Literotica’s All-time ‘most Votes/Comments Received’ List

Status
Not open for further replies.
good for you...finally!!!

Hi, it’s [size=+2]Gabby[/size] again.

Thank you Mr. Alien! You know sir, after reading your previous posts, I hadn’t been particularily impressed with you. I’d lumped you in with the ‘cutesy’ posters. And even though you seem to still find it difficult to refrain from trying to be ‘cute’ when posting, your recent comment have raised you up a notch or two in this young girls eyes.

I had actually been starting to lose hope. I mean the boss had warned me but still, the level of comments has been pretty feeble. And when I read the following from the PILOT I was ready to go in and tell the boss to shove the job: As far as the best indicator of a good read, if you could subtract out the factor of the author and friends leaning on the "open" and "5" buttons (which you can't), the combination of "most story reads" and "highest combined rating," would seem the best guide to readers looking for the stories others have been attracted to the most and liked the best--and Lit. already has those lists.

The utter xxxdeletedxxx of the above is enough for any halfway intelligent young girl to simply throw up her hands in despair!

However, your: …what you really need to work on is a table that shows the number of "views," the category (so we can take account of the fact that incest and mature stories attract an enormous number of views, and romance readers tend to rate their stories a little higher), the votes (since that seems to be important to your friend, and since, together with the number of views, would tell us the percentage of viewers who actually made it to the end (or skipped there) and felt strongly enough about the story to vote), and the score (since that would tell us what they did when they got there). This might actually be a useful table…is a brilliant analysis of the problem!

Literotica measures three things: 1)VIEWS, 2)NUMBER OF VOTES, and 3)AVERAGE SCORE. Mr. Scouries believes, and I agree with him, that all three are important in guiding readers to the very best stories.

“NUMBERS OF VOTES” is extremely important for a couple of reasons. First, as any one who has any understanding of mathmatics and statistical sampling knows, sample size (in this case the number of votes cast) is of paramount importance in evaluating the results you receive (in this cast the average score).

Secondly, the total number of votes cast (as you point out) is the best indicator of how many people actually read the story in question. And, as you say, felt strogly enough to take the time to vote.

As a Literotica reader myself, with over 110,000 stories to pick from, I can tell you that I want to read the stories that have evoked some response among the general public. And so far, with some exceptions, the list that I am now in charge of maintaining has been very useful to me in choosing excellant stories.


Mr.Moon DELETED SEPT 14


* * * * *​

I’d like to make one final point to all of you who have been criticising my efforts: Mr. Scouries, and then subsequently I, simply set out to produce a list of the “Most Voted” on stories in Literotica’s history. Nothing more, nothing less!

And you know what? Every question on this subject could be easily answered – all Literotica has to do is push a button and produce a 100% accurate list. As most of you know Mr. Scouries has asked management to do this quite often in the past.

Have a nice evening,

[size=+2]Gabby[/size] with two b’s mr. alien…
 
Last edited:
more stories...

Hi, it’s [size=+2]Gabby[/size] again.

We’re up to [size=+2]89[/size] now!!!

After having heard from rgjohn and adding his four stories on Monday, I’ve continued to receive replies from many other top Literoticans!

Today I’ve got updates from two other authors who have supplied the following information:

TryAnything has added the following three stories to the four we already had from him. They are:

5060 votes Service 2003
3695 votes Cheerleader 2002
1329 votes Jenny 2002

A multi-contest winner, this author of course is one of the greatest storytellers in Literotica history. ‘Cheerleader’, for example, is the third most viewed story in Literotica history!

Dirty Slut also responded with two new stories to go with the one already up. They are:

1230 votes Daddy’s Slut Girl 2003
1029 votes A Born Slut 2003

I also heard from Tony88888, already a member of the 1000+ club. While he has no other 1000 vote stories he does report that he has a story called, “My Wife's Fantasy Lover”, a Loving Wives story that has 947 votes. This is a story that has a turquoise winners “W” and I suggest all of you get out and read it and vote for it. Let’s get this story onto the list!

Strickland83 reports that his story, “King Size Bed’, will soon be in print.

I’ve also got areply from niki_2021 author of the over 1,000,000 view story, “A Brother and a Sister Ch. 01-06”, one of Literotica’s greatest ever stories.

And how about sweetsubsarah’s story, “Anal Sex (Gasp!): A Hands-On Manuel”. The boss and I both voted for it yesterday and she only need 13 more votes. Please guys, lets get her and Tony over the hump!

* * * * *​

I’ve also heard back from another ten members of the list and so far the response has been good. Almost all have said they’ve wondered why this list hasn’t been available before and are quite happy to see it and to participate in futurte updates.

Please, if anyone else knows of any other 1000+ stories please get in touch with me.

