how do you get smoooooth?

multipleJ

Experienced
Hey 1st post!!!

My hubby likes it bare! Ive tried some of the creams but really ended up leaving me very raw. I have tried many razors & shaving creams but still feel stubble. Yes I would love laser but cant afford that right now. TOO TERRIFIED to wax! L O L

All suggestions welcome!

They have electric razors meant for the genital region now (I bought one made by remington), you may want to try that, lot less dangerous then razors and it seems to do a decent job. There are also new depilatory cremes out there that are targeted for the genital region, I don't know a specific brand, you may want to try a larger health and beauty aids store or larger drugstore to see what they have (most of the standard cremes, like Neet and Nair and such, specifically warn against doing that). If you do try a creme, I have been told that you shouldn't leave it on as long as the instructions say, that that causes the burning.

Even laser is not painless, it is not without pain (someone described it as feeling like being hit with a snapped rubber band).

There is also something called an epilator (that I have not tried on genitals), various names like silk epic and the like. In effect it is like having a bunch of tweezers pulling out the hair, and it is probably not all that less painful then waxing. Thing about the silk epic is once you start using it, the hair grows back finer and it becomes easier.....but there is pain involved.

Hey 1st post!!!

My hubby likes it bare! Ive tried some of the creams but really ended up leaving me very raw. I have tried many razors & shaving creams but still feel stubble. Yes I would love laser but cant afford that right now. TOO TERRIFIED to wax! L O L

All suggestions welcome!

Welcome to Lit. :rose:

SatinDesire did a wonderful post on one of her thread on how to get the closest shave possible, so you may wish to try that out (click me).

I cannot personally speak for creams, but I do know several had luck with creams in the ethnic hair section, so that is also might be worth a look.

May I ask why you are terrified of waxing? In the competent hands of a professional, a session lasts 30 minutes, at most, and is relatively painless. Yes, you have to do your homework and make sure that the salon and the aestheticians are specifically trained in Brazilians, but there is nothing to be terrified about. Waxes will get you smooth, and when the hair grows back, it grows back softer (ie no stubble). You may wish to reconsider.

A word on laser. If you're too terrified to wax, laser isn't any better. It's bloody painful, and my pain tolerance is extremely high. Also, not everyone is a suitable candidate, so even if you do have the funds, you may not get the results you have hoped for.

Good luck.
:rose:

First, a nod and smile to the lovely fire_breeze :heart: - her post touched on my own thoughts, so I will be brief.

I am tempted to become a customer of the NoNo product, just to see if it might be an alternative to waxing.

Creams and sugaring don't seem to do diddley, and are often irritating to my skin. I woman up and get waxed once a month. Yesssssssssss, it hurts to the point that I want to kick, cry and break things while it's being done, but thankfully (and here's where fire was dead on) I have a very wonderful esthetician who I have been using for years. I trust him completely to make the uhhh experience as comfortable (painless) and quick as possible.

I have never tried laser hair removal - it's frighteningly expensive, and frankly, I'm not sure I would want something so permanent. Afterall, the fun of waxing is I can do themes for special occasions. ;)

First, a nod and smile to the lovely fire_breeze :heart: - her post touched on my own thoughts, so I will be brief.

I am tempted to become a customer of the NoNo product, just to see if it might be an alternative to waxing.

Creams and sugaring don't seem to do diddley, and are often irritating to my skin. I woman up and get waxed once a month. Yesssssssssss, it hurts to the point that I want to kick, cry and break things while it's being done, but thankfully (and here's where fire was dead on) I have a very wonderful esthetician who I have been using for years. I trust him completely to make the uhhh experience as comfortable (painless) and quick as possible.

I have never tried laser hair removal - it's frighteningly expensive, and frankly, I'm not sure I would want something so permanent. Afterall, the fun of waxing is I can do themes for special occasions. ;)

Laser is not technically permanent, the FDA now allows them to call it 'permanent hair reduction' or some such, which is not the same thing as permanent hair removal, which needle electrolysis is the only way. The cost of laser treatments have come down a lot, the prices quoted at some places here in NYC have come way down (I haven't seen it for genital area, though, I am looking at legs and so forth). If you plan on keeping it bare permanently, then laser may end up being cheaper then waxing in the long run, though laser may not get rid of all the hair, it will reduce the amount I believe significantly.

Laser generally works best if you have dark hair and lighter skin, though new generations of lasers can work with a wider range of skin types.

Laser is not technically permanent, the FDA now allows them to call it 'permanent hair reduction' or some such, which is not the same thing as permanent hair removal, which needle electrolysis is the only way. The cost of laser treatments have come down a lot, the prices quoted at some places here in NYC have come way down (I haven't seen it for genital area, though, I am looking at legs and so forth). If you plan on keeping it bare permanently, then laser may end up being cheaper then waxing in the long run, though laser may not get rid of all the hair, it will reduce the amount I believe significantly.

Laser generally works best if you have dark hair and lighter skin, though new generations of lasers can work with a wider range of skin types.

Ah, well see, there ya go. Lit is a wealth of knowledge! :D.

Laser is simply not for me though.

Laser is the best thing I have ever done for my crotch! (hitachi magic wand is the second so that's how much I love laser)
I used to shave, get bumps, cuts, ingrowns. Then waxing for about 6 mo. (by a professional) it hurts like hell, the ingrowns were worse, and I'd be sore for days after the wax, then wait for new growth before ripping it out again.

Save some money, go without fancy coffee for a while or something. It's worth it!

They have electric razors meant for the genital region now (I bought one made by remington)

I saw that in Target a few weeks back, and I almost picked it up! I can't stand shaving! I love the feel the first day or two, but the irritation is just too much, so I only shave once in a while!

