and redden her lips and cheeks. Her scent, the scent of roses, was doused liberally over her skin by Sophia. As her garment layers covered her body, Margaret's heart began to race.

Margaret now readied, twirled in front of the large mirror. Perfect she thought as the red velvet seemed to melt into her skin. Sophia placed her Queen's jewelry and crown in their rightful spot.

"Just gorgeous is my Queen...." Sophia said with such sincerity.

Margaret and Sophia walked hand in hand to the Great Hall. Sophia looked Margaret over once more before entering the room and smiled a "you're just perfect smile."

Once Sophia reached the bottom of the staircase, the massive doors opened wide for Margaret as a voice announced her.

Margaret glided to the top of the stairs, stopping as she should. All eyes on her as she began her decent. And her's in search of Marhaus.....................................................
 
Last edited:
But his realistic aspirations for Sophia's hand would have to pass through the Queen. And Queen Margaret seemed strangely interested into flirting with him. Perhaps it was fine for Marhaus to flirt back to her, a little, since they were now bound to remain togheter due to the King's order. But somehow, every time he laid eyes above Margaret, the young nobleman felt something down his gut, a hollow feeling, a tight knot telling him of both his excitement... and the fear he nourished for being caught. The Queen was a forbidden fruit, ripe for the taking. Should he reach out to touch her?

Marhaus walked down the empty halls, ordering a couple of guards to take upon sentry positions before the Queen's Quarters. The last thing that he needed was an attack on her person just as he became her guardian. "You two lazy bones!", the young man bellowed as the guards tried to stand up, leaving their throwing dice fall against the stone floor. "Get to work. Stand guard at the Queen's Quarters. I'll be wanderting there every quarter hour, so you'd better not be rolling dice when I'm back."

The guards acknowledged quickly, taking upon their halberds and running down the hall to their duty. They're been so scared by his commanding voice that one of them forgot about picking up the dice. Marhaus took them up, noticing it was a beautiful pair of ivory carved dice. How did that guard managed to tuck his hands in ivory dice? Keeping that thought to himself, the Lord put them away into his fancy robes, and walked down the Castle.

He spent his whole afternoon wandering around in his new duties, meeting his soldiers at their posts. He would have to drill them all togheter tomorrow, so to meet every one of them. Security was his main purpose now, and he could not have any unknown man wandering in the Royal Guard's uniform.

"My Lord.", an older man nodded his head towards him when he entered the Guard's Armoury.

"Captain Peredur.", he told him deference. Although Marhaus was his commanding officer, the young nobleman knew that the experienced warrior was an asset he should not turn down. Years of experience could be noticed on his wrinkled skin, where ancient scars corrupted his once hadsome face. "How goes the watch?"

"Nothing to report. Except..."

"I hear you."

"Well, one of our man found out some soldiers of the City Watch drunk at the Eagle's Eye." The Eagle's Eye was a renowed tavern and brothel just outside of the Castle's Walls. People loved their prostitutes, or at least the City Watch was specially fond of them. "They groaned something about someone planning to infiltrate the Castle. We should probably tell the men to be more careful."

"Then do it so, Captain. And tomorrow, I'll pass a review on the Royal Guard. On the morning, I want half the guard at ready on the Main Courtyard, and the other half on the afternoon. I I am to command this warriors, Peredur, I would like to meet them personally."

"A wise counsel, my Lord."

"Dismissed."

With those last words, Lord Marhaus walked the corridors with his mind a little bit at ease, finally coming into the Inner Courtyard. This smaller, open area stood in the very middle of the Castle, and was the area where the nobles could remain and be welcomed or received by Your Majesties. There was a larger door, leading into the Main Hall that was also used as a Dining Hall during the feasts and banquets. But here, outside, he could see the young prince Edmond, heir to the throne, playing around the open area, running through the brick tiles that covered the court yard. There was a young woman, a maiden, trying to control the little boy that runned wild around, trying to scare all the pigeons. There were soldiers at guard, and half a dozen other nobles beyond the assorted number of courtesans and boot-lickers of ever.

Suddenly, a wide door leading to the Queen's Quarters stood opened, and no other than the Queen herself emerged from the shadowy corridor. The day was coming to an end, and the sky was crimson as the Sun said it's farewells.
 