All the vote totals reflect the number of votes that Mr. Scouries and I found on August 24/25th 2007 except for the newly reported stories which reflect vote totals as reported by their authors.

It is our plan to update the vote totals on this list only every three or four months. We probably will go back to official ‘list’ authors and get updated vote totals as of Jan. 1, 2008.

Thanks to all of you who’ve been so kind in replying, it looks like it’s finally starting to come together,

[size=+2]Gabby[/size]
 
Last edited:
scouries said:
BY YEAR
2000 – 1
2001 – 16
2002 – 30
2003 – 17
2004 – 14
2005 – 5
2006 – 4
2007 – 2​
I find the year breakdown pretty interesting. Although the 1000 vote cut-off is fairly arbitrary, it's telling that only 11 stories since the start of 2005 have managed to accumulate 1,000+ votes.
 
JamesSD said:
I find the year breakdown pretty interesting. Although the 1000 vote cut-off is fairly arbitrary, it's telling that only 11 stories since the start of 2005 have managed to accumulate 1,000+ votes.

Perhaps the lighting of the bulb over Scouries's head when focusing on this is why he edited out the reference to this representing the "greatest stories of Literotica" in his original posting.

Obviously, it takes time to accumulate votes and the index to "greatness" isn't really longevity.
 
While Bean-Counting..

Why not compile how many writers who have been helped by volunteer-editors, I would like to know...
 
AsylumSeeker said:
Why not compile how many writers who have been helped by volunteer-editors, I would like to know...

But then you'd need a list of writers who engaged volunteer "editors" and weren't helped. :D
 
sr71plt said:
But then you'd need a list of writers who engaged volunteer "editors" and weren't helped. :D

And then a list of VE who did their job and were trashed when the writer didn't appreciate what they had to say about his/her stories. :p
 
I love how the supposed Gabby completely ignored Brian's request to be removed from the list. If you are asking people to participate, you should be just as eager to remove names of those that don't.
 
LadyCibelle said:
And then a list of VE who did their job and were trashed when the writer didn't appreciate what they had to say about his/her stories. :p

Oh, indubitably, that too. That one would be just as useful. Lots and lots of lists. Readers will be reading so many lists, they won't have time/energy left to read any of the stories. :D
 
sr71plt said:
Oh, indubitably, that too. That one would be just as useful. Lots and lots of lists. Readers will be reading so many lists, they won't have time/energy left to read any of the stories. :D

But isn't that the point? ;)
 
LadyCibelle said:
But isn't that the point? ;)

Again, indubitably. (Cause' being at the top of a list isn't going to get me to open up one of Scourie's stories.)
 
sr71plt said:
Again, indubitably. (Cause' being at the top of a list isn't going to get me to open up one of Scourie's stories.)
Now that was funny. :p :D
 
sr71plt said:
Again, indubitably. (Cause' being at the top of a list isn't going to get me to open up one of Scourie's stories.)

Aren't you getting worried that we seem to be agreeing more and more with each other? :D
 
:rose: Hey Lady C. Long time no see. How are you doing? I hope a lot better than the last time we talked.
 
Daniellekitten said:
:rose: Hey Lady C. Long time no see. How are you doing? I hope a lot better than the last time we talked.

Hey beautiful! :rose:

Nope, still no better. Even a holiday didn't help. I've been back for a little more than a week now and I've spent almost all that time down on my back. :eek:

How is you? Oh a funny anecdote for you. Remember when you went to the hospital a few weeks ago? Well, one of my writer confused you with me. He wouldn't believe me when I said I wasn't in the hospital. LMAO
 
gabby said:
Thank you Mr. Alien! You know sir, after reading your previous posts, I hadn’t been particularily impressed with you. I’d lumped you in with the ‘cutesy’ posters. And even though you seem to still find it difficult to refrain from trying to be ‘cute’ when posting, your recent comment have raised you up a notch or two in this young girls eyes.

I'm quite sure you have no idea how much this means to me. Oh, and I do apologize for misspelling your name. I mean, Jesssus Christtttt, I should have realized that if anyone's nickname was going to have superfluous consonants, it would be a friend of Mr. Scouries. (I'm sorry, I'm trying to be cute again, aren't I?)

gabby said:
“NUMBERS OF VOTES” is extremely important for a couple of reasons. First, as any one who has any understanding of mathmatics and statistical sampling knows, sample size (in this case the number of votes cast) is of paramount importance in evaluating the results you receive (in this cast the average score).

