How do you cheer yourself up?

That sounds so sad. I just want to give you hug as I picture it,

Distraction is best

I may go to a place that have puppies. If I can pet them, even better.

Sometimes crying helps but it's rare that I cry.

Doing something new help. Being outside of my home, experiencing something new.

Watching cartoons/anime.

I read. I take a walk. I watch a favorite movie or TV show. I play with my kids. Lots really. I just don't make enough time

Cry if it will help but it doesn't always.

Just hang out with my dog, it's impossible to be sad and look into her face. Such unconditional love and gentleness. Plus she's spastic so it's funny to watch her playing.

Play video games and kill things if it is about work. Takes the aggression out. ;)

Or just watch any animal Youtube videos. Animals are the surest way to my heart. So much cooler than humans sometimes. Just honest. :heart:

I'm rarely sad. When I do feel that way, I am generally picking up on someone else's sadness. Not much I can do there except send light and love or if I can get to them in person, give them a hug. Otherwise, just wait it out.

Well, I'm a guy. So, looking at boobs typically does it for me. And, damn. I missed Tits Out Tuesday. Or was that Thursday?

*sigh* Fine. I'll be serious. But, don't blame me if it doesn't go where you want.

Sometimes, there is not a damn thing in the world I can do about it. For example, the six month anniversary of my wife's death just passed. Meanwhile, my father, who lost his wife just 22 days after I lost mine, got to spend his 80th birthday in the cardiac ER. And has been a cantankerous old coot dwelling on his "imminent" death and how lonely he is (and how he wouldn't mind just getting it over with) since being released.

Yeah, there wasn't a damn thing I could do except hunker down and wait for the shitstorm to pass.

I've been thrown from my horse and dragged down a graveled road enough times that I know there are times that is all you can do. Just hold on for a new start to a new day and hope something worth smiling over will come your way.

But, too, there are times when I can do something about it. And, to be honest, what helps me the most is trying to make someone else laugh. I'm goofy and eccentric enough I don't always manage. But, the trying alone will usually get me out of my own head even if they don't crack a smile.

So, yeah. Sorry to be the one to tell you. I'm just acting like a goober trying to make you laugh to cheer myself up. 'Cause I'm a selfish asshat like that. :D

(And, well, tits are always more likely if she's laughing and having fun. Although, drunk is usually a necessary addition. :devil:)

If I can muster up the strength, I watch national Lampoon's Christmas vacation, or Airplane. Laughter most times turns me around. Side-splitting wet your pants laughter. Cousin Eddie...

If there's no partner available, masturbation usually does the trick. Afterwards I convince myself they are tears of joy I shed.:D

Oddly, I find that cleaning the house helps. I think about whatever annoys me or makes me angry while doing dreaded chores, as long as I'm in a bad mood I might as well do something I hate anyway. Call it fighting fire with fire.

And afterwards, even if I don't feel better, at least I have a clean place.

Incidentally, my house has been quite spotless lately.

This works for me too. Not just when I'm sad, when I'm stressed too. Or when my head feels cluttered. It is as though my room becomes my brain and by putting everything in its place and cleaning and laying fresh sheets, I tidy all of my problems too. Works most times.

And when it doesn't I go where the trees are, watch clouds or funny instagram videos.

Back