In State of the Union, Obama to return to jobs and the economy

So you deride someone for unscientific speculation and then paste unscientific speculation?


It's scientific method, stupid— something of which you know nothing.


Stick to what you know: changing bedpans.


 


This is not how you strengthen the middle class. This is how you destroy it:

German steelmakers face a 72 percent jump this year in costs associated with the nation’s renewable- energy subsidy plans and rule changes to Europe’s carbon market. Costs will surge to about 621 million euros ($838 million) from 362 million euros last year...



 


It's scientific method, stupid— something of which you know nothing.


Stick to what you know: changing bedpans.



I understand that Roger Pielke, Jr., is no climatologist, nor any kind of natural scientist, but only a political scientist; and he is the one who should stick to what he knows.

Using non-climatologists as "scientific authorities" is one of the oldest tricks in the denialist playbook.

And even Pielke ought to know that there is a scientific consensus for the existence of anthropogenic global warming. For a list of national or international scientific bodies that reject anthropogenic global warming, see here.

Keep going, though -- I've almost got my Bingo! :)
 
She's damaged goods.

Damaged how? Association with the W Admin would be an electoral drag, even in 2016; association with the Obama or Clinton Admin will be quite the reverse, and you know it. And Hillary came out of that Benghazi business smelling cleaner than any of the Pub senators who grilled her, and you know that too.
 
Last edited:
. . . and Hillary's Marxist plans for health care were interrupted by Newt and gang.

1) "Marxist"? The first national health-care plan in a modern state was introduced in Germany by Otto von Bismarck, and he weren't no Marxist. In fact, that together with old-age pensions was his way of preventing socialism in Germany.

2) So why couldn't the RW do the same dishonest Harry and Louise thing with Obama's plan? They had to fall back on Tea Party tards screaming at Town Hall meetings, and it wasn't nearly enough.
 
556034_505553729502990_1096748017_n.jpg
 
It's rare to see the argument that some new technology is too expensive because it costs such and such, without subtracting the amount saved by not using the old technology.

Thanks for that one, Trysail.
 
She doesn't seem focused. She apparently had a head injury. Her inattention to detail cost American lives. Could be diminished capacity. It's been reported she's wearing fresnel lenses to treat double vision:

http://blog.rochesteropticalstores.com/2013/01/30/eye-university-double-vision-fresnel-lenses/

Of course in the battle to maintain Democrat control, all of this could be ignored by the media, as they ignored her deliberate obfuscation during those congressional hearings, and as they ignored Obama's total lack of qualification for the office of President in the rush to support a politically correct candidate. It's obvious that democrat control of government is more important to the lamestream media than the future existence of the nation.:rolleyes:

Things like that happen when you're in a airplane crash:D
 
She really has nothing to offer anyway except the Marxist views she's harbored since Wellesley, where she submitted a 92 page paper expressing her admiration of Saul Alinsky, titled: " There Is Only the Fight...’: An Analysis of the Alinsky Model."

Note that the Clintons asked the college to suppress the paper during their reign in the White House.

[shrug] Well, there's more than one kind of "radical," and you needn't be any kind of Marxist to take lessons from Alinskian tactics. And I suppose this paper is no longer suppressed if ever it was -- do you have a link?
 
She doesn't seem focused. She apparently had a head injury. Her inattention to detail cost American lives. Could be diminished capacity. It's been reported she's wearing fresnel lenses to treat double vision:

Well, it's a long time to the 2016 primary season. If anything actually is wrong with Hillary, she might get better, she might get worse, and she'll go into it (if she does) knowing that Dem rivals as well as Pubs will exploit to the max any hint of diminished health or capacity. Knowing, also, that there has existed since she was First Lady a whole cottage industry devoted to publishing malicious lies about her, and it's still there waiting to be revived, and that Regnery Publishing is still in business, more's the pity. If she can run that gauntlet all the way through November, we can be sure she's fit to be POTUS, and fit in more than health.
 
Last edited:
Did they create a separate women's infantry standard that I missed? Also where is this thing about gay people's boyfriends getting benefits? Link?

No...they are held unilaterally across the military to a lower standard, which means the infantry now open to women has to accept that standard.

I ask again...if you were a soldier in combat, weighing in at 300+ lbs in full kit....would you trust Miss 19 push up's to keep that 30lb 249 at the ready to cover your ass on a 58hr mission or 2 week patrol? how about carry your ass 6 miles at a dead sprint to get to the choppa??:confused:

WELL? Still waiting on that answer merc.

