Hunter? Or Hunted? ((closed to Siaklynn))

LoganDarkHolme

Lone Wolf
Joined
Dec 18, 2007
Posts
9,378
detail.jpg

Name: Marius Morganti
Age: 674

Almost two years, Who would have ever guessed, whispers over the century’s, fairy tales, old wives tales of things that go bump in the night, creatures of legend, suddenly the spot light of humanity. Marius sighed and tossed the magazine down on his desk. The Headline reading “Vampire Fashion, Hidden secrets of the worlds hottest looks” pathetic. Vampires, were-creatures, things once thought as only myth finally recognized and granted the same rights as humans. The Constitution of the American nation amended . Marius shook his head, rubbing his eyes gently. Bout fucking time, No longer did they need to hide in the shadows, Not that he cared, He’d been in this country for century’s, seen the changes over time. Peoples fear of things they never understand was still rampant. People still hunted them and killed them. Mostly in secret as it was now considered murder without a warrant, but that didn’t stop people. But then, his people weren’t doing their best to keep themselves out of trouble.

No, Revenants, ghouls, rogue zombies risen by those with power still ran rampant, But not in his town, no, After nearly two years Marius had risen quickly to power, at nearly 700 years old and a Master Vampire he had the Power to take over and did. Now the New Master of the City of Chicago having murdered the old one in a Duel, yes a duel, as in old country 20 paces turn a shoot kinda dual. But throw in meta-physical strength, speed and powers and It was MMA the likes of which have never been seen. Marius stood up, moving to the mirrored Windows over looking the club floor and Bar area of his club. “The Silver Fang” Yea ok so it wasn’t that original of a name. but it was turning into one of the hottest night clubs in town. And was one of numerous clubs, businesses and property’s he owned.

Marius stood their, his arms crossed over his chest as he watched everyone dancing, his keen eyesight watching everyone, humans and vampires tucked away in dark corners, Willing blood donors offering themselves wanting to experience what it was like to be bitten by a blood sucker, just another night. Turning he moved to his office door, opening it the bouncer stiffened to attention. He had to say this, Were-jaguars were good body guards, fast, strong, they were better then the humans he’d hired. They were harder to seduce and distract. Standing at only a modest 5ft 10inchs Marius was shadowed by the 6 and a half ft guard, but he wasn’t worried Turning on his heel he made his way out to the dance floor to mingle
 
Last edited:
Desdemona Flores

Vampires, demons, and any threatening creature the human world believed to be a myth Desdemona Flores has hunted and killed in order to keep the thin veil of myth and reality intact and humanity protected. The Flores families are protectors, hunters, those born into the bloodline chosen randomly by The Fates to keep the balance between good and evil. There are other hunting families, but the Flores family been the first; therefore, more influential and powerful.

As colonies grew across the ocean in the Americas members of the Flores family were sent to live in the new lands. In the 1850s the family migrated from the east coast to Chicago tracking the elusive more powerful vampire leaders. Using the family wealth businesses within the meat and shipping industries were started and the family’s fortunate grew as did their ties to the community. The Flores family first settled into a large home, which is now known as Bedford Park about thirty minutes outside of Chicago. Later as an investment a six story building within Chicago near Grant Park was purchased. These days the entire sixth floor is Desdemona’s home while other family members live on the other floors.

It was at the age of four Desdemona’s destiny was chosen when she exhibited the strength and agility of a hunter. She’d been the first in a generation chosen from her father’s direct lineage. When Desdemona was five years old Marcos and Anita Flores said good-bye to their daughter sending her to live with the family elders in Spain. There she was taught the history of the Vampires and her family’s history as hunters. She was trained to fight and educated by a private tutor until the age of fifteen when she returned Chicago with a guardian charged with the duty to help guide her as she began her duties as a hunter. Family and school were second and third priorities in her life, but as a determined young woman, she managed to complete her education and go onto college. As a teenager the double life left little room for socializing outside of her family, so she often kept to herself when among her peers. Other factors were her Spanish accent, despite the fact she spoke perfect English, and her inability to relate to those her own age.

Julian Villa-Flores, a strong warrior and scholar, was her appointed guardian. Strict and fair and always encouraging had been one of her instructors as a child. As their relationship grew closer the elders knew he was to be her guardian. Two days after Desdemona’s eighteenth birthday Julian was murdered. They had been gathering intel on one of the oldest Vampires in the city, Reginald De Luca; kingpin of the underground. The mob was his front; every crime family worked for him and no one crossed him. He had several aliases with legitimate businesses and foundations connected to them. An elusive benefactor and only a select few gained an audience. Julian had warned her not to provoke him; research and observation were their only objectives. She was a too young and inexperienced hunter. The obstinate young woman refused to heed the advice and when she discovered he was residing in the lower levels of Monroe Towers, one of his business skyscrapers, she was determined to assassinate him.

It hadn’t taken her much effort to slip into the building or even to find her way two floors below the parking garage. She’d managed to quietly make her way through the hallways leaving a trail of bodies. Little had she’d known Julian followed inside and was taken prisoner the minute he stepped foot in elevator. De Luca had been aware of her presence the moment she stepped out of the elevator and he allowed her to find her way to his audience chamber. What she found when she slipped through the doors was Julian already beaten and tied to a high back chair with De Luca standing beside him, a cruel grin on his lips. That night she fought, but was overcome and made to witness the slow death of her guardian. After a night to endless torture, the aged Vampire spared her life, her strength and spirit had impressed him and he challenged her to try again, but warned that their next meeting will end in her death. In the cold dawn hours she was left in an alley three blocks away.

That summer before she attended college she was ordered to Spain, disciplined by The Elders and assigned a new guardian, Rosalyn Gonzalez-Flores, who would remain with her until her twenty-first birthday. Over the next ten years Desdemona has chosen her targets more carefully and concentrated on building an identity within the community. Foregoing the family’s public businesses she took a job at Chicago Weekly, a small local paper which focuses on the community, local events and entertainment venues. She even managed to have a social life though most of her relationships hadn’t lasted beyond six months; she keeps company with two friends from work, Amelia Rogers and Rick Sanders. They don’t know she’s a hunter of the supernatural, she feels it’s safer to keep it secret.

Over the years Desdemona has become a strong and feared, even respected hunter. Unfortunately, she never had the chance to face Reginald De Luca again; his ties to Chicago ended a couple of years after their encounter. His dethroning shook the underground, but the pieces were picked up by the Vampire lord who killed De Luca, he was known only as Severus. The city changed under his hand, the violence increased as did the body count and the sheer number of vampires living in the city doubled. It was difficult gathering information on Severus as he used his humans to run businesses under their names. If one wanted success and didn’t mind selling their soul then he was your prime investor.

An older more experienced Desdemona concentrated on city safety, instead of focusing solely on taking down the ruling vampire. She knew the ties that lead to him and yet, she focused on smaller battles. The memories of the night with Reginald had left their mark. The long scars across her back were more than a physical reminder. She had been waiting for the right time to go in with an army of hunters and make the city of Chicago whole. The time never came. The Vampires stepped out from the shadows and soon after another Vampire Lord came into power, Marius Morganti.

It has been two years since The Reveal took place, it is what her family calls the day the Vampires revealed their existence and the rest of the supernatural world. Much her family’s surprise most of the world has accepted that the myths are walking among them and as a result the dead were given the same rights as the living. With the dynamics of the world changed Desdemona has been forced to become more creative when hunting. Revenants, where still open targets as were any other unholy creature. The unregistered Vampires choosing to live life as if nothing had changed remained targets, but the ones who had decided to run businesses or become involved in the community are more difficult targets. They cover the trails of their illegal dealings; their long years of experience makes them good at this, but sooner or later when one forgets to tie up a loose end she’ll be there to deliver justice.

----------------------------------

Tonight’s patrol of the alleyways and streets had so far proven to be quiet and safe. Standing on the roof deck of her home she looks out over the city, it was early, only 11pm; plenty of time for evil to present itself. On the table to her left is a copy of the Chicago Tribune with the headline, “Vigilante Suspected in Murder of Jacob Howard” these headlines were typical these days. Many journalists were in the pockets of one vampire or another, hired to write puff pieces, so the citizens can feel more comfortable about these bloodsucking parasites living among them. What the writer fails to mention is that Howard was being investigated for his involvement in human trafficking. One of her contacts within the Chicago police department tipped her off and it took only minor digging to discover the allegations were true. One less vampire scum threatening the human race and she is the villain.

The headlines didn’t bother her as much as what was left out. The real crime was pretending that the Vampires could be trusted. There were plenty of humans delusional enough to offer themselves as food hoping that perhaps one day their master will give them immortality. The real truth is a Vampire rarely changes their food source, but even if you were to reveal that fact to them they’d still be desperate enough to take that chance. The night she killed Jacob Howard she also had to track down and kill four Renfields, humans bound to Jacob and went crazy once the bond was severed by his death. These are consequences most of the world refuses to acknowledge because they continue to romanticize the creatures.

Leaving her home she takes to the streets on her motorcycle speeding through the allies and side streets before finally parking on a street around the corner from the vampire owned club The Silver Fang, a hot spot for all the wannabes and those hoping to meet a benefactor. The place was the networking heart of the city’s nightlife and run by Marius Morganti, the most recent vampire lord to run the city of Chicago’s underground. Desdemona has been watching him since his rise to power, so far on the surface he’d followed all the laws put in place, but that didn’t mean he was hiding illegal activity. Besides, he was a vampire and by default her prey. They’ve had several interactions, but no serious altercations, she is biding her time. Unlike De Luca, she will not fail in eventually ending Morganti’s hold on the city.

Tonight she’s dressed casually wearing a long sleeved black top under a brown leather jacket and sporting jeans tucked into knee high black boots, her dark brown hair pulled back in pony tail. The stakes she typically has holstered on her hips have been left in the compartment of her bike, but that doesn’t mean the hunter is unarmed. Approaching the front of the line, she smiles at the doorman known as Trent. He knows who and what she is, but rarely stops her from entering through the front as she is on the permanent guest list. Marius several month ago invited her to stop by anytime, so she made the place one of her regular stops when patrolling. “Evening, Trent.”

The doorman only grumbles as he unhooks the velvet rope to let her pass. The hunter steps across the line and through the doors entering a space buzzing with loud dance music and filled with patrons looking for a connection. There are humans and vampires alike, intermingling and pretending that this co-existence is natural. Only the vampires know who she is, but unlike the past, they do not cower in fear. This world had become too bold for her liking and yet, if she made eye contact with anyone of the younger bloodsuckers too long they tended bare their fangs before looking away. Most know better than to challenge her. The routine on the club floor appears to be business as usual. Taking up her usual place to observe at the bar the vampire hunter spies Marius standing across the room and a smile creeps across her lips, it would appear they’d play their game of words tonight.
 
Marius made his rounds, uneventful to say the least, he smiled, chatted with a few Over hormonal women who’d wanted to get a “bite” to eat. He rolled his eyes at their innuendo’s but remained Polite to them. Moving around he grabbed a Marini from his bartender then headed for the stairs to his office. It was still early in the night and he had other business to have to attend to. He’d had a meeting scheduled with one of the Local Deacons about wanting to buy land and open a Church for vampires. Marius thought the idea was just obsurd. But he’d offered to hear the plans and what this “church” was really supposed to be about.

As He reached his office door the radio piece in his ear that all the bouncers and staff had buzzed to life “ Marius…. The Girls here, thought you should know “ Marius stopped his hand on the door handle of his Office. The Hunter, curious, He’d found her attractive, with an air of menace that made lesser Vampires fear her name and her lineage, Flores, some of the Best known Vampire Hunters just shy of Van Helsing himself, Spaniards by blood, ruthless in skill. A Smile quirked his lips when he’d found out she was in his town, he thought it a game. He Allowed her access to his clubs unhindered, allowed her VIP access. Why? He liked the danger she presented. And the fact she was now bound by Human law, she couldn’t hurt him, not here, he could tease, he could confront her and the best she could do was hurl insults, it amused him.

Marius thumbed the microphone button on his collar and spoke softly, his voice a lilt with an almost forgotten French accent “Let her do as she pleases, her drinks are on zee house, and give her the private booth in the VIP area, I shall be down soon to speak with her”

Marius combed out his hair then proceeded back downstairs, with a quick scan he found her leaning against the bar, with a stride carrying an air of Dignity he moved to her and bowed slightly at the waist
“you honor me with your presence yet again Ma Petite, what brings you to my humble little club? Find you the drinks to your liking? Or is it you just wanted to come see me?” his eyes twinkled as he teased her,
 
Desdemona Flores

Desdemona waits patiently. She knows Marius is aware of her presence and that he will come out to greet her, but he never rushes; it’s all part of the game. Each time she pays The Silver Fang a visit she is offered the VIP area seating and each time she declines. The bar has a better vantage point and besides she wouldn’t want to give the resident vampire the impression she might actually be here for pleasure. A single elbow rests against the bar’s edge her fingertips dragging against the small droplets of condensation on the glass, vodka tonic with a lemon twist.

The hunter’s dark eyes sweep across the dance floor to a large VIP area corded off for a group of vampire business men. A look of judgmental disgust crosses her face as she watches three women approach to offer themselves up as living blood bags. They’re a young pretty lot barely clothed and so are given access. It’s like watching a beaten woman return to her lover; no good will become of the arrangement. She cannot understand the mindset of the human race; Hell finds its way to the surface and they throw a welcoming party.

