The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what they mean by 'based off of in some way'...
BUT
The back end database of Access is, basically, SQLServer, which uses SQL (and T-SQL).
Access itself is really just a front end way of talking to the database.
Its certainly not bad to learn, in and of itself, but you would also be well served by learning the SQL part of it. If nothing else, it'll let you do things MUCH faster.
Let Access handle displaying the data. You write the queries.

That's probably what they meant.

And yeah, part of this weeks assignments was query creation, including several different modifiers. My first thought, being the naive person I am, was that I would just use the Query Wizard and set them bitches up.

Wrong.

But all is good, I got them set up manually without any issues.

That's probably what they meant.

And yeah, part of this weeks assignments was query creation, including several different modifiers. My first thought, being the naive person I am, was that I would just use the Query Wizard and set them bitches up.

Wrong.

But all is good, I got them set up manually without any issues.

Well, if you find yourself stuck or anything, let me know. I've been working in databases for quite some time (mostly oracle, but some SQLServer...and basic SQL is pretty much the same across the board...)

Well, if you find yourself stuck or anything, let me know. I've been working in databases for quite some time (mostly oracle, but some SQLServer...and basic SQL is pretty much the same across the board...)

Will do, thanks. It is fun to figure things out, just every once in a while have found that point that makes me scratch my head as to why its designed as such.

Will do, thanks. It is fun to figure things out, just every once in a while have found that point that makes me scratch my head as to why its designed as such.

I can't speak much to Access, but the relational data model can get confusing at times, and seem stupidly awkward. But, apparently, the math supports it
laughing
And as annoying as it can be, it can be very powerful

But yes, figuring things out on your own is almost always the preferred way

pain pain go away, ... no.. theres no more to that song..

LT: well that was an interesting read.

As always, I remain amazed at people's ability to project their own shit onto other people and then blame said 'other people' for having that shit, and the blame said 'other people' for reacting poorly to the entire situation.
(or, in short, I remain amazed that adults haven't grown since high school)

LT ~ Well, that's a good few shades darker than I was expecting...oh well, I think I kinda like it...it is rather witchy :D

If you say you're going to pick her up and take her to her game then at least you can be on time. Now she'll be a half hour later than call time. Way to go. Ugh.

LLT: At least I wrote two responses this weekend and hope to write at least one more, but for now I must get ready so I can skip off to the kid's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back