GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote of the Day

"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it." - Joseph Joubert, French essayist

Quote of the Day, Part 2

"We should regret our mistakes and learn from them, but never carry them forward into the future with us." - Lucy Maud Montgomery, Canadian author

Hi all :)

Mood: good :)

Music: Goombay Dance Band-Thousand Pieces (song is in the embedded link) Based on a beautiful song written by Anne Linnet in the Danish language first which is named Tusind Stykker (thousand pieces), which then became famous. When Björn Afzelius took it and sang it in Swedish. And then the song became known as Tusen Bitar (again the Swedish name is the exact, just in Swedish) the song is again in the embedded link (the title). And the chorus is just wonderful, cause it goes like this.

Even a heart can break, a heart can break into thousand pieces, was I once a friend to you, you know I'll always be.

So to those who has had their hearts broken or shattered by either death or life in general. Remember some songs can be soothing and healing. On another note, I personally prefer the Swedish version of this particular song, cause that is just a song that has so much emotion in it. But anyway it is a VERY beautiful song, and you can listen to it in when you are either in a good or bad mood. Cause it does not make a difference. Cause it is a song for the heart and soul :) And yes, if I should sing it, I would sing it in Swedish.

I know the English version has also been sung by James Sampson , but I can't seem to find it youtube. So that is why I have chosen the other English version.

So hi from me :)

Mood: good :)

Music:Charade Summerbreeze (a very nice trance techno melody) :)

Just wanted to say hi, and say keep fighting the good fight ! ! ! :)

See you around :)

Question of the Day: What is your favorite ride at an amusement park, and why?

-diz :rose:

Question of the Day: What is your favorite ride at an amusement park, and why?

The kind where you're upside-down for stretches of time. Then again, that may have been a Finnish speciality as I was only on a ride like that in Helsinki a couple of years ago.

Current mood: Somewhat annoyed. I keep tripping the circuit breakers in the house, and I don't know how to reset them because the circuits have changed recently. Clearly this is a sign I shouldn't drink so much tea! ;P

Listening to: Muse - The Resistance

The kind where you're upside-down for stretches of time. Then again, that may have been a Finnish speciality as I was only on a ride like that in Helsinki a couple of years ago.

Current mood: Somewhat annoyed. I keep tripping the circuit breakers in the house, and I don't know how to reset them because the circuits have changed recently. Clearly this is a sign I shouldn't drink so much tea! ;P

Listening to: Muse - The Resistance

I love those. The faster and twistier the better! (Is twistier a word? It should be.)

Sorry to hear about the circuit breakers! That definitely gets annoying in a hurry. Good luck!

I'm off to walk the dogs in the snow. We got about four inches or so of new, wet snow. Just when we were starting to see grass again, too! And the sidewalks were dry! Friggin' Edmonton, man. It's just plain cruel. It's up to -2 now, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Ciao for now, 'Vibe!

I love those. The faster and twistier the better! (Is twistier a word? It should be.)

Sorry to hear about the circuit breakers! That definitely gets annoying in a hurry. Good luck!

I'm off to walk the dogs in the snow. We got about four inches or so of new, wet snow. Just when we were starting to see grass again, too! And the sidewalks were dry! Friggin' Edmonton, man. It's just plain cruel. It's up to -2 now, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Ciao for now, 'Vibe!

Yup! If I can walk straight after getting off a rollercoaster, they haven't done it right. Twistier makes sense, so it should be a word.

Just fixed them. :) There's a celebratory pot of tea brewing.

Man, I'd love to have snow in April. Then again, I guess I only like snow because I don't get it that often.

I was digging around google looking for a new hair stylist and I found this. I wonder if she can do the Tegan and Sara modern mullet.

tumblr_lh90rxfYlU1qbt0nqo1_500.gif

Music: Diana Krall - How Deep is the Ocean

Wearing: The usual for this time of day. Jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt. But barefoot! I don't know why that makes me so happy. It just does.

Mood: Floundering, but otherwise okay. So wishing life had a Reset button sometimes. It's not bad, just... frustrating.

I feel like there was something specific I wanted to post here, but between booting up the laptop and getting to this page, I've forgotten. :rolleyes: So instead, I'll pose another "Which are you?" question:

What is the color of your mood right this moment?

Mine is that steely blue/gunmetal grey that mixes through the clouds when a big storm is about to break.

Music: Diana Krall - How Deep is the Ocean

Wearing: The usual for this time of day. Jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt. But barefoot! I don't know why that makes me so happy. It just does.

Mood: Floundering, but otherwise okay. So wishing life had a Reset button sometimes. It's not bad, just... frustrating.

I feel like there was something specific I wanted to post here, but between booting up the laptop and getting to this page, I've forgotten. :rolleyes: So instead, I'll pose another "Which are you?" question:

What is the color of your mood right this moment?

Mine is that steely blue/gunmetal grey that mixes through the clouds when a big storm is about to break.

Big hugs to you my dear:kiss::heart::heart::rose:

I am decidedly fuchsia today, I am moody blew off the family get together so it was peaceful and nice. Other wise my nerves would have been horrendous.:heart:

I am decidedly fuchsia today, I am moody blew off the family get together so it was peaceful and nice. Other wise my nerves would have been horrendous.:heart:

Hi Gia,

It's been a long time I thought I'd pop in and say hello!

:rose: Sounds like you made a very good choice.

Hi! :D

Yeah I've been really good!

Still the same. Work, cook, bath, sleep.

How the heck have you been?

Not bad since I have gotten on my medications. The constant fear and anxiety are just an occasional event now instead of all the time. Being more active in support for the trans crowd. Been working at finding Doctors that are transfriendly that will treat us. Many people in my area drive all the way to Orlando.

Not bad since I have gotten on my medications. The constant fear and anxiety are just an occasional event now instead of all the time. Being more active in support for the trans crowd. Been working at finding Doctors that are transfriendly that will treat us. Many people in my area drive all the way to Orlando.

I hope they appreciate you helping them out. That's really, very gracious of you. You're feeling better! That's great news! You're so clever Gia! I knew you were going get better;)

:rose::kiss:

I hope they appreciate you helping them out. That's really, very gracious of you. You're feeling better! That's great news! You're so clever Gia! I knew you were going get better;)

:rose::kiss:

Its not just me but the meds do make a difference. thank you for your kind compliments dear:heart:

Oh man. I go away for a long weekend, and there's a Carolina on the board! :D Been missin' you, hon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back