The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever had one of those slap in the face moments when you realise you've been talking to someone about something very important to you...then they say a few words which shows they haven't grasped even the slightest idea of what you've been saying? *bangs head on desk*

Happens all the time. Not to get too philosophical, I think many are so consumed by their own needs that they do not listen very well nor do they understand the impact when we discover that they were not listening.

In order to change this behavior you have to end each sentence with something like, "his dick is huge". So you are talking about the fight with your hubby with your friend...."I told him that his need to spend so much money on cars is breaking the budget and I can not tolerate it for another month (she fiddles with her iphone checking messages...and you say but his dick is so big". "Hey gotta run"

Or regarding the pay raise you feel you deserve and you try describing it to your best friend. "I told my boss that I have been filling in for my co-worker plus doing my own job for the last 6 weeks. We have not lost any clients and I just brought a (your friend yawns and looks away)...new account in and the guy has a huge dick. Gotta run see you later

Himself, I'm going to try that. :D

I just came home from a road trip with someone that may but probably won't become a significant-significant other, and getting to know each other was illuminating, to say the least... But one thing I really appreciated, that really felt like a great gift, was the way she listened. Both of us were guilty of assumptions. Sometimes the issue was easy to correct, a few times it took me, at least, some real effort to address something. But the pains she took to not go there ever again was both gratifying and inspiring.

I do think we are becoming significant somehow. Just wish we were better matched sexually.

Last edited:
I really love crochet. So I've been creating things lately. I'm finishing up a viking beard for Mister. ^_^ I can't help but combine my crafty side with my submissive side. I've been searching for patterns to re-purpose and turn into BDSM gear. :D

Now to go order some nylon yarn.... :devil:

So... Spent a few hours doing the new job thing this afternoon, and since everyone else was busy, ended up helping someone in another department with items for a client.

15 minutes later...

"She'll put X on hold to wear for her alterations tomorrow (the reason they needed help in the first place), and she'd also like Y in this, this and two of these colors. Oh and I'll be here at 2pm tomorrow to help at the dress fitting."

Clerk - you just added $500 to my sale.

"Oh and her daughter will be getting ___; she's still undecided about the second item. Thank you so much for calling me over; it's been ages since I've been in a dressing room! I've really missed it!"

Clerk - that's like $700. And you didn't even use a measuring tape!

"I know." ;)

Happyhappyhappy

It's Meatless October (I'm not doing it though), and inspired by that I actually googled some statistics on how much meat is consumed on average per year per person. I'm shocked.

215 grams / 7.5 oz? Every day? Seriously? Considering that most people have fish at least once a week and veggie meals at least every now and again, the amout of meat consumed baffles me. I realize that some meat is wasted in large kitchens, like schools and hospitals, but still. Mind blown. All of a sudden I understand a lot better why there are so many laxative ads on TV.

So... Spent a few hours doing the new job thing this afternoon, and since everyone else was busy, ended up helping someone in another department with items for a client.

15 minutes later...

"She'll put X on hold to wear for her alterations tomorrow (the reason they needed help in the first place), and she'd also like Y in this, this and two of these colors. Oh and I'll be here at 2pm tomorrow to help at the dress fitting."

"Oh and her daughter will be getting ___; she's still undecided about the second item. Thank you so much for calling me over; it's been ages since I've been in a dressing room! I've really missed it!"

"I know." ;)

Happyhappyhappy

I'm gathering the impression that you excel in your profession ;)

It's Meatless October (I'm not doing it though), and inspired by that I actually googled some statistics on how much meat is consumed on average per year per person. I'm shocked.

215 grams / 7.5 oz? Every day? Seriously? Considering that most people have fish at least once a week and veggie meals at least every now and again, the amout of meat consumed baffles me. I realize that some meat is wasted in large kitchens, like schools and hospitals, but still. Mind blown. All of a sudden I understand a lot better why there are so many laxative ads on TV.