Each step Margaret took down the staircase the evening sun illuminated her beauty. It's last golden rays seemed to follow her every move. The crimson sky as her backdrop lent depth to the gown of red velvet. Her every move poetic as she met her King.

Taking the King's hand once she reached the courtyard, Margaret greeted her audience. Only a small gathering, it quickly turned into social chatter. Margaret took her seat surrounded by a hand full of noblemen's wives and maidens. Their small talk meaningless to her ears, her eyes wandered for Marhaus amongst the men between her polite nods and smiles.

Marhaus stood by Peredur, his arms folded over his chiseled chest. His stance wide as they talked. Margaret's eyes finding Marhaus roamed over his form, enticed by his manliness, wondering thoughts she shouldn't have. Margaret couldn't put a finger on his allure. All she knew was this young noble fox had put her onto his scent.

"My Queen, the meal is ready." Sophia's said leaning down to Margaret, her voice just above a whisper.

Just as Sophia finished her words, the formal announcement echoed through the courtyard, "The meal is served."...................................................................
 
So sudden as the announcement had been made, the doors to the Great Hall were opened by a couple of armed men. As it was the King's own edict, no other men could bear arms within the Palace beyond his guards and his keepers. Although Lord Marhaus had been granted the duty to protect the Royal Family, he bore no sword, only a dagger concealed under his folded clothes. Peredur, however, was both bearing a sword and wearing his polished, shining armour. The guard opened the door, and where once had stood the King's Throne alone was a long table, and a couple of other long tables were paralel, perpendicular towards the entrance.

A feast was served at every table. A handful of servant girls and pajes stood at once corner of the room, awaiting to serve every demand. The King himself took his Queen by the hand inside the room, and although her eyes lingered a little over Marhaus' form, the young lord had not understood why. She was staring at him. The most gorgeous woman in the whole Court was staring at him. Was him that handsome?

He could not tell as all the courtiers and nobles entered the room. There should be on the most 50 people taking places at the tables, but standing still as the King stood yet. The older man watched them all with a smile on his face.

"Today, my friends and vassals, is a day of joy!", he told her with his loud voice, a hand still holding Margaret's. "A day to honour our noble guests and the new Prefect of the Palace, the worthy Lord Marhaus. Come, boy, and sit on our table!", he beckoned the your man, calling him from the lower tables to sit with the King himself. That act alone showered him in glory and honour.
 
Marhaus took that now emptied seat next to his Queen. He could smell her beautiful scent of rose as soon as he neared, but now it intoxicated him. Seduced him....... Hungered him....... Breathing her in, he worried the King would see his sinful delight painted over his face. Quickly he took to his drink.

Margaret smiled at him politely. She took her glass in hand as if to say hello and nodded. Her eyes sparkled wickedly at him as the glass lifted to her ruby lips. Taking a sip, she placed her glass on the table as the servers came between them.

Once the merriment was under way, the Great Hall filled with clatter and chatter along with the music of flutes and a large harp. As the meal progressed, small talk between Margaret and Marhaus grew into a lovely conversation. Margaret couldn't get enough of his tales, the way he brought them to life titillated her and the King for that matter.

Margaret couldn't help but wonder how grand it would be to go on such a journey with him. The more he talked the deeper she day dreamed, turning her ears to only his voice. As the meal neared it's end, Margaret was so entwined in him, her hand moved to his leg as he talked and caressed over his rugged thigh cautiously so no one would see......................................................
 
Last edited:
That her scent did it. Marhaus was completely enthralled by the woman next to him, and he could do nothing more than lay his eyes over her plump form, the shine of desire deep into his orbs. It was far too obvious that the Queen had captivated the young man, as he gave her all of his attentions, disregarding all the others.

He barely touched his food all the while, talking to her and hearing her back. Marhaus told Margaret about the tales of his father and how he had struggled against all the odds to keep his manor and fiefs. The life on the borderlands was harsh, and anyone not careful enough could end up death in some forgotten land, forever in an unmarked grave. The young Lord's words were filled with passion as he declared the struggle they had against bandits and the foreigners, that came more than hungry for their pastures and fields;

Marhaus was a good listener, but a better talker still. He narrated his story to her, getting ever more excited as she paid full attention to him and his words. Finally, however, just as he ender his last tale, he felt something, and almost jumped the chair.

Her hand. Margaret had laid a hand over his thight, caressing all along his leg. He trembled under her touch. This was wrong. It was not proper. The King would have his head if she went on. But her touch was so good.
 
