My Zombie Shelter (open to everyone)

When Mallory told me about Abby and Romeo, I nodded my head. It was sad they were abandoned, but I understood. I had seen many, many dogs on the streets through the small towns on my way here. They had once been someone's pets, but by now were pretty much feral. I hadn't seen any horses, though. I was glad Mallory had them.

"Do you have any medical training besides CPR? I'm probably going to need an extra set of hands in the exam room. You can put Max in a stall or in another room but I can't have him contaminating a sterile environment with a human patient," I told him authoritatively. I hoped he understood it wasn't personal but just a precaution.

I nodded my head, looking towards an empty stall. There was some hay on the stall floor already. Interesting to note the Germans mostly used hay back in the day for bedding down their dogs. I wondered if Max might remember the time when he was a pup with his mom and brothers and sisters.

"Yeah," I answered her, "I've had some training in the navy. Combat lifesaver course, basic battlefield surgery, that kind of thing. I can start an IV and run a suture, and I can put on one hell of a tourniquet."

I lead Max over to the stall. I looked around and saw a small dish. Perhaps it was a spare bowl for Abby. "Mind if I borrow this?" I asked Mallory as I took it and used my Camelbak tube to fill it with water. I sat the water bowl in the stall with Max and closed the gate. He stared at me for a good moment. He turned and lapped some water and then laid down.

I turned back to Mallory. I realized I probably looked like hell. I hadn't shaved since leaving the compound about 2 days ago. My haircut was still pretty much high and tight, though. I had taken an opportunity prior to trying to fix up Pandora to wash as much of the grime and stink off me as I could. My poor, old tactical vest was really beginning to show the signs of wear even more now. I unbuckled it and pulled it and my backpack off and set them down near a saddle stand. I took off my sheriff's office issued shirt. These things were the greatest, ever. They were made by 5.11 Tactical, and the cloth was heavy enough to keep a bit of chill off but not so heavy that you sweated to death.

So, I stood there in my old, faded (once navy blue, now kinda bluish) tee shirt with its faded, yellow NAVY on the back and the number 2 on the left chest.

"Alright," I said to her, "let's do the damn thing."
 
“Alright let’s do it,” I said as he put Max away. I secured the garage door with the padlocks on each side and then pushed open the door that separated my clinic from the barn and headed down the hall to the OR. It was the only room with a table big enough to lay out a person on it.

“You need to wash up before you help me with her, and if you want I can loan you some scrubs, we always kept a stockpile here,” I looked Mike up and down once to gauge his size and pulled the appropriate one out of one of the cabinets with a pair for myself. I noted how he was still in relatively good shape although he looked like he had lost some of what used to be built up muscle. My imagination filled in what he must have looked like in a Sherrif’s uniform and it was a nice picture, a very nice picture. Damnit, I need to focus and get him out of the same room for a minute.

“Everything is hooked up to a well and a filter so my water still runs. There’s a shower stall in the bathroom next door if you want to rinse off, though I don’t have soap anymore,” I handed him the blue scrubs and realized he still had his M4 on his back.

“You can leave that by the door if you want,” I told him. I realized how bossy I sounded but this was my clinic and having rules helped me feel in control in an otherwise completely uncontrollable situation.

I pulled my hair out of it’s ponytail and shook it a little before gathering it, wrapping it in a tight bun, and securing it again. Mike went to go check out the bathroom and I slipped off my t shirt and put on my scrub shirt. Next went my boots, I put my knife on the counter by the sink and undressed down to black bikini underwear before pulling on the light blue pants and slipping on a pair of tennis shoes. I only had a few pairs left now; I had traded most of the ones that didn’t fit me for food and other things.

I washed quickly in the large sink, all the way up my arms. I pulled off the girl’s long t shirt and realized she was completely naked underneath. I started systematically washing each of her limbs before putting her in scrubs too. I didn’t want her to catch a chill on the cold stainless table.

