Suit hanky question

astuffedshirt_perv

Literotica Guru
I don't typically wear suits.

When I do wear a suit, I don't wear a pocket hanky.

When I am in the company of men in suits with hankies, I do not pay attention to the hanky (or the suit for that matter)

However, I am aware that others do look at the way a man is dressed.

Which brings me to my question: could a man get away with using a woman't panty as a suit hanky?

I don't have a story lined up for this, but something like a humiliation twist where the bossman takes an executive's panty and goes to the big meeting with it in his suit as a hanky.

Of course. Especially if they were silk and carefully folded.
It's nice to have a hankie that matches your tie.
And of course in the gay men's world hankies are worn of different colours in different pockets to signal all kinds of things.

A hanky in a suit's breast pocket is for display, not use.

There are very few situations in which it would be removed, so even a triangular edge fixed to a piece of cardboard can be used.

The part that is invisible could be anything.

Yes, they could. And that sounds like a fascinating story hook. Go for it.

Of course. Especially if they were silk and carefully folded.
It's nice to have a hankie that matches your tie.
And of course in the gay men's world hankies are worn of different colours in different pockets to signal all kinds of things.
Your tie and pocket square should not match. That is a fashion faux pax. They should fit together in a complimentary fashion, along with the rest of the suit.

Your tie and pocket square should not match. That is a fashion faux pax. They should fit together in a complimentary fashion, along with the rest of the suit.

Complementary, not complimentary.
That sounds very swish.
I did once buy my ball partner a silk handkerchief which matched my outfit. Not my knickers! we were only going to the ball as friends.

*as owner of an entire spectrum of silk pocket squares, faints in horror at the above collection of heresies*

You've clearly thought up an excellent plot bunny here with plenty of potential to shock and outrage!

One of the most intersting people I have ever met in my life - and the guy who taught me all I think know about Martinis - did in fact do this on occasion. He was very good with women, although I must say he was fixated on certain types: blondes, young-ish, and with good figures tending on the slim side. He was a bit pedantic about that I always thought.

It's not a completely rare thing and I have encountered it before in various places in Europe in clubs and expensive restaurants.

At least two women now that I think about it have stuffed their panties in my top pocket... But I have never set out to do it deliberately as far as I can recall...

But I have to say, the Eighties, when this all happened to me, was a very different era and money making was a sport and people in that racket had more fun more openly, in my opinion.

I'm not sure I want to show off that way these days. Although, then again... I haven't given it much thought recently until you raised it here.

Last edited:
If I were single? And thought it wouldn't mortify the ladies in question? I'd do it in a heartbeat. Heck, I'd happily use the panties of 'ladies of a certain age'. I think they'd be tickled and complimented.

I've seen this concept used somewhat in a story here already. 3 office workers have a sex pool. One promises to donate all of his points to another if she beds their mutual manager's daughter and recovers her panties as a trophy, which the owner of the points will use as a suit hanky in hopes of allowing the boss to use it. It should be in the Lesbian section.

It was a tradition at Tom Jones concerts that ladies threw their panties at the stage.

They still did it, even when Tom and they were pensioners...

Could this be a US vs. other places difference? I read a magazine article a few weeks ago describing how British fashions tend to look mismatched from a US point of view, while US fashions tend to look fakely over-coordinated to a British point of view, and I'm sure other countries have their own perspectives on clothing coordination. But I've seen silk handkerchiefs and ties sold in matched sets, and I've seen advice that in an ideal situation the hatband or hat feather and socks should also match the hankie and tie, so clearly someone thinks an exact match is the height of fashion.

Most UK gentlemen do not wear a hanky in their breast pocket. That pocket is not used.

Anyone who does wear a hanky in it is probably European or American.

English aristocracy dress down in ancient suits possibly inherited from the fathers or grandfathers. If you visit a stately home the worst dressed man there isn't the gardener - it's the owner.

Could this be a US vs. other places difference? I read a magazine article a few weeks ago describing how British fashions tend to look mismatched from a US point of view, while US fashions tend to look fakely over-coordinated to a British point of view, and I'm sure other countries have their own perspectives on clothing coordination. But I've seen silk handkerchiefs and ties sold in matched sets, and I've seen advice that in an ideal situation the hatband or hat feather and socks should also match the hankie and tie, so clearly someone thinks an exact match is the height of fashion.

That's because the buyers in the department stores are mostly women. Women tend to be more concerned with matching. Among knowledgeable men, a pocket square (the more current term) that exactly matches the tie is a sign of a man desperately in need of style coaching. Being 'in fashion' is the abyss of style. 'Fashion' is determined by designers who stand in front of the runway at shows screaming, "Me! Me"" Style is determined with the assistance of a good tailor who knows its about you!

Most UK gentlemen do not wear a hanky in their breast pocket. That pocket is not used.

Anyone who does wear a hanky in it is probably European or American.

English aristocracy dress down in ancient suits possibly inherited from the fathers or grandfathers. If you visit a stately home the worst dressed man there isn't the gardener - it's the owner.

I would disagree that the owner is 'worst' dressed. Shabbily, perhaps, because the suit dates from the '30's and is wearing out after eighty years. However, it won't be a bad suit. On the contrary, it is likely to be a very good suit.

Only

I don't typically wear suits.

When I do wear a suit, I don't wear a pocket hanky.

When I am in the company of men in suits with hankies, I do not pay attention to the hanky (or the suit for that matter)

However, I am aware that others do look at the way a man is dressed.

Which brings me to my question: could a man get away with using a woman't panty as a suit hanky?

I don't have a story lined up for this, but something like a humiliation twist where the bossman takes an executive's panty and goes to the big meeting with it in his suit as a hanky.

Only when its from the bossman's wife or girl friend

Back