The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wrote this blog post about Steubenville, violence against women, and equality. (It felt much more profound in my head than it seems to read in print).

http://the-coconut-chronicles.com/2013/04/04/she-was-asking-for-it/

But I have to tip my hat and thank LoversKitten because her thread was the catalyst for the expression of my thoughts.

And, yes, I know there's a pun in "catalyst" and LoversKitten. Curious and MWY, have fun! ;)

So I wrote this blog post about Steubenville, violence against women, and equality. (It felt much more profound in my head than it seems to read in print).

http://the-coconut-chronicles.com/2013/04/04/she-was-asking-for-it/

But I have to tip my hat and thank LoversKitten because her thread was the catalyst for the expression of my thoughts.

And, yes, I know there's a pun in "catalyst" and LoversKitten. Curious and MWY, have fun! ;)

A well written blog post Keroin.

In the early 80s I volunteered for a sexual assault crisis centre. Part of our 'work' was to educate people about the myths of sexual assault. She asked for it. She deserved it because her top was too low and her skirt too short or she got too drunk or went home with a stranger. Sexual assault is about sex.

The saddest part was that even women who had been sexually assaulted believed the myths. Blamed themselves for their mistakes. I can still remember this one woman...blaming herself for her poor judgement in leaving a bar, a bit intoxicated, with a stranger to go to his place...and having to tell her that even if it wasn't the wisest move, that it didn't give anyone permission to rape her.

I was pleased after a few years, that my audiences almost laughed at the myths. Knowing then that they weren't true.

Clearly everyone didn't get the message. So sad.

In the early 80s I volunteered for a sexual assault crisis centre. Part of our 'work' was to educate people about the myths of sexual assault. She asked for it. She deserved it because her top was too low and her skirt too short or she got too drunk or went home with a stranger. Sexual assault is about sex.

The saddest part was that even women who had been sexually assaulted believed the myths. Blamed themselves for their mistakes. I can still remember this one woman...blaming herself for her poor judgement in leaving a bar, a bit intoxicated, with a stranger to go to his place...and having to tell her that even if it wasn't the wisest move, that it didn't give anyone permission to rape her.

I was pleased after a few years, that my audiences almost laughed at the myths. Knowing then that they weren't true.

It's an unfortunate truth that people DO have to be careful about things they shouldn't have to be careful about. But you're right that even if they aren't, that doesn't make it their fault if something bad happens to them. And that totally goes beyond just rape, too. It goes for any crime perpetuated against another person.

...blaming herself for her poor judgement in leaving a bar, a bit intoxicated, with a stranger to go to his place...and having to tell her that even if it wasn't the wisest move, that it didn't give anyone permission to rape her.

Wise.
As a woman who was in that position almost 30 years ago, I can certainly relate.
It is still hard, at times to battle (make peace with) the "old" troubling myths.
:rolleyes:

Thanks, WW. :rose:

Clearly. And it is sad. I think this is something that runs deep through almost every culture in the world, and it will take a long time to change. I think we all just have to stay vigilant, call the bullshit where we see it, reassure other women that they are not bad, evil, etc, when society tells them otherwise.

It's an unfortunate truth that people DO have to be careful about things they shouldn't have to be careful about. But you're right that even if they aren't, that doesn't make it their fault if something bad happens to them. And that totally goes beyond just rape, too. It goes for any crime perpetuated against another person.

Agreed. I'm a big advocate for personal responsibility, and I take my own safety and well being seriously. Having said that, crime is crime is crime.

Wise.
As a woman who was in that position almost 30 years ago, I can certainly relate.
It is still hard, at times to battle (make peace with) the "old" troubling myths.
:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear this GS. :rose: I'm sure you're not alone. I know that I often have to shake off the old myths myself.

About to start a vanilla business...because I totally need something else to do.

Keep your fingers or paws crossed for me, everybody. :D

About to start a vanilla business...because I totally need something else to do.