Lifting the glass she takes a sip and smiles, Douglas the bartender never fails to go light on the tonic. Turning her head to the dance floor she spies Marius, it’s about time, straightening her posture she watches his approach. Though he disgusts her a part of her enjoys these encounters. Even when she’s threatening him the charm continues and the curious side of her wonders what he may have been like when he was still alive.

Marius greets her bowing at the waist, “You honor me with your presence yet again Ma Petite, what brings you to my humble little club? Find you the drinks to your liking? Or is it you just wanted to come see me?”

Setting the drink on the bar she offers a polite smile, but the daggers of contempt within her dark eyes cannot be hidden. “Marius, I’d tell you it’s a pleasure to see you again, but we both know I don’t lie very well.”

Stepping away from the bar she closes the distance between them to stand at his side and looks out at the dance floor. “I enjoy a drink after a night of hunting and what better place to come than my enemy’s establishment. You know the saying… keep your enemies close…so yes, I’m here to see you, my gracious host.”

Her voice drips with sarcasm and a challenge laces her next words as her gaze returns to the grouping of vampire business men, who are giving a rather public display of feeding, “You need to keep better watch on your bloodsuckers. I’m within my rights to go break up the party with a stake or two if I feel the girls are in danger of being more than a snack.”
 
Last edited:
Marius, I’d tell you it’s a pleasure to see you again, but we both know I don’t lie very well.

His chuckle was soft, but his smile never faltered, they both knew that vampires, and were-animals alike were able to tell when humans and other species lied to some extent, but alas he still found it humorous she would outright admit it, looking to Douglas he simply nodded and the bartender poured him a drink, a light red wine imported from France over hundred some years ago when he himself came to the states Marius took the glass and sipped it, his eyes unwavering as he stared at the beauty before him.

“I enjoy a drink after a night of hunting and what better place to come than my enemy’s establishment. You know the saying… keep your enemies close…so yes, I’m here to see you, my gracious host.

Marius tipped his glass and chuckled softly, the sound vibrating from his lips as if on silk, one of his gifts, the power of seduction, he could make his voice sound and feel like the finest silk and velvet as it caressed the skin, and senses of whoever he directed it at, as he sipped his wine he turned, leaning back against his bar as she did, they looked out over the crowd together

“mmm Perhaps my little hunter, you would like to come back to my office? Hmm? Where I could show you all of me, to your liking of course”

He grinned at her, he knew her answer would be the most adamant No she could muster, but it still amused him

“You need to keep better watch on your bloodsuckers. I’m within my rights to go break up the party with a stake or two if I feel the girls are in danger of being more than a snack.”

Marius glanced over to where the meeting was taking place then looked back to her with a chiding tsk-tsk on his lips “you know as well as I Ma Petite all this is legal “ Marius spread his hands as if encasing the whole of the bar in his arms “I keep my business’s above board, your precious humans are of no harm here, they are allowed to come and go. To kill zem here would be murder without a, how do you say, warrant of execution I believe it was termed?” Marius looked over to Des and smiled, taunting, challenging her “plus I have signs posted, “ he pointed to one above the bar All patrons are subject to minor vampiric powers while on this premisis to the extent of shows and magic performed while on stage, all powers are only temporary and pose no threat to long term health,

Marius was about to tease the beauty beside him when his ear piece clicked on Marius your appointment is here with a sigh he straightened from the bar “if youll excuse me my beauty, I have business to tend to, perhaps you take me up on my offer to come see me in private?” he reached out and stroked her cheek and pulled away and she went to swat at his hand, with a silken chuckle he turned and glided away heading to his office
 
Desdemona Flores

The forced truce between the hunters and the vampires grates on her instinct, but not as strongly as when she and Marius stand side by side. Their banter as always is light, but laced with tension and attraction. The hunter knows the attraction she feels is induced by the vampire; she’s perfectly aware of his gift and what keeps her desire at bay is the stronger desire to kill him. The war within is hidden behind a smile as they look out over the crowd.

“mmm Perhaps my little hunter, you would like to come back to my office? Hmm? Where I could show you all of me, to your liking of course”

Desdemona laughs and turns her head to look at Marius meeting his gaze, “Your charms may work on vampire groupies, but frankly, I like my men warm and with a beating heart.”

Reaching behind him for her drink they are a mere inch from touching and she adds, “You’re also a little old for my tastes.”

A teasing smile follows before taking a large swallow from the glass her eyes again lingering on the VIP section hosting the vampire business men. “You need to keep better watch on your bloodsuckers. I’m within my rights to go break up the party with a stake or two if I feel the girls are in danger of being more than a snack.”

Her eyes shift to observe his reaction and it is as she expected non-caring and even amused by her threat. “You know as well as I Ma Petite all this is legal.”

She watches him sweep his arm over the room in a protective gesture, “I keep my businesses above board, your precious humans are of no harm here, they are allowed to come and go. To kill zem here would be murder without a, how do you say, warrant of execution I believe it was termed?”

A sharp rise of anger bubbles beneath the surface with his dismissive nature. The day the vampire feared her kind is finished and has been reduced to this little dance.

Marius turns to meet her gaze with a wicked smile on his lips and a taunting challenge in his voice, “plus I have signs posted.”

There is silence between them as she refuses to look at the sign above the bar knowing perfectly well of the disclaimer posted; it fills her with disgust how easy these humans flock to a predators den. Like lambs they are stupidly lulled into a false sense of security.

“A few signs posted doesn’t change what you are.” She says through clenched teeth and fake smile.

Whatever words he planned to retort with are cut short as he is interrupted by a voice in his ear. “If you’ll excuse me my beauty, I have business to tend to; perhaps you take me up on my offer to come see me in private?”

The tips of his cold fingers brush against her cheek, sending a shiver down her spine and the scars on her back burn with a reminder of what his kind are capable of. Before she can swat his hand he turns away with a smug grin to leave. Desdemona watches him seething with loathing at him and herself; annoyed by how her body reacts to his vampire charms. Raising the glass to her lips she swallows the rest and sets the empty glass on the bar. It’s time to leave.

Stepping away from the bar Desdemona crosses the dance floor headed straight for the business men vampires who are feeding on the young ladies who generously and naively offered themselves up as an appetizer. A dark haired vampire with striking blue eyes looks up from his embrace with the petite blonde and offers a bloody smile. Did her status strike dread in anyone anymore? A challenging smile cross her lips as her hand drops to her hip where three stakes are kept holstered in a leather pouch and she jumps over the velvet rope divide; impulse taking over judgment. It didn’t matter that the bodyguards assigned to watch her every move were alerted the moment she took an aggressive stance. She needs to remind these unholy creatures who she is and that she won’t tolerate the disrespect.

The six vampires in the VIP section instantly throw their snacks to the side and surround the hunter daring to threaten them. Moving with a speed nearly matching a vampire’s, Desdemona pays no attention to the others; she wants the one who challenged her and it’s him she overpowers; pressing him against the couch as she straddles his lap and presses the point of her stake against his flesh. “You and your friends have had their fill; it’s time to leave. And tell them to back off or else I turn to you dust.”

She watches his rage-filled, humiliated gaze shift to his group signaling with a quick nod of his head to back off. “Good. Now leave.”

Stake still in hand she stands to her feet and takes two steps backwards watching as the vampires file out of the VIP section. The law is a tricky thing. As much as she’s bound not kill one of them, they too are bound not to kill; at least not in public. As the last one exits she turns her gaze to the crowd to find only a handful had bothered to take account of the confrontation the rest were happy to remain in their ignorant bliss. Two were-jaguars approach, one taking her by the arm, “Come with us.”

She has the option to refuse, but nothing would make this night sweeter than facing the ire of Marius for her bold actions.
 
Last edited:
Your charms may work on vampire groupies, but frankly, I like my men warm and with a beating heart. You’re also a little old for my tastes.
Marius’ laugh was pure sexual draw as his eyes twinkled with amusement, he stared down at the women, absently licking his lips, he leaned back against the bar for a minute before pushing off, the church Deacon was waiting and he had to get to this meeting, if for anything but to tell the bastard No vampire church, it was just too big a leap for them this early in the game.

“You need to keep better watch on your bloodsuckers. I’m within my rights to go break up the party with a stake or two if I feel the girls are in danger of being more than a snack.”

Marius sighed with exasperation and shook his head, his French accent growing thinker as he grew annoyed now. “No my little hunter, you will become the snack, now I must depart, I have kept my guest waiting long enough……” he reached out and stroked her cheek again before turning and walking away, looking back just long enough to throw out “ Je t'aime Ma Petite” to her before he turned and headed towards the stairs at the back of the club.

Marius had almost made it to the staircase before all hell broke loose, turning with a frown he watched as the Girl launched herself into the VIP area, with a snarl of Frustration he watched as most everyone in the club turned as the Vamp she straddled gave a vicious shout of surprise, the wash of anger that lace the club as every non human turned and started to advance on the hunter, Marius eye’s turned as black as a moonless night, glossy, like a smoked gem, and he leveled the room with the wash of his powers. Instantly wiping away the memory, sites and sounds of what was transpiring, his voice a low whisper of power through the minds of all in the club “youuuu see nothingggg” the humans eyes blanked out for an instant, before they blink and look around, now completely unaware they return to dancing, the non humans watched, but they stayed back, the wash of power around the club more then enough warning the Master was pissed, no one in his right mind would dare.

Marius snapped his fingers, with a sharp motion of his hands he signaled the bouncers to grab the girl, without question they obeyed. As he watched Des pulled from the Vampire his two guards grabbed her, non too gently, snarling in rage he waited till they cleared him and moved up the stairs to his office with Des in tow, with another breath of power Time, which had seemed to stand still for all withdrew, returning the club to its previous undisturbed state he stomped up the stairs, Slamming his office door behind he motioned to the guards who in turn unceremoniously shoved her onto the couch next to his desk.

Marius stared out the window of his office, turning he ran his hands through his hair, his power wafting from him in waves he tied his hair back, his black eyes glaring cold death at the girl

“I told you Ma Petite, TO BEHAVE, I allow you access to my clubs, and make sure you go unharassed by my patrons” Marius sat down in his chair, a low growl sounded beside him, a Leapord that had been laying beside the desk rose to sit beside him, Marius hand idly reaching down to stroke the soft fur of the cats head, even to Desdemona as he pet the cat she could see the anger, and tension flow from his body, a heavy sigh and he sat back. The leopard laying its head on his lap he continued idly stroking the cats head

“what in zee hell am I going to do with you Dezzy, you are asking for something to take a bite out of you, and you know very well even despite our differences I cant let that happen, something happens to you and I have your whole family pounding in my door wanting my head and my heart, you are starting to become a pain in my ass”
 
Desdemona Flores

The grip of the were-jaguar on her arm is tight enough to cease the circulation of blood and yet she doesn’t fight against the jolting tug to pull her away from the VIP section. Desdemona knows she crossed the line, and yet has no remorse for her actions. Marius had pushed her buttons and so she pushed back the only way she knew would raise his ire.

Stumbling across the floor as she dragged to his office and thrown down onto the couch she instantly straightens up and looks to Marius; he’s looking out the window down at the club. To say he’s angry is putting it lightly. She opens her mouth to say something, but his dark cold gaze withers the words on her lips.

“I told you Ma Petite, TO BEHAVE, I allow you access to my clubs, and make sure you go unharassed by my patrons.”

“To behave?” Desdemona narrows her eyes as him, “I am behaving exactly as my nature dictates and your patrons were out of line. If you had the ability to care you might have seen the line that vampire I stopped was crossing.”

Standing to her feet she takes a step forward, but pauses as her eyes look to the leopard that is eyeing her as a potential next meal and growls a warning. Sitting back down at the edge of couch she looks to the door and questions why she even allowed herself to be brought up.

“What in zee hell am I going to do with you Dezzy, you are asking for something to take a bite out of you, and you know very well even despite our differences I can’t let that happen, something happens to you and I have your whole family pounding in my door wanting my head and my heart, you are starting to become a pain in my ass.”

She can’t figure him out. He’s angry at her, but his warning is no threat against her life. It’s as if he’s attempting to look out for her, well she doesn’t need him as an ally.

“You’re concern is heartwarming.” Her voice laced with sarcasm, “I’m not some child; I don’t need a protector, especially in you. You and I have a truce only because the laws of this land bind us to play nice, but so help me, I won’t stand by as innocent people are in danger. Even in your club.”

Slowly Desdemona stands her feet keeping her eyes on the leopard to make sure it’s not about to pounce and then looks to Marius, “Are we finished?”
 
“To behave? I am behaving exactly as my nature dictates and your patrons were out of line. If you had the ability to care you might have seen the line that vampire I stopped was crossing.”

Marius rubbed his eyes, all pretense of humor he had displayed before gone, his face was stone, unreadable, only the hand still stroking the leopard remain unchanged, he just stared deadeye’d at Dez.

“Little hunter, what was happening down on the floor was legal, Since the passing of the Vampires are human laws offering yourself as a blood doll, or wanting to “hook up” with a vampire is not illegal, these women were under their full mental capacities and not being co-horsed into offering themselves, perhaps you should go back and reread the laws yourself.”

With a motion of his hand the leopard moved away, curling back up at the foot of the desk as Marius sat forward, Elbows on the desk he rubbed his face then looked at her

“Fine, whatever, I have some zing here I wish you to zee, since you are in a mood to want to kill…..”

Marius sat back, reaching into a drawer in his desk he pulled out 4 Vanilla folders and tossed them on the corner of his desk closest to her. Sitting back in his chair he made a motion with his hand for her to take the folders

“Despite the fact I hate you, and the thread you represent, I have an offer for you, with every zing going on and all zee problem’s I’ve been having bringing this city into control, this should be right up your ally. There have been more then a few Vampire kills around town by vampires not my own.”

