Handmaid's Tale files

Female consent is not a thing.(In the Christian bible.) The texts gathered in the Christian Bible were written over the course of several centuries, and in them we find a cultural trajectory away from polygamy and outright sexual slavery. Nonetheless, the concept of human chattel is never explicitly eschewed, even in the New Testament, nor are older practices condemned. Slaves are advised to submit to their masters. Nowhere is there any indication that female consent is needed or even desired before sex. Consider even the pregnancy that produces Jesus. In a situation of extreme power imbalance, Mary is told that she will be impregnated by God and she responds with words that assent to her role as a handmaid. “Behold the bond-slave of the Lord: be it done to me according to your word” (Luke 1:38).

http://www.alternet.org/culture/did-you-catch-theme-handmaids-tale
 
Hate Speech, in the United States of America

Things got so heated between Bill O’Reilly, Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg on “The View” that the co-hosts walked off the set of the show.

The incident occurred during a fiery exchange about the proposed Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero. O’Reilly said President Obama’s qualified support of the center was evidence of the “gulf” between him and the American people. Goldberg and Behar objected strongly to O’Reilly’s claim.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_762844.html

Barbara Walters wanted Whoopi and Joy to remain on the stage with Bill O'Reilly, and argue with him.

Liberal Democrats are now faced with Republicans that use abusive language, abusive and harmful concepts, twisted logic, and impossible statements, in the name of "free speech."

Here it is, May 22, 2017 and Whoopi takes a stand, by remarking that Americans should not be forced to listen to a man, that might as well be wearing a KKK hood. A man is that uses dog-whistle words, White Supremacist concepts, and abusive racist language, and is nurturing hatred against minorities and women.

Defending White Supremacist concepts requires statements that are pure horse barn waste. They belong on the dung heap. Not on public televised forums chosen by mass media outlets, to get big ratings. It is hate speech, and it harms and hurts people.


The Extreme Far Right Republicans have formed an alternative world, for themselves. It involves a twisting the truth into shapes that are twisted and perverted.

The current TV version of the Handmaid's Tale has a Handmaid confronting a man that has risen to the top of a power structure, thanks to this perversion of truth. His reply to her exposure of the anguish, pain, suffering, and deaths his perversion of the truth brought to her world ?

"Better never means better for everyone... It always means worse, for some.”

https://www.bustle.com/p/15-quotes-f...ng-years-38398
 
Bah, I couldn't even make it halfway through this drivel.

Let me make it easier for you. Instead of spending so much time typing and providing links nobody will click on, how about if you keep pasting in this message:

"Ahhhh, our duly elected president is doing something unpopular with the minority of the country. It was OK when our liberal American-hating president did it, we loved it, but we can't handle getting a dose of our own medicine.

"Even worse, some half-baked 'research' with questionable conclusions are trying to make people thing some group of people are getting a bad deal.

"Now listen to me moan about how unfair it is!"
 
Bah, I couldn't even make it halfway through this drivel.

Let me make it easier for you. Instead of spending so much time typing and providing links nobody will click on, how about if you keep pasting in this message:

"Ahhhh, our duly elected president is doing something unpopular with the minority of the country. It was OK when our liberal American-hating president did it, we loved it, but we can't handle getting a dose of our own medicine.

"Even worse, some half-baked 'research' with questionable conclusions are trying to make people thing some group of people are getting a bad deal.

"Now listen to me moan about how unfair it is!"

What he is doing is unpopular with more people than those who voted for him. 'liberal American-hating president' get a fucking grip dumbass. What you had a problem with your duly elected president doing something that you disliked?

Half-baked research with questionable conclusions is still better argument than the drivel being put out by alt-rightist bloggers. Drivel that attempts to support racists, xenophobes and Nazi wannabees.

Why should we listen about how unfair it suddenly is when you were doing it not much more than 100 days ago. What are you going to do erupt into blubbering, "But...but...Clinton/Hillary/Obama?"
 
Last edited:
Republicans living the Alternative Lifestyle Out West, do not want American invaders from away, to ruin their chances of entering heaven. Unless, of course, the outsiders will agree to be hired, to do the dirty work.

Greg Gianforte, may be from away, and not Montana born and bred, and is guilty, corrupt, and sinful. But, he has promised to help change all of America, into 'Murica.

No alternative lifestyles allowed, but Theirs.


If you live Out West, you can live in an Alternate World, and have an Alternate Lifestyle.

