BOOOO!! It's the Literotica Halloween Story Contest!!

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Hi writers!

October 31st is approaching, which means it's time to stock up on mini candy bars, get out the talking goblin, and get ready for the Literotica Halloween Erotic Story Contest approacheth! We will accept entries starting on Monday September 23rd, and we will stop accepting contest entries on October 23. On Halloween Day, October 31, we will announce the 3 winners. This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously.

All rules for the monthly contests are in place. The only exception to the rules is that we will allow authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months to win in this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in another theme contest within the last 6 months, you are not eligible to win in this one.

The following guidelines also apply:

- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.

- Author must put the phrase "HALLOWEEN STORY CONTEST 2002" in the "Notes" field of the submission.

- Story must have a Halloween theme. Please don't just submit a normal story and simply dress the participants in costume. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness. ;)

Any story that meets the above criteria will be automatically entered into the contest, and winners will be decided by reader input. The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those award in the monthly contests.

Good luck, and have fun! ;)

double take

Hey there,

I read through the description above and was going to comment on how it said that stories must take place on Valentine's Day, but then when I quoted it it had changed, and I refreshed and it said Halloween Themed instead! Wow, I must be going crazy!

Wink

Chicklet

Quiet_Cool said:
Sorry to be a pain, but can you better explain "Halloween Theme"?

There is a discussion about Do's, Don't's and Possible plots for halloween here: http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113225

Essentially, a Halloween themed story has a plot that revolves around halloween -- Ghost stories, halloween parties, trick-or-treating, Historical Fantasies about All Hallows Eve or the pagan celebrations that preceded it, etc.

Witches, wizards, frogs, gizzards,
Ghouls, goblins, grime, gremlins,
Vampires and vagabonds, halloween is coming...

Pumpkins, eggs, masks, monsters,
Blood, bananas, candles, canaries,
Tricking and treating, halloween is coming...

Chanting, ranting, peeking, seeking,
Haunting, flaunting, flattering, battering,
Scaring and snearing, halloween is coming.

The habit of celebrating Halloween didn't start here until about 6-8 years ago. Some people think it's outrageous how these American customs are seducing the innocent children and turning them away from the more Swedish way of celebrating All Hallow's Eve. Yeah, kids would be better off dressing upp in velvet and silk, lighting candles and going to mass... Like Christmas, minus the presents...

I love dressing up, I love ghost stories, and Halloween is a GREAT excuse for combining these two things! I'll think of something for this contest!!! :devil: :cathappy: :devil:

Weird Harold said:

There is a discussion about Do's, Don't's and Possible plots for halloween here: http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113225

Essentially, a Halloween themed story has a plot that revolves around halloween -- Ghost stories, halloween parties, trick-or-treating, Historical Fantasies about All Hallows Eve or the pagan celebrations that preceded it, etc.

Basicaly, anything that might fall in the "Non-human" category...and a few things that would fall into the Sci-Fi/Fantasy category, not to mentin the cliches mentioned in that thread?

I'm asking because a story I'm working on might be good for the contest, but it makes no actual mention of Halloween, and is a little...well, less than spooky, quite frankly. Perhaps another would be more attuned to the spirit of things.

Last edited:
Quiet_Cool said:
I'm asking because a story I'm working on might be good for the contest, but it makes no actual mention of Halloween, and is a little...well, less than spooky, quite frankly. Perhaps another would be more attuned to the spirit of things.

I don't think "Spooky" is what will win the contest. It's certainly not an absolute requirement for a halloween theme -- A boring night of passing out candy while being teased unmercifully by your spouse is just as much a halloween theme as a ghost story would be.

All Hallow's Eve is traditionally a time when the veil between the living and spirit worlds thins, but there are many less mystical aspects to halloween today. There is nothing that requires a halloween story to get mystical or supernatural to qualify -- although hlloween is the perfect time to get those mystical stories out of your system.

Weird Harold said:
A boring night of passing out candy while being teased unmercifully by your spouse is just as much a halloween theme as a ghost story would be.

'boring'?

;)

Laurel said:
Hi writers!

October 31st is approaching, which means it's time to stock up on mini candy bars, get out the talking goblin, and get ready for the Literotica Halloween Erotic Story Contest approacheth! We will accept entries starting on Monday September 23rd, and we will stop accepting contest entries on October 23. On Halloween Day, October 31, we will announce the 3 winners. This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously.

All rules for the monthly contests are in place. The only exception to the rules is that we will allow authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months to win in this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in another theme contest within the last 6 months, you are not eligible to win in this one.