I had just finished taking her blood pressure and inserted the IV and hooked up the large bag of fluid when Mike came back. I set the antiseptic and cotton on the table, ”Wash your hands really good and then clean all those cuts on her feet,” I paused,” please.”

Usually in a situation like this I was all business, my techs never heard me say please when I was in the OR. I was usually too focused but for some reason I felt the need for pleasantries, perhaps because I had rarely seen other live people for awhile now and Mike really did seem like a decent person who didn’t mean me any harm, he was a cop after all…well, sort of.
When he was done with her feet I inspected his work, partially because I always checked everything anyone else did with a patient but also to see if she needed stitches. She didn’t so I gave him some clean gauze and he wrapped her feet up to keep the cuts clean. He did a pretty good job too I noticed.

“She’s going to have to stay here until she wakes up, she has a fever and probably a slight infection, I’m going to take blood and see if I can get the diagnostic machine to run it. What’s her name?” I asked as I grabbed a couple of vials and prepared to take the blood.

I was assuming she had been traveling with their little group but then remembered Randy said that someone had worked her over so maybe they didn’t know her. Everything went much faster with Mike’s help and we were done in less than an hour.

“If she doesn’t wake up soon I will have to cath her, but I hope she does so she can eat something. Did you want me to give Max a check up?” I was already in scrubs so I might as well finish my doctoring. I couldn’t help but check him out again as he stood there, he looked a few years older than I was but he was a good looking man, even with his scruff coming in like it was. I wondered if he had been checking me out earlier.

Keep your mind on the medicine, I reminded myself and dropped my gaze.

“Hey, I have something for you,” I told him. I ran up to the front desk area and pulled a box out of one of the deep file drawers. In my old life I had been what you would have considered a “health nut” and always kept things at the clinic to snack on during the day, I also had a penchant for ordering in bulk, I only went grocery shopping three times a year for pantry items just like my mom always did too. I was down to my last box of Clif bars, I had saved them because they were high energy and my favorite flavor, chocolate chip and peanut butter. I grabbed three and headed back to where Mike was waiting.

“Consider it a thank you for helping,” I offered him two of the bars and unwrapped my own. My instincts told me he probably hadn’t eaten lately.

(OOC, I switched to 1st person because everyone else is writing first person...)
 
Everyone was doing their thing with the surgery and getting themselves acquainted with one another. Because I had kept quiet this whole time people didn't seem to notice me. That's how I passed myself; I tended to stay in the background and work and do things and not take credit. When the perimeter was secured and the garage was locked and people started to wash up I stole myself away to a high vantage point above them and kept a look out. Those motorcycle men had me worried. There was a large number of them and I wondered why they would be searching here in this area. Maybe for supplies or maybe to hunt us. We didn't know. Checking over my rifle, there was one round in the chamber and the safety was on, stock slow and cradled in both hands as I kept my backpack on my shoulders in case rapid movement was needed. I could hear everyone down below, but didn't want to but in to their plans.
 
Following him a few steps, she cleared her throat to stop him, "Sorry, but I've been using that pool to store the meat...it might be a little funky to use as a bath," she explained, pulling the deer carcass out from under the rocks to show him. "The river isn't very fast flowing, and I found using the rock for my weapons kept them well within range."

Dropping the deer back into the pool, she placed the rocks back on top of it. She headed for the tree line, stopping to call back for a moment. "You were standing on a nice overhang, I had planned on using that to sleep in. Judging by the water line marks, it should be high enough even if it rains. But," she laughed, looking up to the sky with a shrug, "I can't see that happening." If it did rain, it would have to be flash flooding and a sudden storm front, which usually had some indicators.

"I'll fetch some firewood, take your time..." she finished, taking a look at his body as he prepared for his dip.

She would return after around ten minutes with a nice arm full of small and medium sized sticks, plus one larger branch. And made her way to the overhang she had spoken of, it was sort of like a cave, but was mainly open on three sides. It was better than setting up in the open.

