the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101
How many definitions of original are there?

There are several different ways to use the word. You are trying to stretch the meaning you want to a different context. When you are talking about the context of a story that is original as in never being submitted to a specific contest before, you need to put it into that context: "original to this contest." You don't slap a "shockingly" adjective on the front of it, because that changes the context of the word's meaning completely.

Try not being stupid about this, Box.

In the online dictionary, there are five definitions of original as an adjective:

1. belonging or pertaining to the origin or beginning of something, or to a thing at its beginning: The book still has its original binding.

2. new; fresh; inventive; novel: an original way of advertising.

3. arising or proceeding independently of anything else: an original view of history.

4. capable of or given to thinking or acting in an independent, creative, or individual manner: an original thinker.

5. created, undertaken, or presented for the first time: to give the original performance of a string quartet.

The fifth definition is the one I took to be meant, and the adverb is no more than hyperbole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101
How many definitions of original are there?

In the online dictionary, there are five definitions of original as an adjective:

1. belonging or pertaining to the origin or beginning of something, or to a thing at its beginning: The book still has its original binding.

2. new; fresh; inventive; novel: an original way of advertising.

3. arising or proceeding independently of anything else: an original view of history.

4. capable of or given to thinking or acting in an independent, creative, or individual manner: an original thinker.

5. created, undertaken, or presented for the first time: to give the original performance of a string quartet.

The fifth definition is the one I took to be meant, and the adverb is no more than hyperbole.

You destroy your own idiotic position, Box. The context you cited is not, by your own posting above, the context that you claim it to be.

Just stop this nonsense (not least because you are bumping this thread up).

Last edited:
boxy as I’m sure you know the QUEEN’S sentence that you quoted is not part of the rules of the contest. As has been pointed out there is no rule specifically forbidding anyone from entering the same story they entered last year (as has been proven repeatedly by darkboy).

And even if there was such a rule (but there isn’t) all of us who’ve been observing the Themed Contest scene here at LITEROTICA know that the QUEEN would likely enforce or not enforce it depending on her mood of the moment or who was breaking it. darkboy, jayman, and the moonman (among many others) have all benefited from almost incomprehensible rule interpretations.

I brought up the baron on this thread only because you boxy and others seemed to be taking cheap shots at him without any of us knowing all the facts. Over the years I’ve seen far too many “most favorited” authors attacked for no reason other than their success. Jealousy invariably rears its ugly head.

tumblr_lmwjb1dTrz1qk2tfyo1_500.jpg

this is not the baron de sade…

rgjohn was ruthlessly attacked in AHland when he soared to the top.

The delightful sarahhh was shamelessly besmirched by authors who lusted after her place.

The kitten sisters followed. The first brought down by her ‘supposed’ friends far more than by those who were ultimately accused. Big sis too eventually fell. In her case a just reward for the evil things she’d done against first sarahhh and then even her younger sister.

slickman was number 1 for a short period but he too was brought down.

And so today we have two famed MANU AWARD winners going after the top spot. In my opinion both would be more than deserving leaders – goldengirl and the good baron have been successfully delighting readers on this site for years. I can only wish them both good luck.

For there is one thing all AHers know (yes even those who disparage the greats) and that is that every single one of the top ten most “favorited” authors have earned their place at the top. They’ve done it one story at a time … one reader at a time.

image.php

I must confess that I cringe every time I see a post purportedly coming from my old pal freddie. These attempts by ralphie and SusieQ to perpetuate the freddie myth, these attempts to steals works penned by one of LITEROTICA’S greatest authors, these attempts to achieve immortality by pretending to be the MANU AWARD winning BOSTONFICTIONWRITER, is the most sickening thing I’ve seen in all my years on this site. And I’ve seen some pretty sick things!!!!

corpse-fucking-art.jpg

hasn’t he suffered enough?

But I must say I didn’t know it had progressed this far. SusieQ is now removing stories written by freddie and resubmitting them under her own name?

What next? Will she take a stab at Shakespeare? Change a few words and submit “Much Ado About Mommy” and the “Merry Wives of Woburn”?

And worse still it appears (if SQ’s post is true) LAUREL is a partner in this scheme to steal freddie’s greatest works. Didn’t she do enough to him when she stole two SURVIVER Contests from him?

But I must say I didn’t know it had progressed this far. SusieQ is now removing stories written by freddie and resubmitting them under her own name?

"Her" ability to remove Freddie's stories pretty much puts a spike in your wasted post right there, doesn't it? :D

NymphWriter_14063765053a6694821b-converted.jpg

My dear NymphWriter,

Well done! All of us associated with ScouriesWorld and the the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.) are delighted that you've entered a story in the

2012 Halloween Contest

And you should feel happy with your results. Good luck in the contest.