If you know the Right people, and donate money to the Right people, and vote for the Right people, you can have all of the Rights that you ever dreamed of.

If you are a member of the minorities community, they do not want you in their version of 'Murica. If you are part of the LGBT community, you cannot expect the law to protect you. If you do not pay lip service to their version Christian God/god, do not expect any kindness, or consideration. If want to plan your own pregnancies, you had better bring what you need from outside of the state. Hop in your private plane, and fly to a woman friendly state, because you have entered the First Republic of Gilead.

Montana announced that it wants all the Left- leaning, alternative lifestyle loving Liberals, off of Their Lawn.

Development of Alternative World

Both Parties Are Spinning Hard in Montana’s Strange, Evolving Special Election

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/05/montanas-strange-evolving-special-election.html

"They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

-Pre President Obama


You say you're not from Texas
Man as if I couldn't tell
You think you pull your boots on right
And wear your hat so well

See I was born and raised in Texas
And it means so much to me
Though my girl comes from down in Georgia
We were up in Tennessee

And as we were driving down the highway
She asked me, "Baby what's so great?
How come you're always going on
About your Lone Star State?"

They're OK in Oklahoma
Up in Arkansas they're fair
But those old folks in Missouri
They don't even know you're there

But at a dance hall down in Texas
That's the finest place to be
The women they all look beautiful
And their men will buy your beer for free

And they'll say, "That's right, you're not from Texas
That's right, you're not from Texas
That's right, you're not from Texas
But Texas wants you anyway"

That's right you're not from Texas
That's right you're not from Texas
That's right you're not from Texas
But Texas wants you anyway

So won't you let me help you Mister
Just pull your hat down the way I do
And buy your pants just a little longer
And next time somebody laughs at you

You just tell 'em you're not from Texas
That's right, you're not from Texas
That's right, you're not from Texas
But Texas wants you anyway

That's right, you're not from Texas
That's right, you're not from Texas
That's right, you're not from Texas
But Texas wants you anyway

Lyle Lovett
 
In the book, the majority of women are not allowed to read. The Republic of Gilead, restricts knowledge, information, and views. The majority is not allowed to know.

In the Alternate World created in the United States, some do not desire to know. They are happy with the choice that someone else has made for them. They are not annoyed with conflicting information. They are not bothered by cognitive dissonance.

They are praising the bully, and making jokes about stolen lunch money, and tattle- tales, that run to authority, and report on physical theft and assault.

It is the Looking Glass World, where those that are truthful, are mocked as liars. The truth does not serve their purposes. The truth is not allowed to emerge.

Try to bring the truth to the light of day, and you will be assaulted! You will be punished, immediately.

NBC Affiliate Refused to Cover Gianforte ‘Body Slam’
Gianforte's lie, was allowed to spread, that the journalist was to blame for his own injuries, and loss of personal property.

Montana's Gianforte made a non- apology, but never took back the lies that he told.

The plausible deniability is weak, seeing that there were witnesses.

Gianforte has an advantage.


Montana NBC Affiliate Refused to Cover Gianforte ‘Body Slam’

Montana residents who tuned into their NBC affiliate, KECI, would not have heard the now infamous audio of Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs being roughed up by GOP congressional candidate Greg Gianforte. The anchor of the evening newscast, Laurel Staples, read a statement that said, in part, “NBC Montana takes pride in reporting only verifiable facts from an independent, reliable sources.”

Weindel said that they weren’t covering the story, though it was featured in outlets across the country at the time, explaining, “The person that tweeted [Jacobs] and was allegedly body slammed is a reporter for a politically biased publication.”

A report in HuffPost reveals that the station was acquired, last month, by the conservative media conglomerate Sinclair Broadcasting. The KECI station manager told HuffPost that the station “did not have specific instructions or any instruction from Sinclair” regarding the Gianforte story. But specific instruction isn’t needed. A story earlier this month in the New York Times said that Sinclair requires its stations to run stories that lean right. And last year Politico reported that the Trump campaign struck an exclusive deal with Sinclair to broadcast interviews with Trump across all of its networks, an unprecedented arrangement.


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...body-slam.html


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b06f6080531dc1


Right-leaning Sinclair Broadcast Group recently purchased the local NBC affiliate, but the general manager says the company didn’t interfere.


This article has been updater to make clear that Sinclair has not yet completed its purchase of KECI.


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b06f6080531dc1

Hired!