The King clapped his hands, calling all attention to him, "Dance for tonight is a night of merriment!" he ordered placing a hand over Margaret's and waving to the musicians with the other.

The King with Margaret in hand rose and walked to the front of the Great Hall. His guest without hast, pushed out their chairs and took a partner. Marhaus along with a few men seemed to be out of please as the musical melody grew louder.

Having it in his head to take a stand by the wall, Marhaus saw Sophia quietly standing on the other side of the room. Knowing only her, he walked towards her. Once reaching Sophia, Marhaus bowed holding his hand out asked Sophia for the pleasure of a dance. Sophia curtseyed and held out her hand for him. They reached the floor just as the dance began.

As the dance waved over the floor, Margaret noticed Marhaus and Sophia. She couldn't help but notice his graceful moves across the floor. She watched his smiling face as they changed partners and how his eyes twinkled with excitement as he received a new partner. And then it was her turn.

Margaret's lips came to a full smile as Marhaus took her hand. His clasp soft and warm as he took her hand in his. Her eyes locked on him as they twirled around the room making all others fade into the background.

Yes, his charm was even mightier in his dance, she thought as he spun her around...............................................
 
Although his moves seemed fluid as if he was completely used to such situation, Marhaus knew he was not, struggling in order to have his steps not messing the dance with his partner. He was so eager, so glad to be recognised as one of the Court by the King himself that the young Lord had to mind hsi every step not to hit someone. Taken by the song and the energy flowing through the room and his colleagues, Marhaus was getting more confident by the moment.

The Dance

And then, she came to him. The Queen's moves were completely enticing. Indeed, he had never thought this woman would be so much more gorgeous when moving her body around him, waving her hips almost meaningfully and sensually towards Marhaus. Was Margaret even aware of the power she held over him, the young, innexperienced man that had been called to protect them due to his most than proved fighting skill?

Every tournament Marhaus had been enlisted saw his name as champion in every bound he fought, his martial skill proven and tested against most of his peers in the Kingdom. Some even whispered he was a new Marshall, just like Guillaume had been, more than fifty years ago.

The song jumped up as he took the Queen's hand once more, waving her carefully as if displaying the smiling woman towards all. There was something... different in her eyes. The same stare towards him she had displayed in the Gardens. What did that meant? No woman had ever laid such odd look upon him? Ah, what he would not give to read her thoughts...
 
Marhaus now facing Margaret took the dance step towards her body. Margaret's hand held by Marhaus rose higher as he stopped inches from her breast. The scent of rose filled his lungs as he breathed her in. His hand now as high his head guided her as she circled him. Margaret's eyes never wavered, taking in all sides of him. Returning back to face him once more, her chin nestled on her red velveted shoulder. Her hair curled softly at her face. Margaret slowly, hauntingly lowered her eyes then met his again. Her lips so enchantingly inviting gave a tiny puckered smile. Her breasts heaved from the dance or perhaps was it something else taking her breath?

Margaret wiggled her middle finger freeing it from Marhaus' gentle grip. As she curled it down, the tip grazed teasingly at his palm. Creeping her finger seductively she wormed it back up his palm to lock it back in it's place. For a second her smile grew large as she could of sworn Marshaus shivered but the music picked up it's pace not letting her know for sure.

Marhaus spun Margaret with ease, his grip on her hand stronger as they circled the hall. Margaret's body bowed taking her closer into Marhaus as she gracefully retrieved the train of her gown. Reaching the next corner of the floor, Marhaus repeated the moves with more confidence.

Margaret's body moved even closer than last time towards Marhaus after she circled him. Marhaus bowed at Margaret before the next partner took her from him. Holding her hand out for her new partner, Margaret's eyes fixed on Marhaus.

A soft faint whisper fled free from her lips, "I want you..." as her new partner whisk her away.

Did Marhaus hear the Queen right? Did that whisper lie as it's words reached his ear? Surely she didn't, surely she said something else........................................................
 
Last edited:
The young knight was so suddenly dumbfolded by what he had just supposedly hear the Queen telling him that he stumbled before he could reach for his next partner, a Lady names Iseult. Unfortunatelly for him, the stumble of his feet had called the attention of the bywatchers, and a couple of little, muffled laughs could be heard as the noblemen and ladies discreetly commented about his fault. Marhaus grew crimson with temporary shame as he adjusted himself quickly in order to take Iseult’s waiting hand. She seemed quite bored with him, and although she was beautiful, she paled and withered before Margaret’s gorgeous form.