He looked to her, watching her face, the leopard getting up to stretch he pads over to her, leaning his head out and sniffing her leg before nuzzling into it the big cat sat beside her watching her tail twitching slowly expecting a pat

“I do not have time to be able to chase down zee leads I need to kill these rogues, so im offering you a chance Dezdemona to…..how we say…………..have fun……I need these vamps Killed, you want these vamps killed, it looks bad for zee both of us, zee files contain locations and details of the murders and possible leads if you wish,

He sat back, stone faced and watched her
 
Last edited:
Desdemona Flores

Desdemona knew she’d crossed the line tonight, not that she’d admit to it, and perhaps the woman she claimed to be protecting wasn’t exactly in danger, but that vampire had pushed the line knowing full well she was in the club. He’d egged and she took the bait. The impulsiveness of her youth still burns hot as does her temper. The years of practically living side by side with those she was born to destroy is beginning to take its toll. The strained truce between her and Marius was stretched to its limit. She half expected them to fight.

“Little hunter, what was happening down on the floor was legal, Since the passing of the Vampires are human laws offering yourself as a blood doll, or wanting to “hook up” with a vampire is not illegal, these women were under their full mental capacities and not being co-horsed into offering themselves, perhaps you should go back and reread the laws yourself.”

Sitting with her back rigidly straight she wanted to argue, but instead she held her tongue as dark eyes watch the leopard move away from Marius to lie on the ground beside his desk.

“Fine, whatever, I have some zing here I wish you to zee, since you are in a mood to want to kill…..”

Curiosity instantly raises her interest as her attention returns to the vampire and she waits for him to continue. He sits back and he opens a drawer to pull free 4 manila folders which are unceremoniously tossed onto his desk. Her eyes fall to the folders, staring at them for several seconds before she scoots to the edge of the couch and snatches them up. Opening up the first folder she finds it to be a brief dossier on a vampire by the name of Marquez.

“Despite the fact I hate you, and the thread you represent, I have an offer for you, with every zing going on and all zee problem’s I’ve been having bringing this city into control, this should be right up your ally. There have been more than a few Vampire kills around town by vampires not my own.”

Desdemona eyes remain on the first file for a second longer before flipping briefly to the second, third and fourth. This proposition, this loose partnership is unheard of between a hunter and vampire; however times have changed and perhaps this is part of the evolution. Or perhaps it’s a trap. No guardian would advise such a partnership and any other hunter would laugh at the idea. She never has adhered to the rules or what one might call common sense. Impulsive, stubborn, foolhardy were only a few adjectives Rosalyn had used to characterize her personality. By definition you are the worse hunter to be born into the family. Those were the parting words Ros had said to her before going back to Spain.

The leopard stretching from his place on the floor goes unnoticed by Desdemona until he is nuzzling her knee which gives her a start as she looks up from the file. A small smile touches her lips and she reaches out to scratch the oversize cat on the head and behind the ear before turning her attention to Marius.

“I do not have time to be able to chase down zee leads I need to kill these rogues, so I’m offering you a chance Dezdemona to…..how we say…………..have fun……I need these vamps Killed, you want these vamps killed, it looks bad for zee both of us, zee files contain locations and details of the murders and possible leads if you wish.”

“I’ll take care of your problem and I’ll keep away from your club for a while.”

Standing up she looks at the files in her hand and then back to Marius, “I’ll let myself out.”

Reaching down she pats the leopard on the head before turning away and stepping to the door she leaves his office, quickly walking down the stairs and slipping out the back door into the alley. Folding the files in half she tucks them into the waistband at her lower back and walks to her bike. Riding through the streets the cold early morning air blows through her clothing and cools her warm skin. The evening’s events has left her mind and body restless; she’d tensed for a fight that never happened. Details from the files repeat through her mind like pieces of a puzzle waiting to be connected. She didn’t mind that it was Marius who gave her the assignments despite being her enemy he’s also been accommodating and respectful. She hated to admit it, but he did have the city’s best interest in mind, it was good for business.

Pulling into the underground garage of her home she secures the gate and sets the alarm before taking the elevator and punches in the access code to the top floor, which opens directly into her apartment. Walking into the living room she sheds her leather jacket draping it across the back of an oversize, overstuffed red armchair on her way to the bedroom. Tossing the files on her bed she undresses leaving a trail of clothes to the bathroom; several minutes later she emerges dressed in only a thin cotton tank top and boyshorts. Desdemona scoops up the files on her way back to the living room and walks to the far end taking to a spiral staircase, which leads to the roof deck, opening the door a rush of cold damp air chills her skin and she shivers. A few steps away is a shed that looks as if it houses the building’s air conditioning unit, which it does, but it also serves as a secret room where she can freely display her research, weapons and many family volumes of history and hunter’s lore. The door is accessible by authorized family member’s hand printers which are identified when touching the door handle. Once inside automatic lights flick on and she sets the files at the desk.

There’s no way she’ll be able to sleep, so why even try? Sitting down at the desk she turns on the computer and pulls up her email. One advantage to working as a journalist is she wasn’t required to show up daily to the office as long as she gave a heads up to her editor. The files were answers to a slew of murders the police were keeping off the radar; it appeared no one wanted to upset the thinly veiled balance between vampires and humankind. Pinning the contents of the files to a large white board Desdemona begins her own assessment of the information. There are four targets and she knows they’re connected to each other. She hadn’t wanted to speculate her suspicions to Marius, but it appears as if an announced coven has moved into the city. The vampire in the third file Alastair Dewhurst strikes a familiar chord when it comes to his victims. Three adult women ages 26, 33 and 38, bodies nearly torn to shreds beneath their bloody clothing. All of them were discovered in their homes in their beds positioned as if they were sleeping.
 
Last edited:
“I’ll take care of your problem, and I’ll keep away from your club for a while, I’ll let myself out.”

Marius relaxed back into his chair, steeping his fingers together he knew she would take the files, the change in her body, the sudden increase of her heartbeat in anticipation, he smiled to himself as he watched her ass sway out the door, with a motion of his hand the guard closed the door. Sighing he sat forward, looking to the leopard sniffing around the couch and licking where she’d sat and he shook his head

“You know what is in those files Micah, and what or who she may face, go, keep an eye on her, protect her, anything gets out of hand you know how to get a hold of me”

The Leopard turned, eyes blinking before the form shifted. Sitting back Micah nodded “as you wish Marius, “ turning the leopard turned man twirled and walked from his office, again Marius let go a deep sigh, rubbing his eyes in irritation, he knew she was young but he had thought better of her then for her to haul off and attack his customers, oh well, youth, it was wasted now-a-days. Rising to stand Marius glanced at his watch, it was nearly 5am, the sun would be rising soon, Marius stared out the windows overlooking the dance area, the staff was cleaning up still, just putting up the stools and chairs.

Leaving his office he forwarded his calls to voicemail and headed for the underground area, the basement of the bar, renovated as a large apartment he made his way to his bedroom, tossing his shirt into the hamper he smiled as he opened his door. His Pomme-de-sange was asleep in his bed. A Female Tiger shifter, skin the color of fine chocolate, emerald eyes, and raven hair, she awoke as he closed the door, her lithe body arching as she stretched, Marius smiled “im sorry Rayven, I didn’t mean to wake you” she just smiled, looking to the clock she knew that her shift was soon to start, daytime record keeper/bodyguard for him

Marius crawled into the bed, pressing himself to her as he kissed, his fangs elongated as the scent of her skin, of her blood called to him, Rayven wrapped her arms around his neck, sighing softly as she tilted her head back, giving silent consent as marius fangs sank into her throat, a soft moan from her as he fed. Minutes only he pulled from her, his eyes closed as he smiled, he moved and laid beside her, as the sun crested its peak Marius body Died for the day

++++++++++++++++++++

Micah Slung his leg over his bike as he felt his Master die for the day he tugged on his Helmet. Thumbing the starter the bike gave a throaty growl as it revved then settled into a deep rumbling purr as it idled. Micah had scent marked the girl when she scratched him, when he brushed against her, making her easier to find. But the Information Marius gave him was helpful too, thumbing the GPS control on his motorcycles dash he input her address, deciding it would be best to ditch the bike a block or two away and sneak in in his fur. The sun was just starting to rise when Micah arrived at her address, the sun peaking over the tree’s he shifted back into his leopard form and crept onto her property. Getting a simple layout of the building he sniffed around. She was home, her scent was fresh, looking up from the shadows of the woodline he watched for moment, finally spotting her in a window on the 6th floor he muttered about people wanting to live so high up.
 
Desdemona Flores

An hour of researching public records of the murders hadn’t turned up any details beyond what was in the files Marius gave her, in fact she had more information; she has names and locations. Leaning back in her chair she wants to know how much the police know, which would mean contacting her friend Lou, perhaps friend was a mild word; they are more partners in keeping the city safe. He’s known about her being a hunter since the night he found her in the alleyway Reginald’s lackeys had left her. She had convinced him to take her to her family instead of the hospital and not to file a report on the incident. That night she pulled him into a world he hadn’t known existed and she knows a part of him has always resented her for it, even after the vampires came out of hiding.

It was too early to call Lou or to do much else. Rubbing her eyes she straightens up and decides to make some tea before trying to get a few hours of sleep. Pushing the door open she shivers against the cool dawn air the horizon just barely glowing with the rise of the sun. As she walks across the roof the door to the shed closes behind her and automatically locks. Once inside she travels the winding staircase to the kitchen and turns on the stove burner. Grabbing the tea kettle she fills it with water and sets it down on the flame.

Walking across the living room as she waits she grabs a throw blanket from the couch and wraps it around her shoulders before stepping to the thermostat and turning on the heat. Looking at the window she stares at the ocean in the distance. There is an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach something telling her that danger isn’t far away, and the decision to work with Marius is only part of the danger.

Little is she aware that while standing by the window she has been discovered and being watched by Marius’ leopard shifter Micah down on the sidewalk. Now that he’s found her he walks around the building looking for a way to the roof and finds the fire escape in the alleyway. One quick jump and he pulls down the ladder climbing up to the first level moving silently as not to attract attention of anyone living on the other floors. Reaching the top stoop Micah shifts back into leopard form and leaps onto the roof deck padding around the area, sniffing and looking for a way to get Desdemona’s attention.

Turning away from the window she steps to the armchair where she left her jacket and discards the blanket as she picks it up and reaches into the inside pocket to retrieve her phone. As she pulls up Lou’s number the tea kettle whistles, so she returns to the kitchen setting the phone down to make a mug of Oolong tea. While the tea steeps she opens the fridge grabs a wrapped bowl of cut fruit then sits on a stool at the kitchen’s bar. Stretching over the bar she reaches for her phone and texts “Breakfast?” before pressing send. Picking up the mug she blows on the steaming liquid about to take a sip when she hears scratching. Her eyes lift, looking around the open area for the source of the noise she stares at the stairwell which leads to the roof.

Standing up from the stool she leaves her mug behind and climbs up the staircase only to see through the clear glass center of the door the face of the leopard from Marius’ office. “You have to be kidding me.”

She mumbles and watches as the leopard again scratches at the side of the door. Pressing her lips together she climbs the rest of the stairs and opens the door. “Let me guess… Marius sent you and even if I tell you to go you won’t?”

The leopard looks up at her and quirks his head to the side contemplating her words and nods. “That’s what I thought… well, come in and I’ll take it up with Marius on my own.”

Standing to the side she allows the leopard to enter and then follows him down the stairs. There is an annoyed edge to her voice, “Make yourself at home and try not to scratch the floor or furniture with those claws.”

As they walk into the kitchen her cell phone chimes glancing to the leopard she wonders how the hell she is going to explain this to her family. The moment one of her cousins sees the leopard questions will be asked. Sighing softly, she scoops up her phone and figures she’ll worry about it later. The text is from Lou confirming breakfast. “Same time, same place” Looking at the clock she has a few hours, so she might as well get some sleep. Leaving the tea and fruit untouched Desdemona turns around and walks to the bedroom, telling her new friend, “I’m going to get some sleep… you behave.”

Four hours later…

Desdemona crawls out of bed feeling groggy she needed to find some time to get more than a few hours of sleep. She didn’t give any thought about her new housemate as she sheds her clothes and walks naked into the bathroom leaving the door open. A few seconds later the shower is running. Six minutes pass and Desdemona climbs out of the shower toweling the water from her body before wrapping her hair up in the same towel and walking into her bedroom to get dressed.

Walking out of the bedroom she is caught off guard by a large leopard draped across the back of her couch. “Oh!” she exclaims and then quickly covers the surprise with a laugh, “I almost forgot about you. Well, I’m guessing you’ll be my shadow so let’s go… we have a breakfast date.”

Grabbing her phone and jacket before walking to the elevator door she presses the call button and slides the jacket on. The doors open with a ding and she steps inside pressing the basement button. “I’m meeting a friend at Carlos’ on Main for breakfast. I don’t have a side car on my bike, so you’ll have to find your way and something tells me that won’t be a problem.”

Stepping into the cold parking basement the echo of dripping water catches her attention and she makes a mental note to have Armando the family plumber come by. Walking to her bike she snatches up the helmet and glances to the leopard, “See you in a bit.”

Starting up the bike she hits the gate opener and drives through as soon as it’s cracked open enough to fit. Speeding down the street she drives between the stopped cars of morning traffic and short cuts through an alley until she’s on Main Street and parks in front of the diner. She can see Lou through the window sitting at their usual booth, dressed for work, sipping coffee and reading the newspaper. Leaving her helmet with her bike she walks inside and waves to Mario in the kitchen and smiles at Jen behind the register. Sliding into the booth she reaches for the coffee carafe and pours dark brown liquid into the awaiting mug. “Detective.”