About twenty minutes later and she would have a fire going, the crackling of slightly damp sticks inviting him back.

"Did you want to do the honors?" she said, walking back to watch him, indicating the deer.
 
I was in a state between consciousness and unconsciousness. I could hear everyone talking and felt myself being stripped. I couldn't move my arms to keep my weapons or modesty. I felt the cold of a stainless table, and then I was wearing something. A sharp pain in my arm almost brought me around, but not quite enough. I heard everyone leave the room. Uncertain of my fate and where I was and what drugs I was being given. I tried to speak but a gurgle was all I could manage.

I lay there hoping I was safe from...all I had been through.
 
I had managed to get the worst of the dirt and grime off of my hands, arms and face, although I was far from clean. At one point I had just layed on the edge of the rock Olivia had been sunning on and pressed my face in the water. It was dangerous, and foolish, but I had figured that if she had really meant to do me any harm, she had passed up a good opportunity at the station where I first saw her. The water had felt cool and refreshing and as I lifted my face out and smothed back my dripping hair, I closed my eyes and reveled in the afternoon sun on my face. I gave myself the once over,noticing that most of the cuts and bruises that riddled my chest and side were starting to heal. I pressed my fingers int o my ribs, and although they were still a bit tender from my fall down the stairs at the compound, they now only mildly ached.

I looked back and saw that Olivia had a nice little fire going underneath the ledge that she had mentioned staying under for the night. Although it was high enough, and easily defendable, I thought about the house that I had searched earlier and the F-150 that was waiting for me in the driveway. There were beds there and maybe even some clothes that would fit me. I had figured us to be about a mile maybe two away, but if we humped it after we ate, I thought we could make it there before nightfall.

"Did you want to do the honors?" she said pointing to the pool where the carcass was submerged.

"Sure." I said smiling. "I'm thinking back straps would hit the spot right now."

I grabbed my knife from its sheath and waded into the cool water. She had left the hide on which was a good thing. It would help pretect the meat and keep anything like sand or dirt from getting on it. I grabbed the hide and started started cutting down the spine, using the water to rinse the hair off of my knife. In a little while I had the long tender meat off of the deer and rinsed in the water. I carried it back up to Olivia with a satisfied grin on my face. It had been a while since the last time I had butchered a deer, and it felt good tobe doing something that was well withing my comfort zone. I cut a small twig with my knife and then threaded it through the meat. I laid it across a section of the fire that had burn to coals on the rocks she had laid around it., and then took a seat so that I could turn it every so often.

"So about tonight...there's a house a couple of miles from here that I had scoped out earlier. I figure after we eat, if we keep moving we could make it there before nightfall. There are beds and some canned goods, as well as a truck in the driveway that we could use to catch up with my buddy Mike." I paused a moment to try and gauge what she may be thinking. "If you are interested in joining a group."
 
Sitting down with her back against the wall of the small cave, Olivia took some of the venison and copied Randy's method of feeding it onto a stick. They would cook away, getting turned slowly as the smell drifted through the camp. It was quite an intoxicating smell, and it made her mouth water just waiting for them to be ready. A couple of minutes more and it would be ready!

"I'm all for joining a group, I've been alone for at least two months now..." she explained, motioning for him to make a comfortable seat out of some large river rocks that lay nearby. Her rifle was leaning against the wall beside her, and her bow sat at her side on the ground.

"I could do with sleeping somewhere comfortable, I had been living in an attic the past few weeks...not the most enjoyable of conditions."

She didn't let on that she had taken a peak at him during his wash, enough to note all the scars. That would be a conversation for later on.

"How have you survived this long?" she asked, picking up her meat to see if it was cooked enough. It was a broad question, and didn't require specific answers.
 
