Bitching about Boston

Impostor charged in 1985 slaying in Calif.
March 16, 2011

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...ged_in_85_slaying_of_calif_man/?p1=News_links

The long saga of the man known as Clark Rockefeller, who went from his birthplace in Bavaria, Germany, to the poshest society circles across the United States before landing in a Massachusetts prison, took another turn yesterday when he was charged with murder in the 1985 slaying of his former landlord in California.

Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter
Born and raised in West Germany.

Comes to America and marries a woman in Wisconsin and abandons after the wedding in 1981.

Lives with a nice American couple in the 1980s and murders them.
Goes to Massachusetts with their truck.

Lives under assumed names and pretends his is rich and and upper class.

Clark Rockefeller, Chris C. Crowe, Chris Chichester, Christopher Chichester

Marries again to a rich American woman. Abuses her and her money. She gets fed up with the abuse.

She discovered parts of what and who he really was.

He makes a new plan for himself. Establishes a new identity or two in Baltimore.

His plans include kidnapping the daughter he has with his rich wife.

March 16, 2011

Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter

Until the 2008 kidnapping, Gerhartsreiter was a fixture in Boston society. Married to a high-level executive at McKinsey & Co., Gerhartsreiter lived in a Beacon Hill brownstone and let friends believe he was a member of the wealthy Rockefeller family, but was evasive when pressed about his ties to the family.

He kidnapped his daughter soon after his wife, Sandra Boss, filed for divorce and obtained custody of the child.

Friends initially expressed shock when they learned that he absconded with (Sandra Boss's dughter ) Reigh after shoving a social worker assigned to supervise the visit and taking off in a waiting sport utility vehicle.

“Had you told me that he was accused of murder before the kidnapping incident, I would have been shocked,’’ said Darryl Hopkins, the livery driver who became Gerhartsreiter’s unwitting getaway driver. But now, he said, “I’m not surprised at all.’’

A Suffolk County jury convicted Gerhartsreiter in June 2009 of parental kidnapping and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. He was acquitted of two lesser charges, assault and battery and providing a false name to police.

They found out who he really was.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/08/by_maria_cramer.html
 
City of Boston St. Patrick's Day Parade
Sunday, Mar 20 1:00p
at Broadway MBTA Station, Boston, MA

Parade departs Broadway station, left onto East Broadway, right onto P St., right onto E. 4th St., left onto K St., right onto E. 5th St., left onto G St.,
right onto the southerly arm of Thomas Park, left onto Telegraph St., left onto Dorchester St., ending at Dorchester Ave.

http://www.southbostonparade.org/
 
Spring is almost here. Boston has thawed out. What will ramble down the commuter rail tracks?

If you are filling the bird feeder? Expect it to be raided.

Western Mass

Mama, Baby Bear Roaming Neighborhood
March 17, 2011

The bears have been spotted in the Ragged Hill Road area of West Brookfield, police said. The pair has been spotted very close to homes.

"There was this bear -- with its arm around the bird feeder that it tore down, eating seeds. As he was doing that, out came mama bear," she said.

Experts said this time of year bears are mostly harmless -- but hungry. Residents have been urged to take in bird feeders and make sure garbage cans are left in garages.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/27230001/detail.html
 
I expected the moon to hide behind clouds or fog. It did not. Anyone could use photography or Photoshop to enhance the ordinary moon.

Pictures snapped of this moon, will be prized.

And yet, it is nothing compared to the moon that my Ogre Husband and I had seen over the skyline of Brookline's Washington Square.
We took a long walk to the local ice cream shop. I'm not sure if it was an Emac and Bolio's, at the time. The moon was of an unusually enormous size.
and had a yellow orange- tint. It rested on the hillside skyline. My mind doubted my eyes. I had to ask my Ogre Husband if I was "seeing things."
Perhaps, it was a hot air balloon, and I was making a mistake. A round and yellow- orange blimp? A child of the gods/ Gods, had lost their toy balloon.
Not long after that, our local super market received a very strange make- over. It was stripped bare of all cheerful things. Naked and harsh florescent
bulbs caused everything look grey and ugly. The Soviet Russians were coming! I am guessing that the market wanted them to feel at home.
 
Last edited:
March 16, 2010

Chinese Fluoride In Mass. Water Raises Concern

Department of Public Works Director Rob Desmarais said after he mixes the white powder with water, 40 percent of it will not dissolve.

"I don't know what it is," Desmarais said. "It's not soluble, and it doesn't appear to be sodium fluoride. So we are not quite sure what it is."

Desmarais said the residue clogs his machines and makes it difficult to get a consistent level of fluoride in the town's water.

