Immortal Love

The years seemed to fly passed them, the marriage of Samira's aide was a big occasion and Charles played so much music that day that he had to take off the next day. Of course the children grew older, told more stories and it was when one of the girls came to ask his advise on love, that he realized just how long they have been staying there. That evening he drew Samira aside,

"We need to talk, we have been here far too long."
 
Nodding a little as she glanced around. Everyone was growing older around them.

Where should we go now Deacon?
 
He fingered the guitar, it was well-worn, the varnish the only thing keeping the wood together, he needed the same wood that he had made his first guitar of. The thought brought a wild joy to his heart, his voice slipping into the natural accent of his homeland,

"Whe whill go to my home land mah dearh."
 
She raised a brow a little at the change in his voice but nodded.

So when and how?
 
"The papers have been drawn up, I can get word to a friend of mine who can get us away and boast about our deaths at sea. So I think it will take a week at the most."

He rested a hand on her elbow and smiled at her,

"You are growing into a very independent and strong woman Samira."
 
Another week... Very well deal with it and let me know.

She smiled at his words as she turned to go and prepare.
 
It took six days when the news came, it was another busy night, the people was clamoring for more and more music and dance. It was another early morning when they closed, Deacon waited for a chance to find Samira alone,

"Tonight at sunset a pirate ship will come into the harbor, we must be there. We will die in the attack and the pirates will take us over to my home."
 
Nodding she was ready as she would ever be to leave here. She was not fully sure about leaving but knew that they had to.

We will be there and this will all soon be... history.
 
Nodding she smiled as well.

Perhaps we should go for a walk together on the waterfront Deacon.
 
"And of course organize with our estate holder that he will get some of our belongings to the dock?"

He brushed a strand of her hair behind he ear and turned away to go get his things ready and get some sleep.
 
Of course.

She smiled to him and turned to tend to her things as well realizing how late it was sleep was tugging at her mind as well.
 
The next day his bags had been taken along with Samira's down to the harbor, it was with a heavy heart that Deacon went with the children that day to the town center. It was sunset when Samira came to meet him, the children already off to their own homes and other ventures. He smiled at her as she stopped next to him,

"So you ready to die in a pirate attack today?"
 
As ready as I will ever be I guess. Lets go...

She sighed and looked around their home for so long one more time and shaking her head she moved to do her normal wandering walk around town and the markets. She hoped he would join her this time.
 
He moved along with her, with him he had his sword, two pistols, his guitar and a across his back was his harp. A strange sight indeed, but with his drunken gait he was as harmless as could be and only the guards and a select few knew just how deadly he actually was. They were almost at the docks when the cries of alarm went up and the alarm bell starting tolling. Thunder roared out from the bay and cannonballs came crashing into houses, he gripped Samira's shoulder,

"Now!"
 
Nodding she began to follow his lead as they moved along. Jumping as the cannon balls hit clinging to him she watched to see where they were to go and what was to happen. She hated that this place had to be attacked so that they could flee without people learning about their curse but there was no other way and she knew it.
 
The cannons kept firing and the cannon balls kept falling into the roads, causing very little damage to the buildings. People started to run from the dock as the ship came sailing slowly closer to the side.

"Don't worry, they will just make a lot of noise, we just need to get to the far side of the dock. Our bags will be waiting there."

He tugged on her hand to start running with him.
 
She began running with him still concerned about those she had befriended here.

Lets hurry then I do not wish to see any damage they are doing.
 
They reached the dock and in the confusion very little people actually saw them, coming to the far end of the dock a row boat was waiting for them along with some pirates.

"Ah master of music. Come along you two."

Deacon helped Samira into the boat and got in along with her, the boat pushed away and started rowing further out to the dock as the ship started to turn and head back out of the bay, meeting up with them. Quickly the baggage got hoisted up and Deacon climbed up on the rope netting only to get hoisted up and planted on the deck by the captain himself.

"Well! I have gotten old! Look at this man, as young as the first day I laid eyes on him. Help the lady up lads and the first one to touch her dies!"
 
She accepted their help but moved close to Deacon once she was on board the ship. Biting her lip she glanced around thanking them for helping her aboard. Then looking to Deacon she smiled.

So how long is our traveling to get near your homeland?
 
"It will take a few weeks, if the wind holds of course."

He grinned,

"And of course if we don't pass some heavily laden trading ships."
 
She smiled still wary of the situation he has placed them in.

Very well lets hope for both that get us of this infernal wobbling sea.
 
The voyage itself was rather pleasant for Deacon, he played his music and sang for the pirates, he partook in the plundering of one merchant ship along the way. And of course the men knew that to come near Samira not only spelled instant death, it go would wash back onto their families as well.

It was three weeks later when they came into view of a misty island and Deacon stood next to the figurehead and looked out at the cliffs and the thunder of waves throwing themselves against the rock. A smile slowly crept over his mouth as he watched his home drawing closer.
 
She watched him sitting back on a barrel. She could see the smile beginning to grace his lips which brought a smile to her lips. She then looked past him to see the cliffs and the mist as it all slowly came clearer into view. Stopping one of the crew members as they walked past her.

What is this place called?
 
"Those cliffs are the Murder Cliffs, the whole place is called Scotland."

The sailor spat over the railing,

"Place where witches and ghosts live this land, mad men as well."

The sailor muttered as he moved on with his tasks
 
Back
Top