I don't pretend to know much about statistical sampling, but it does seem to me there is a floor of votes that we can consider statistically significant (just as there is minimum number of people that must be polled to arrive at a result within a given margin of error). For example, I tend to discount the scores of stories with only ten votes. On the other hand, the scores of stories with 50 or 100 votes are probably fairly representative of the views of those who read the story. In either case, though, it's the result (the scores), rather than the size of the sample, that I look at.

gabby said:
Secondly, the total number of votes cast (as you point out) is the best indicator of how many people actually read the story in question. And, as you say, felt strogly enough to take the time to vote.

What I actually pointed out was that the votes, "together with the number of views, would tell us the percentage of viewers who actually made it to the end (or skipped there) and felt strongly enough about the story to vote."

gabby said:
However, your: …what you really need to work on is a table that shows the number of "views," the category (so we can take account of the fact that incest and mature stories attract an enormous number of views, and romance readers tend to rate their stories a little higher), the votes (since that seems to be important to your friend, and since, together with the number of views, would tell us the percentage of viewers who actually made it to the end (or skipped there) and felt strongly enough about the story to vote), and the score (since that would tell us what they did when they got there). This might actually be a useful table…is a brilliant analysis of the problem!

I hadn't actually realized that there was a problem, but I'm glad you liked the analysis. Because what it tells me is that Mr. Scouries' attempt to identify "Literotica's Greatest Writers" based on the number of votes is, like a number of other things on this thread, a lot of hooey. Let's take a look.

Votes Views Pct. Category Score Title and Author
7870 576,413 .0136 Incest 4.50 "Daddy", I Whispered scouries
5549 1,867,514 .0029 Incest 4.79 A Mother and Her Son rgjohn
5060 3,077,955 .0016 Incest 4.78 Service TryAnything*
4664 836,653 .0055 Incest 4.69 Thank You Jeannie Ch. 01-06 Wm_Sexspear
4419 N/A N/A 1st Time 4.66 Discovering Diane Wm_Sexspear
3885 361,647 .0107 Mature 4.85 Laura's Vineyard ronde
3695 2,710,398 .0013 Incest 4.69 Cheerleader TryAnything*
3603 465,089 .0077 Incest 4.63 Ohhh Mommy", I Groaned scouries
3458 631,702 .0054 Incest 4.82 Replacing My Cum Bucket Bobby T
3286 395,121 .0083 Incest 4.81 It Started with a Kiss Ch. 01 miss_honeypot

Of the eight Incest stories on this list, only two of them (the last two) appear in the top five hundred highest-rated Incest stories (to be fair, some of the later chapters of Thank You Jeannie also appear on the list). Each of them has a cute little red "H" (the first only barely), but if the average reader is depending on the number of votes alone to identify stories that he is likely to enjoy (even in the categories that he enjoys), he is going to be sadly mistaken. First, he's going to find a lot of incest stories. Second, he will evidently find a large percentage of them that weren't thought good enough to be considered among the top five hundred.

In fairness, again, I would note that Laura's Vineyard is 19th on the list of highest-rated Mature Stories and, as you would expect with that kind of rating, is actually a very well-written story. Thank you for at least recalling that story to my attention. In addition, Discovering Diane does appear in the top 500 highest-rated First Time stories (at number 383). I thought that was a nice story, too.

gabby said:
As a Literotica reader myself, with over 110,000 stories to pick from, I can tell you that I want to read the stories that have evoked some response among the general public. And so far, with some exceptions, the list that I am now in charge of maintaining has been very useful to me in choosing excellant stories.

If you like Incest stories, and your taste differs significantly from the general Literotica readership, that may very well be true. You might find, however, that going through the highest-rated Incest stories, and reading those with a statistically significant number of votes, might give you even better stories. (Of course, you wouldn't get any of your boss's that way, would you? On second thought, maybe you shouldn't do it that way).
 
Marsh, I know you know this, but arguing with an alt is like bashing someone else's head against the wall. It's just not as satisfying. I'd like to know how someone could actually think that votes without scores could mean that these are the stories to read. If a story has 1500 votes and a rating of 2.5 does that mean it's better than a story that has 379 votes and sits at a 4.92? I think I'd rather read the story with lesser votes and a higher score.

But I don't look at any of those lists to figure out what I want to read. I read what catches my attention. Plus I use the feedback portal which tells me what others think of the story.
 
An alt? :eek: You mean there really isn't a nubile nineteen year old refugee from a nudist beach who is impressed with my mental agility?

Dang.
 
MarshAlien said:
An alt? :eek: You mean there really isn't a nubile nineteen year old refugee from a nudist beach who is impressed with my mental agility?

Dang.
I'm impressed with your mental agility. Considering your age, it's an amazing thing. Does that help?
 
drksideofthemoon said:
I know you've all been waiting for it, so here it is...a picture of Gabby

gabbyhys.jpg

No need to thank me, just doing my duty...:D

There's something just the tiniest bit, I don't know, disappointing about this...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top