The following guidelines also apply:

- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.

- Author must put the phrase "HALLOWEEN STORY CONTEST 2002" in the "Notes" field of the submission.

- Story must have a Halloween theme. Please don't just submit a normal story and simply dress the participants in costume. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness. ;)

Any story that meets the above criteria will be automatically entered into the contest, and winners will be decided by reader input. The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those award in the monthly contests.

Good luck, and have fun! ;)
Technically speaking, if I write"Halloween Story Contest 2002" in the Notes field, and it doesn't fit the contest, they'll let me know, right? If it does, they'll enter it?
I could try this, but I'll feel as though I'm wasting thier time...
(only saying "thier" because I'm unsure who all reads the stories being submitted...can Laurel possibly read them ALL?)

... I'm unsure who all reads the stories being submitted...can Laurel possibly read them ALL? ...

Yes 'she' can, Quiet_Cool!

Don't you know that "Laurel" is an acronym?
It stands for Language Analog Ubiquitous Repository for Erotic Liturature.

Version 2.03 I believe.

Scary, no? :eek:

- Quasi

Silly Question...Maybe

Does a Halloween submission have to fit in a certain catagory or are all entries bunched together?

Re: Silly Question...Maybe

Wildfire427 said:
Does a Halloween submission have to fit in a certain catagory or are all entries bunched together?

If you submit a story to the halloween contest, it goes in the category that would normally apply, AND it gets linked to the halloween story contest page as well (IF Laurel creates a single page with all the contest stories -- she doesn't always create separate page.)

Re: Re: Silly Question...Maybe

Weird Harold said:
If you submit a story to the halloween contest, it goes in the category that would normally apply, AND it gets linked to the halloween story contest page as well.

Exactly. It gets listed like a normal story in its category, and also listed here:

http://www.literotica.com/contests/halloween2002.html

That page is now linked in the News section of the site, and will replace the Valentine's Day link on the Story Index very soon.

*waves hand wildly*

Question!
Question!

I just finished a Halloween poem and I want to submit it.. but, I also want to submit a story I'm working on to the same contest.

Is that digable?

Acronym

Hmm...I thought LAUREL was an acronym for Lesbians Amorously Undulating having Recently Eaten Ladies...or

Labia Arousal Upon Reading Erotic Literature...or

Lovely Areolae Urging Rough (not too rough!) Erogenous Licking

:p Liz

Halloween request.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in looking over the story I have finished for the contest?

As Halloween isn't really celebrated in Australia I would appreciate someone looking over the story to see if the content of it was suitable to the theme.

Pm me if your willing and I'll send you the story. Thanks.

Outside of the US, where is Halloween celebrated? I think I read that Svenskaflicka said that in Sweden they had started celebrating (fairly recently), but who else? I find that interesting. I can't possibly be the only person.

Tell us.

My story appeared in the New Story Section, but not the Halloween section, is there a delay, or did I goof? Is is possible to change it if there was an error? I noticed a few Halloween type stories are in the new story section, but not Halloween.

NaughtyMike said:
My story appeared in the New Story Section, but not the Halloween section, is there a delay, or did I goof? Is is possible to change it if there was an error? I noticed a few Halloween type stories are in the new story section, but not Halloween.

You should PM Laurel about this. If you didn't enable voting, your story won't be included in the contest (the winner is determined by member votes.)

Great e-mail Laura. She hasn't one of a half dozen e-mails in the last year, now she is going to answer this one? I doubt it. I think the whole thing is rigged so some stupid lesbian story will win.

Mike,

How, exactly, would "some stupid lesbian story" even qualify as a "Halloween Story"... :confused:

Or, did some nasty dyke frighten you :eek:

Hiya people, :)

Ok, I'm considering entering the contest. So, let me just get this straight;

A Halloween theme includes anything considered mystical or just in a Halloween setting.

It also states that "Story must have a Halloween theme. Please don't just submit a normal story and simply dress the participants in costume."

Eh, pardon me but where does the line for a "normal" story and a Halloween one go if I'm not sticking to talking about mysticism or pumpkins? :confused:
I'm basically not allowed to have the characters go to a masquerade ball, unless I add the word "Halloween" before it? And if I write about witches or vampires, what makes this different from a normal sci-fic/non-human category? Just that I add that the vampire hunts on Halloween night?

Sorry about the questions. If I enter it'll be my first entry to Lit.... :)

/LP

Back