Randy sat there chewing and thinking about her question. Part of him had wondered the same thing so many times. Before he had found the compound, he had spent the bulk of his time hiding, or sneaking around from place to place, mostly just searching for food. Right after things had went to shit he had hooked up with a small group, but they eventually turned into a mixed band of scared and deranged lunatics. He had killed, fought, scratched, pawed and stolen from whoever, whatever he had needed just to get by, holding on to the memory of Fiona and his unborn son Ethan to keep what he thought was left of his sanity.

"By doing whatever it took." he finally said simply. "Sometimes I have a hard time remembering who or what I was before...the outbreak."

He took another bite of the meat and inhaled deeply. It felt good to be here, safe for the moment, with food and water readily available. He looked at Olivia wondering what her story was. She didn't appear that old, so he wondered what her life had been like before, when things were...normal.

"What about you? You said you spent time in an attic, had you been there since the outbreak? That's a long time to be cooped up."
 
"Oh hell no, I couldn't stand being in there all that time."

Olivia spent a few good minutes simply eating and thinking of how she had survived for so long. It was luck and clear thinking mostly. And staying quiet and away from towns, up until the last few weeks of course.

Clearing her throat, she glanced up at Randy before staring back into the fire. Should she even tell him all of this stuff? But what harm could come from him learning her sad story. Everyone had them these days. Nobody had been spared the loss of something, or someone.

"My mother was bitten by a patient in the emergency room, we got a call from her just minutes before she died. She was the only reason we managed to get out of town before it all went to hell." Her voice stuck in her throat as she spoke about her mother.

"I picked my brother up, and headed to the hunting hut we use in summer."

It had taken a week for their father to get back from the mines, the drive itself taking up three days. He had arrived home to find the house empty, and their pick up gone. With little hunting gear left, he had tried the hut, hoping to find his family.

"We just stayed in the mountains until now."

That was when her brother had been bitten by a snake, he had only died a month or two ago. Her father, his demise was even more recent.
 
"I'm sorry." I said looking at her, and I was. "What about your brother? Did you two get separated? I'm sure that after we all rest a bit, I can hook up with Mike and the Doc. to let them know the plan and then we can look for him."

I almost regretted offering it as soon as the words had left my mouth. Why would I want to head out, and risk my life for some dude that I didn't even know? Still, as I thought about it, the one thing that very few of us had left in the world was family. I had lost mine, and then lost it again, and now was separated for the closest thing to a brother I had ever known. I guess that's why I offered. If I could help somone get a member of their family back, then I might start feeling like there was enough of me left buried beneath the sadness and anger to deserve to have one of my own again.

"We would need to stock up some ammo and shit like that, but we could head out in a couple of days if you wanted."
 
Giving a faint smile, more one that showed that she appreciated his thoughts on finding her lost family, she shook her head softly. The meat was almost gone and she felt as though her stomach would be satisfied for one night, but perhaps just a few little bits of fruit for dessert wouldn't go astray. Sifting through her backpack, she pulled out a small can (200g) of peaches and started to use the small can opener to remove the lid. Setting it down, she offered him some, before taking another bite off the stick.

"Don't worry about my family, I'll be the last to join them if an afterlife exists..."

She started into the flames for a long time, before speaking up again.

"My brother was bitten by a snake of all things a month back, there wasn't much I could do, but at least he died a human death. My father, well..." she paused, wondering how to say something without appearing cold.

"He didn't deal very well, and ended up just walking off without any supplies or weapon. I followed him into the town, but didn't see any sign of him from there on in. I get the feeling he just broke, but he was always a really strong guy. A miner. So it surprised me. Still...he was my Dad."
 
I finished my skewer of meat about the same time as she finished her story. I wanted to tell her how sorry I was, and maybe even offer some words of encouragement, but as I ran them over in my head I thought about how hollow they might sound. After all, was everything going to be ok? Would we go on and find a way to build something that resembled the lives we knew before? Were our loved ones in a better place?

Instead, I just give a slight nod and muttered,"Sorry."