If you grow a spine maybe you will riddle me this one high speed....what is "fair" or "equal" about a woman being awarded the same title/position as a man when she only has to do 1/2 or less of the work??

No worries...I know you don't have the testicular fortitude to answer that one, wouldn't want to make anyone think you don't love women!!;)

If two women are in a lifelong committed relationship complete with a wedding but their state refuses to acknowledge the wedding, what's the harm in allowing benefits? Many private companies have been doing that for a while now and I doubt it's caused them to lose their competitive edge.

How do you know they are in a lifelong committed relationship and not just someone looking for a hand out? A marriage licence usually does that trick...

The state refusing to acknowledged a weeding is not the military's issue, gay community needs to beef with their legislators or go to a state where they can get their paperwork filled out properly. Not show up on base with their hands out for a meal card.

The harm is it's not fair or equal to our service members or the public that pays for it. (we all know you couldn't give a fuck about any of those things)

....either advocate benefits for EVERYONE'S BF/GF to the tune of trillions or make the gay community produce a marriage licence just like everyone else.

Unless that is you think you can argue that certain groups be granted special privileges and benefits based on their sexual orientation......I would fucking love to hear that one. :D
 
Last edited:
Truth is she was probably chosen by Obama just for adherence to Alinksy doctrine.

What makes you think so? What Alinskian tactics did she ever actually use, in her tenure as SoS?

The rules
RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
RULE 7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
RULE 10: "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is the unceasing pressure that will result in the reaction of the opposition that is essential for the success of the campaign.
RULE 11: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
RULE 12: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
RULE 13: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.
 
the role of the obama, is to destroy the private sector and make people slaves to the gov'net. one can get "free" services if they commit to a live time of voting for the obama regime.

well, that is until USA becomes the United Socialist States of America


USSA, comrades are always welcomed!




Remember way back when the "new healthcare plan" was first suggested.. and it was mentioned that people receiving federal benefits would be required to volunteer, give back, contribute what he or she could?"

I now have more patients than ever on disability (by placing them on disability we've taken them out of "unemployment" because they no longer count in jobs statistics) and all they're volunteering is, "I'm going to turn your ass in if you don't call for me to have more ice cream."

hahaha.. progress!

forgive me if I'm skeptical following this whole "jobs and equality" presentation.
 
Obama’s Agenda Seen as Dead in the Water by Republicans
By James Rowley & Roxana Tiron - Feb 13, 2013 1:14 PM PT

President Barack Obama last night called for a higher minimum wage and stricter gun laws, proposed making preschool available to all 4-year-olds, and asked Congress to rewrite U.S. immigration law.

Today Republicans in Congress made clear that little of it will happen.
House Speaker John Boehner, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and rank-and-file Republicans opposed many of the details Obama set out in his second-term agenda in his State of the Union address to Congress. They signaled that the political fights of the past aren’t over yet.

Boehner dismissed the president’s proposal to raise the federal minimum wage. Republicans also gave a negative response to Obama’s call for new legislation to curb greenhouse-gas emissions that scientists say drives global warming.

“When you raise the price of employment, guess what happens? You get less of it,” Boehner, an Ohio Republican, told reporters at a news conference today in Washington. “Why do we want to make it harder for small employers to hire people?”

In his speech last night to a joint session of Congress, Obama proposed raising the hourly federal minimum wage to its highest inflation-adjusted value since 1981, under President Ronald Reagan, according to a White House fact sheet.

Obama’s speech was a “go-through-the motions laundry list of things” he’d “like to do,” said South Dakota Senator John Thune, a member of the chamber’s Republican leadership.

‘Won’t Pass’

“Minimum wage won’t pass the House, climate-change won’t pass the House,” Thune said. “Those are things he would probably have a hard time getting a lot of Democrats to vote for.”

The same is true for Obama’s call for guaranteeing pre- school programs for all 4-year-olds, he said. “How do you pay for it?” he said. By saying the programs wouldn’t “add a single dime to the deficit” Obama is expecting Congress to raise taxes “to finance all these new programs,” he said.
Senate Democrats seeking re-election next year in states that supported Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney in 2012 “are going to be hard pressed to vote for” new tax revenue beyond increases that have been passed, Thune said.

More here:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-13/obama-s-minimum-wage-increase-dismissed-by-boehner.html

Perhaps that is all as Obama intended -- saying no to all of that is really gonna cost the Pubs in the 2014 midterms.
 
Back
Top