Jesus. Nearly half a pound of meat a day? That makes me gag just thinking about it.

Jesus. Nearly half a pound of meat a day? That makes me gag just thinking about it.

Yep. In the US the number's a bit higher, too.

I found this: http://chartsbin.com/view/12730

In 2009 Ethiopia: 8.5kg per person annually, Mozambique 7.8kg, India 4.4kg. Finland 74.8kg, USA 120.2kg.

Finland's number has since risen, USA's lowered.

Last edited:
*shrug* I don't see anything wrong with a higher-meat diet, assuming you're eating plenty of proper vegetables with them. Tribal Inuits (I believe that is the group) have a diet nearing 100% meat, and they get along just fine. I'm sure there's some population adaptation to that diet, but it's not like they're a different species.

Honestly, 7.5 oz sounds like a reasonable number. But I try to eat meat with most my meals because that's how I feel healthiest (even breakfast, as eggs make my stomach upset). At 3oz/serving, it adds up quickly. Heck, getting cuts that small can be a pain in the behind, unless you're dividing it up yourself! Even a wild-shot bird may have more meat on them than 7.5 oz (particularly if you count the offal)

I guess it just depends on what you're used to. I'm not saying y'all are wrong to think that's a lot of meat; it just doesn't sound like it to me. If anything, it sounds like it'd be inaccurate on the low side...

Out of curiosity, do you know what the statistics were defining as "meat"? Beef/Pork/Poultry? Fish/Seafood as well (which is, technically, meat)?

Last edited:
The number I used for Finland consists of beef, pork, mutton, horse, reindeer, venison, other game and offal. I don't know what's meat in that map statistic I showed, but based on Finland's number, I don't think fish/seafood is included.

This week, for example, I've had around 300g of meat, consisting of chicken, a venison sausage and a couple of slices of bacon, so from my point of view over 200g of meat every day really sounds like a lot.

Last edited:

15 minutes later...

"I know." ;)

Happyhappyhappy

Where's the love button? So happy for you.

The number I used for Finland consists of beef, pork, mutton, horse, reindeer, venison, other game and offal. I don't know what's meat in that map statistic I showed, but based on Finland's number, I don't think fish/seafood is included.

This week, for example, I've had around 300g of meat, consisting of chicken, a venison sausage and a couple of slices of bacon, so from my point of view over 200g of meat every day really sounds like a lot.

Fair enough, like I said, I suppose it just depends what you're used to :) I have a feeling the US statistic doesn't bother to include reindeer :p

Fair enough, like I said, I suppose it just depends what you're used to :) I have a feeling the US statistic doesn't bother to include reindeer :p

Yeah, because you people are nice enough not to slaughter Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Reindeer is good, though. Tastes kinda like bambi. :devil:

Yeah, because you people are nice enough not to slaughter Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Reindeer is good, though. Tastes kinda like bambi. :devil:

bambi's pretty tasty...also I don't believe we HAVE reindeer in North America. I could be wrong, but I thought it was a Eurasia thing. We have Caribou instead?

Blurt: Lit-chat is HYSTERICAL.

bambi's pretty tasty...also I don't believe we HAVE reindeer in North America. I could be wrong, but I thought it was a Eurasia thing. We have Caribou instead?

Blurt: Lit-chat is HYSTERICAL.

Same animal, different label, accodring to Wikipedia.

I've never managed to get Lit-chat work. I wanna be part of the hystericality, too!

Meat is pretty expensive. We don't have it very often. When we do, its like a single chicken breast split between the two of us. It's not one of those weird antibiotic engorged chickens, either. Vegetables and white rice are what we regularly consume.

^_^ This doesn't include meals out, though. Hm, but we rarely do that unless someone else is paying ;)

Meatless October sounds like fun!

15 minutes later...

"I know." ;)

Happyhappyhappy
Well, at least one person now knows what a gem they got when they got you! :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back