“Desi.” Folding the paper down the middle aged man with black hair peppered with gray and pale blue eyes stares at her for a long moment. “You look terrible.”

The hunter smiles and leans back into the booth, “Thanks, it was a long night.”

“Anything I should know?”

“Actually, I think we can help each other.” Leaning forward her hands cup the mug of coffee, “What do you know about the string of murders by the docks over the last few weeks and more notably about the three women who were found in their beds dead and bloody though laid as if they were peacefully sleeping?”

Folding the paper and setting it aside his face grows serious as he reaches for his mug and speaks in hushed tones, “How do you know those details? We’ve kept specifics from the press. You’re a digger, but that kind of information is classified.”

“I made a deal with the devil.” Sipping the coffee she watches Lou look at her curiously. “Marius Morganti gave me files on four vampires who are responsible for those murders. They’re not under his rule… they’re new in town, acting out on their own and he asked me take care of them.”

At that moment Rosa approaches with two plates, “Steak and eggs for the detective and eggs over easy on wheat for Desi.”

“Thanks Rosa.” They say in unison.

Once the waitress is far enough away Lou harshly whispers, “I know you’re crazy, but I didn’t realize you were stupid too. Working for Marius? Isn’t that a violation of some code for your kind? What if it’s a trap?”

“You don’t think I’ve thought of that? I don’t believe it is and the reason being he wants to run his dealings for the good of the city… since he took over the underworld the violence has lessened. He’s smart about his illegal dealings and he keeps a strict hold on the vampires working for him, not allowing them to kill humans.”

“I can’t believe you’re defending him. He’s a vampire, a killer and no matter how crazy the world as gone those two things have not changed.”

Desdemona smiles it’s one of the things she likes about Lou his hatred for vampires is as strong as any hunter she’s ever met. “I’m not defending what he is, but those are straight forward facts. And I didn’t ask to have breakfast to seek your approval. I’m here to see what else you might know about these murders.”

“If you have names then you have more than we do and the case is being hushed by the captain, his orders come from the top the moment it was confirmed they were killed by a vampire.”

Looking out the window she sees that the leopard has found her location and is sitting beside her bike staring at her while she meets with her friend. “Why the sensitivity? It doesn’t make sense… vampire, human a murder of an innocent life is the same.”

“I don’t know…but someone with influence is making sure the movements down by the dock are being kept quiet.”

Desdemona nods as she picks at her breakfast, “The three women … the marks on their bodies… does it remind you of anyone?”

Lou sits back staring at his young friend, a frown pulling across his lips, “But he’s dead…. Right? That is what you said.”

“I know, I know… and those were the reports, so maybe this is a protégé? All I know is it sent a chill down my spine.”

“It’s also more a reason to be careful… or better yet, not take this on alone, if at all.”

“I’m not alone. Look out the window at my bike, see the leopard? He was sent by Marius to keep an eye on me. I have a feeling that if I run into trouble he’ll either help or he’ll go for help.”

Lou grumbles something unintelligible as he stares out the window at Micah sitting patiently beside the bike. “Or he’ll help kill you. I think you’re placing way too much trust in Marius and his overgrown cat.”

Desdemona knows she’s walking a dangerous line, but if the cops aren’t going to do anything to stop the killings then she must. “I know it’s risky, but that is the nature of my appointment… I’ll be careful.”

Lou nods and a grin cracks across his lips, “Yeah, sure you will.”

The rest of breakfast is spent on lighter topics and a promise that she will turn over information she uncovers. Their partnership had been mutually beneficial over the years. There was the typical argument over the bill and then finally a friend good-bye with a promise that she’d contact him in the next few days. Leaving the diner she returns to her bike and the big cat, smiling to the feline, “Ready to go explore the docks? I’m going to park down by the wharf and I’ll wait for you before exploring the warehouses I suspect activity.”

Starting up the bike she backs up slowly before taking to the road and heading to the wharf, specifically the fish market.
 
Micah

Micah.jpg

Micah Hanson




He'd found her home, ok, great.........sooooooooo...how to get in? now there was the challenge. It didn't take long however and Micah hit the roof shifting back into his fur and sniffed around. Awesome, he's on the roof, there had to be a maintenance hatch......ohh..a door....cool! He padded over, his ears on a swivel he caught small sounds of movements, jumping up he placed a paw on the door handle and looked into the window. It was just stairs and a hallway, but his enhanced vision allowed him to see one or two doors that appeared to be apartment entrances.

He didnt dare shift back. He didnt know the movement schedules of the tenants, or who lived there outside of her family, with a grumble he let go of the door and landed back on all four's with an annoyed growl he clawed lightly at the door. If he could get a claw between the door and the door jam he might be able to slip the lock, there was just enough space between the weather stripping. Micah didnt know how long he'd been fussing with the blasted door he was just about ready to say screw it and shift again to open the door when he caught sound, his ears swiveling forward he jumped up again and looked into the window. Crap..............

“You have to be kidding me. Let me guess… Marius sent you and even if I tell you to go you won’t?”

Micah sat on his haunches, looking up to Dez, his tail twitching behind him. His nose flared as he scented the air. He'd liked her scent since the first time she came into Marius office, He canted his head to one side and watched her. She was pissed.....it was cute. With a huff he just nodded his head at her

That’s what I thought… well, come in and I’ll take it up with Marius on my own.”

Score! Mich thought......he padded into the building, his nose easily able to follow her scent right to her door, she'd left it slightly ajar and he just paw'd at it and padded in, his tail twitched as he looked around. Homely place, large by comparison to most places in town,

“Make yourself at home and try not to scratch the floor or furniture with those claws.”

Micah snorted, his tail twitching and he fought the urge to roll his eyes at her sarcasm, he turned and batted at her couch but with his claws retracted,

“I’m going to get some sleep… you behave.”

he turned his head to look at her, ears swiveled forward he leapt up onto the back of her couch, curling up with his head on his paws he watched her, tail twitching as she moved about. Micah waiting about half n hour before he heard her breathing become steady and even, She was asleep. he leapt down from the couch and shifted back. Moving silently he picked up her phone and looked at it. Checking her messages and recent calls he saw the note from someone named Lou. Arching an interested brow he moved to her fridge, not much to drink........damn........pulling her milk from her fridge he took a drink then put it back. Silently he made his way around her apartment, looking through her books, her movies and music, his ear twitched as he heard movement, looking at his watch he'd killed 3 1/2 hours wandering her apartment and she was waking up. shit shit shit shit, shifting instantly he leapt back up onto her couch and curled up like he'd never moved.

He'd listened as she moved about in her room his tail twitched and his jaw just about hit the floor as she waked naked into his line of sight, her body was lithe, smooth curves, well rounded firm breasts, and he momentarily growled before mentally slapping himself. What really caught his attention however as she had turned around was the scars that lined her back, his head lifting he heard the water turn on. Padding to the bathroom door he peeked around the corner of the door, watching her, Marius didn't know about her scars, they looked............

Micah let that trail off, deciding for now to ignore it he curled back up on what was quickly becoming his favorite spot on the back of her couch

“I almost forgot about you. Well, I’m guessing you’ll be my shadow so let’s go… we have a breakfast date. I’m meeting a friend at Carlos’ on Main for breakfast. I don’t have a side car on my bike, so you’ll have to find your way and something tells me that won’t be a problem.”

Well she was right about that, He'd parked his bike close for just this reason. once she peeled out and took off he trotted through the bushes and shadows to his bike, making sure the coast was clear he shifted back, pulling his Helmet off his Bike, and thumbing the starter he gunned the throttle and tore after her, He knew the cafe she had mentioned, he'd eaten there a few times. With traffic it had taken him about 15 mintues, even riding at the insane speeds he'd driven weaving in and out of traffic he parked again about half a block away,

It was harder this time, in the heart of the city to find a place to shift but he ducked into an ally behind a dumpster and lurked out, finding Dez's Bike he sat beside it, tail twitching as he laid in its shadow, eyes trained at the window of the cafe and straight at Dez with the noise of the city and passerby's even with his hearing he wasn't able to listen to their conversation, with a sigh he just resigned himself to waiting, He watched as Dez looked at him, he lifted his head and rose to sit. watching as the male she was with turned and looked at him then obvious started to berate her, he just snickered.

after while Dez got up and walked out to him, looking up to her he canted his head to one side his tail twitched

“Ready to go explore the docks? I’m going to park down by the wharf and I’ll wait for you before exploring the warehouses I suspect activity.”


damn...damn...damn........he hated the docks, the smell was rancid of dead fish and poison and filth with a Sigh again he watched her Ride away, with an irritated growl he looked around and slinked back into the shadows, shifting back he walked back to his bike, cursing as he looked, he'd gotten a parking ticket, forgot about the damn parking meter..........fuck......

it took him about 10 minutes to get down to the wharfs, again he shifted, shaking out his fur he sighed and growled in irritation, there was about a mile of Wharf and warehouses, and Classic Dez had been mum on exact locations, looking around he growled it took him about another 10 minutes to locate her bike tucked away in the shadows, and another 5 to finally find her. He'd passed a Fish salesmen who had turned his back and snatched a Fish off his truck and trotted up to her with the fish in his jaws, letting it drop he made short work of it and licked his muzzle before looking up to her expectantly
 
The fish market by mid-morning was bustling with buyers looking to purchase fresh fish for their markets and restaurants the rest of the bodies were the local public looking for deals and haggling with the vendors. The smell of the market is never pleasant no matter how much bleach was spread at the close of the day the sink of rancid and rotting fish lingers in the air, soaked into the wood which is forever stained with blood. Desdemona wrinkles her nose against the smell as she walks along the wharf waiting for her new partner to appear she wonders how long it’ll take the oversized cat to find his way. In fact she finds it interesting that Marius would send a pet to be her back up there had to be something more to the oversized house cat. It was already apparent that he was more intelligent than your average leopard perhaps a result of something Marius had done. She’ll need to research or perhaps ask when she visits.

Closing on twenty-five minutes the hunter spies the leopard padding in her direction, a smile greets him followed by a laugh as she watches him swipe a fish. Following his movements as he trots up she scrunches her face in disgust as he proceeds to devour the fish. It’s not that she is squeamish, not by any means, but that was gross. Looking away waits for him to finish his snack when he’s done she begins to walk the way he came wanting to have a look-see at the warehouse located at the far end of docks.

“Don’t you dare lick me.” She mutters as he walks alongside her eyes glancing downward. “According to the file your master gave me warehouse 25 has been empty the longest and some unnamed person recently acquired a lease. It must make him incredibly nervous to have these newcomers in town. My conversation with Lou gave up some interesting details such as these murders are being hushed up by the top brass. Information such as that makes me nervous.”

Coming up on the warehouse she pauses outside the bay doors no lock installed on the outside, but the door several feet away has a keypad lock installed, so the place is wired with an alarm, a little fancy for the docks. “What do you think is so important that they rigged this place with an alarm?”

The question more thinking aloud knowing the leopard at her side is unable to answer. She continues to walk the perimeter for a possible peak inside, but all the windows are blacked out and not with your typical paint or some reflective material these windows were specially tinted black. This must be their base of operations and possible living quarters, a little unusual, but an easy location to blend into and little chance of attracting unwanted attention no matter what hour of the day there’s activity. Hacking into the alarm system isn’t a skill she possesses so they’ll have to go about this the old fashion way, stake out.

Finishing the walk around the building she notes how the only visible doors are the ones wharf side the door street side has been plastered over. One way in and out of this place unless one went through a window. Interesting and chilling, again she feels the itch of past memories and shivers against them. Standing on the wharf she looks out to the water, shading her eyes from the reflecting brightness of the sun, the dock directly in front the warehouse is empty. The most suspicious part of this area is the nature of its tidiness. The building is sleek, newly painted and there is not an ounce of clutter on the outside and its dock ship free, yet not forty feet in the other direction is an old fishing boat floating on the water, crates on the dock and then the bustle of the crowd at the fish market. There are larger cargo ships, dock workers and sound of forklifts beeping their backup warnings. Everything normal save this one place.

Spying a dockworker standing apart from the crowd holding a clipboard she approaches with the intent of asking a few questions, but before she gets too close she looks down at her feline companion. “Stay here I need to go ask a few questions.”

She orders before donning her best smile and walking up the man, “Hi, I’m Desdemona Flores from the Chicago Weekly; I’ve been assigned to write a piece to highlight the businesses and I haven’t been able to contact anyone to comment on the warehouse next door. Would you happen to know when someone might around?”

The dockworker stands a head taller, middle aged, his graying black hair covered in a beanie and the skin of his face is weathered from years in the sun, deep lines around his brown eyes. His body clothed in a dark blue button up shirt, jeans and a heavy canvas jacket. He stares at Desdemona for several seconds before looking to the warehouse then back his graveled voice answers, “The place is quiet during the day. Around quitting time there’s some movement, you might try then.”

“I appreciate the information. Any idea what they’re doing over there?”

“Nope and I don’t wanna know.” The dockworker says abruptly looking back to his clipboard indicating their conversation is over.

“Okay, thank you.”

Desdemona walks away with the feeling the man may know something he isn’t willing to divulge. Had he seen something? Or did he simply not like the creepy vibe the sleek slightly remodeled warehouse presented. Looking down at the leopard, “I’m going to head back to my apartment to pick up my car and set up for a stake out. I want to try and find out if there is any movement before the sun sets. I’ll meet you in the garage and if you promise not to scratch the vinyl I’ll let you sit in the back.”


