Salvation (closed)

thepoeticmaster2121

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 10, 2013
Posts
1,847
It was the kind of day you didn’t want to be caught dead in

The heaven themselves were crying spilling their tears out into the sky and down onto the earth. They fell in fat droplets and small some hard as a rock and others as soft as a lovers kiss, some of them were cold as ice while others seemed to have tiny fire in side of them. They were uniform and chaos at the same time and their one true similarity was that they were many. They fell so hard and so fast they created a wall between every thing making every thing half shaped and blurry. The sky crackled with thunder rolling with intensity as the white hot energy burned across the dark thunder clouds making the storm look like a dangerous beast.

It was definitely not the kind of weather you wanted to be riding a motorcycle through. Yet one small red bike burned across the empty high way. Winds buffeted it on all sides making it rock dangerously and wobble and list from side to side. The rider on the bike was all but hidden as the rain created a mini cocoon around him. A fleeting view of his leather clad body would appear every few seconds only to be swallowed whole by the rain again. Watching the man struggle against the forces of nature was both frightening and exciting at the same time. Maybe he would win? Prove that man could master the environment.

The dream was shattered however a particular hard gust of win sent him careening off the road. The bike crashed first getting tangled in a few bushes before gently rolling to a stop. The man however wasn’t so lucky he didn’t have any bushes to break his fall instead he had the rocks and they greeted him harshly bouncing him off their center as he tumbled down down down. Luckily the trees parted for him and he finally landed with a gently thud right into the muddy bank.

He didn’t move for a while

He finally gave a soft groan and got up. His leather riding gear and helmet was dirty caked in his blood and mud. Torn pieces hung from his body half of it the leather and the other half his flesh. In truth it was amazing he was still alive much less walking. He moved his head as if trying to get his bearings before he began moving groaning in pain with each step he took. He traveled through the forest feeling the rain pounding on his back. He moved for a few minutes before he finally spotted a building a broken church shinning up at him like a beacon.

Would he find salvation there?

Alexander Stone reached the door and weakly pounded on it. His knees buckled and suddenly he was kneeling his helmet pressed against the wooden door as he began croaking out a desperate plea for help.

“some one please”

“help me”
 
The pained voice echoed through the empty halls, bouncing off cold stone and ricocheting around the remnants of the church. A once glorious building to provide a place of prayer to the needy and solace to the lonely now left to crumble under the never ending pressure of the wind and rain. Vivid glass, it's stained images of biblical stories, now cracked and fading. Somewhere in it's past it had changed from house of the Lord to a true den of iniquity, pews making way for cocktail tables, the altar for a bar.

And yet for all that, for every injustice done against it's walls and what it stood for, it was still a haven in a storm. And so, as a plaintive cry for help was heard, sanctuary was given.

When the heavy door opened, the young man was unconscious. It didn't take a trained eye to realise he was badly hurt and in need of serious attention. Moving him inside out of the rain wasn't as easy as it could have been, his frame weighed down by sodden leather, but before long he was out of the wind and rain and finally in a place where the help he needed could be given.

Caring hands removed his soaked clothing, easing it away from wounds. Tenderly, blood was washed away, cuts and grazes cleaned of the grit and dirt that clung within them. Soon he was as comfortable as he could be outside of a hospital and so the hands that had brought him inside now stayed with him, as the night wore on.

It was what she, and so many like her, had always done. Watching over the mortals that lived out their lives on Earth. Angels like Alvara had always been around. Guiding and protecting the humans that crossed their paths.

As the sun rose the next morning, the storm long gone, it's light shining through the stained glass painted the inside of the church with a rainbow. She knelt beside him for a few more moments, sure he was through the worst of it. He'd have a headache, and a few more aches no doubt, but he would walk away from his accident relatively intact. Confused, and unable to account for his apparent care and condition but...alive. And that was all that truly mattered.

Smiling down, Alvara brushed an errant lock of hair from his forehead. The heavy curtain of her own chesnut coloured mane falling down in rolling waves around her face. Pale blue, almost violet, eyes warm as they moved over his face. For a second she thought him stirring and so quickly left him to awaken on his own. In time gone by she would have left the mortal realm entirely upon leaving a human charge in a better condition than the one in which she had found it. But something had gone wrong and now, she was stuck. Tethered to the church, or that which remained of it.

And so, holding her breath as she ducked behind a beautifully carved screen and crouched low to the ground, Alvara hid as the stranger awoke.
 
He had hazy memories of the night

Alexander Stone remembered tumbling through the air. He remembered the pelting rain even as he smashed into the tree. In a way he saw the accident as if he was outside of it. In a way it was like a slow moving train wreck one he couldn’t stop but only watch helplessly. He barely remembered the sting of the rocks he only remembered knocking on the door weakly before passing out. The night was even more of a hazy memory he didn’t remember the door opening or the rain stopping but at one point he realized he was dry. After that he sunk back into the black abyss of darkness only waking again when felt a pair of soft hands caressing his form.