So, you finally gave in and bought that ice cream stand next to the middle school? Be sure you stock pistachio, too, because if I ever show up and all you have is vanilla you're going to be in a world of hurt. Y'all oughta know what happens when you piss off the yanks. ;) ;) ;)

So, you finally gave in and bought that ice cream stand next to the middle school? Be sure you stock pistachio, too, because if I ever show up and all you have is vanilla you're going to be in a world of hurt. Y'all oughta know what happens when you piss off the yanks. ;) ;) ;)

Pistachio? Done. :D

Not that you *need* fingers/extremities crossed, because you're simply awesome and can do whatever you set your mind to do, but consider mine crossed and the business antenna powered up.

Sorry for the double post, but...why do I bother to tell my mother anything? I'm super-excited about starting a new venture, so I made the mistake of telling her about it. You'd think by now I'd know that, since she's made a point of shitting on everybody and everything in her life besides her sister and nephew, she's certainly not going to change in her old age.

The real question is, why do I still let it affect me like this? After 30 years of never being good enough, you'd think I'd be used to it by now. :rolleyes:

So my phone/internet connection mysteriously went kaput last saturday. Today, I was on my way to a repair place to see if they could do anything and it started working again???? Hope it lasts. My iPhone is now named "Christine"

The real question is, why do I still let it affect me like this? After 30 years of never being good enough, you'd think I'd be used to it by now. :rolleyes:

I think we have the same mother!
You just have to keep reminding yourself that they were brought up in different times, I guess. (that's the best excuse that I can come up with anyway....) :rolleyes:

Good luck on your new adventure, hunny-bunny! Positive vibes headed your way!
:rose:

Yep. Lots of prayers, too. I think this is a good idea, but you already know that. *hugs*

Sorry for the double post, but...why do I bother to tell my mother anything? I'm super-excited about starting a new venture, so I made the mistake of telling her about it. You'd think by now I'd know that, since she's made a point of shitting on everybody and everything in her life besides her sister and nephew, she's certainly not going to change in her old age.

Mine does the same thing. She'll ASK me-- what am I doing, how is it going? I'll tell her what I think my next step might be, or something I have an idea for down the road and she'll say "where will you get the money for that?"

I am PMSing big time. Yesterday I was grumpy, today I'm all down and dumpy, and tomorrow I"m predicting I'll feel fat (as is the normal pattern).

It's these moments I always long to have a man around the house. A cock in my mouth for an hour usually cheers me right up.

What's really funny to me, is how insanely close the troll's handle is to my actual birth name.

Like if I were religious I would be wondering if god was trying to tell me something.

As it is, I just feel embarrassed that people named like me offer such a generally poor showing.

Mine does the same thing. She'll ASK me-- what am I doing, how is it going? I'll tell her what I think my next step might be, or something I have an idea for down the road and she'll say "where will you get the money for that?"

I wonder whether our mothers know each other and take notes.

Today I could not even be trusted to go out to the supermarket on my own to pick up some stuff for her because I refused to write a shopping list for 5 items.

I wonder whether our mothers know each other and take notes.

Today I could not even be trusted to go out to the supermarket on my own to pick up some stuff for her because I refused to write a shopping list for 5 items.

Oh, life with a narcissist. One thing's for sure: There's never a dull moment.

But, oh, God, how I wish there were. :rolleyes:

Oh, life with a narcissist. One thing's for sure: There's never a dull moment.

But, oh, God, how I wish there were. :rolleyes:

I feel your pain.

Maybe we should have a Children of Narcissist Mothers thread so we can laugh at each others misfortunes. I am at the point where if I don't laugh, I will cry. :D

Wow, I have been in a fog the past two days. What the hell is wrong? Get your ass moving neural synapses!

I feel your pain.

Maybe we should have a Children of Narcissist Mothers thread so we can laugh at each others misfortunes. I am at the point where if I don't laugh, I will cry. :D

God, I know that's right. You have to laugh about it, or you'd probably never stop crying. :rolleyes:

We should totally do that, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back