Her bike was parked two blocks away and her apartment another mile. Hitting the gate opener from a quarter a block away she zips through the open gate and pulls up next to her first love, a 69 Ford Mustang fastback dark blue with black leather interior, but this car isn’t your stake out type of blend into the background type of car, especially at the wharf. Not to mention there is no way she’s risking putting the oversized house cat in the back seat. No, she’ll need something with more room. Two spaces down is a two door brown with white top and white vinyl interior 1973 Oldsmobile. It was her idea of playing a 1970s detective from the movies. “This is not a game, Desdemona.” She can still hear Rosalyn's thick Spanish accented voice scolding her on the day she drove it home and explained why she needed another car. Yes, this is game, a game of cat and mouse and she is the huntress.

Riding the elevator up to the top floor she exchanges keys from the green glass bowl on a table next to the elevator doors and shoves them into her jacket pocket. Walking to the far side of the room to a decorative chest she opens the lid and pulls out a duffle bag. Shutting the lid she sets the bag down and drags the zipper open checking the inventory of weapons – stakes, arrows tipped with silver and her favorite crossbow. There is also a blade in the shape of a crescent moon attached to a chain, a family heirloom passed down for centuries and an effective weapon to maim and kill from a distance. Pulling the zipper closed she hefts the bag onto her shoulder and turns a pile of mail on the coffee table catching her eye. Her cousin Marisol had taken to the task of checking her mail since she often forgot and would go a week before thinking about checking. What caught her attention is a red envelope with only her name scrawled in elegant handwriting. Snatching it up on her way out she takes the elevator down to the garage and is greeted by the leopard.

“Glad to see you made it in time. Let’s go.” She nods her head to the Oldsmobile as she walks past him and grabs the keys out of the pocket. Walking around to the trunk she opens it and drops the duffle bag inside before pressing the hood closed. Leaning her rear against the hood she opens up the red envelope to find a note scrawled in a female’s hand.

Desdemona,

As I’m sure you’re already aware Marius has ordered his leopard Micah to watch over you.
Enclosed is a permit of ownership.
Again, my master extends his gratitude for the task you’ve agreed to do for him.​

Pressing her lips together she looks at the permit and then down to the leopard sitting at her feet. “Micah is it? Nice to meet you.”

Stuffing the sheets of paper back into the envelope and walks to the driver’s side and unlocks the door holding it open and pushing the back seat forward so the animal can climb inside. “Once we get down there I’ll have you sweep the perimeter and if there’s anything suspicious you let me know.”

Climbing into the car she tosses the envelope on the dash and buckles up before starting the car; in seconds they’re driving through the streets on their way back to the wharf. Slowly rolling down a side street the back of the warehouse is visible, but unfortunately there is no clear view of the door located wharf side without illegally parking. Parallel parking between two cars she turns off the engine and steps out of the car to pull the seat forward allowing Micah room to get out. “Alright, one sweep to make sure nothing has changed since we've been gone and then back here, got it?”

Watching the leopard pad off she settles back into the car and open the glove box to pull out a pair of binoculars. Bringing them to her eyes she makes a few adjustments and watches Micah as he disappears around the corner of the building. Tonight at least one or all three of the offending vampires are going to die. This is promises.
 
Micah

“Don’t you dare lick me.”

Micah looked up at that statement, his tail twitching behind him he had to fight to keep the kitty grin off his face,…Lick her huh? Oh yea, he’d enjoy that, with a snort he turned and followed her as she walked down the long wharf, to the waters edge,

“According to the file your master gave me warehouse 25 has been empty the longest and some unnamed person recently acquired a lease. It must make him incredibly nervous to have these newcomers in town. My conversation with Lou gave up some interesting details such as these murders are being hushed up by the top brass. Information such as that makes me nervous.”

Micah had to nod in agreement, and Marius being nervous was an understatement, he was absolutely pissed off that others were trying to make the humans think twice about instating non humans vampires, shifters, and the like with human protections, and laws, but she didn’t need to know that. But the fact that the Police and brass were trying to keep the murders out of the news perked his ears, Marius and his vampires had been expecting for a few weeks that the news would hit the papers, someone had to have some serious clout to keep that under wraps.

Micah followed as they made their way down a pier to a fishing ship, in the city it was very unusually to see a wild Leopard roaming free, but in broad daylight it was down right startling, as the fisherman got one look at him the scent of fear wafted to Micahs nose. As he sat beside Des Micah felt the Vampire marks gifted to him by Marius open, allowing him to use Marius’ own powers of persuasion and hypnosis to make himself appear as nothing but a common housecat to the weak minded humans before him. It definantly had is uses as the fisherman relaxed and Des started talking to them.

As Dez finished interviewing the fisherman Micahs eyes turned back to the building, he looked up then down, inspecting the building, the windows, the placed looked wired, the keypad was unusual in itself, he would have to call Samantha, Marius Second in command and see if we could aquire the buildings blueprints or if we had someone who knew about the Security system………

“I’m going to head back to my apartment to pick up my car and set up for a stake out. I want to try and find out if there is any movement before the sun sets. I’ll meet you in the garage and if you promise not to scratch the vinyl I’ll let you sit in the back.”

Micah’s tail twitched in irritation as again he was reprimanded about her ohh soo precious car, with a snort his head lowered and he pawed at his muzzle relieving an itch that had been bugging him looking back at Des he stuck his tongue out at her then watched her walk away. Once she was out of sight he padded over to the buildings only door, sniffing at it, his muzzle scrunched up as he caught the whiff of Vampire, and there was another shifter here, Hyena…that could be a problem…… Lifting his nose he sniffed the keypad. Human scent, maybe a servant?, the oils and sweat from the scent’s owner was fresh, someone had been there here recently, from the oils and skin cells left behind Micah could easily make out what keys had been pressed, and stored that information away for tonight………

With a sigh Micah slinked into the shadows, with a groan he shifted back, Checking his watch it had been over 24 hours since he was last able to sleep and the constant shifting was beginning to wear him out, he needed rest, pulling his Cell from his pocket he hit speed dial.

“Sam, its Micah, I need a lift…………..uhh, no im leaving my bike here, incase things go south tonight………..uh huh…………yea I know……….Oh hey, Warehouse 25, pier 6, put out some feelers and see if we can find blueprints of the building’s current layout and security system, I scented at least 2 different vampires and a Were-Hyena at the sight……..uh huh……yea……..Yea a burger would be fantastic, all I had today was a fish……………oh shut up……..yea ill see you in 5”

Micah clipped his phone shut and leaned against the building, his energy was bottoming, if he was gunna be of any use to Des tonight he needed protein and sleep. Well the car ride would be about half hour and he could sleep in the car with Des until she decided to move……a soft car honk roused him from his musings and he pushed away from the wall, sliding into the backseat he curled himself up, quickling finishing the burger and fries Samantha laughed and micah flipped her the bird before falling asleep.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
45 minutes later
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Micah sat on his haunchs, at least semi revived, the power nap had done wonders, as he looked around the garage at all the different cars he smiled, there were some real classics down here, at least the Hunter had taste.

“Glad to see you made it in time. Let’s go.”

Micah rose and padded over to her, nuzzling his Muzzle against her leg and licked her hand he hopped into the back, curling up her laid down, the rumble of the engine he relaxed and yawned, he only semi heard Des speak as he drifted between sleep and wakefulness, he was roused from his slumber as the sudden silence of the car being shut off woke him, blinking his eyes he growled as he stretched and pawed at his eyes, licking his paw then cleaning his muzzle he muttered to himself about matted fur then hopped out as Des opened the door for him

“Alright, one sweep to make sure nothing has changed since we've been gone and then back here, got it?”

Micah nodded and licked her hand before trotting off, his ears on a constant swivel he made his way through the shadows, his night vision better then even in the daytime he could make out a few shapes, a boat was docked next to the warehouse, Micahs Nostrils flared, humans, there was some muttered talking, radio chatter, Micah stayed close to the building, or as close as he could get in the darkness, laying down he watched. The humans were unloading the small boat, Des had to see this…….slowly he back tracked until he was again around the corner and in Des’s line of sight, he sat down in the low light of the ally, sniffing the ground then looking to her he turned pointing his body in the direction he’d come then looked over his shoulder waiting for her to get the point
 
Marius

Marius

The sudden Rise of chest, Marius inhaled as he woke for the night, his eyes opening he stared at the ceiling, cognitive functions returning to him he felt the bed shift, rolling onto his side he smiled, Ariel, another Were-leopard was laid out beside him, beautiful raven hair, silver eyes, and naked body she cooed softly pressing her body against his, Marius wrapped his arms around her, his lips pressing to her throat, kissing softly as Ariel exhaled a moan Marius sank fangs into her throat, tasting her sweet blood rush down his throat, her energy mixing with his, strengthening him, waking him. Ariel shifted her body as Marius pressed against her, her hands on his shoulders Marius Body joined with hers and she arched with a passionate cry.

An Hour later Marius emerged from his room, Dressed in a Skin tight Leather pants that seemed painted on, and a nice white dress shirt he licked the remnants of blood from his fangs, Ariel was curled up happily asleep with a satisfied smirk on her lips, Marius made his way to his office, the club was already in full swing, sitting in his big overstuffed chair he grabbed up a clipboard and swung his chair so he could look out over the club, the Dj Deadmau 5 was in the house tonight and everyone was going nuts about it, Marius had to admit they had good Music.

Looking at the Clipboard before him he was an overview of Micah’s activitys as well as reports from other sources they’d located a secretive warehouse on the pier…hmmmm…he’d have to look into that, reaching out he Key’d the intercom and called for Samantha, looking out over the Crowd he saw her toss her cleaning rag on the bar and called a Bouncer over to Bartend for her as she made her way up to Marius.

Samantha quickly Brought Marius up to speed on the warehouse Owners, Fake names, Fake identitys, plus the Security measures installed, and Marius cursed, but shrugged, Hopefully the litte hunter lived up to her reputation
 
Last edited:
Desdemona Flores

She watches through the binoculars as Micah disappears around the corner of the warehouse; this situation gives her an uneasy feeling. The information from Marius coupled with the information she gleaned from Lou leaves her with a bad feeling. If she didn’t help neutralize this operation the city’s underground will see a shift of power and the vampires who’d taken up residence didn’t seem interested in playing nice with the humans. Not five minutes had passed when her leopard friend reappears and gives her a signal to come setting the binoculars on the passenger seat she shoves open the car door and gets out. Walking around to the back she opens the trunk and unzips the duffle bag pulling free a few stakes to shove into the holster on her hip and picks up the crescent shaped blade, securing the looped chain to her belt the blade hangs from a small hook on her belt at her lower back.

Closing the trunk she glances over her shoulder making sure the street is clear and then walks to where Micah waits. Tonight was going to be messy. “Lead the way.”

She tells her feline partner and follows quietly around the building, keeping close to the wall till they reach the edge she steps around Micah and peeks around the edge. A speed boat is docked and there are six men, human, milling close to the dock’s edge. Two men look to be preparing to board the boat while a tall, broad shouldered man relays instructions, but she’s too far away to hear the conversation. “Do you think they’re running guns? Drugs aren’t typically vampire business.”

It was a rhetorical question and she didn’t much care what business they had their hands in because their plan will end tonight. She’s about to interrupt the conversation when she hears shouting from the warehouse. “Don’t let them leave!”

The two men quickly turn to jump aboard the boat, but a hand gun is drawn from the tall man as his three partners move to grab the men. The new man is no man, his grace and swiftness marks him as a vampire, plus she has somewhat of a vampire sense, which came with the vampire hunter gig. “The shipment is useless! We don’t drink animal blood. Did you think we wouldn’t notice?”

“We were short… there is human blood in the shipment.”

“And yet you took full payment, filthy human.”

Desdemona face wrinkles in disgust. Blood? So, were they trying to sustain and keep off the radar by not killing too many humans? It would make sense and those women murdered were more ritualistic. The vampire nods to the men holding the blood dealers who then begin to drag them back to the warehouse. As the rest follow she can hear the vampire growl. “You will make up for this transgression with your own blood.”’

Looking down at Micah she presses her lips together and says softly, “I hope you’re ready for a fight. I’ll take care of the vampires and you keep the humans at bay. I don’t want to kill them unless necessary.”

It was a rule; humans untainted by a vampire will be left to the law. She wasn’t executioner for the human race even the ones who made the bad decision to work for vampires. Stepping around the corner slow steps approach the open roll up door the warehouse dimly lit, eyes scanning the area she has a partial view of two human men and another vampire. Listening she makes out six voices total, not counting the two blood dealers begging for their lives. One deep breath and she steps out into the open a playful smile on her lips as her fingers close around a stake.

“Evening boys… Vampires…” dark eyes quickly note two other vampires; four vampires in total, could they all be from the files, could it be this easy?

The tall broadly built man reaches for his gun, but the vampire with dark hair from the docks holds up his hand, a wicked grin on his lips. “What’s this? The hunter has come to visit. Alistair will be please though he had thought it’d take longer to attract your attention.”

The mention of Alistair sends a chill down her spine as again the images of those women flash through her mind. “This isn’t a social call I’m here to shut your operation down.”

Drawing a stake from the holster she flips it in her hand, turns on her heel and throws the wooden weapon at a vampire not two feet behind, charging. Her aim is perfect the point of the stake sinking into the heart and dropping the vampire to the ground to turn to dust. Reaching for the crescent blade at her lower back it’s pulled free along with the chain as she steps forward. “You’ll need more than inexperienced minions.”