Do you like the Remington shaver?

Epilators are always effective, but they aren't the least painful thing in the world.

Epilators are always effective, but they aren't the least painful thing in the world.

No they aren't, in fact I often wondered if they might not be an effective tool in play......there really isn't anything with effective hair removal that is painless, there are varying levels of pain associated with it, I had hundreds of hours of electrolysis done on my face and it isn't always pleasant, laser is not painless and waxing or epilation, that rips hair out from the root, most definitely isn't (I used to do full body waxings and I had significant hair, and while once the endorphins kicked in it was tolerable, along with taking several advil, it was brutal enough that I would run a fever after doing it).

There could be one alternative, but I don't have the foggiest notion how it would work on the genital region, there is a product (that is prescription, but I bet you could get it over the net) called Vaniqa that supposedly suppresses hair growth. I don't have any information on it and I am not recommending it and I don't know what it would do on the genital region, maybe someone else has experienced it.

hi there

I tried many things over the years...waxing, shaving you name it and was never very happy with the results. I bought the "nono" a while back an it does the trick for me, its easy, almost painless an no cuts, nicks or stubble after a day or two. Its small an easy to take on holiday but you wont need it as your smooth for for a few weeks an the longer you use it the more effective it is. Hope this helps.

Hey! Sorry went out of town with hubby for the weekend! Sounds like great ideas & you def. Opened my eyes on laser. I'm going to look up the magic wand today.

Laser is the best thing I have ever done for my crotch! (hitachi magic wand is the second so that's how much I love laser)
I used to shave, get bumps, cuts, ingrowns. Then waxing for about 6 mo. (by a professional) it hurts like hell, the ingrowns were worse, and I'd be sore for days after the wax, then wait for new growth before ripping it out again.

Save some money, go without fancy coffee for a while or something. It's worth it!

Ok looked up magic wand. Looks fun but I don't get how it can help with hair. Except I wont care if I have hair because I wont be needing the hubby anymore!!

My wife and I get waxed by a pro all the time. To be honest I hardly feel it the only time it hurt was the first time when the hair was too long. If you go as often as you are supposed to and the person is good the pain is almost nothing... Well there is normally one spot that might sting a bit. Everyone seems to have a spot.

I have tried chemical removers.... burns like a bitch and shaving really does not get you smooth.

Happy hunting.

Take into consideration how fast your hair grows. I can get it smooth and the next day I'd have stubble.

I get waxed every 5-6 weeks. It isn't the most pleasant thing to do, and it's not the worst thing i've ever put my body through! I take a couple ibuprofen beforehand and it's done before I know it. My hair has begun to grow back slower and is coming in finer than it had before - this is a real plus for me!

It took me a couple of people before I found my current esthetician, but i'm really happy I did. I'm super comfortable with her, she does a great job and is nothing short of professional each time.

I encourage you to try it out - even you're scared! You won't be sorry once you feel the results!

Ok looked up magic wand. Looks fun but I don't get how it can help with hair. Except I wont care if I have hair because I wont be needing the hubby anymore!!

The Hitachi Magic Wand doesn't help with hair removal. Kitten was saying the Magic Wand and waxing are the two best things she's ever done for her pelvic region. The Wand produces amazing sensations orgasms, and the waxing obviously results in lasting smoothness.

I also highly recommend both, personally. The Magic Wand + attachments is like the best toy a person could ever have (which is why it's still wildly popular with like 99% of the people who have tried it decades after its introduction), and waxing is one of the best forms of hair removal, in my experience. If you're going to go the waxing route, you definitely need to find someone who is very skilled and give it three tries. It usually gets much less painful after once or twice. As for cost, pay for a skilled pro to do it 2-3 times and pay attention to their techniques.

Once you're comfy with the procedure/techniques, you can wax at home fairly easily and inexpensively with a competent helper and professional supplies (a warmer, salon-quality strip or hard wax can be obtained at like Sally Beauty Supply; you can get muslin strips of fabric and wooden/popsicle sticks, baby powder, oil and even Bactine-type stuff [which is an antiseptic and topical anesthetic] elsewhere cheaper).

That competent helper (my husband is my person) is not usually necessary for areas like the face or legs, but is absolutely critical if you want to do a good job removing pubic or underarm hair without dying from extreme pain! When it comes to sensitive and/or poorly visualized areas, it's just too damn hard to prep the skin, apply the wax in the direction of the hair growth in the correct area, pull the skin taut, remove the strip/wax in the opposite direction and then apply pressure with the fingertips to ease the pain without help! However, it's pretty quick and easy to do all of that with an extra set of hands and eyes. When I start waxing again, I'll go to a pro (I got a great deal for a brazillian wax on Groupon or Living Social a while back; both of those sites also have deals on laser hair removal fairly often, if you'd like to do that) once or twice, and then have my hubby maintain it every 6-8 weeks. :cool: My husband's "training" consisted of me guiding him through the steps (I have a friend who's an experienced home waxer and was happy to give me all of her best tips), showing him a tutorial video or two and then guiding him through the process as we were doing it.

Waxing isn't so scary, hon, just make sure you get it done by a good technician. Overall, I find it less uncomfortable than anything else, as the pain is short lived. Make sure you pay attention to aftercare. When you don't, the results are less than attractive!

Smooth

I also am one who uses waxing...the results are very smooth and the process is very bearable...

Try using conditioner as your shave gel/cream. It's a lot slicker then shaving creams. Much less friction.

I'm working myself up to waxing, but in the meantime, is that nono hair removing thingy that came out a while ago actually any good? Seems too good to be true!

I give myself a full wax, but take a couple days to get it all done. It hurts like a fucking bitch, but once it's over getting eaten out feels sooooo good.

Back