GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest informal poll!:

What is your favorite road trip/travel song?
That would be .... Hard Candy from the Counting Crows, I think because it sounds summery, it has the line "she is more than an ordinary girl" , I know the words and sing it at the top of my voice :)

Here's a live link
Counting Crows

Salvi Army warning

Heads up - here's some news

tumblr_megt7xjQpI1rx9ovro1_400.jpg

Lexie Cannes highlights the Salvi Armies bigoted stance on LGBT.

Before you toss some coins into a red kettle, consider this little incident that happened last summer in Australia — two LGBT journalists were interviewing one of the organization’s Australian media relations directors, Major Andrew Craibe on a radio program:

[Journalist]: According to the Salvation Army, [gay people] deserve death. How do you respond to that, as part of your doctrine?

Craibe: Well, that’s a part of our belief system.

[Journalist]: So we should die.

Craibe: You know, we have an alignment to the Scriptures, but that’s our belief.

Before you toss some coins into a red kettle, consider this little incident that happened last summer in Australia — two LGBT journalists were interviewing one of the organization’s Australian media relations directors, Major Andrew Craibe on a radio program:

[Journalist]: According to the Salvation Army, [gay people] deserve death. How do you respond to that, as part of your doctrine?

Craibe: You know, we have an alignment to the Scriptures, but that’s our belief.

I didn't know that! Thanks for passing on the word, sticky. :rose: They'll not be getting any change from me from now on!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/24/us/beliefs-salvation-army-hears-dissent-over-gay-views.html?_r=0

Worth the read for all of us.

Old news about the Sal Army feeling like death is appropriate for us.

On the other hand, I shop at their thrift stores and I have thrown coins in the bucket in the past. There are human beings on the receiving end of those donations, after all. Besides, I'm pretty sure those same donations have reached a gay person or two.

Hi - yea sure I've shopped there in the past but I'm glad I have a bit more info about them now. I give pennies to Cancer Research & British Heart Foundation and shop there too: they're work is non-discriminatory. All the charities are suspect though: it's big business...

Hi - yea sure I've shopped there in the past but I'm glad I have a bit more info about them now. I give pennies to Cancer Research & British Heart Foundation and shop there too: they're work is non-discriminatory. All the charities are suspect though: it's big business...

Not all charities. Look into Amma's work.

She sure is - I,d been hoping to bump into you sometime Venus. Love those flowers! :rose:

lol I know we are not on at the same time. Glad you like the photos, I was without a camera for time, someone stole my last one. My new one is great. a little more complicated. but fun to use.

love to bump into you stickygirl as well.:rose::rose:

lol I know we are not on at the same time. Glad you like the photos, I was without a camera for time, someone stole my last one. My new one is great. a little more complicated. but fun to use.

love to bump into you stickygirl as well.:rose::rose:
You know that? :eek: Have you been checking up on me? :)

( more of a bump than a serious comment! ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back