What should he do? Their dance had been filled with sensuality, from her powerful, inebriating scent down to the soft touch of her skin, her playful fingers wandering around his callous palm, so much more used to handling weapons than women. The confidence built with the Queen was so suddenly lost due to her ominous words. But if they were true or not, Marhaus knew, the young Lord was bound to discover it sooner rather than later.

For he desired her as well. Ever since first laying his youth-filled eyes over her form, he had desired the Queen, the forbidden woman that reigned as the Consort of his Liege. What should he do? Give up to the sensual passion her lips promised? Dwell between her mounds of flesh, taste her womanly assets while allowing her to take his virility?

If they were discovered, the both of them would be doomed beyond salvation. The King would hang him, decapitate him, and lock his unfaithful wife up the deepest crevice of stone from the rat-filled, pitch darkness of the dungeons, leaving her to wither and die.

He stared at Margaret for the rest of the dance, finally curtsying for Iseult and smiling to her, begging forgiveness to his clumsy and awkwardness during their own little ritual. He liked Iseult . She was gorgeous and kind, albeit some years his senior. She could be a viable wife, although it was a little… unseeming for a man to marry an older woman. Still, she was rich. There was much to be earned in Iseult, but Marhaus had his mind in another place right now.
 
The dance ended with Margaret back at the King's side. Taking her arm, they took their rightful places at the front of the Great Hall. Marhaus stood not leaving the floor with Sophia in front of him. Sophia may have had his hand, but Marhuas was watching Margaret's every move as she seemed to float across the floor.

Taking her seat on the throne, Margaret searched for Marhaus among the crowd as the music started to play. Finding him, she couldn't help but smile. His steps were effortless as he danced with Sophia. His body tall and lean shown well under his clothing. There was an air about him that sucked her in as she watched them dance.

"Why are you smiling so big, My Queen?" said the King as he caressed her hand softly.

"Was I?" Margaret said, turning to look at the King. Without pause, "It must be the music and your touch." she said lovingly.

Quickly she averted her eyes back at the floor as to not give her thoughts away. Margaret had had a lover before, but he did not consume her like Marhaus was. Her eyes searched for Marhaus once more. Finding him now with Iseult, Margaret so wished it was her he was spinning. The more she watched the more her desire grew for the young Lord. Her chest heaved high out of her gown and lowered slowly as she exhaled. Her body warmed by want and lust to the point the velvet was becoming uncomfortably hot.

"Perhaps it's time for me to retire to my chambers." Margaret softly whispered to the King, hoping he did not notice the tiny droplets of perspiration at the top of her cleavage.............................................................
 
For quite some time, Lord Marhaus was happy to dance with the other ladies that he could really consider ellegible partners for a marriage. Many of them had been just throw from their houses into the Court, to be cared for and twatched by the Queen and hed Handmaidens. For example, Sophia herself. But even though she was more beautiful than Iseult, the widow's dowry was something hugely attractive. Of course, love was in the edge as well, and the young man did not knew Iseult as well as he did appreciated Sophia's clever tongue.

But somehow, his eyes always ended up seeking for the Queen and her own, glittering eyes. The message she had whispered him still pounded into his chest, making his breath laborious. What had she wanted? What did she really wished of him? He could not simply get into her legs. He had to be an eligible partner. He needed a wife.

After dancing some more, Marhaus excused himself. Captain Peredur had called him on a side of the Palace, telling him someone had been seen wandering around the walls outside. As if analizing the defences. Guard had been sent to fetch the person, but so far it had eluded every attempt of capture.

"It seems a cloaked man in red, my Lord. He was seemingly captured around the Inns, but somehow he managed to escaped his manacles, and now is once more free. I am sorry, my Lord. I'll be flogging the incapable men tomorrow.", Peredur told him with a slight blush on his face.

"Do it tonight. We can't risk the Royal Family security, Captain."

Of course they could not. What if anything happened to Prince Edmond while Lord Marhaus was enticed with their protectiong? The Queen would hate him. Not to mention what the King would have done with his head... With those thoughs, Marhaus had to walk a little.
 
Back
Top