Where did Intrepid_Fate go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_breezy

Virgin
Joined
Jan 7, 2013
Posts
2
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I was just wondering knew where he went. He's the author of the Path of the Necromancer series and the Fate of Terra series, and both are incomplete! It's been about 3 months now, just looking for some closure if anyone knows that he's done, taking a break, etc.
 
So...

Anyone have any news on this?

I know it's been almost 9 months, but I was kinda hoping SOMEone might know something by now.

Anyone?

Bueller?
 
Erm. One of the problems with using anonymous "nyms" on Literotica is that unless a writer reveals his/her real name to another writer/writers, no one will know who he/she is. How frequently did Intrepid-Fate submit stories/chapters when he/she was active? Perhaps he/she abandoned Literotica or writing stories entirely. It happens.
 
Well, considering how he was writing, I'm definitely losing hope. (Though other writers have come back after longer breaks, so there's still that.)

Member Since: July 18, 2012

Bio Last Modified: October 1, 2012 (Last chapter released on 10/23/12)


And yet, in that short time, he posted 1 full 'book' (his term, not mine), and part of a 2nd 'book' in the same universe, as well as 3 chapters of another story.

This was NOT a small amount of writing.

The first story was "The Fate of Terra", of which there are 47 pages (Lit-length), and, accounting for the 'last page of each chapter' reduction, (as each 'last page' counts as a full page on the chapter index, regardless of length), probably closer to 35 full pages, Lit-length, as a conservative estimate. (Which equates to, I believe, about 190-195 pages in Microsoft Word, with an assumed average of ~5.5 Word pages per Lit page.)

The second story (which was even better than the first, sadly), "Path of the Necromancer", of which there are 22 pages Lit-length, or closer to 20, actual (again, accounting for the 'last page' discrepancy), which is about 108-112 pages in Microsoft Word.



And he did this all in only a few months, which has lead many to believe he is a professional writer. (Well, that, and the fact that there was no editor credited in the chapters.)


I really hope he isn't gone, because his stories were definitely in the high end of quality. He had a talking necromancer's tome with the personality of a deadpan snarker. That's freaking awesome.
 
I am absolutely hooked on path of a necromancer,it is without doubt the best story i have read on literotica.

It really makes me quite sad that now in 2014 there is still no sign of I_F and the trail only grows colder every day,i still hope that one day he will come back and just unload pages and pages of his mastercraft but unfortunately i don't think that will happen as he simply vanished .Whether he stopped due to reasons just known to him or the situation he is in doesn't allow it.i wish i had the power of the web admin to get his email and just tell him how much people want to read his work but sadly i can't do that.
ill keep tabs and hope more gets added to his story.
 
You can go to any one of his stories, click on his name and then on "contact" in his profile, and you can ask the author via a private email. Be sure to include your own email address and hopefully you will get an answer that way.
 
I send an email roughly once a month asking him to come back and that his readers miss him and that we hope everything is okay in his life
 
I discovered his necomancer series only a few days ago and it is so amazing.
A shame that he is gone.

I tried to find out more about him but the only thing I found was another website which copied his necromancer story.
 
agreed

as sad as it is it seems Intrepid_Fate is gone from here bow your heads in mourning all who have read those works
 
Unknown

What if I_F died? That could be another reason why some of the best stories I've read have no end. I know you guys don't want to even think about the possibility of this and I hope I'm wrong as well. Heres hoping that I'm wrong.
 
I too would love to see intrepid fate return and continue writing. His story path of the necromancer was one of the first stories I ever read on lit and I fell in love with it immediately.
 
I've often wondered what happened to the writer myself. Fate of Terra was one of the first series I read on this site.
 
Hey everyone,
I'm finishing off path of the necromancer and Fate of Terra.
That is if I get the support for it, so far the story log is up there so take a look and let me know what oyu think
JC
 
Hey everyone,
I'm finishing off path of the necromancer and Fate of Terra.
That is if I get the support for it, so far the story log is up there so take a look and let me know what oyu think
JC

Where are you posting this? I'd like to read it
 
Story pulled?

Does anyone know why pth of the necromancer was pulled? It's been "waiting moderator approval" for the past week. Why was this even removed in the first place.
 
From reading the thread, it looks like someone continued someone else's work without the original author's permission and the Web site doesn't permit that.
 
But that should only mean that the unauthorized version gets removed, not the original.
 
Does anyone know why pth of the necromancer was pulled? It's been "waiting moderator approval" for the past week. Why was this even removed in the first place.

From what I understand someone going by the name J Palliser is selling a story called Necromancer on amazon https://www.amazon.com/Necromancer-J-Palliser/dp/1537527126 that is very similar to Path of the Necromancer, and due to a copyright claim the story has been removed pending an investigation.

We'll see whether or not this is actually intrepid fate or a bottom feeder trying to steal the story. Personally I think it's probably the latter.



ps. I have no idea why my join date is dec 1969. I know I made this account a long time ago but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that long ago. :)
 
Last edited:
From what I understand someone going by the name J Palliser is selling a story called Necromancer on amazon https://www.amazon.com/Necromancer-J-Palliser/dp/1537527126 that is very similar to Path of the Necromancer, and due to a copyright claim the story has been removed pending an investigation.

We'll see whether or not this is actually intrepid fate or a bottom feeder trying to steal the story. Personally I think it's probably the latter.



ps. I have no idea why my join date is dec 1969. I know I made this account a long time ago but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that long ago. :)

Holy SHIT! You think it's him? Has he returned but gone legit?!!! I will pay ANYTHING to get some closure on Path of the Necromancer.
 
Looks like it's a bottom feeder. He clearly states in his smashwords profile that he started publishing in 2015, but PotN has been around since 2012. I_T had already long been inactive when this guy started, and he has the gall to say "some peon is stealing from him [me]"
 
Why is it people with fewer than 30 posts keep coming to this thread to spam Lit with non Lit stories? Either other people steal Intrepid_fate's work and post it, or someone tries to resurface tales Intrepid_fate removed from Lit of his own free will.


Time to respect the author's wishes.
 
Regarding J. Palliser

Regarding J. Palliser's story Necromancer, which we unpublished due to a copyright complaint. I have found other authors' work published as J. Palliser's - I've contacted a couple writers here, one not active since 2002, another, just now, last active in 2016 so I hope to hear back from them if their republishings are authorized. J Palliser is the author name at smash words btw

If anyone has information that will help me investigate please contact me. Unfortunately this sort of thing happens to Literotica authors who are not keeping an eye on their IP.
MV
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top