One small parting word of advice - your stock would go way up with the LITEROTICA reading public if you took the time and "favorited" yours truly.

I wish it did ace! I just wish that such evil didn't exist here in LITEROTICA. I just wish our fair MONARCH :cattail: wasn't party to the nefarious deeds being orchestrated by the ex-nurses ralphie and SusieQ.

I just wish they haddn't murdered this giant of erotic fiction after stealing all his secrets (and secret passwords).

Only you ace would find this funny:
6134857_72c0479c1f_m.jpeg

freddie

I'm pretty sure a whole lot of us here find you funny--in more than one sense of the word. :D

image.php

I must confess that I cringe every time I see a post purportedly coming from my old pal freddie. These attempts by ralphie and SusieQ to perpetuate the freddie myth, these attempts to steals works penned by one of LITEROTICA’S greatest authors, these attempts to achieve immortality by pretending to be the MANU AWARD winning BOSTONFICTIONWRITER, is the most sickening thing I’ve seen in all my years on this site. And I’ve seen some pretty sick things!!!!

What next? Will she take a stab at Shakespeare? Change a few words and submit “Much Ado About Mommy” and the “Merry Wives of Woburn”?

And worse still it appears (if SQ’s post is true) LAUREL is a partner in this scheme to steal freddie’s greatest works. Didn’t she do enough to him when she stole two SURVIVER Contests from him?

Susie Q has never posted anything here. http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=143550&page=submissions

NymphWriter_14063765053a6694821b-converted.jpg

My dear NymphWriter,

Well done! All of us associated with ScouriesWorld and the the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.) are delighted that you've entered a story in the

2012 Halloween Contest

And you should feel happy with your results. Good luck in the contest.

One small parting word of advice - your stock would go way up with the LITEROTICA reading public if you took the time and "favorited" yours truly.

I will consider it, but to be honest, I'm not a fan of incest stories. Now, I also believe to each his or her own as far as writing goes.

Even though it's none of your business, Dark, I asked Laurel's permission if I could delete some of my BostonFictionWriter stories to rewrite them and resubmit them as SusanJillParker. I've deleted 250 of my BostonFictionWriter stories so far to rewrite them as e-Books and to repost them here.

Laurel said that I could repost them so long as I realized, having already been posted on Literotica, that they could not compete in any contests. Further that my reposted stories wouldn't appear on the first page of the new story list. As far as I'm concerned the rewritten stories are so far from the original stories that I don't deem them the same story.

As an example, I rewrote my 60,000 word Love So Young and Reposted it as 115,000 word Love So Young. The book now appears on Amazon as Love So Young, Volume 1 and Love So Young, Volume 2.

Whatever I do is first checked with and approved by Laurel. I comply with any and all current Literotica rules. The only contest I'm allowed to win here, matter of fact, I've had the current Survivor contest rules tattooed on my ass. When I turn, bend, and look in the mirror, I think of all the people here who continue to bad mouth me and insult me even though I don't bother anyone. I just mind my own business and write my stories.

By the way, my current 24,000 word Halloween contest story, Mother's Halloween Trick Treats Son is all original. Good luck in the Halloween contest and have a nice day.

I just wanna see that tatoo one more time before I die. :heart::eek::heart:

You destroy your own idiotic position, Box. The context you cited is not, by your own posting above, the context that you claim it to be.

Just stop this nonsense (not least because you are bumping this thread up).

I think this argument can be settled with a good old fashioned, "They make the rules, if you don't like it leave."

Although I haven't seen "The Baron" complaining, then again I don't think he posts here all too often.

I posted in the REAL contest thread about something I thought I read here about not using something previously published on lit, but damned if I can find it.

I'm not sure on the rules, but I would just think common sense would tell you, you can't do that.

That and the fact the guys written enough stories that I would have thought he could come up with one more.

she's cheating again????

She's actually trying it again! After she's been caught in the last three themed contests and branded as the cheat she apparantly is. This time she's entering another mommy story -who does she think she is - SusieQ?

Rumors are the story has been on the site before with a different title and different author name but who knows...

And then slipping it in late and not with the other contest entries. Her theory is that she doesn't want real contest readers finding it - only her hundreds of VOTING ALTS.

comv14bcbb05185616f9d7523920f2com-1-0.jpg

lovergirls bio?

It'll be interesting to see how her latest cheating gambit works in the LITEROTICA section of the contest...

But I can promise you one thing - it's not going to work in the:

[size=+2]the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2012 Halloween Contest

we've already kicked her comic ass out of the A.I.R. Contest!!!

