Election sorority slut really wants to win.

loquere

Smile!
Joined
May 19, 2011
Posts
35,204
This I a college election idea. Caleb Baker nerd and most qualified candidate for President decides to drop out. The majority of his votes automatically go to black former athlete candidate Miles Dower. This destroys hottie, Holly Lemays plan. Caleb and Miles were splitting what we' ll call the seriouse vote. Meaning Holly would win. She decides to attempt to encourage nerd Caleb to not cancel his campaign. I'll decide to describe of the actual idea if people like this. Below is the break down of facts.

It's the end of the year at Bryce University. A large prestigious east coast college. The Bryce Student Gov. BSG) is having it's end of the year elections. The Presidential slot with it's 50 K a year salary is being*Contested by 3*legitimate contenders who are all sophomores preparing to be seniors. Holly Lemay,*Miles Dower, and Caleb Baker.*

1st candidate. -------
Holly Lemay is a marketing major and a hot sorority girl. Has planned a lot of events on campus. Promotes school spirit. Great at event planning fundraising and organization. Due to her skills she has the full $4 k election spending limit to spend. She has a youtube video with 40 k views.
She has an opinion board, but no platform.
-School new paper Online poling has her at 38%.*

2nd candidate -------
Caleb Baker a double honors student who has*served on the BSG since he was a freshmen. Starting with a uncontested freshman Senator position. He is in his second year as a BSG VP
-Passed the BSG dental plan after his health plan lost support from the BSG President.
-BSG Bus pass*
-Free condoms program,*all adopted and initiated by outgoing BSG President Adrian Gilmore.*
-well researched platform, focusing on renewal and a balanced budget.
-Overwhelming support in academic clubs. Most endorse him. Even the african American association endorsed his platform over lack candidate Miles Dower.
-School newspaper Online poling has him at 29%

3rd candidate -----
Miles Dower is African american, back in freshman year he was a clear pick for a future nba draft. That year he injured his knee, he is popular.
Changing direction to salvage his future, he started covering sports for the school paper, he quickly covered other things. Further rising to editor and chief the beginning of sophomore year. Miles is a pre-law minor and Journalism major.*Who has scored above competitive on his LSAT's. That he took early.
His campaign is focuses on*scholarships for students, renewal outreach. He has a good platform. He resigned as editor and chief of the school newspaper to assure no conflict of Interest during the election.*
He has a great website and thousands have watched his campaign video.
School newspaper paper Online poling has him at 32%. Viewing him as her main opponent Holly is running a whisper attack campaign against him.



4th candidate*

John Edwards*

Joke Candidate

-School new paper Online poling has him at less than 1%.
 
Might be more realistic if this is a high school election (with them all being 18 of course), no one gives a shit about college student government elections, but high school elections help kids get into more prestigious colleges so they do carry a bit of weight.
 
Barry I was a college President & hs President. A College President can manage an average budget of 15 million dollars, some are 50 million. Did you read what I said at the top the salary is fifty thousand a year, for Bryce University in the story.

Student govs are like business. Hundreds of employees, the collect hundreds of dollars per student in student fees. They have a higher budget than some towns.

Being a college president also looks great applying to post grad. If you don't want a post grad, it can secure you a great corner office job, because you've proven you can manage a Multi million dollar budget. I've seen a lot of former big college presidents go on to public office, sucessfully. Like myself:)
 
I guess its different in some places in regards to importance. I went to Cal and everyone there considered the student government a joke (except the people who were in it), they would put up posters and campaign for one week of the year (and working for the student newspaper I had to cover them, unfortunately) and even had some sort of "political parties" they were assigned to, but everyone else on campus just thought it was really stupid and we never heard from them except during that week and a half of campaigning. The budgets they were in charge of were just deciding to distribute which clubs/extracurriculars were given funding and which weren't, the board wouldn't put budget decisions that were actually important in the hands of students, especially not students who were only in that position because other students found them attractive, popular, or appealing.

But I guess it could help if you wanted to go to grad school, and the people who were in it and running for stuff were really into it themselves. I would just say that its okay to have the candidates themselves really want it, but when interacting with random members of the student body make sure not to have the randoms think of it as some gigantic event.

Anyway I have two recommendations

1. Instead of a fictional college called Bryce, where you tell us how prestigious it is or whatever, set it at a real college like Yale or Princeton or Stanford or something. That way, the reader can connect more with the story and they think to themselves "Oh yeah, being student president at Yale would sound like a big deal" whereas they wouldn't really connect with how important being in student government at a fictional college would be. If you want Holly to be a slightly dumber sorority girl say that she got in because her father is rich and donated a lot of money or something.

2. It seems like the set up is for Holly to seduce Caleb in order to get ahead. In that case I'm not really sure what the point of Miles is or why he has such an elaborate back story. Instead of having it be a three-person race and Holly wants Caleb to NOT drop out because of some vote splitting stuff, just eliminate Miles entirely and have it be a two-person race between Holly and Caleb. The vote is 50/50 and now Holly is trying to seduce Caleb to drop out so she can win unopposed.

