Laurel is considering a bisexual category!

Should Lit add a bisexual story category?

  • Yes! a Bisexual category for MMF and FFM!

    Votes: 151 59.4%
  • Yes! TWO categories, one for MMF and one for FFM!

    Votes: 83 32.7%
  • Naw, Lit is just fine as is.

    Votes: 20 7.9%

  • Total voters
    254
  • Poll closed .
Seriously, this is why we need a specific category for genderqueers and others. Something like an "uhh..." category, or maybe just "???" :D

Oh god no please, :eek: then what will we do with crossdressing bisexual kinky genderqueer characters? Life is so hard already!
 
Oh god no please, :eek: then what will we do with crossdressing bisexual kinky genderqueer characters? Life is so hard already!

I changed my mind. What I really want is a "crossdressing bisexual kinky genderqueer" category. It'd only have like five stories in it, but damn would they be awesome stories :D
 
I put them on livejournal. My entire friendslist is bisexual, genderfluid, kinky.

See, that helps.

I myself am still trying here, not on my blog (yet) because I don't really have readers there (yet), but Kuro has been forced to publish elsewhere. But not for reasons that this category would fix. :rolleyes:

I'm still hoping the bisexual category will end up including some queer stuff. Maybe not yours, but we know where to find those. :)

I changed my mind. What I really want is a "crossdressing bisexual kinky genderqueer" category. It'd only have like five stories in it, but damn would they be awesome stories :D

lol, perv. :devil:
 
FOR a new Bi-Sex category

First and foremost I thank the admin within Literotica for Totally Superior management of this exquisite site. I'm certain they agree it's an impossible task to even try to make Some of the members happy Some of the time. You are magic in my book! CUDOs. I can't imagine how most of these sexually explicit stories can fit Only One category. I'd also vote for another story site's practice of listing "multiple categories" to give full credit and greater exposure to the better authors. But that's another subject.

I for one feel the GROUP category is extremely broad, and cumbersome to navigate to any specific avenue of "group" interest. Group to me implies More than 3 participants - like a group grope, swinging/swapping couples, gangbaners, etc.... But even MMF or FFM isn't assurance that Bi- interaction is eminent. In my thinking for olden days for this once-straight-guy, it would always imply the single gender would receive double the attention. With today's freely discussed spirits, it Might refer to some limited same gender familiarity - and I'm totally OK with any and all of it.

I personally hope (and voted FOR) a Bi- category evolves from this forum, if only as a TEST or trial period. I personally feel it will generate an abundance of new interest ... And unfortunately a few new "directed wannabe Do-gooders" who think they need to point fingers at their vision of "bad people". I can't agree with their opinion ... And that's my opinion. As long as nobody gets hurt, no children are involved and it's even quasi-consensual it's OK by me.
 
That's because the bi guys who write make their stories fully gay and have the girl as a voyeur to not offend anyone. I've changed a few stories to fit that censorship for that reason. However, I'd love to include MMF in a bi story the way I originally intended. There are lots of male bisexual writers who do the same. Also, there are quite a lot of bisexual male readers who would rather read MMF stories then just the gay category.

So ya, I vote a bisexual category, but I'd like there to be some kind of identifier for MMF or FFM stories, not necessarily 2 new story categories.
I agree that a Bi- category adds more value than creating added confusion. I would also promote a site feature to allow "multiple" categories. Only in the short, really short, stroke story is one single category possible. I like your thinking. Wold be interesting to follow your ... Thoughts, efforts, writing.
 
survey says....

I vote HELL yes, and the author can add mff,ffm, or whatever to the heading to make it of interest to all.
I like all types of stories but if in the mood for a bi story I would like to find one fast and have it classified. Just my opinion.Thx Stella your the best, Jim
 
I do have a question I don't think has been covered yet. We have been referring to FFM or MMF, but what about a bigger group? Suppose we have twenty people, and the action is mostly FM, but there is also some FFM or even MMF. Would this be Group Sex or would it go in the bisexual category? At what point would it go from Group to Bisexual?
 
I do have a question I don't think has been covered yet. We have been referring to FFM or MMF, but what about a bigger group? Suppose we have twenty people, and the action is mostly FM, but there is also some FFM or even MMF. Would this be Group Sex or would it go in the bisexual category? At what point would it go from Group to Bisexual?
For most readers, that would be at the point when two men *gasp!* touch each other. :rolleyes:
 
For most readers, that would be at the point when two men *gasp!* touch each other. :rolleyes:

OH MY GAWWWWD THAT'S SO SCANDELICIOUS

Okay yeah I'll be in my bunk. I'm up for a bisexual category. Heck, I'd go for that bisexual genderfluid kinky category but eh I've realized my reading material of choice isn't necessarily going to be found on Lit anyway.
 
I vote: Fine as it is

Guess we are talking about adding the 51st+ shades of grey?