Nymphwriter, after you read the first few paragraphs of scummies putrid, alt inflated suck fest, do yourself a favor and check out alwayswanted too, silk stocking lover, Heyall or pretty much any other author who writes incest, please don;t judge the category by its worst representative

tumblr_lvzs8amQrO1qggul9o1_500.jpg

STAY TUNED

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT CUMING TOMORROW

Is it possible that our favorite cheating threadmistress is referring to the #1 most voted on and most commented on story on the site?

Incest Stories

Nymphwriter, after you read the first few paragraphs of scummies putrid, alt inflated suck fest, do yourself a favor and check out alwayswanted too, silk stocking lover, Heyall or pretty much any other author who writes incest, please don;t judge the category by its worst representative

I don't judge those who write stories in this particular category, but I personally find these stories not my personal taste. Some writers have a nice mix of stories, while others just write stories in one specific category. This is the same way some readers will never a non-human story, a category I actually enjoy. Those few fans who I chat with, have been told early on this category bothers me personally, and have understood my decline in wanting to read theses stories. In turn, I know that my least read story is the one I have in the Non-Human category. A story I feel is pretty good in its own right... but I'll also admit an author's bias.

All of us read what we like. I don't judge writers of a specific category, I choose not to read their stories, no matter how good (or bad) they are. I rely on fans of that genre to make that call. I guess that's the nice part about being an American... I have this freedom to choose.

yes ladies and gentlemen a.i.r. is taking it to a new level...

tumblr_lvzs8amQrO1qggul9o1_500.jpg

2012 Winter Holiday Contest

Literotica Winter Holidays
themes: winter holiday traditions (dreidels, gift giving, etc.), cold weather (snow), holiday mythology (Santa, elves), etc.
starts: November 10
closes: December 7
winners announced: December 14

Not so fast!!!!!!

A.I.R. has decided to take it to the next level! Two contests for the price of one!

Two MANUS to be awarded!

Unfortunately the LITEROTICA Winter Contest has fallen on hard times – a contest with no enforceable theme and no original stories. A dull contest story list full of Pauletta stories, Survivor authors and reworked SciFi/NH stories pumped out using the darkboy cut-and-paste technique.

Our readers have had enough! A.I.R. headquarters has been bombarded by complaints about this deluge of AHland dross.

They want a return to quality.

They want the return of the “most favorited”.

They want their votes to count.

And so the

has, with the added sponsorship provided by the good people of

[size=+2] ScouriesWorld[/size]

answered these requests and decided to hold two contests over the next two months. The first is the

2012 A.I.R. Thanksgiving Contest

starts: November 1st
closes: November 22nd
winners announced: November 24th

This will be followed by the

2012 A.I.R. Xmas/New Years Contest

starts: December 1st
closes: December 25th
winners announced: December 29th

Stay Tuned: Full details on these two contests will be issued over the next week.​

tumblr_llogckSMIv1qf8kzuo1_400.jpg

QUOTE moonman, aka DKMoon, aka darksider aka scouries_ I may submit an entry....
Most undoubtedly without the voting. . . LOL!

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the moonman entered a contest and followed the rules?

At one time our gay cowboy wrote great brother and sister incest stories. But then he joined the dark side and hasn’t produced anything of any worth since.

All of us at ScouriesWorld would welcome back the old moonie.

But we definitely don’t want him if he’s simply going to flout the rules aand insult our readers.

You're the reason he turned off voting and everyone should know that. You are the reason he left the first time and you can't stand that he's back and that he doesn't give a fuck what you think.

Having voting turned off is not against any rule on Lit. It just means he can't win and he know this. You on the other hand have no idea what that means. It's a slap in your face, straight up and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Original Ideas

Unfortunately the LITEROTICA Winter Contest has fallen on hard times – a contest with no enforceable theme and no original stories. A dull contest story list full of Pauletta stories, Survivor authors and reworked SciFi/NH stories pumped out using the darkboy cut-and-paste technique.

As someone who has only written her own original stories that might have been influenced by the world around her, I find this comment a bit offensive. Though I'm not partaking in the Survivor contest, I did submit a story to the Halloween contest that I wrote myself, and the idea was solely mine. If I chose to write a winter themed or a Thanksgiving themed story, it will be an original work. I would like to think that those who write for these contests, like myself, create original works of erotica literature.

Please don't assume that those of us who dare to enter a contest are all frauds. I'd rather lose and write a quality piece, than win with a fraud. And since my 1st entry to Halloween has a 4.71 with over 300 votes in 3 weeks (the most in such a short time for one of my stories), I've got no complaints.

Scouries lives to be offensive. And you are sending him onto Cloud 9 by trying to reason with him about it.

(P.S. He takes what someone identifies to him as offensive to them as both an invitation and a road map.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back