I took the tip of my knife and stabbed one of the peaches she offered. I closed my eyes and let out an audible "mmmm" as the sweetness of the light syrup they had been packed in rolled over my tongue. I leaned back against the rock wall of the ledge and just sat there, remembering a time when I had picked fresh peaches from an orchard that wasn't far from the house Fiona and I had bought. It had been a while since I had eaten anything that I hadn't needed to kill and then clean, and the notion that fruit from a can could be such a luxury, actually made me smile at the rediculousness of the notion. God I missed life...in the old days.

"That was great. Thank you." I said sitting back up.

I looked around us and then back at Olivia, before my eyes settled on her bow. I hadn't shot for a couple of years, but when I was a teenager, I had developed quite a fondness for archery. As my shooting skills steadily increased, I had needed to find something to add a bit more challenge to the hunting trips that I took with my dad and uncle. I found it, in bow hunting.

"You mind?" I asked pointing to her bow. "I haven't shot in a while, I've kind of missed it."
 
My eyes fluttered open and I looked around. I was in some kind of medical facility, hooked up to unknown drugs. The last thing I remember was that chic offering medical help and telling her to fuck off.

I was dressed in some medical grab and I could tell some of my wounds had been bandaged, and there was an odd taste in my mouth probably from the meds I was getting.

Even though I didn't know where I was, or who I was with, I felt oddly safe and more importantly for the first time in forever I wasn't hungry or thirsty. The stress of my living nightmare over the last year finally took it's toll, and my eyes closed, soon I was fast asleep.
 
After I scrubbed up, and I helped clean up our unconscious guest, I realized just how tired I was. I had been going pretty much non-stop since the incident with Pandora back at the gas station. Randy and I had put down a few zombies. And then, with the excitement of meeting somone new, I guess it just takes it out of you.

Killing dead things was hard work.


“Consider it a thank you for helping,” I offered him two of the bars and unwrapped my own. My instincts told me he probably hadn’t eaten lately.

I took the bar and and thanked her. She suddenly looked very sexy with her hair up in a bun. She was indeed a pretty girl. I opened the package and took a bite as I looked around.

"Nice place," I told her. "I really wasn't expecting to see some real semblance of civilization anywhere, anymore." I finished off the bar and put the other in one of my pants' cargo pockets.

"So," I asked, "what are the chances of a shower or something similar?"
 
Last edited:
"Of course not," Olivia replied after an obviously awkward pause, the look on her face as she handed over the bow (albeit with only the single arrow for him to use) said it all. Who minded handing over a weapon of all things during these times, but considering their brief chatting, she would risk it.

But god help him if he broke something.

((OOC: I'll be away until the 8th of April. I'm happy with Olivia tagging along with Randy until they meet up with the group. As long as its nothing too severe I'll look forward to RPing again when I get back!))
 
I lifted the bow from her hands and started looking it over. It was a Mathews; probably Z7 from what I could tell. It was a split limb design with that familiar large cam on the lower limb. It was scarred up a bit, but most bows got that way with use and the Mossy Oak camo pattern embossed on it was still bright and perfect. It had a Whisker Biscuit rest and what looked to be TruGlo sights, a typical hunting rig.

I had always wanted one of these, but could never afford it. New, they were way more expensive that my enitire hunting set up and that was before you added the accessories. I wondered where she may have found it, and if I might luck on to one in our travels. She had handed me a carbon arow, but not a release. I wasn't sure whether or not she had one and I had given up shooting with just my fingers when I was a kid. I stood, nocked the arrow and pulled back on the string, coming to full draw. The draw length was too short for me and it was a little light in draw weight, but then again, it wasn't my bow and I didn't figure on it becoming mine anytime soon. It felt great to hold it there though. The eighty percent let off made standing there comfortable and the short axle to axle length made it easily menuverable for game that was moving. I released the bow slowly and then removed the arrow. I handed them both back to her with a smile.