CBS News investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson is a person of special significance to conservatives. When she quit CBS last year, she alleged that her bosses at the network had interfered with her work and discouraged her from reporting critically on Benghazi, Operation Fast and Furious, and other Obama scandals that the right focuses obsessively on. And she also made the wild accusation that someone – probably from the government – had hacked into her home computer and deleted stuff from it. Attkisson provided conservatives with confirmation that the mainstream media is incurably biased against conservatives and, more significantly, a juicy scandal that would expose the Obama administration as a bunch of thuggish criminals. Only one thing was missing: proof.


http://www.salon.com/2015/02/02/a_ri...n_takes_a_hit/

John Kerry Smeared

Sinclair Stations to Air Anti-Kerry Documentary


http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Oct10.html

Sinclair boss informs the public about the country of France, by teaching them about "cheese eating surrender monkeys."

Mike Hyman, the boss, decides for everyone else-


In the firmament of right-wing media outlets, Sinclair stands somewhere to the right of Fox News." Indeed, these guys will be remembered for their attacks on John Kerry during his election campaign, and for their complete and total support of the two wars overseas, which paid off well under Bush, but not the new President.

Why bother to state facts, or the truth ?

Thanks to irresponsible personalities, especially those who take advantage of their positions, like Hyman, Barack Obama has faced so many contrived charges that we could never list them all. It is treasonous. These Republicans just can't believe that we elected a black man as President, but they had better get over it, because people are paying attention and people remember.

The central theme against Obama in Hyman's article, if indeed there is one, is probably that Obama is bad because he is critical of this nation's past deeds. Like the rest of us, he knows that the United States has committed errors in the past and that atoning for those errors is the correct and honest thing to do. But he will use his position with Sinclair to perpetuate the misinformation.

He states in the article, "One of Obama's very few suggestions to cut into his $1.4 trillion budget deficit was to have servicemen and women pay for their own war injuries."

Obama never called for any such plan. This line is taken from Obama's suggestions that insurance companies carrying coverage for those wounded troops, above and beyond their regular federal coverage, might have to share the bill.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/n...9/hyman_tk.php


Paul Ryan has signaled he will move to seat Gianforte as smoothly as possible, and do so by appealing to the very democracy that Gianforte’s assault deteriorates. “If he wins, he has been chosen by the people of Montana,” Ryan said.

But many Montanans didn’t know this side of the man they voted for.

(How can a judgement be sound, if the news is censored and limited ?)

An estimated two thirds of early voters cast their ballots before he assaulted a reporter, and before they knew his position on the Republican health care bill that the reporter, my colleague Ben Jacobs, was asking about. He still has not taken a public position on the bill.

That Gianforte’s violent response to being asked a policy question has actually been rewarded within certain circles of the Republican party is a measure of just how toxic our culture of masculinity has become.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...greg-gianforte
 
Margaret Atwood with David Aaronovitch 2003

Margaret Atwood:

If we’re really, really lucky we’ll get a combination of the two. There is a book by Yevgeny Zamyatin, called We, which was written in 1924 by a Russian in the early stages after the revolution, and he wasn’t allowed to publish it. It combines those two kinds of things: it’s got the Big Brother plus the Brave New World everybody-must-be-happy sort of thing. Oryx and Crake is more global. What goes on in The Handmaid’s Tale [the overthrow of the US government by a theocratic dictatorship that suppresses the rights of women] is actually confined to what used to be the United States. And England, for instance, in that book, is free of it, you’ll be happy to know. Because England already did all of that; it did it under Oliver Cromwell, and so delightful did they find the experience that they’ve never wanted to do it again. In fact, in The Handmaid’s Tale, England is the country of choice where escaped women want to go. It was country-specific. And Oryx and Crake is dealing with tendencies that are global rather than country-specific or allied to national politics. So it’s global, and allied to what’s going on with the Earth. Right now.


https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...margaret-atwood-hilary-mantel-in-conversation
 
Arturo Di Modica was proud of his sculpture. 7,100-pounds of bronze, 11 feet high, and 16 feet long. The bull of Wall St., "Charging Bull." A powerful, dynamic, work of art. Where was the bear, to oppose it ?

After the Wall Street crash of 2007- 2008, after the obscene rewards were given to corrupt Wall St. liars, after the Occupy Wall Street movement-

The Wall St. bull was seen as an embodiment of international corporate power, trampling and maiming people that are not giants of commerce.

This was not Babe, the Blue Ox, and there was no Paul Bunyon to protect the people. The authority's agents whined at the hearings, when confronted with their failures.

