Scuttle's Things and Stuffs

tumblr_mry2psQ3C11r0tytoo1_500.jpg
 
Eldredge Tie Knot

tumblr_mihfzmMO9S1rzkzxgo1_500.jpg


Thought you may like this knot. It's cool. :)
 
Poland, 1939
Czechoslovakia, 1939
Finland, 1939-1940
Denmark, 1940
Norway, 1940
Belgium, 1940
Luxembourg, 1940
France, 1940
The Netherlands, 1940
Romania, 1940
Hungary, 1940
Romania, 1940
Greece, 1941
Yugoslavia, 1941
Belarus, 1941
Ukraine, 1941-1942
Rome, Italy, 1943
 
tumblr_mxcm0wTQLV1r6stkdo1_500.png


Black Sunday

Panhandle of Oklahoma, 1936.

The dust storms came to Open Well, Oklahoma, a name that now seemed ironic given the drought that gripped the land and refused to let go. The town had been battered and beaten, by the dust, the economy, and the fleeing of it's citizens to the coasts in search of better fortunes. Farmland was given up freely, happily, acres of useless dirt that was worn away, blown away, day in and day out. Eventually, even the law left Open Well, and the only ones remaining were those who stubbornly refused to abandon their homes, or those who were not able.

In the worst storm of the season, day was turned to night, and homes were closed up tight against the onslaught. The outside was not fit for man or beast. But someone had ventured out anyway.

When the storms died down and people were able to venture safely from their homes, a man was found half-buried in the blown dirt. Out of his chest stood a knife, a wound that seemed to have been fatal. But why was he out in the dust storm? And who had killed him?

His widow, perhaps, had reason to want to be rid of a man that had left her with bruises more than once. But her mistress may have had just as much motive.

So, too, did the man who had bought land from him two years earlier, with plenty of enthusiastic guarantees that the rains would come that season. Or definitely the next season, at the latest.

In fact, as more people emerged from the relative calm of their small homes to discover the new horror that fell on their town, more motives came to light. The only thing they could be sure of was that no one had been able to travel far in the storms, meaning whoever was the killer was still among them.

Everyone was a suspect.
 
Back
Top