LDoK: World's Finest (OOC)

i'm not part of the story by i say "DAmn the Torpedoes.. FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!!!!"

(psychotic maniacl laughter follows.. trailing into hysterical giggles..)

Yeah, ol' John Williams has composed a great many scores.

He's won Grammys and Emmys and Golden Globes for bunches. A few that come to mind are:

Star Wars, of course.

Jaws.

E.T.

Jurassic Park.

Superman.

And there's those movies with Harrison Ford.......

Yeah, ol' John Williams has composed a great many scores.

He's won Grammys and Emmys and Golden Globes for bunches. A few that come to mind are:

Star Wars, of course.

Jaws.

E.T.

Jurassic Park.

Superman.

And there's those movies with Harrison Ford.......

"Raiders March" is one of the singlemost epic pieces of music ever composed, in your face E.S. Posthumus.

My sister and I used to listen to this "Spielberg/Williams Collaboration" cassette on car trips with mum and dad, wore that thing straight out. It had the theme from "Always," and selections from "Close Encounters," and apparently Spielberg himself had ganked a clarinet for the march from "1941." And every time. Every dang time. "Raiders March" gave me goosebumps.

"Raiders March" is one of the singlemost epic pieces of music ever composed, in your face E.S. Posthumus.

My sister and I used to listen to this "Spielberg/Williams Collaboration" cassette on car trips with mum and dad, wore that thing straight out. It had the theme from "Always," and selections from "Close Encounters," and apparently Spielberg himself had ganked a clarinet for the march from "1941." And every time. Every dang time. "Raiders March" gave me goosebumps.

I get the same response. That's one theme song that everyone, I mean everyone, can identify immediately. I have it as a ringtone on my cell. (Go figure, right?).

Another composer I think is pretty darn good is Basil Poledouris. Sad he passed away and all. He left some good stuff, though. The theme from The Hunt for Red October comes to mind, but I think the Conan them is his all-time most awesomest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZY2mRG5mzg&feature=related

Between the time when the Oceans drank Atlantis..
And the rise of the Suns of Arias
There came an age undreamed of.
And onto this, Conan, the Cimmerean,
Sword in hand
And destined to wear the jewelled Crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow.
Only I can tell thee of his tale..

And there go, swords were forged by giants and gods
But those that found them were men
Only men.
And within lost was the Riddle of Steel.
What is steel next to the hand that wields it?
Which is the stronger?
Of giants we are not, nor gods, but men.
Only men.

Last edited:
I get the same response. That's one theme song that everyone, I mean everyone, can identify immediately. I have it as a ringtone on my cell. (Go figure, right?).

Another composer I think is pretty darn good is Basil Poledouris. Sad he passed away and all. He left some good stuff, though. The theme from The Hunt for Red October comes to mind, but I think the Conan them is his all-time most awesomest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZY2mRG5mzg&feature=related

Between the time when the Oceans drank Atlantis..
And the rise of the Suns of Arias
There came an age undreamed of.
And onto this, Conan, the Cimmerean,
Sword in hand
And destined to wear the jewelled Crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow.
Only I can tell thee of his tale..

HOLY CRAP I LOVED THE MUSIC FROM "RED OCTOBER."

HOLY CRAP I LOVED THE MUSIC FROM "RED OCTOBER."

"Gentlemen, I preshent to you the ballishtic missile shubmarine Red October. My offishers and I requesht asshylum in the United Shtatesh of America."

Did you know that Russians refer to their boats as "He", instead of "She" as we do in America and Britain?

"Gentlemen, I preshent to you the ballishtic missile shubmarine Red October. My offishers and I requesht asshylum in the United Shtatesh of America."

Did you know that Russians refer to their boats as "He", instead of "She" as we do in America and Britain?

I did not know that! :: writes that down ::

If no one has seen it yet, Book of Eli was great. VERY good movie. How can you go wrong with Gary Oldman and Denzel Washington?

subjectivity.png

If the Lobo idea needs to wait...there's always Doomsday.

Doomsday and Soloman Grundy.

Do you see the theme of characters I like? >_>

Back