How piquant, it was, for a sculpture of a slim child, to be seen, gazing at the presence of the powerful animal, in her world.

She was placed in her position, March 7, 2017, the night before International Women's Day.

Alex Gardega took exception to the presence of this petite slip of a bronze girl, standing unafraid, and strong, in the presence of such great power.


He constructed an ugly, primitive, cheap papier-mâché figure of a pug dog, pissing with its leg lifted.

The dog was pissing on the leg of the girl sculpture.


http://gothamist.com/2017/05/30/fearless_girl_pissing_pug.php


https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...arless-girl/g77vQnvUJMbymIVHLqSJDI/story.html
 
What the surviving man of the Portland attack might not know, is that he gave millions hope.

I will stand up and say that he has given me hope.


Friday Hudson’s 16-year-old daughter, Destinee Mangum (pictured), and her 17-year-old friend were on the MAX, giddy to have permission to go to the Clackamas Town Center mall.

“This was Destinee's second or third time even being allowed to catch public transportation,” said Hudson.
“They actually ended up on the wrong MAX and this is what happened.”

Witnesses said a violent man began yelling hate-filled words at Destinee and her friend, who is Muslim. Three men stepped in to defend the girls and were stabbed.

Rick Best, 52, Taliesin Namkai-Meche, 23, were killed in the attack. Micah Fletcher, 21, survived.


Fletcher sustained serious injuries to his neck.

Fletcher is not the lone survivor of the Portland attack. He has two people in this world, that know what happened. The girls he helped to save.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/blakemontgomery/portland-victims-meet?utm_term=.nrvz674Ml#.skp5r8M4g


People across the country have donated to Fletcher in response to his heroic actions, but he instead shared a page raising money for the two girls in his Facebook post and wrote #ChangeHerDestinee


http://www.kgw.com/news/local/mom-t...-daughter-from-racist-attack-on-max/444421612
 
Bah, I couldn't even make it halfway through this drivel.

Let me make it easier for you. Instead of spending so much time typing and providing links nobody will click on, how about if you keep pasting in this message:

"Ahhhh, our duly elected president is doing something unpopular with the minority of the country. It was OK when our liberal American-hating president did it, we loved it, but we can't handle getting a dose of our own medicine.

"Even worse, some half-baked 'research' with questionable conclusions are trying to make people thing some group of people are getting a bad deal.

"Now listen to me moan about how unfair it is!"

Lol. Oh yes, you're so right.
 
While we were looking the other way

It is a mistake to concentrate on Russigate, because it is a manufactured distraction. Real damage is done through the laws that protect people, land, water, air, resources, historical sites, and land that is set aside for everyone. Forty years of rigging the system is bearing the fruit of subversion.The proof of the pattern is the Bundy takeover in Oregon.The ranch rebellion was just testing the barriers.

N.H. man sentenced to 7 years for role in Bundy ranch standoff

New Hampshire man who founded that state’s largest Tea Party group and was a prominent Donald Trump supporter was sentenced Wednesday to seven years in federal prison for his role in the Bundy Ranch standoff against the government in Nevada three years ago.

Jerry DeLemus, 62, of Rochester, N.H., is the first person to be sentenced as a result of resisting government officials who acted to move cattle grazing on federally owned land. Others, including members of the Bundy family, have had either mistrials or are awaiting sentencing themselves.

The sentence from Chief US District Judge Gloria Navarro in Las Vegas was more than a year longer than prosecutors requested. During sentencing, Navarro called DeLemus a “bully vigilante” who had not accepted responsibility for his action.

In October, DeLemus tried to withdraw his guilty plea of conspiracy and interstate travel in aid of extortion, but the judge refused and cited his effort to do so as a reason for the longer sentence.


https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...7WO/story.html

Under Gilead's regime, it is not only the women and girls that lose everything. The top servants of the elite may be given more, but they, too, have their hands tied. These are the people that assist the elite in taking away everything that America has to offer.Would you like to live in American version of Russia ?

It is the same as it always has been. The hands that move the puppets stay hidden.

While we watch the Punch (Trump) and Judy (Angela Merkel, or May ) show, the infiltration has reached the saturation point. Sick of multiculture ? Welcome to restrictive monoculture, and wave good- bye to the USA.

"Theresa May says the internet must now be regulated following London Bridge terror attack"

(ooh! The terrorists had "safe-spaces")


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ebook-whatsapp-borough-security-a7771896.html

The fanatics that focus on ant- abortion may want to punish the sluts, but they may soon find life is boring, under the regime they hoped to bring to into power. The first thing that will be lost is the freedom of speech. No one will be allowed to oppose anything.
 