The vampire bares his fangs accepting her challenge barking orders to the humans, “Take the prisoners and leave. We’ll deal with the hunter.”

The three other vampires hang back waiting for their turn with the hunter. Desdemona loosely holds the chain in her hand manipulating the blade with subtle hand movements, so that it sways back and forth. Two steps forward and the blade is swung upwards, over her head and released to sail forward straight for the approaching vampire’s throat. To which he dodges by stepping sideways and arching his back, a feral growl emanates as he leaps forward before she can retract and bring the blade back around. Crouching down with her left shoulder pressed forward she hits him in the chest and lifts, flipping him over her back. The chain is swung around bringing the blade around and misses his head by a mere inch as he falls into a crouch.

The other vampires growl, but keep their distance, watching and waiting. Typically a coven attacks in numbers to neutralize the threat, so did they think this one vampire could out match her? Lightning speed steps brings him closer his fist swinging forward. Raising her arm she blocks the blow with her forearm and drops the chain. A closed first connects with his cheekbone and sends him stumbling backwards from sheer force. It wasn’t enough to slow him and he attacks again, this time they meet with blows, blocks and ends with her sending a roundhouse kick to his side.

With a loud growl he again rushes forward allowing his anger to cloud his judgment. Desdemona crouches using her body to flip him while at the same time grabbing a stake from the holster at her hip. The moment he hits the ground with his back she brings a stake down into his heart, his eyes open wide for a moment before he turns to dust. Standing up she faces the other three vampires who rush forward as if their chains had been released. Growling like rabid dogs they circle the hunter as she stands ready; waiting for the first attack.

Out of the corner of her eye she sees a tall languid shadow skulk at the far end of the warehouse and a bunch of quicker shadows moving between several large crates. Finger grip around the stake tighter, holding it chest high ready for the next attack, but they don’t move forward and from the dark corner emanates a cold laugh, hauntingly familiar. The bad feeling she had earlier grows worse and shivers of terror runs down her spine.

Turning on her heel she knows she must retreat, but the movement releases the frozen in place stance of the other vampires and all three attack, to restrain. Desdemona fights, breaks through the circle of three with a fierce need to survive. Punching the first vampire in the face, she turns and kicks the other in the stomach then falls into a crouch to sweep the third off his feet. Reaching for the chain she gives it a swift pull as she turns and sees two other vampires coming her way. With a grunt she swings the blade around takes out both by decapitation. “Micah, get out of here!”

She yells to the leopard who is scrapping with two vampires. The place is overrun; there must be at least twenty vampires, most newly turned to act as little more than disposal minions. Only one vampire she knew in her past operated in that manner. From behind she feels a strong hand grab her shoulder, sharp nails tearing the material of her jacket as it pulls back to set her off balance. Twisting into the fall she lands on her hands and feet the chain falling from her hands. Using strength and speed she charges the vampire and knocks him to the ground, reaching for a stake to put an end to him, but a strong hand clamps around her wrist. Struggling she looks back to see a female vampire holding her arm at bay and pushes to her feet to face the new threat, but there are too many. Surrounded by several vampires their hands grab at her body, tearing her clothing and pulling the remaining stakes from the holster.

Dragging her back into the depths of the warehouse the shadow emerges from his hiding place and comes into the dim light. Sheer terror grips Desdemona as she’s faced with a vampire she thought to be dead, the only vampire to beat her and allowed her to live. Reginald De Luca stands in front of her with a cruel smile as he looks down at her struggling body. “Hello Desdemona, I believe we have some unfinished business.”
 
Micah

Micah waited as Des popped her trunk and began stocking up, he rolled his eyes , his tail twitching in amusement as he watched her, finally turning he padded with her along the shadows edge, his on a constant swivel he pads along, sniffing along the ground, picking up scents, his ears perk as they near the buildings edge, shaking his head he paws at his nose, scratching it before shaking out his fur and following after her. Lifting his muzzle he pears around the buildings corner, his eyes focusing in on the boat and the men. He heard Des move up beside him and he rubbed against her softly listening

“The shipment is useless! We don’t drink animal blood. Did you think we wouldn’t notice?”

That caught his attention and made him frown. They were importing blood, given the availability of human donors it struck him as curious, he was gunna sneak closer when the men were grabbed and hauled into the building, luckily the dumb bastards left the loading bay open, he followed silently beside Des as they moved into the building, the scents of the area spoke volumes, he smelled death, blood, and multitudes of scents, human, vampire and shifter, they were far from alone here and he had to stop himself from snarling a curse. As they moved further in he heard the yelling, the cursing as the men were hauled towards the back. He was gunna warn Des but was quickly cut off as she spoke to him

“I hope you’re ready for a fight. I’ll take care of the vampires and you keep the humans at bay. I don’t want to kill them unless necessary.”

He cursed again, as she moved away he swiped at her leg but missed, God damn it she was thick headed, how could she not sense the danger? Son of a bitch, as Des was jumped he watched her for a few moments, the way she moved, was. Well….semi graceful, at least she had that going for her, his ears twitching he turned to see a pair of men moving from the back, their guns drawn, with a snarl he lunged at them, a stuttered curse as he collided with the gun wielding male, jaws locked around his throat they hit the ground the mans partner stunned stupid at the sudden animal attack it gave Micah the precious seconds he needed to rip the mans throat his jaws were locked around out.

Micah turned, Yellow eyes staring at the male who still stood there his jaw aghast, a low threatening Growl Micah crouched, but the Man was just a little to slow as he pounced, the man falling back with a strangled shout before it was silenced with a sick tearing sound and the gurgling of blood before the lifeless blank stare overtook the males eyes.

He wasted no time and swiftly moved between the crates and boxes, picking his targets, each one quickly taken down and gutted his fur was matted with blood, when he heard a sudden shout from Des

“Micah, get out of here!”

He turned, ears swiveling as he heard a shriek and strangled cry of alarm, blood soaked his senses, he couldn’t scent were Des was, but he followed the movement Des was pinned, Micah started to advance when he was grabbed suddenly, Micah’s claws slashed out as he was thrown and slammed into a heavy wooden crate that rattled his senses, rebounding he looked up to see 4 Vampires approaching him, Hitting the crate had knocked the wind out of him and he heard Des kicking and cursing as she was dragged deeper into the building, Fire blazed in Micah’s eyes, he would NOT loose des, Marius would have his ass and pelt on the wall. With a shimmer of energy Micah shifted, his eyes still that deep jade/yellowish color he snarled in rage. The vampires each just grinned as they flanked him.

Micah launched himself at the lead vampire, as they locked hands, Micah slammed his head into the vampires nose he heard the crunch of bone and the vampire gave a shout of pain as the cartilage gave way and blood sprayed from his nose, giving Micah the chance to break their hand lock and grab the vampires head, forcing him down Micah drove his knee up into his face again driving the vampires already broken nose deeper into his skull dropping him instantly. Arms wrapped around Micah as a second fist slammed into the side of his skull but with the blood lust and rage working as one hell of an anesthetic for the pain Micah was unphased, he slammed his boot down into the foot of whoever it had been that grabbed him and again snapped his head back into the vampires face as the arms loosened around his waist he grabbed an arm and threw his body weight forward throwing the vampire Across the distance and slamming him into a crate. Micah’s ear twitched and he swung around his Leg lashing out and planting into the gut of a second doubling him over Micah brought his fist down across the vampires neck snapping it instantly

Micah turned, his chest rising and falling from the exertions he wheels on the remaining two vampires, the looks of worry and hesitance in their eyes, their scent reeking of fear he snarls at them and they run, looking around he can feel his pulse throb in his temple, the trickle of blood from his lip and a cut above his eye, but the haze of anger and his regenerative healing still working to suppress the pain, he stands there, listening, there is so much motion, so much white noise he doesn’t hear the click of a hammer, until its too late, the gun thundered and his left leg gave out, with a scream the pain suddenly registers as his knee is blown out and he hits the ground, rolling onto his back he snarls as he’s grabbed, but the pain, it slowed him, all he hears is Fucking Prick before he feels something heavy slam into the side of his head and his world spins, his body dropping limp.

Micah is only half aware tunnel vision stealing his senses as his brain rattles around in his skull, the feeling of being picked up, carried, another scream of agony as his leg was grabbed, being dragged and dumped on a hard surface, he heard voices, but like he was under water, muffled, vision hazy, unfocused, but he scented Des, she was near, he couldn’t move, had to get to her………..then his world went black


::::::::::::::::::

Marius set the phone back in its cradle, lost in thought as he went over Business Expenses, somewhere in the last 4 days $150 had gone missing from one of the registers, and Marius was not happy at the news, one of his workers was skimming the till, maybe pocketing the money? He was gunna find out, no one stole from him and walked away. There was a knock at the door and Marius looked out, a bouncer opened the door and Marius stood, some…….clients……he had been expecting had arrived, Marius was making his way to the door when a sudden pain wracked his body the breath stolen from him Marius Fell, the Bouncer catching him,

“Mic…..Micah………Go………He needs help……….Send the Pard, “ Marius blacked out and the guard screamed for Help as he radio’d for the leopards
 
Last edited:
Desdemona Flores

Dragging her back into the depths of the warehouse the shadow emerges from his hiding place and comes into the dim light. Sheer terror grips Desdemona as she’s faced with a vampire she thought to be dead, the only vampire to beat her and allowed her to live. Reginald De Luca stands in front of her with a cruel smile as he looks down at her struggling body. “Hello Desdemona, I believe we have some unfinished business.”

“Regi---“

A sharp pain is felt at the back of her head followed by darkness….


Desdemona awakes with a groan her head throbbing and unsure of how long she’d been out, but as she regains consciousness the memory of the fight and the appearance of Reginald comes rushing forward. Eyes flutter open to discover her arms are stretched above her head, wrist bound and she is dangling, so that the tips of her toes barely brush the concrete floor and worse there are manacles on her ankles. The realization that she’s been stripped down to only her boy shorts sets her on the edge of panic as a flood of memories from the last time she was Reginald’s prisoner flashback in a matter of seconds.

“Good, you are awake.”

A deep Italian accented voice dripping with the promise of pain says from a part of the room she can’t see. Is she still in the warehouse? With a toss of her head she sweeps her hair to the side and sees a few crates stacked in the corner to her left, there is a desk and a couple of filing cabinets. She must be in the office, which means she’s probably still in the warehouse. If Micah is still alive and escaped then there is a chance she’ll survive long enough to be rescued.

“You’re still impulsive; walking into the lion’s den and your only back up was a Were-leopard. How is it you have one of Marius’ underlings with you? Could our hunter here have compromised her convictions and agreed to work for a vampire?”

The voice speaks from behind sounding closer and closer with each sentence and she struggles, testing the strength of the bindings on her wrists, but her movements only cause the coarse rope to dig into her skin. The dark presence feels like a shadow threatening to surround and consume her whole. Desdemona closes her eyes focusing to steady her breaths and heart rate she needs to remain calm, keep her temper in check and think clearly. The shadow moves in, a strong hand resting on her throat, long fingers squeezing firmly, but not enough to cut off her air. Taking a sharp breath her body stiffens feeling his powerful form pressed against her backside. The feather touch of his lips at her ear makes her skin crawl.

“If you’re wondering if your friend fought his way out of here, he didn’t. Do you remember my warning the last time we were together?”

His whisper tightens her stomach and for the first time since she was eighteens year old is wracked with paralyzing fear. She swallows the lump in her throat dry lips parting to speak, but there are no words, so she nods her head as a few tears squeeze from the corners of her eyes.

“Good.” His hand tightens around her throat for a second before slipping away to slide down her body, lingering over a breast, “You’re no longer that scrawny child you’ve grown into a beautiful woman.”

Scrapping the ground with her toes she tries to gain some leverage to flinch her body back attempting to knock him away, but the attempt is pitiful, barely moving she wiggles like a fish on a hook. Reginald’s laugh is sinister his other hand reaches around to lay flat against her stomach pulling her against him.

“I’m pleased to see the fight hasn’t gone out of you.”

Without warning the nail of his index finger presses firmly against her sternum dragging the sharp nail across her flesh splitting the supple skin to create a two inch long gash. Desdemona cries out and uselessly struggles to free herself from his grasp. Reginald laughs cruelly as his other hand slashing against her stomach to leave three gashes across her abdomen, blood pooling and seeping from the wounds flowing down her body and legs. His hands release their grip as he finally comes around to face her though one arm remains around her body and she can feel the pressure of his nails on her shoulder blade. His gaze steady on her face he drags his nails diagonally down her back reopening old wounds. Her head falls back as a blood curdling scream sounds from parted lips. Breathing heavily she stares up at bound wrists hanging from a hook tears streaming from her eyes, feeling the same helplessness she felt so many years ago.

“Look at me, my dear.” He orders, gripping her chin between his thumb and index finger he forces her to look into his dark brown eyes, a smile curling to his lips seeing the fear he can so easily sense. “We have some catching up to do.”

Releasing her chin he dips his head to her chest his tongue running over the open wound between her breasts before pressing his lips to her skin drinking the blood from her body, his hands on her waist holding her steady as she struggles. Feeling the blood leave her body she grits her teeth and kicks her legs whining weakly, “No.”

A low chuckle sounds from the vampire as a hand snakes up to tangle into her dark locks pulling her head back to expose the neck, “La mia cacciatrice poco che sono forti, ma la resistenza è inutile.”