"Quite a setup you have there. That is one fine fucking weapon."
 
I woke up after sleeping for a spell. I had learned to sleep in short spurts and to move around to avoid those hunting for me, as well as the roamers. I was still hooked up to some medical equipment, and I couldn't hear a sound.

I sat up and began looking around for a weapon. I found some medical tools, nothing that would kill a roamer, but would definitely hurt a person. I put my ear to the for and didn't hear any of the unearthly moans they made when hunting for food. I opened the door a crack and saw a dark hallway.

I squatted down, and called out hello...
 
Watching to make sure he didn't spin around at the last moment and fire at her, Olivia breathed a sigh of relief, the tension obvious as she reclaimed the bow. It was a fine instrument, like a medium level violin, it's hum much more deadly but no less impressive. Resting it back beside her, she stamped out the fire. They didn't need it for warmth nor to cook more meat. To indulge much more would be gluttony considering their situation. Her stomach growled still, and she finished off a few more peaches before passing him the rest of the can.

"Let's get moving, my legs are starting to fall asleep just sitting here."

Standing up, she headed off ahead of him, but only enough for him to get a good view of her backside as she leaned down to pick up the rest of the venison. Hoisting it onto her shoulder, the weight enough to feel but not enough to complain about, she waited.

"How far off is this house? A bed would be an indulgence I wouldn't turn down."

She didn't specifically specify that if he offered his bed she wouldn't turn it down, but the wording did leave one to wonder.

Before she had left behind her life of school and cheering, and competing, she hadn't been shy when it came to guys. In fact, if anyone was to meet up with her that knew her back then, they might bring up a story of how she had 'taken' her boyfriend off another girl, only to invite her into their bed also...she was a little odd that way.
 
I couldn't help but smile as I watched her walking away, bow in one hand and the deer slung over her shoulder. The sway in her hips reminded me of an old country song I used to listen to, "...I hate to see her go, but love to watch her leave." The soaked carcass had drenched her shirt making the back of it nearly transparent and once again I thought about how she looked splayed out on that rock a little while ago.

"I'd say a couple miles from here. If we follow this creek a ways I think we will run right into the development I found it in. Hopefully, no one else has found it and we can have a decentplace to sleep...I miss sleep."

We walked for a while and though the terrain varied greatly in such a short distance, it still wasn't that bad of a walk. About a mile and half of walking and we came up on a waterfall. The water would be freezing, but I needed a shower something fierce, and since we wouldn't need to hunt for food, I could think about cleaning up a bit.

"When we get settled, I may have to come back here and get a shower. Lord knows I could use one." I said breaking the silence for the first time since we left. "You need me to help carry that for a while?" I asked pointing to the deer.
 
The short hike had been relatively easy, but carrying her rifle, bow, backpack and the deer carcass had made it more trying. With a smile and nod, she moved over and offered the venison to Randy without complaint. With her shoulder resting up against his for a brief moment, she couldn't help but not look him in the eyes. If anything she hoped he might just miss that split second she took her time.

"Cheers, it was getting a tad heavy," she thanked, hoisting her rifle up to equal out the change in weight.

The waterfall was pretty, and if it was close by and the house lacked power then it would be a calming and refreshing alternative to a hot shower. Hell, she'd just washed in a river...so what was the difference beyond adding a massage from the jet of water.

"Did you want to take a short break to shower now? I don't mind watch..err...keeping an eye out for walkers or creeps."

Her pause had stopped her from simply saying 'watching', in relation to his showering, but it was obvious by her change of wording that she had not been thinking of simply keeping the area secure. She decided to leave the decision up to him. Either way she would be happy to follow.
 