Handmaid’s star Elisabeth Moss has, for years, cheerily dodged questions about her lifelong membership in Scientology and the alleged abuses within the church.

Madeline Brewer, who plays the Handmaid Janine, even reassured the audience that the show isn’t “any sort of feminist propaganda. I think it’s a story about women and about humans.” She added, “You see [in the pilot], the three people [publicly] hanged on the wall were all men. This story affects all people.”

To insist that the goddamn Handmaid’s Tale has no special relevance for women is, of course, intentionally obtuse in a way that suggests that the people shaping the show’s marketing campaign are worried. It seems like someone, somewhere, is concerned about the ratings implications of being accused of Committing Feminism, alienating the precious 18-34 male demographic and dooming the show to be shown only in a backroom at that feminist bookstore from Portlandia on a dreary loop forever. Showrunner Bruce Miller told the New York Times, “I don’t feel like it’s a male or female story; it’s a survival story.”

http://themuse.jezebel.com/isnt-it-relevant-that-the-star-of-the-handmaids-tale-be-1794667562

" I don’t understand who the Handmaid’s Tale cast is afraid of, who they think they’re answering to, or where they think disavowing feminism will get them. We all inhabit this new reality together, whether we like it or not, and pretending like this is just any show or any time in history won’t save any of us."

- Anna Merlan
 
"If only Nick could come to their Sons of Jacob meetings, to see the better way they have on offer, the one that can give him so much more than the corrupt failings of modern society. If only they could go back to the days when things were simpler for men like them. When everybody knew their place."

"This is something that cults do, that men’s rights activists do, that white supremacists and religious extremists do. They look for the people on the fringes who feel powerless and lost, unable to fulfill the destinies they believed were theirs to be claimed. They offer a solution that is both seductive and familial: a community where they can be accepted and empowered and restored. The trick, of course, is that the power they offer is built on oppression, ripped away from others along lines of race and gender on the pretense that somehow they deserve it more."

http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/the-handmaids-tale-recap-episode-8-jezebels.html

gsgs comment-

Is that what the trolls that surround Emperor Caligula Carrot tell themselves They deserve everything they can steal ?

Victim Blaming

The psychologist Melvin Lerner developed just world theory in the 1960s, arguing that we’re motivated to believe that the world is a fair place. The alternative—a universe where bad things happen to good people—is too upsetting. So we engage defense mechanisms such as blaming the victim—“She shouldn’t have dressed that way”—or trusting that positive and negative events will be balanced out by karma, a form of magical thinking.

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...tialism_the_rich_think_they_are_superior.html

Which is why there is a chance that Cosby might very well, walk away a free man.

"She must have done something "wrong"
to have suffered such abuse."

"That would have never happened to me."

"There must be something "wrong" with her.

"She must have invited the abuse, somehow."

"I would never invite abuse, as she has done."

In this day and age, in spite of studies, and the testimony of millions of women...
 
Steam is spouting out of this woman's ears- could it be...

June 15, 2017


Hysterical,” is how CNN pundit Jason Miller described Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) on Tuesday night.

Miller was describing Harris’s now viral back-and-forth with Attorney General Jeff Sessions during his testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Harris was, as Kirsten Powers said, “asking tough questions,” but instead Miller saw and heard “a partisan screed.”

"I think she was hysterical.”
- Jason Miller

"He wasn’t hysterical but she was? ... I just wanted to clear that up,” Powers interjected, referencing the particularly gendered way which the term is employed. But even that proved to be, somehow, something worth contesting. “Hysteria is a neutral quality,” Jeffrey Lord shot back, without any apparent sense of self-awareness.

While Lord rejected Powers’s criticism, he practically plagiarized an ancient narrative, one that positions women as so absorbed by their own irrationality that they lack the critical apparatus to interpret their own bodies and behavior.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/kamala-ha...e-o-1796101513

Hysteria” was officially removed from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) in 1980, and psychiatrists now consider it to be a pejorative term. However, in this context, it’s not hard to see how gendered stereotypes about women’s emotions may continue to color their experiences as they try to explain how they’re feeling. In fact, some doctors believe that “psychosomatic symptoms” has become the modern-day equivalent of “hysteria” — a catch-all term for physical symptoms that can’t be explained, and are therefore written off as neurological.

https://thinkprogress.org/when-gende...th-f1f130a5e79

Do not worry your pretty heads, with thoughts of birth control and abortion. We will get rid of those nasty things. We know what is best for you. If we cause your death, we can always blame it on God/god. Meanwhile, we men will enjoy the benefit of the latest medical advances. (Why are all.of the women suddenly dropping dead from heart ailments and complaints ? It is their own fault. They should have chosen to be born men. Everyone knows that a uterus is bad news. Utterly undependable. Makes your whole body hysterical. Including your brain.)