This I think would set the stage for more conflict in the story. If Caleb wants to drop out of the three person race already, then he obviously doesn't really care about the results of the election anymore and doesn't care which of the other two wins. So if Holly comes up to him and offers him sexual favors in exchange for him NOT dropping out so that she could win over Miles, Caleb really wouldn't have too much resistance to that, because there really aren't any stakes for him.

If, however, its a two person race and Caleb wants to win because he thinks it'll help his future, but Holly is trying to seduce him to drop out so she can win, now he's in a state of conflict because he's weighing the options for his future against his sexual desires.
 
Last edited:
I guess its different in some places in regards to importance. I went to Cal and everyone there considered the student government a joke (except the people who were in it), they would put up posters and campaign for one week of the year (and working for the student newspaper I had to cover them, unfortunately) and even had some sort of "political parties" they were assigned to, but everyone else on campus just thought it was really stupid and we never heard from them except during that week and a half of campaigning. The budgets they were in charge of were just deciding to distribute which clubs/extracurriculars were given funding and which weren't, the board wouldn't put budget decisions that were actually important in the hands of students, especially not students who were only in that position because other students found them attractive, popular, or appealing.

But I guess it could help if you wanted to go to grad school, and the people who were in it and running for stuff were really into it themselves. I would just say that its okay to have the candidates themselves really want it, but when interacting with random members of the student body make sure not to have the randoms think of it as some gigantic event.

Anyway I have two recommendations

1. Instead of a fictional college called Bryce, where you tell us how prestigious it is or whatever, set it at a real college like Yale or Princeton or Stanford or something. That way, the reader can connect more with the story and they think to themselves "Oh yeah, being student president at Yale would sound like a big deal" whereas they wouldn't really connect with how important being in student government at a fictional college would be. If you want Holly to be a slightly dumber sorority girl say that she got in because her father is rich and donated a lot of money or something.

2. It seems like the set up is for Holly to seduce Caleb in order to get ahead. In that case I'm not really sure what the point of Miles is or why he has such an elaborate back story. Instead of having it be a three-person race and Holly wants Caleb to NOT drop out because of some vote splitting stuff, just eliminate Miles entirely and have it be a two-person race between Holly and Caleb. The vote is 50/50 and now Holly is trying to seduce Caleb to drop out so she can win unopposed.

This I think would set the stage for more conflict in the story. If Caleb wants to drop out of the three person race already, then he obviously doesn't really care about the results of the election anymore and doesn't care which of the other two wins. So if Holly comes up to him and offers him sexual favors in exchange for him NOT dropping out so that she could win over Miles, Caleb really wouldn't have too much resistance to that, because there really aren't any stakes for him.

If, however, its a two person race and Caleb wants to win because he thinks it'll help his future, but Holly is trying to seduce him to drop out so she can win, now he's in a state of conflict because he's weighing the options for his future against his sexual desires.

1.I don't know which Cal you went to. But UCLA SG has a budget that's about 80 million. That's separate from the admin budget that would top into the billions. Berkley's budget is 16 mil. Where talking clubs yes but health insurance bus passes. As a SG President I met the Governor a former President, I networked and upon graduation I was offered a job most people work their lifetimes to get. Yes I went to Law school, but's that's just because I want to be Governor someday.

2. Bryce is the name of Billionaire family from my College day's and The Wrong thing to do series. Bryce College exists in College day's it's like a NYU in Ithaca instead of Cornell. I build it up there. I research a lot and to research an Ivey's SG would be time consuming. To find out internal info about UCLA SG I had to email them and their a lot more transparent.

3. Holly is not dumb I made her a great organizer and fundraiser. Everyone has particular skills. Miles and Holly are both capable in their own ways. Caleb is more capable than Miles in an experienced way; Miles is the best of the worst, but Caleb is that ideal leader. That no will ever elect the guy that can see the whole picture. Holly is qualified in her unique kind of way, she’s a social tactician. She’s smart she knows how to use her skills and she lets people underestimate her

4. The story centers on Caleb having an epiphany. He doesn’t care anymore, his long game is happiness now, effectiveness and duty later in life. He intends to have fun his last year in college, he already has enough credit hours, to slack off and an incredible resume. He’s going to go on exchange first semester to party at an Australian school. Then second semester he’ll come back to Bryce and party some more.
Holly catches up with him at a frat party, where she confronts him. She pushes his buttons about the issues to try to get him to jump back into the race. Holly promises to appoint him treasure when he losses, if he sticks in to vote split.
He tells her how he feels. She is shocked that somebody so resolute like him would give up. She’s also shocked to see how drunk he is. She then devices another plan when she finds Caleb tipsi at another party. Holly gets a sorority girl to seduce Caleb, with the intention of accusing him of rape as blackmail.
Unknown to Holly is that the sorority girl had always been fond of Caleb, after sex she confesses Holly’s plan. Not knowing that Caleb knows Holly, she blackmails Caleb into entering the race to vote slplit. In a game of cat and mouse he does it. My brain stopped working here

Two way race too simple
 
Back
Top