I couldn't help but smile. It seemed that Olivia was getting very comfortable with the thought of having me around. The lingering touch of our shoulders, coupled with the obvious slip of her tongue told me that She may be interested in just traveling together, and I was ok with that. The last day or so had been indescribable. Losing Pandora, meeting all these new people, Mike and I separating, all of these things had left me reeling and looking for a little stability anywhere I could find. Add to that the fact the Olivia was incredibly good looking and seemed to share the same survival attitude as me, and she was almost impossible to resist.

"Well..." I started. "I think we better make it to the house, and find a place to stash the rest of this deer." I said motioning to the now stiff carcass slung over my shoulder.

"This thing is a hundred pounds of walker bait that we are carrying around, so the sooner we get it someplace secure, the better off we will be."

I turned to face her, and then took a couple of steps forward so that I was right in front of her. I had the sun at my back, and being a bit taller than her, she had to look up at me. I took a moment or two to weigh the pros and cons of something starting between us. She was young, beautiful, spirited, and probably deadly. Yet, there was something about her that felt familiar, and safe. Like she was a missing piece in the ever changing puzzle that was me, or at least the guy I used to be, years ago.

"But after that, we could come back here and wash...I mean watch each other's backs while we shower. Hopefully I can find some clean clothes and a few toiletries, and make myself feel human again."

I turned and started walking and didn't wait for her to respond. I figured I would give her some space in case I had totally misread the situation and she wanted to kick me in the balls. I figured that one way or another, I would know soon enough.
 
"Hello", I called out again. Oh God please don't let them dead I prayed knowing that if they were my last chance to keep my promise had died too. I crept down the dark hallway dragging the IV stand with me.

I opened each door and just found one room after another devoidnof life. Three quarters of the way down, my legs began to give out, the disappointment overwhelming me. I fell to the floor and gut wrenching tears poured from my body.
 
Letting him step in so close, Olivia caught the breath in her throat before looking up. He was blocking out the sun, but it also meant she could not see the expression on his face. He was just a black outline over some firm shoulders and more than alluring body. He had posed some very decent points, but she also wanted to simply have her way with him, and she doubted that he was protest. But, emotions were what got people killed out here, and they could wait. She could wait.

"Very good point, Randy, you'll teach me how to survive a few more days at this rate!"

Heading away from him, she wondered just how long she would be able to wait. When she wanted something, or someone, then very rarely was she ever disappointed.

"So, what is your group like? Will they be okay without you for the night?" she asked, not looking back at him, instead just chatting as they walked.
 
I chuckled a bit at her question, "Will they be ok..." I had never thought about it in that light before. I had never given a moment's thought to whther or not the group could make it without me, because well, I guess I just assumed they could. We hadn't been together for very long although it seemed like years, but in reality it had been less than a week. I had no doubt that Mike would be fine. After all, he was a survivor, battle hardened and trained to persevere regardless of the obstacle in front of him. Pan was dead, and other than me that was it for the group as far as I knew. Alli had disappeared into thin air and we never did see the asshole with the strobe that had caused me and Pandora to meet in the first place. So as far as I knew, the group consisted of a soldier, and me; an asshole that would do whatever it took to survive out of spite.

"Yeah, I think they'll be fine. Mike is a former SEAL turned cop, and one of the most squared away men I have ever met. His dog Max is a loyal and fearsome companion that will have his back at every turn. Other than that, I don't even know the rest of them. The naked chick just popped up out of nowhere, and the same goes for Michael, although I'm still not sure what his intentions are. The vet, Melonie or something like that came barreling into town in a truck, but other than the fact that she had a nice a..."

I stopped myself before I stuck my foot in my mouth. Olivia and I seemed to be hitting it off and I liked it. I decided that maybe I should try to act a bit more civilized, at least for me.

"Anyway, she supposedly has supplies and provisions back at her clinic, so Mike and her said they would take the naked chick back there and patch her up. I had something I needed to take care of, so I decided to hang back and said I would meet up with them later. I figured I would see if i could find you and ask you if you wanted to join with us. You know, saftey in numbers and all that."
 
Back
Top