We thank Russia for their intervention , and their wise decision to provide us with Donald Trump as a leader. We would have had to suffer the worrisome burden of a menopausal woman as president. Pity Europe. They have to look after the little old ladies, like the Queen of England.
 
North Carolina State of Mind

Wonderful, If you are a serial rapist, or someone that is fond of humiliating women that are in the process of getting raped.

The book places the main character in Boston. Maybe, the takeover by the Extreme Religious Right happens in states where women's resources are deliberately un-funded, first.

This North Carolina Law Is Straight Out of “The Handmaid’s Tale”


Women cannot legally rescind consent during sex

June 22, 2017

In North Carolina, women can’t legally withdraw their consent in the middle of sex, even if things get violent—
and attempts to change that reality at the Legislature aren’t going well

According to a 1979 state Supreme Court ruling, State v. Way, a man isn’t guilty of rape if he continues to have intercourse with a woman who asks him to stop, so long as she agreed to the encounter at the outset.

Sen. Jeff Jackson(Democrat) told the Fayetteville Observer. “North Carolina is the only state…where no doesn’t mean no,” he said. “There’s no reason for this to be partisan.”

http://www.motherjones.com/politics...na-law-is-straight-out-of-the-handmaids-tale/

North Carolina Supreme Court ruled in 1979, in State v. Way, that women cannot revoke consent after sexual intercourse begins.

State v. Way (297 N.C. 293) states that if [intercourse begins] with the victim's consent, no rape has occurred though the victim later withdraws consent during the same act of intercourse.

A Mecklenburg County Democrat, Jeff Jackson, is looking to get the law changed

Women can't revoke consent to sex once underway, NC law states

Representatives from the North Carolina Conference of District Attorneys say the law is still good and add other lawyers call their office to make sure the law is current and are stunned to find out it is.

If the bill is to be introduced by the time the session ends, Senate Bill 533 has to be amended. Jackson says he is working on that and is hopeful his bill will be introduced and passed very soon.

http://m.wbtv.com/wbtv/db_330726/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=7XegyN30



Jun 23, 2017


Psuedo-Conservatives punish Attorney General Josh Stein by stripping the office's budget by 40%.

The budget writers designated specific funds where the cuts were to be made, an option that puts the recently elected attorney general in the position of planning layoffs of almost a third of the attorneys in the justice department.


Stein estimated he would have to lay off 123 full-time employees from his technology support staff, human resources office or his team of attorneys. The vast majority, he said, would be attorneys.


http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article157510939.html

NC Attorney General Josh Stein is not cooperating with the Pseudo- Conservative agenda, and he actively opposes their efforts.

Republicans have criticized Stein for joining other attorneys general across the country in legal briefs against President Donald Trump’s travel ban and against an Ohio law that defunds Planned Parenthood.

The governor only lost 20% of his budget.

The Republicans at the helm of the General Assembly have taken numerous steps to clip Gov. Roy Cooper’s wings since the Democrat won election to the executive office.

When asked about the cuts to his office on Tuesday, Cooper said: “I’m keeping my eye on the big picture. What I am worried about is the fact that this budget has provided tax giveaways for those who have, instead of investing in education. I’m sure that’s political spite or something. I’m keeping my eye on making sure our budget for our state has vision and invests in education, and this budget does not do that.”



http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article157473739.html


House Minority Leader blasts GOP cuts to AG, governor's office

Shame on you!

"The budget prioritizes tax cuts and pork-barrel spending," House Minority Leader Darren Jackson, a Wake County Democrat, said during floor debate. "When you turn the pages, page after page you can feel the grease on your fingerprints."

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...tate-budget-on-track-for-passage-coopers-desk


No one in the legislature stood up for the Attorney General.

No one stood up for low-income families losing access to legal services.

http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/2017...vernors-office/#sthash.cVZSlEuV.HYamGCfw.dpbs



Trump sets the example for the Right. Once you are in a position of power, grab all that you can for yourself!


Tax breaks for everyone!

