Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we know that the P-Meister is always big pimpin.

I have to say Pmann, the colored laces make me wince--and I've never been much of a fan of the white, or light colored shoes on men. Do you often dress as Bagger Vance, is this a fetish thing?

I decided to get the young hip opinion on the shoes and showed them to my 17 year old son and his friend. I will not repeat what they said, but let's just say, it was a no.

Do you wear socks with these shoes?

And I have to defend RS's denim jacket. Vogue, and Glamour just did articles on the resurgence of the denim jacket for Fall 2013. And they are being offered by a lot of the trendier stores. Most of them are a more updated moto style, less the boxy ones from the 80s, but as long as she isn't rockin the denim tuxedo--she is on trend for this fall. Just sayin, (and since I don't have one, I'm not biased either way).
 
Last edited:
Pmann,

Huggy Bear called and he is asking to get his pimpin' shit-kickers back. He asked you make sure the laces are all there, something about how there is a pair for each of his feather boas.

He said no rush on the technicolor raincoat - sun be shinin' where he be pimpin' bitches.
 
Snipped from a 2012 article on Fall 2013 fashion by Emily Holt in Vogue

Sure, it can be argued it never went away. Walk in at any time to a store like Levi’s and you’re almost guaranteed to find one on the racks. But rarely has the denim staple been seen on the backs of women who are also shopping at Céline, Marni, or Givenchy. Now, stylish girls are throwing indigo cotton over designer silk dresses for parties, layering them on top of tighter-fitting biker jackets (because, as Wainwright points out, “a jean jacket is not actually warm”), and generally wearing them in a way that communicates a certain thoughtfulness. Witness model Ruby Aldridge fresh off the runway. Whereas a few seasons ago the denim component of the model-off-duty equation was ripped cutoffs, now it’s more akin to Aldridge’s intact light wash jacket, thrown over a form-fitting striped dress and sculptural high-heel booties with cleanly pulled-back hair. Or look at Oroma Elewa, who buttoned up a dark denim number like a shirt and wore it with a black pencil skirt, sophisticated sandals, and a super ladylike fur-trimmed coat. The jacket adds just the right amount of youthfulness to a very adult look.

And Glamour ran a "Find Your Body's Best Jean Jacket" article in April 2013 but I couldn't get in that one since I'm not a subscriber.
 
Now now...let's not all jump on the hatewagon for Pmann's, er, style choices.

I humbly suggest a different reason for Pmann's Pimpin Paraphernalia. These reasons could be something simple like a bad reaction to shellfish, or something complex like inadequate ventilation from when he burns plastic.

Why Pmann would be burning plastic is another topic altogether.

See? It could be a multitude of external reasons affecting logic, reason and taste.

On that note, RS, denim always works. ;)
 
The man makes the shoes, pmann. I'd wear those wing tips out dancing (modulo the laces, although it is Veteran's Day here). I prefer them without brogue too (and not long wing, either). I can't tell if those have a leather sole, but if they do then I'd most definately be proud to wear them on the dance floor. I *know* there wouldn't be a dry pair of panties in the place, although there's only one pair that really matters.
 
Oh ppl! Not you too! I had expected more! :eek:

I have a pair of cream-white full quill ostrich cowboy boots that I wear dancing, too. Jealous women shoot dagger stares at my wife when I'm twirling her. I'm telling you, cream gets women's pulses racing (present company excepted, apparently). She gets the cream at the end of the night, if you know what I mean. :cattail: *snicker*

Now what I'd love to get is a great pair of two-tones. It's too bad this pair of vintage shoes is size 11.
 
As I said, at the end of the night it's only one woman's cream that matters. ;) Lets see yours, Mrs. I-Aint-Got-No-Cool-Shoes?
 
I can admit I have some horrendous shoes and boots. For instance, I have these:



I also wish I had those legs--sadly I don't. I posted these boots in the playground a long time ago but the pic was gone, and they are currently still packed away or I would have posted me in them.

The thing is, I know they are tacky as hell but I love them anyway. :D

And I don't wear them for prostitution, appropriate as that would be, I wear them out with skinny jeans and a great big black sweater.

I posted a thread in the Author's Hangout. I feel very brave. lol
 
Okay assholes, I have to respond to ye now.

Saucy- yes I wear socks with them. Of course. And, I don't wear two coloured laces with them. I wear them just with the red laces. When I purchased them, that is how they were laced.

Teen Wolf- I said you looked sexy as hell in that jacket. I'm not denying you looked good. But, you could wear TOMs and your look good. *shivers* However, you seemed to hold back the little fact that you also own a jean jacket with cut off sleeves.

sleeveless-jean-jacket.jpg


Pplwatching- They are not leather soles, though I typically prefer them. They are a pretty stiff fit (heehee). I prefer leather bottomed dress shoes to anything else. I am pretty loyal to about three brands. These are Cole Haan. I have just been getting into this particular brand again. I've owned 4 or 5 pair of theirs in the past, but all ended up failing me at some point. And they are relatively pricey shoes, normally about $150-200 a pair. However, I decided recently to give them another try and I'm thankful I did. They are absolutely class. Their quality has gone up tremendously.

Now my favourite shoe brand is Allen Edmonds. I find them to be absolutely fantastic and they are American made, which is a plus. However, they just hanged ownership, so we shall see if their quality remains the same. I am sure you are all on the edge of your seats. I'll update you as I find out!!!!

And don't let Teen Wolf fool you, she does have a few pair of very sexy shoes. She's quite the fashionable fucker.

Ed- wing tips will always be in style. For. Ev. Er.

Emerson- Whilst I am pretty hardcore and I DO strike many as pimplike, I can assure you these shoes are simply my good taste.

The End.
 
I do--I just haven't packed up all the summer stuff yet to transition to my Winter wardrobe. I can't wait to wear them. I have a boot fetish.

I've owned lots of shoes. As Rainshine implies, everything from gay to on gay pride parade fucking another gay pride parade in the arse. However, I have never owned boots. Some guys wear them well. Not me.
 
pmann, i love ya dude, but you're so embarrassingly wrong i want to gouge out my eyes on your behalf.

ed
 
You just haven't found the right boot then. Cheap boots look cheap. You may need a custom pair, but a good boot is classy on any man.

I envy my wife's ability to find inexpensive shoes. She's not a fasionista or shoe goddess, but she has a sixth sense. Good mens shoes (and boots) are expensive and rarely on sale. I had a pair of boots stolen once and had to file an insurance claim to replace them (along with other things). I got them when I was young and didn't have kids sucking my bank account dry.

I am okay with a synthetic sole for daily wear, especially if I am travelling to wetter climates that are not sympathetic to leather soles. I am fortunate that I live in a dry climate. I flew into Buffalo once wearing better shoes than the weather and the salt tore them up. Lesson learned. For dancing it's definately leather soles. Nothing compares.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top