A question for 60s/70s psychedelic users

NotWise

Desert Rat
I remember coming down from trips going to a local stop-and-rob to buy a quart of tomato juice, then draining it on the spot. It felt so good that it sent a rush through my whole body.

Someone long ago told me that it was because LSD made you lose some vitamin (B12, not sure) and that the juice replaced it, with a rush.

Have any of y'all been there and felt that?

I remember coming down from trips going to a local stop-and-rob to buy a quart of tomato juice, then draining it on the spot. It felt so good that it sent a rush through my whole body.

Someone long ago told me that it was because LSD made you lose some vitamin (B12, not sure) and that the juice replaced it, with a rush.

Have any of y'all been there and felt that?

Mushrooms -psilocybin. Orange juice. Same thing, helped get straight. Don't know why, probably vitamin replenishment. Maybe worked to counteract the strychnine poisoning - athough citric acid on top of strychnine, who knows.

Thanks. It makes sense.

I asked because I have a sci-fi story where the human population is living off from local produce and they're low on some essential nutrients. Someone finds a source.

Erowid is a pretty good source of info on drug use experiences: https://erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_faq.shtml

It mentions that niacin (B3) and vitamin C are both reported as helping with after-effects from LSD, and tomato juice contains both. Hydration and salt replacement probably won't hurt, either.

(I think the strychnine thing is a myth, in the same sort of vein as razorblades in Halloween apples? I'm not aware of any reason why either LSD or psilocybin would contain it; mushrooms certainly can contain lethal alkaloids but AFAIK strychnine isn't among them.)

Erowid is a pretty good source of info on drug use experiences: https://erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_faq.shtml

It mentions that niacin (B3) and vitamin C are both reported as helping with after-effects from LSD, and tomato juice contains both. Hydration and salt replacement probably won't hurt, either.

(I think the strychnine thing is a myth, in the same sort of vein as razorblades in Halloween apples? I'm not aware of any reason why either LSD or psilocybin would contain it; mushrooms certainly can contain lethal alkaloids but AFAIK strychnine isn't among them.)

Yes, a random search of the net just now suggests that strychnine and magic mushrooms is urban myth. Back in the day it was always said that strychnine was the base on which the psilocybin sat - but what did we know? Made for foul tasting coffee, that's for sure!

Don't think I ever tried it. My friends and I had a ritual of garnishing the end of Acid trips with Jack-In-The-Box tacos.

Back