$100 million, in last minute pork barrel projects snuck into the budget.

(Today, I discovered that in certain states, a person would never be exposed to reality on the news, if they wished to avoid it. Evangelical television broadcasts include news. Anyone could wall themselves off from hearing any opposing viewpoints.)

Be like Trump! Demonize the media.

North Carolina senator from Mecklenburg County compared the media to terrorists in a series of tweets Wednesday night and Thursday morning.

Senator Dan Bishop (R-Mecklenburg) used the term “jihad media” three times in a series of tweets about stories Wednesday night, including a story from the Raleigh News & Observer about funding cuts to the North Carolina Attorney General’s Office in the budget deal worked out by Republican lawmakers.

Bishop, whose district stretches across most of Mecklenburg County, confirmed that he purposely used a word commonly associated with terrorists to characterize the media in a subsequent tweet Wednesday night.


"Petty, jihad media, carrying water as always."


"How can I "disagree" with a "news" story? Isn't it supposed to be facts? Or is it a jihad: "any vigorous, emotional crusade"? "


http://www.wbtv.com/story/35726887/...mpares-media-to-terrorists?clienttype=generic


"Taking something that was already critically underfunded and slashing it more."

The cuts to Medicaid are deeper even than the $834 billion proposed in the AHCA. “We were hoping it would be an improvement. We don’t see this as an improvement,” said Julie Henry, spokeswoman for the North Carolina Hospital Association. “We’re very disappointed in this version. The thing that is difficult for a lot of people to see — there are lots of things that are key buzzwords and phrases and repealing a lot of the requirements of the Affordable Care Act — is how much of a burden it pushes to the state.”

North Carolina has roughly 2 million people on Medicaid. These are the people that the House and Senate are willing to kill, to get their two trillion dollars worth of tax breaks.


North Carolina has roughly 2 million people on Medicaid, according to Henry, a figure in line with the national percentage of 20 percent, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.

http://bluenc.com
 
These grand shows of presenting plans to replace Obama care are staring to feel like feints. It brings to mind, a line from a Dune series book. Plans within plans, within plans. Goodness knows, their long term outlook does not wish for feminism or multiculturalism to survive.

Something to look forward to-

Claire McCarthy will direct the film, which will have a script by Semi Chellas based on the teen novel of the same title by Lisa Klein.
Tonight, on Stephen Colbert's show, one of the actresses let the public know it is being filmed.
 
Oh god, gsgs you're such an idiot. These Handmaid Tales conspiracies are so fucking stupid.

Are you just upset because men would rather fuck other men than fuck you?
 
Goodness knows, their long term outlook does not wish for feminism or multiculturalism.

More likely feminism won't survive multiculturalism. Don't see too many feminists in Saudi now, do we. Soon to be fading away in Europe too. Now there's you real Handmaids Tale, not this fake Christian Right nonsense.
 
Feminism does just fine in countries which embrace multi-culturalism. Countries which support multi-culturalism and feminism do just fine also.
justin-trudeau.jpg
 
Feminism does just fine in countries which embrace multi-culturalism. Countries which support multi-culturalism and feminism do just fine also.
justin-trudeau.jpg

Sweden? Oh, wait....
Netherlands? Oh, wait....
Germany? Oh, wait....
The UK? Oh, wait.....
France? Oh dear, my mistake.....
South Africa? Uh, sorry, shouldn't have mentioned that one....
USA? You're shitting me, dude...
Canada eh? Well, maybe Canada but they're real picky and outside of Toronto, well Hongcouver is pretty much Chinese now.

Nope, seem to not be seeing that one.
 
Sweden? Oh, wait....
Netherlands? Oh, wait....
Germany? Oh, wait....
The UK? Oh, wait.....
France? Oh dear, my mistake.....
South Africa? Uh, sorry, shouldn't have mentioned that one....
USA? You're shitting me, dude...
Canada eh? Well, maybe Canada but they're real picky and outside of Toronto, well Hongcouver is pretty much Chinese now.

Nope, seem to not be seeing that one.
What are you waiting for? the country that accepts Nazi boys?
 
What are you waiting for? the country that accepts Nazi boys?

Ooooooooh, blonde guys with chiseled feature in those Hugo Boss designs just do it for me. Lol.

Now seriously, why would you say that. Me, I'm all for assimilation. I haven't yet seen an example where multiculturalism actually works successfully. Immigration and assimilation, yes. I'm all for that, obviously. Show me tho somewhere where multiculturalism is working. Not here. Not with a lot of Hispanics in the US. Do I hear La Raza? Go ahead, tell me about it.
 
