Whatever happened to Kenna Colrite?

Reader24601

Virgin
I've been a reader on this site for a couple of years now and this is the first time I'm posting in the forums. The reason being that one of my favorite authors here on literotica has apparently gone missing. Like the entire profile is gone. Any idea what might have happened?

What happened to Kenna Colrite?

My favorite literotica author seems to be missing. Like the entirety of her page is gone. I distinctly remember reading her Halloween contest entry so this just deems really...unusual. Any news?

Any idea how long she's been gone for? I only noticed yesterday, looked on the forums and saw nothing about it. I even Googled her username and it said "This member does not exists" on her account page.

I hope she's alright, if anything's happened. Her stories were definitely some of the best that I've read on this site.

After a tad more digging, I found that her story "Trifecta" was up on Inkitt and has also been taken down, though I don't know if this coincides with the removal of her account and stories here.

This is quite strange, though. Judging by her notes before her stories she was planning on writing more, so it seems weird she'd just up and leave...

is this ms colrite's online pr firm?

smoke
sizzle
spark
ignition
fire
wildfire...

thomas kinkade

I've been a reader on this site for a couple of years now and this is the first time I'm posting in the forums. The reason being that one of my favorite authors here on literotica has apparently gone missing. Like the entire profile is gone. Any idea what might have happened?

Some of the usual reasons why authors do that sort of thing:

- author decides to sell their work, and doesn't want free copies around to compete with it
- author gets religion/stalker/job at conservative workplace/etc. and decides to erase their smutty history
- author gets fed up with other people pirating stories and takes them down
- author was pirating somebody else's stories, and they got reported and taken down
- author has some disagreement with site management and decides to take their bat and ball and go home

is this ms colrite's online pr firm?

smoke
sizzle
spark
ignition
fire
wildfire...

thomas kinkade

The same thing did occur to me. Mind, she apparently wrote lesbian and I don't hang around there.

Hands up if you've heard of this author before?

Last edited:
The same thing did occur to me. Mind, she apparently wrote lesbian and I don't hang around there.

Hands up if you've heard of this author before?

I've not heard of her. Promotion doesn't seem like much of a motivation for the thread since her material has been taken down.

I've not heard of her. Promotion doesn't seem like much of a motivation for the thread since her material has been taken down.

baldrick-and-blackadder.jpg

She left Lit earlier this month. An update to her profile said her stories would be gone inside of a week or two, along with her account if she could get Laurel to delete it. She gave no specific reason that she was leaving, just that she was heading off, and giving the heads-up to her followers.

It's a pity she left...she was a damn good storyteller, but I wish her the best of success wherever she's gone off to (hopefully for publication).

She left Lit earlier this month. An update to her profile said her stories would be gone inside of a week or two, along with her account if she could get Laurel to delete it. She gave no specific reason that she was leaving, just that she was heading off, and giving the heads-up to her followers.

It's a pity she left...she was a damn good storyteller, but I wish her the best of success wherever she's gone off to (hopefully for publication).

Ah, ok. Thanks, guess I should pay attention to people's profiles more often.

I'll have to try and keep an eye out for if she publishes anything. (though that might not be possible, Kenna Colrite could well have been a pseudonym)

My friend, you just broke my heart. So she just left. I hope she continues to make stories. Even if its no longer for us. Thanks for the heads up.

My friend, you just broke my heart. So she just left. I hope she continues to make stories. Even if its no longer for us. Thanks for the heads up.

Another reason to download and save any stories you really really like because you just never know.....

Does anyone have a saved pdf of her most recent Halloween story or know how I could read it?

Does anyone have a saved pdf of her most recent Halloween story or know how I could read it?

This comes up from time to time - the desire of a reader to read something from an author who no longer wants to be read.

Taking an entire story file down is a deliberate action by an author. Clearly, they do not want their content to be made available on Lit, for whatever reason (private, commercial, who knows?).

Shouldn't that desire be respected? It's a tricky moral dilemma - but it is the internet, and the author did publish, so I'm not sure there's an absolute black and white answer.

This comes up from time to time - the desire of a reader to read something from an author who no longer wants to be read.

Taking an entire story file down is a deliberate action by an author. Clearly, they do not want their content to be made available on Lit, for whatever reason (private, commercial, who knows?).

Shouldn't that desire be respected? It's a tricky moral dilemma - but it is the internet, and the author did publish, so I'm not sure there's an absolute black and white answer.

Also, if someone does link to Wayback (or similar) the Mod to this board will remove the info.

I feel like once it’s out there online in the open you do lose some control of other people having copies of it. I tried the way back machine and it didn’t seem to work. Alas, I liked her stories a lot.

I feel like once it’s out there online in the open you do lose some control of other people having copies of it. I tried the way back machine and it didn’t seem to work. Alas, I liked her stories a lot.

But if it obviously was pulled back, and you had respect for her, you'd honor what she was trying to do, right?

But if it obviously was pulled back, and you had respect for her, you'd honor what she was trying to do, right?

I think this, right here, is why it's a "soft rule" of Lit to respect the author's wishes. (Originally, I thought this was in Looking For instead of Author's Hangout and that's why I mentioned the mod would remove violations of the soft rule. I've seen it done.)

I mean, I guess she did give some notice about it which would have given people time to save copies of the stories. I just didn’t see it in time. I don’t check individual author’s profile pages that frequently. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just kind of wanted to read the story. I don’t really post on the forums, so I didn’t pick up on the distinction of the boards. I just found this when trying to search out why the stories weren’t there.

I don't think you're understanding this. If she withdrew the story she probably doesn't want you or anyone else to have a copy. Again, I don't think you are processing this.

Back