The fluoride from China is not used in communities getting water from the MWRA.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/22814488/detail.html
 
Yes. The sky was strange yesterday. Trouble brewing. Today, it looks like a thick covering of powdered sugar is covering the landscape.
A few flakes, this morning. The storm passed us by. *A tip of the hat brim to the Mid-west and New Jersey.* May flowers are waiting.
 
At Westford conference, a fellowship of Tolkien fans

March 24, 2011

Tolkien enthusiasts at the Regency Inn and Conference Center in Westford for what is being billed as the “3rd Conference on Middle-earth.’’ (Middle-earth is the fictitious setting of Tolkien’s work.) With panel discussions, a party, and Tolkien-themed wares for sale, the gathering will be the ultimate Frodo-fest.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...ford_conference_a_fellowship_of_tolkien_fans/
 
Boston. New England. The land of "You can't get there from here."

Also, the land of maybe yes, maybe no.

Snow Thursday night. Or, maybe not.

April Fool's snow? Or, Easter snow. Or, no snow at all.

I am keeping track of where my shovel is.
 
March 31, 2011

Craigslist killer information released-

Boston police photograph of Philip Markoff shoes on the date of his arrest-
Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said the shoes are stained with Julissa Brisman's blood.

Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said his office was releasing thousands of pages of documents, audiotapes of interviews with Markoff
and other principals in the case, surveillance videos of Markoff, and photographs taken by investigators.

Markoff was arrested on Interstate 95 in Walpole as he and his fiancée, Megan McAllister, drove to Foxwoods Casino in Connecticut.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2011/03/das_office_to_r.html
 
Moose stops traffic in Leicester

April 1, 2011

Why did the moose cross the road? To get back to his home? Maybe. That was the predominant theory, anyway, this morning as police stopped traffic twice to help a wayward moose cross Route 9.

The moose had been wandering the woods surrounding Route 9 in Leicester for about four days before attempting its trek across early this morning, said Leicester Police Chief Jim Hurley. Police first received calls about the moose at about 5:30 a.m., and then again at about 7:30 a.m. when the moose began to cause a traffic problem backing up to the middle of town.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2011/04/rambling_moose.html
 
According to WCVB Tv Ch5 Boston-

Sheen's show at BU ?
He was a half hour late.
After 35 minutes the heckling started.
80 % filled? We will see, if they were being kind....
 
“We are saving a very important piece of history for the town,” she said. “Lowell Mason (1792-1872) was born in town, started music education …
and is the person who started professional development for music teachers. It’s great that we’re saving his house and also saving history that
may be in the age of the house.”

Scotti noted the house is thought to have been built in 1714 but that some of the beams have been tested and dated back to the years 1650 and 1651, making it one of the oldest buildings in Medfield and perhaps the United States.

The Lowell Mason House is hitting the road on Tuesday and will travel the ½-route from Adams Street to its new home on Green Street starting at 8:30 a.m.

NStar has notified residents that they will be without power starting at 8:30 a.m.; the outage could last until 8:30 p.m. but movers say it should take between two and four hours.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/medfield...l-Mason-House-ready-to-be-moved#axzz1K0SW4lEj

WCVB TV showed the house on the road. Roll on!
 
The airlines and the airports are taking the tornado warnings seriously. No flights to those areas. Canceled flights.
 
BOSTON (Reuters) – Families of the many victims of the September 11, 2001 attacks from Massachusetts say they found relief, but not closure,
in learning of the death of Osama bin Laden, the al Qaeda leader who masterminded the attacks on the U.S.

In all, 206 victims of the 9/11 attacks had ties to Massachusetts. Each of their names is etched on the pink granite memorial.

On Monday, 206 white roses were laid on the memorial in their honor. Families of the victims, old friends now almost ten years after the attacks,

embraced and cried.
 
There is still an ugly pit in the middle of a vital section of Boston.
Vornado Real Estate won't sell and will not fix the problem.
The ugly empty lot has been sitting there for two years.
There will never be a 700 million dollar shopping center and hotel.
Ever since he trashed our shopping fun, Roth cashed out 90 million
in company stock. Roth took 4.4 million dollars in profit last month.

boston globe newspaper/ editorial section
May 6, 2011
 
May 7, 2011

Mass. advocates join 'Slutwalk' crusade with march

BOSTON—Chanting "We love sluts!" and holding signs like "Jesus loves sluts," approximately 2,000 protesters marched Saturday around the Boston's Common as the city officially become the latest to join an international series of protests known as "SlutWalks."

The protest movement, sparked by a Toronto police officer's remark that women could avoid being raped by not dressing like "sluts," came to Boston after advocates saw similar events -- largely organized through Facebook and Twitter -- popped up in Canada, England and other parts of the U.S.

boston dot com

And yes, the policeman actually told them not to dress like sluts.
(A matter of public record and proof.)
 
Back
Top