Boston Public on WGBH

New York Times removes public editor.
A mistake

Public editor is more than red pencil corrector.
They add vpice to judgement of what is printed or published
Twittter does not do the job.

Scott Palley vs Donald Trump

Liz Spayd, the sixth public editor, is at the intersection of Times readers and Times journalist

Liz Spayd said yes, there should be a Republican /Conservative view on Global Climate Change, in order to present fair, balanced opinion.

Today, the Boston Globe building in Dirchester is empty. :(
 
Oops
hit the wrong button.
bare bones list, of what I wanted to base a post on

There was a wealth of subjects discussed on this week's Boston Public.

This one, stuck with me.

It seems that many newspapers eliminated the position of public editor.

Was it a money saving decision ? Eliminating a voice of reason, and a set of human eyes to watch over editing, does not seem to me, to be a wise one.
 
Sorry, women.
No, the White House has no liason for women.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/30/donald-trump-white-house-council-for-women-and-girls-239979

National Organization for Women President Terry O’Neill, whose organization has partnerships with over 200 women’s groups, said she and others have yet to find a point person in the White House.

“I see no evidence, zero, that Donald Trump has anyone in his orbit to advocate for women and girls,” said O’Neill

We wish [the agency] was still intact, but it’s not and it’s not going to be,” said Deborah Holmes, head of communications and engagement for the Women’s Funding Network.

The group was among the private philanthropies that made a $100 million joint commitment in 2015 through the Obama women’s council to support gender equality through a fundraising campaign called “Prosperity Together.”

http://theslot.jezebel.com/it-looks-like-the-trump-administration-has-abandoned-th-1796549152

Trump admin considers removing WH council on women

https://www.axios.com/trump-could-remove-obamas-council-on-women-and-girls-2451022288.html

axios.com

gsgs comment-

No one, but us Handmaidens, here...

White House Council on Women and Girls, abandoned by Trump


Office for Women’s Initiatives and Outreach, was given an office, staff, and budget, when Clinton Democrats were in power. Republicans were not enthusiastic about equality, but at least George Bush Jr gave women a contact.

President Obama gave full support to their White House Council on Women and Girls

/end gsgs comment

Initially, it looked as though the Trump administration was going to keep the Council, with Ivanka Trump as its new head. In April, Ivanka and other aides launched a review of the office, promising that it would be completed in May. But the deadline passed and the White House has not indicated if the review is complete or if it has made a decision on the fate of the organization. Maybe it was around then that Ivanka decided that she would “stay out of politics.”

Given the White House’s inaction, it looks like the White House Council on Women and Girls has died a silent death from apathy. But surely, given the president’s track record on gender, including sexual assault allegations and the regular public humiliation of women, this is hardly surprising news.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/30/donald-trump-white-house-council-for-women-and-girls-239979

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/04/ivanka-trump-fund-women-entrepreneurs

Ivanka's Self Promotion Tour, utilizing Saudi Arabia cash for her Ivanka branded entrepreneur fund for women, and the whole International Women's Summit.


Did Ivanka "yoink" the issue out of Angela Merkel's hands ?

Daddy's little chip off the block, had her father intercede for her, while he was doing his own international tour.

What is a pledge of a 100 million dollars, when an opportunity to buy weapons, us at stake ?

Since Ivanka works as a senior adviser in the White House, it’s possible that she could be involved with foreign policy decisions relating to the countries that have donated to the fund. It’s not illegal or unprecedented for presidents or their families to engage in philanthropy while in the White House, but such efforts are required to go through a lengthy approval process to ensure that there is no sort of special access or influence given in exchange for donations.



Ivanka has an office in the White House

(it’s hard to be half political when you have an office in the White House.)

Ivanka Has To Decide If She's Political Or Not

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/06/160807/ivanka-trump-stays-decide-if-political


Is she a supportive first daughter? Is she taking over the role of first lady? Or is she a political adviser, like her husband?


When it was announced she would work in the White House as an unpaid "special assistant" to the president, it seemed the answer was the latter. However, in an interview with Fox & Friends that aired Monday morning, she said she tries to "stay out of politics."

Although she's careful not to give clear answers on what policies she's working on or advising the president on, just last week Ivanka was meeting with key Republicans in Congress about paid leave.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ing-in-beauty-and-the-beast-more-like-macbeth

Macbeth White House ?
 
Back
Top