His eyelids fluttered open for only the briefest of seconds revealing a pair of startling electric green eyes. He searched her face for a second his eyes wide and warm as he tried to figure out who the girl was who was taking care of him. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on an angel really. Her expression was worried and he wanted to ask her if he was going to die. Before he could however he was back in the black floundering and trying to get back to the pretty girl.

When light finally returned to him it was the early in the morning. He blinked and opened his eyes groaning and stretching his sore body.

“Wait a second” Alex murmured remembering the accident. He rose and paused surprised at how great he felt. Alex last memory was bouncing across rocks and that was after he had hit a tree! Yet aside from a headache and a few new bruises and sore muscles he seemed to be okay. How had he survived?

Who saved him

“Hello” He called out running a hand through his short black hair as his eyes swept the broken church. He didn’t hear any answer so he looked around trying to figure out where he was. Strangely enough he seemed to be in an abandoned church. It was a breath taking church even though it was broken but it gave him no insight into who saved him. The caretaker? Some missionary?
“Hello?” He tried one more time

No voice rose to greet him

He shrugged and sighed deciding it was best he leave it alone. He reached for his ripped leather jacket and winced deciding to leave it. Instead he turned and moved to the door opening it and looking back at the church one more time. He finally shrugged and closed the door leaving only his jacket behind.
 
Alvara had seen many come and go. When ones life had gone on for as long as hers had, years seemed to morph together. Decades flashed by like months and soon, before she ever truly realised, the world outside had changed and the time since she'd last been home had become centuries.Why she was trapped, she didn't know. For she was trapped. The church was a pretty prison but that didn't change the truth. Alvara was stuck within it's walls. Throughout the years she looked over the building and all those that entered it.

The Church had been named for Saint Christopher and it was to him she had been in service, watching out for travellers of all kinds. When his church had been desecrated, so very long ago now, and the link with the heavens lost, she had been left behind. The only heavenly element of the church and it's former purpose to remain.

She'd watched with horror as the church had been changed, abused. Her heart aching as places of prayer become places of sin. She had hidden herself in the clock tower and waited for the sinners to leave, as eventually they did. Afterwards, the church was largely abandoned, a relic of a long forgotten time. The city grew, she could hear it's hum in the dead of night, but the woodland where the church had been built remained untouched.

Lost travellers sometimes found their way there and she helped them, pointed them in the right direction. Had food for hungry bellies and comfort for those in need. She wondered what had happened to the world outside, that there were so many young people apparently without homes. The road that wound through the trees not far away brought people too. People like the young man recovering on the floor.

She shifted her position and watched, curiously, as he roused himself and checked his limbs. Smiling, a little proudly, that she had helped to heal him as much as she had. Her powers were not as they once had been but there was enough divine energy to help take the worst of the injuries away. She'd be tired for the next few days but to see him stand and walk without too much difficulty meant it was worth it.

Alvara shrank back behind the screen as his gaze swept across her hiding place. His voice calling out. It seemed he had seen her. Or, thought he had.
To her great surprise she almost replied. It had been a long time since she'd had someone to talk to.
Angels were social beings, they longed for the companionship of other angels and the humans they cared for.
But she bit her tongue. He had been hurt and now he wasn't. There would be awkward questions and that wouldn't end well.

With a sigh, she watched him go. His handsome face confused as he headed out of the door. Rising to stand she spotted his jacket on the floor. The leather was beyond repair and she didn't blame him for leaving it. Padding on silent feet she picked it up and held it for a moment. A memento of a visitor to add to the others she'd gathered over the years. She went to fold it over and frowned, something within it wouldn't let her. Turning it over in her hands, she reached within and found a pocket, containing a wallet.

Blue eyes bright with curiosity she opened it. Most of the contents was foreign to her. Small rectangles with words that meant nothing. A fastening that held what sounded like money behind it. But what caught her eye and made her smile was a likeness of the young man, his face smiling back at her from beneath a small window like creation within the wallet.
There were more words beside it that didn't interest her but two words did.
"Alexander," She murmured, reading his name and looking back to the green eyed face before her. "It suits you."

Smiling she laid the jacket back down, folded carefully into four, and placed the wallet almost reverently on top of it. The picture she'd managed to pull from beneath the window. It was attached to one of the many cards and she didn't think he'd need it, should he return for the rest.
Holding it gently in her hand she headed for the clock tower. To put his picture where she slept. It would be nice to have a smile like that to wake up to.
 
Back
Top