I'm guess I'm never sure just what will turn my crank sometimes, so maybe just let the author lead me into the unknown via the somewhat broader categories--I like surprises. :eek::rolleyes:
 
I'm new here, but I thought I would post anyways. I like the idea of a bisexual category, where you can include all the bi stuff...That would be cool.
 
Re: poll

yes; for women who want women
women who like bi- men
men who like bi women
men who like bi men
 
To me, the categories are for finding what you want to read about, and it can be difficult to find bi stories buried in Group Sex or Loving Wives or Gay Male. MMF seems more difficult than FFM, just because of volume. But the same thing could be said for a lot of sub-topics. That's why I like tags, or the old (and I'm going to date myself here) habit from a.s.s.m and rec.arts.erotica of putting, e.g., (ff, ffm, s/m) or something in the subject. Made it easy to filter.

I also have sympathy with the point of view that telling readers what's going to happen up front ruins the plot and tension. And that reducing stories to a list of the specific sex acts ignores the actual "story" aspects. It's a tough question.

Overall I think that a bi category would be useful, and leave it to authors to indicate if it's FFM, MMF or some imaginative combination.
 
I missed the vote but being bi i would like to see a mmf ffm catagory. I look for that in stories; But its not my only interest. Ive read numerous comments and i think its the them that is important here because there are many different ways the them can go as BTTap states. If we can have the catagory then the specifics can be previewed by the author.
 
I'm new here, but I thought I would post anyways. I like the idea of a bisexual category, where you can include all the bi stuff...That would be cool.
I agree !!!Could work well for the bi people and those that are not sure !!
 
Think it would be good

There are issues that pertain mainly to bisexuals. It would be good to have a forum where they could go and discuss those things. Right now, I go into the gay forum for bi and it seems things get lost in the gay and lesbian postings. Maybe it is just me and where I am right now. It just would be nice to have someone who understands and can relate to talk to. It just seems like you have to be straight or gay or nothing. I am attracted to women but sometimes get in these oral/anal fixations that go unresolved.
 
Somehow I saw this thread just now. But I will still give input.

Generally, a bisexual story category isn't entirely a bad idea. I know I would check it for new entries quite regularly.
But if its about two men or two women, it's basically a gay or lesbian story. And if a character has sex scenes with both men and women, it's almost always a group sex story.
Bisexual visibility is all nice and well, but in this case I really don't feel discriminated when I have to browse the gay and lesbian categories.

In this situation, I think the story tags are actually much more useful to find something to your tastes than a story category. Because there's also the huge load of other categories like BDSM, horror, nonhuman, novels, fantasy, masturbation, and transsexual where you could also have a number of bisexual stories.

So I would rather focus on story tags than making a new category.
But I would have some suggestion for an improvement of the tags:
# How about enabling the checking and unchecking of multiple story categories? Now I could check the bisexual tag but either get all the categories listed or just one at a time. Being able to have three or four listed at once would be more user friendly.
# Also, allowing for the results list for the tags to be sorted by vote score or read score instead of only by date.
 
It's great that the powers-that-be are considering this, but I fully understand the difficulty regarding how to truly define what constitutes "bisexual" activity, particularly in the case of men doing "non-straight" stuff. I've been gleaning the site over the last few years for what my definition of male bi activity is. My first criteria is: Will this make the homophobes go apeshit (as has been mentioned before). If so, it gets included.

Given this criteria, stories where no second man is even mentioned have made it on my list. This subsequently includes such activity as a woman using a strap-on or dildo on a man, or a man eating cum (his own, in this case).

If all stories where two or more women get it on get put into a category of their own, then about 90% of Group and about 60% of Loving Wives would end up there. But there's practically no complaint about those stories, so maybe FFM is okay as is...

Then there would be the situation where the story contains both FFM and MMF. Where should it go? Technically, I suppose it should end up where it would "offend" the least number of people.

And then we get into the subject of tags. The unfortunate matter is, a vast majority of the authors out there don't really understand how tags are intended to work, so many of the tagged descriptions don't actually describe the action contained within. And even when the author does get the purpose behind them, with the tags appearing at the end of the story, you don't get the benefit of them until after the story has been read. I do understand that they're meant to help in searches, but many of the tags I've seen wouldn't be any help at all, because they don't actually describe the story's content. I don't know what the solution to that is, but with more descriptive tags, and at the beginning of the story instead of the end, it might be easier for some readers to know before they get the chance to be offended by the story, what kind of action is contained within, and may mitigate the need for a separate category for the sticky situation (no pun intended) of bisexual stories.

And then there are the people who seem to look for stories containing content they won't care for, just so they can intentionally be offended by it...

Sorry for the long diatribe, but while a bisexual category would be a good thing, I also understand why there hasn't been one yet...
 
Back
Top