His fangs come near the pulsing artery in her neck, but only the sharp tip grazes her neck, teasing and threatening; at the same time he enjoys the extra struggle she makes in an attempt to keep him from sinking his fangs into the soft tissue of her neck. “Cosi bella.”

The tip of his index finger makes contact with her cheek the sharp nail biting into the skin and carving a thin line to the corner of her lips. Desdemona whimpers softly tears seeping from her eyes as she presses her lips tighter together to suppress a scream. The feel of his tongue licking the wound tightens her stomach making her feel as if she will vomit. She knows this type of torture could go on for days before he decides to kill her and with the loss of blood she already feels the drain of strength. She’s not certain she’ll be able to attempt an escape until taken down from the hook.

He suddenly releases his hold on her body and steps away. Desdemona breaths a strange sigh of relief, but listens to his footfalls cross the room and then there is the scrapping sound of the door opening. “Bring in the pet.”

Desdemona tries to turn to her head to see what is happening, but arms obstruct her view. She can make out two pairs of feet walking into the room along with the sound of something being dragged. The pet. Was he referring to Micah? As the steps approach two vampires come into view dragging an unconscious man, their hands hooked under his arms and his wrists are bound behind. When they are in full view of her they toss the limp body to the ground and at first she doesn’t understand then the word Were-leopard surfaces. No. A flash of anger follows. Marius sent a Were-leopard to watch her, a shape shifter. Feeling violated she glares at the unconscious and bloodied Micah till her attention is divided by the low growl of one of the vampire underlings. Lifting her eyes she sees how both are eyeing her as if she’s on the menu.

“Leave us.” Reginald commands the two vampires, “And see to it we’re not disturbed.”

Desdemona though angry with the knowledge that Micah is part human she feels regret for putting him in this situation. Another will now suffer for her impulsive behavior. Dark eyes lift from his sprawled out body on floor to Reginald, he is smiling. She knows his plan; while not quite the same as forcing her to watch her guardian slowly tortured to death Micah’s suffering will be severe and death will come slowly.
 
Last edited:
Micah’s Consciousness faded in and out. Pain racked his body as he felt hands, but they felt far away, his body was a slab of stone and he couldn’t move, his energy was gone, and his strength had flagged, his body was too injured and he couldn’t shift. He was gunna heal he knew that, but it was gunna be slow, and painful. Micah grunted as he was tossed unceremoniously on the floor. He couldn’t open his eyes and the scent of blood clogged his nose but he heard voices, talking. Who was it? Where was Des? His Link to Marius was gone too. Fuck…..

::::::::::::::

Haven hauled ass to the underground of the Club, He’d called the Were-rats and told them what happened and to round up a small group of the best enforcers Marius and Micah had that could get to the club under 10 minutes. Panting Haven struggled to catch his breath, Their Doctors had Marius hooked up to an IV drip with Fresh blood but the only way they were even able to tell Marius was alive was the Portable Brainwave monitor they’d had. Haven and Cherry, another were-leopard filled in the small group of what was up, Desdemona was to be evac’d and Micah needed treatment, that was all they knew.

With low Growls the 9 males that made up the Bulk of Micahs enforcers moved into the garages.Pulling open the Hatchs on the back of 3 SUV’s they unlocked the gun lockers they had installed for this very reason and geared up. At 6ft 6 minimum the males armed up, pistols, two had assault rifles and the others just picked knives, they had already taken over an hour to get together, get briefed and arm up, they were still at least a half hour from were Micah said they were investigating they just Prayed they were gunna make it in time. If they didn’t, not a single person was gunna be left standing, and if Marius Died……heaven help anyone they find that was responsible
 
Desdemona Flores

Struggling against losing consciousness she watches through heavy lidded eyes as Reginald steps to the office chair and rolls it over to Micah. Reaching down the vampire grabs the shape-shifter by his hair and pulls him up dropping him on the chair, making sure his arms are secure behind the back. She tries to curl body; tensing flexing her abdomen, but the pain is severe, the earlier wound inflicted were designed to keep her from escaping. Crying out in pain panting breaths follow as she goes slack. The joints of her shoulders aching she lets out a frustrated growl and hears a deep chuckle, gritting her teeth she lifts her head to find Reginald wearing a wicked grin.

“My lovely, there is no escape, not this time.”

Reginald looks down to the shape-shifter grin turning into a sneer as he considers killing him straight off, but he may be of some use. His attention is back to his beautiful captive watching as the blood coagulates around the cuts not meant to kill, but weaken. The areas where the cuts were less deep already showing signs of healing, he knows he can keep her alive for days with this level of torture, but he doesn’t have days, not here. It is a waste, such beauty and strength; there is a moment he considers taking her for his own. If not for her stubborn will. Even now he can see it in her eyes the desire to kill, the promise of it, should she escape. He’s not interested in the idle threat; he relishes what is behind the brave front and that is the fear.

“I am curious, how important is he to you? I thought I saw surprise when his body was brought into the room. Did you know what he is?”

Reaching down his fingers entwine in Micah’s hair pulling back to expose his face to Desdemona and demands, “What is your relationship with Marius Morganti?”

The hunter stares at Micah who is barely conscious and feels the white hot anger of being lied to even if his presence was meant to protect. Lifting her eyes to Reginald dry lips part hoping Micah’s life can be spared, “I didn’t know… the arrangement was only to take down your coven vampires.”

She doesn’t feel as weak as her body begins to heal, but it would take time to recover from the blood loss; he drank enough to ensure her recovery would not be quick. She watches as the vampire releases his hold on Micah, pulling a handkerchief from his pocket to wipe his hands, his focus solely on her sends a chill through her body.

“You surprise me by agreeing to work with a vampire, but I suppose with the new laws in place it makes your job difficult. How frustrating it must be for a vampire hunter unable to hunt its prey?”

She flinches away from his hand reaching to caress her cheek, but his reflexes are quick as he raises his hand and brings the back of his knuckles across her cheek snapping her head to the side then grips her chin forcing her to look at him.

“I am going to enjoy our time together, my dear.”

The moment the sentence is finished his attention is pull away by the sound of a loud crash followed by gun fire. Hope floods through Desdemona even as she sees rage twist Reginald’s face.

“Looks like our time is up.” Her voice touched with a layer of confidence that she’ll live another day.

The vampire turns, a wicked gleam in is cold dark eyes, “Yes it is.”

Without warning Reginald releases his hold on her chin and thrusts his hand into her chest, slicing through skin and muscle, breaking ribs with an audible crack till his fingers curl around her heart. “I promised you that next time we met you would not live and I am a man of my word.”

Desdemona’s eyes hold confusion unsure as to what has happened shock numbing the pain he’s inflicted on her body. It’s not until he holds her heart out in front of her does she understand. There is not enough time to scream, cry or curse as life leaves her body. She lives long enough to watch him crush the pulsing organ before dropping it to the floor. As her vision fades the last thing she sees is him licking his fingers before it all goes black.
 
Lueth stood, wiping her hands on the black jeans that she wore, the blood smearing onto the dark material. A wickedness shone in her eyes as the dark one, the undead one, the monster, the vampire, whatever one wanted to call them, died, the stake driven deep into the heart that no longer beat, she having just tossed the severed head into the dumpster nearby.

She had only happened upon them, the Vampire and his prey, a struggling girl who no longer had the strength to scream. Lue had been unable to save the girl, the blood loss was too great. A call would be placed to the proper authorities. Family would be notified. Tears would be shed. But that was for later.

Lue knelt, whispering a quiet prayer over the girl's shuddering body, before ending the girl's pain. She did not see herself as a killer. She was a hunter. The Vampire that had preyed on the innocent girl, he was the killer. Now, he was truely dead.

Sighing, she stepped back, glancing up at the moon overhead. The night had only just begun, and already she wished she had simply stayed home.

Turning away from the gruesome scene, she sighed.

The law changes of 2 years ago had only just complicated her life. She was still a Hunter, she always would be. It was just the small fact that the prey, the Vampires, the Shape-Shifters, were now protected.

"I need a drink"...

~^~

"no, no Master, please" the plaintive cry easily heard above the erotic, strangely seductive, music that slithered about the darkness of the Club's interior. Lue turned to the cry, to see the girl, held fast against the wall close to where she herself stood, her own back to that same wall. A smile curled the man's lips, he offering no answer to his begging captive. Wrapping his thick fingers within her long blonde mane, he pulled her from the wall, casting her to his feet, one word then came to his grinning lips...

"crawl"

The girl brushed her trembling lips to the boots of the man, then did as commanded, slowly crawling, careful not to brush against another Master or a Mistress, or anyone else for that matter, her barely clad body slinking along that dirty floor. Lue watched, fascinated, as the girl moved, undulated, her eyes fixed forward, the Master was not following, instead he leaned against that very same wall and watched, his hand now stroking his own chin, as if wondering if his slave indeed would go thru with whatever task she had been given.... his grin widened.

Lue's attention went back to the crawling blonde, as she slowly, and Lue could see how scared she was, came to the feet of the man at the opposite end of the bar, Lue's dark, many said dead, eyes being drawn upwards, having not seen the man, no, wait, He was more of a Beast, A living darkness, or, yes, a Predator in the midnight, in the shadows before this. It seemed the darkness and he were one, and he was the darker. He was large, easily more than 6 feet tall... imposing, intimidating, and staring right at her, that is until the trembling one at his feet took his attention...

It seemed that one Hunter had perhaps, spotted another. And what was this Beast? A Shape-Shifter to be sure. But what Beast lived in his soul? Wolf? Tiger? Lion? Panther?

Ahh.. Panther.... a midnight black Panther.

Lue had always been good at these guessing games.

Lue turned her attention for the moment, to the figure now commanding the floor, another slave girl, this one clad in shimmering red satin, clinging to her skin like the touch of liquid fire. The music played, and the girl danced, the Men, and the Women, turning to watch. She was quite the sight, the music seeming to take control of her motions, she and the music entwining.

But the man, the Shifter in the darkness paid no attention, his attentions still fixated on the girl before his feet. Lue's attention drawn back, beyond the slave dance, to the interaction of that man, and the trembling beauty at his feet before him.

Her shadowed eyes watching with rapt attention.

Absently, she let her fingers reach down, gently touching the deep ebon colored skirt that draped seductively over her legs. She certainly could not wear the blood smeared jeans in here. The scent alone would have surely caused a commotion. A slight rustling, the skirt rising ever so slightly, fingers caressing the hilt of the blade that lay hidden within her leather boot. It was a comfort to her. She did not want to end up as the creature whimpering at the feet of the man, who now, turning, was beginning her crawl back to her Master, who watched as well, eyes narrowing.

He, the Panther, Lue had decided, slipped back into the shadows that he seemingly commanded, the faint crimson glow of his eyes all that betrayed his presence, if one knew where to look, as she now did.

Lue gave a sad glance to the girl crawling back to her Master. She did not care to hear the exchange, it mattered not to her. The girl was crying, begging to not be sold to the man in the dark. If Lue had listened, that is what she would have heard. But that did not matter.

Perhaps, it would have mattered long ago, before the changes came.

When humans were the dominant race.

When she hunted ones like, the man in the darkness, the Were-Panther that he was. Or the Vampire that even now, had drawn that whimpering, and very human, slave girl, quite obviously his slave girl, up to her feet, trapped her against the wall, and was about to feed.

Things had certainly changed in the last 2 years. And as far as Lue was concerned, NOT for the better.

And that night in the Club, The Silver Fang, only proved it yet again.

With a low sigh, she took another drink of her wine.

It was then she saw a fellow Hunter, Desdemona, enter the Club. Lueth and Des knew each other, but one would not call the other friend. Lue was a loner as it was. She had no need for the trivialities of friendships. When one had friends, they became a liability, to be used against you. Lue did not need that.

So.. Lue did what she was so good at, she disappeared into the shadows to watch, just as Marius, the Vampire Owner of this particular establishment, approached the other Hunter.

“You honor me with your presence yet again Ma Petite, what brings you to my humble little club? Find you the drinks to your liking? Or is it you just wanted to come see me?”

“Marius, I’d tell you it’s a pleasure to see you again, but we both know I don’t lie very well.”

Lue had to admit, she liked Des, even if they were not friends.


~^~

But neither Lue or Desdemona were at the Club now.

Both were in an entirely different place.

She, again as she was so adept at, was well hidden, in the rafters that lined the darkened heights above Des, Reginald, and the wounded One below.

From this vantage point, Lue had watched it all.

From a distance of course. A safe distance. She didn't like getting involved. This was not really her fight, now was it. This was Desdemona's fight, but it looked to her as if the senior Huntress had gotten herself into a bit of trouble. With a shake of her head, she tisked tisked tisked with her tongue. And Des had manged to drag in the Shape Shifter as well. Desdemona had always been such a good Hunter, except when she got ahead of herself, or didn't think things thru. Perhaps that was just what had happened here.

Mattered not, really. Des was bound, helpless. So very helpless.

Lue smiled. It was always gratifying to see helplessness. She liked it. She thrived on it. She fed off it. Just like a Vampire fed off blood, Lue tended to feed off the helplessness, the hopelessness of others.

The other tho, he was a concern. He was not a Hunter. He was a Protector. An innocent, one could perhaps call him. He had no idea who Reginald De Luca was. Oh Desdemona did, that was for sure. But the Shifter, the Protector, he did not. Why should he suffer for Des's past with Reginald?

“You’re still impulsive; walking into the lion’s den and your only back up was a Were-leopard. How is it you have one of Marius’ underlings with you? Could our hunter here have compromised her convictions and agreed to work for a vampire?”

Ahhh, a Were-Leopard. She had guessed as much.. Lue had no real experience with Were-Leopards, not really. She had seen them. She had heard of them. But she had never dealt with them. She tended to try and stay clear of the Shifters, and Vampires, of course. Unless she were hunting them. They had, at one time, been her prey, but no longer. Not since the laws changed. The thought made her cringe yet again.

But that was momentary as her attention was drawn back to what was happening down below.

“Look at me, my dear.”

“We have some catching up to do.”


“No.”


A low chuckle sounds from the vampire as a hand snakes up to tangle into the dark locks of his captive, pulling her head back to expose the neck, “La mia cacciatrice poco che sono forti, ma la resistenza è inutile.”

"My little huntress, you are strong, but resistance is useless." Lue whispered the words that Reginald spoke back to herself. She knew Reginald well enough. Not as well as Desdemona, obviously, but what was the old saying... Know Thy Enemies. Her enemies were Vampires, among others.. always would be, despite the laws. Reginald was one. A particularly vicious one. One what was more than well known. Des had managed to make some pretty impressive enemies.

To be honest, Lue was not all that sure she could save Des, given the situation. Reginald obviously had hunted, and went to great lengths to capture, the Huntress. He would not give her up easily. There was a chance, that Des could not be saved.

But what of the Protector? Would Reginald bargain perhaps for the life of the Protector? Would it be better to bargain? And what could Lue offer? A free "Pass" on the bound Desdemona? Or would it be better to simply attack? Tho even now, Lue knew that attacking may not be the winning option.

Then again, why bother? Why not let the Shifter die as well.

Because he was an innocent. And there was one thing that Lue... admired? Would that be the right word? Maybe not, but Lue had a soft spot for innocents. He was a body guard, a protector. And even tho he was not human, he did not deserve to die. Not anymore. Perhaps 2 years ago, he would have been seen as a danger, and killed, perhaps not.

Then, there were still alot of unanswered questions... Questions that the now captured Des had sought to investigate, to answer.

Who was behind these recent killings? Her own recent slaughter of the Vampire attacking the girl, not withstanding. There was so much more going on. Obviously enough to concern Marius, enough to hire Des.

Maybe if Des had just stayed a freelance Hunter and not a hired Hunter, she would not have found herself in the situation she was currently in.....

“You surprise me by agreeing to work with a vampire, but I suppose with the new laws in place it makes your job difficult. How frustrating it must be for a vampire hunter unable to hunt its prey?”

“I am going to enjoy our time together, my dear.”

Lue's attention goes back to what is happening below where she is perched. She would have to be careful, to let one's thoughts occupy her mind, and distract her, if she let that continue to happen, she would end up no better off than Des currently was. And that was nothing something Lue wanted to find herself a part of.

The loud crash and the sudden sound of gunfire, that was something Lueth had not expected. And obviously, neither did the participants below.

“Looks like our time is up.”

The vampire turns, a wicked gleam in is cold dark eyes, “Yes it is.”

“I promised you that next time we met you would not live and I am a man of my word.”


Lue's eyes widened as she watched what transpired next. A thrust of his hand, and the vampire ripped Des's beating heart from her chest. The sound was nothing short of gruesome and the poor huntress, she never even had the chance to scream. Lue had to slap her own hand over her mouth to stay silent. Not that she had never seen death, hell, she had seen plenty of it. She had been the cause of it. But to watch one of her own, die so horribly. She may not have been friends with Desdemona, but the huntress did not deserve to die as she had.

Lue's eyes narrowed, focusing on Reginald and the Shape-Shifter, just as another round of gunfire exploded .... she would find a way to tear that Vampire's head from his body, just as he had torn Des's heart from hers. She would find a way....


Lueth...

girl_zps2f3e12c8.jpg
 
Micah’s head bobbed, Shaken from the darkness of unconsciousness, groggy, pain lancing through his body the voices came to him slowly, a garbled mess, his head spun as he groaned. He felt hands grip his hair, his hand yanked back with a vicious tug that caused him to groan again. His eyes slowly opened, one eye was swollen shut but didn’t hurt that bad, his body healed, but he needed to shift, it would speed the healing. Micah tugged at his hands but felt they were bound, and tightly, he winced again at the pain, Tied too tight,

“I am curious, how important is he to you? I thought I saw surprise when his body was brought into the room. Did you know what he is?”

His tongue was thick, he couldn’t form words, but his one good eye turned, his head falling to one side he saw Dez tied up as he was. Fear, Rage, he’d failed her, he’d failed his master, they’d been caught, the fight, being captured came back to him in a flood that spiked his adrenaline. Micah jerked like he’d been boot licked by a car in his chair and tugged at his restraints. His eyes turned to? Who was it? He was a vampire Micah could smell that much his nose having healed enough to function after the vicious boot to the face he took a low growl came from Micah

“What is your relationship with Marius Morganti?”

Micah tugged at his bonds again as his hair was yanked again, his heart racing as even in his injured state he knew where things were gunna head and quick, he swallowed thick, and Spit in the vampires face as he reeled back. Wiping the blood away Reginald turned back towards Dez, Micah struggled again then he heard it, the sudden change in the air brought a scent to his nose and Micah frowned, sniffing again The first sudden cry of alarm then Heavy Gun fire someone in the back of the warehouse. Micahs eyes drifted up, faintly, a shadow in the rafters……..but Reginalds voice brought his attention back to Dez

“Looks like our time is up. I promised you that next time we met you would not live and I am a man of my word.”

Micah screamed as he watched Dez suddenly murdered before him a Cry of pained rage. He failed!!!, He failed to save her………….Marius forgive him!..............a rage Micah had never known flared in his body as Crates and boxes were suddenly knocked over, half a dozen men and another half dozen leopards stormed the dimly lit circle Reginald looked up in surprise, he hadn’t expected nearly this level of force to come crashing down. He looked around quickly before Reginalds eyes went back to the snarling Micah, and watched even as badly injured as he was he ripped the bonds that held him and then suddenly Reggy found himself on his back, a heavy fist slammed into his face then again, and again harder, Micahs rage knew no end as Reginald fought back and threw Micah off him.

As Micah flew clear several leopards jumped Reginald but his vampire speed was too fast. Reginald was on his feet and gone, in the quick confusion not even time to fire a single shot Micah hit a heavy box and crumpled to the ground. He rose slowly, wobbling, and moved, falling to his knees before Dez’s lifeless body tears, rage, pain, he screamed to the ceiling then just collapsed, crying softly on the floor. He failed her, and she died because he wasn’t strong enough.

The other leopards and guards slowly picked micah up, one girl stepped up and pushed a needle into Micah’s neck, the painkillers were nearly instant and micah slumped unconscious in their arms. The others moved and gathered Dez’s body several guards moved off to finish cleaning up the bodys as Micah and Dez were taken back to the club
 
Gunfire...

A flood of men... and shape-shifters... Lue knew they had to be shape shifters, they, after all, had emerged as the warriors of the supernatural world. But, as to what was happening, a flood of men and shape-shifters suddenly burst into the warehouse.

Too late of course. Too fucking late to save the now dead Huntress.

Could she have saved Desdemona? Perhaps, if she had know what was going to happen and how fast it was going to happen. Lueth had not realized that the bad blood, so to speak, between the Vampire named Reginald and Des had been so ... well... bad. She had not realized that Reginald was planning on killing the Huntress. Lueth had not jumped into the fray right away because she honestly thought that Desdemona could handle what was happening. Being a Hunter, both Des and herself were conditioned to withstand torture. Both were strong enough to endure capture. Of course, they had to be. Lueth had no doubts in her mind that, while she may have suffered, Des would get thru what ever it was that Reginald had in store for her. Lueth had not anticipated that he would simply reach in and rip her beating heart from her body.

But at least the innocent, the Were-Leopard, was saved. And in fact, was fighting. Not that he was in any condition to fight. But Lue could see the pain and rage in his eyes, pain and rage that Lue could only attribute to his seeing Des slaughtered before him. Perhaps he had feelings for the Huntress? Would Des have let that happen? If she had, she was definitely off her game. That would account for her getting caught by Reginald... Poor Des..... As for the Were-Leopard, Lue had no real feelings for his well being, other than that he was an innocent in all this, seemingly caught up in the web that Reginald created for Desdemona. In general tho, Lue did not like shape-shifters... almost as much as she detested vampires.

And all this was because Des had decided to "work" for a Vampire.

Of course the Vampire she had chosen to work for did run the city.

Marius Morganti....

Master Vampire.

Lueth did not know Marius well. Perhaps Des did, but she did not. She knew, of course, what the write up she had perused told her.

674 years old

Cunning

Wicked

Charismatic

Charming

Handsome

and very very Intelligent

And the fact that it had taken him very little time to rise to power, once the laws were changed. He had gained control of one of the country's most influential cities, Chicago. There was talk that he wanted to gain control of New York City, Boston, an LA as well.

Lueth had to give Marius credit, Chicago, since coming under the control of the Master Vampire and his minions, had been, well, downright peaceful. Vampire killings were down. It seemed that under Marius's rule, the resident Vampires and shape-shifters had learned that one did not need to kill or maim to feed. Now there were clubs where safe, non-lethal feeding was encouraged, where humans went to be bitten, in fact, the largest of them all, the Silver Fang, was, of course, owned exclusively by Marius. As for meat for the shape-shifters, that was provided as well, mostly animal, of course. Marius was thorough after all, and took care of both the Vampires, the Shape-Shifters, and the humans.

The Club was also the Master Vampire's strong hold. And more than likely, that was here both the Were-Leopard and the body of the Huntress was being taken.

So, that was where Lueth would head. Des may not have been her friend, but she was a fellow Hunter, and her death deserved retribution. Perhaps not from her, perhaps Marius would desire to exact that retribution. Desdemona had been working for him after all, and Lueth had the sneaking suspician there was more between the Master Vampire and the now dead Huntress than meets the eye.

Hell, she may as well just ride along with them...

She stepped from the shadows just as the doors to the car swung open. Several Shape-Shifters suddenly grumbled in surprise, a couple of the men drew weapons, and Lueth was surrounded rather quickly. She threw up her hands in mock surprise.

"yeah yeah.... give me a break guys. You did not even know I was at the warehouse. You see me now because I want you to. I have information for your Boss, on what happened at that warehouse".... Lue grinned. She would never show fear, not that she was afraid of these guys, she was not. Marius, that was another story. Lue hated Vampires, and yes, she feared them and what they could do. But she would never let any of them see that.
 
Last edited:
Rain, Cherry and Domino hauled Micah’s body back to the Truck, laying him carefully on the blankets in the back of one of the SUV’s they checked his pulse and started tending to his wounds, As the soft orange glow of fire began to show through the windows of the warehouse a sharp whistle rent the air as a signal it was time to go. In retaliation the Pard set fire to the warehouse, to torch the bodies as well as what may or may not have been in the warehouse Reginald was using. As the leopards shifted back to human form and got into the truck a shadow emerged from the darkness that sent everyone on edge. A Young girl her hands held high but her body posture and scent gave her away.

Several guys got out of the trucks, Rifles and MP5’s raised and pointed at the intruder they growled warnings and orders for the girl to stop. A tall muscled male about 6.5, dressed down in black body armor held his M16 at ready as he approached

“Hands up girly, this isn’t a good night for you to be approaching us”

As others slinked around and surrounded the girl the haughty expression and arrogant smirk only served to rouse them further as she spoke

"yeah yeah.... give me a break guys. You did not even know I was at the warehouse. You see me now because I want you to. I have information for your Boss, on what happened at that warehouse"

Several guards looked at each other then back to the girl as if questioning whether she was telling the truth or not.

“we know what happened…… The Huntress is Dead and our King is injured, and the vampire responsible escaped, what more do you have to tell us?”

As the distant sounds of sirens began the Male cursed, there had to have been a fire alarm tripped, or someone called it in they hadn’t seen. Looking around they quickly decided they had no choice

“Move and die girl, there is enough guns and animals around here you wont escape easily”

With several rifles trained they lashed lueths hands together and shoved her into the truck “sorry girly but we cant stay here, we need to get back to our Master and get our King to the doctor, looks like your coming with us

Tires squeeled as they peeled out and took off, passing the crew of fire trucks heading to the warehouse they made their way through the city to the Silver Fang. Parking in the back they hauled Micah’s unconscious body out of the truck and quickly rushed him to the lower levels, Lueth they leadinto the club and down a dark flight of stairs, weaving their ways to a spare room guns trained just incase. Opening the door to a finely finished Bedroom they undid the ties to Lueth’s hands and stepped to the door

“Our Master will be here in a few minutes don’t go anywhere, wouldn’t be good for you to be killed trying to get out” without another word they closed and locked the door behind them footsteps sounding down the stone hallway as they walked away.

It was only Minutes before the door unlocked and Marius stepped in, the look in his face far from pleasant he took one look at Lueth and a string of French curses slipped his lips, the light French accent usually spoke only heavier

“why iz it I have one dead huntress and my badly injured Micah to care for, and now I have you darkening my doorstep Lueth? Why iz it that suddenly all hunters in thiz city come to me on this night What zee hell do you want”

Marius was clearly pissed off, even as he spoke he was pacing, his rage was almost palpable before he ran a hand through his hair and let go a sigh of pure frustration.

“I apologize, tonight was not your fault and I shouldn’t be angry with you, may I offer you a drink? And the leopard guards told me you said you had information for me?”

Marius let his body slump into a chair like he was being poured out of a bottle of fine wine, all smooth grace and curves, his legs crossing he sighed again looking to the Huntress before him
 
Back
Top