All right, folks. Wish me luck

LaRascasse

I dream, therefore I am
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Posts
1,638
You may have noticed that I'd been MIA for a while on these boards (and will be for a while longer). Just wanted to drop a post saying I'm getting geared for the job application from hell. Countless screening tests + programming tests + nerve-wracking interviews = possibly my dream job.

Who's it with? These guys of course. ;)

I'll take all the good luck I can get. I'll let you know if I get the job (after I have passed out from joy and been revived by my friends).

The basic screening is over. The real deal starts this week.
 
Good luck to you. Landing a possible job in this economy isn't easy, and getting your dream job is nigh impossible. Kudos for making it this far. I'm rooting for you, just on principle :)
 
Good Luck.

Somehow I don't think break a leg applies here. :eek:
 
Best of luck to you. Finding and getting your dream job is something special and I wish you success in getting hired. :D
 
Wow! Best of luck to you, really. Great job, great place to work, amazing campus.

I did the Google dance about three years ago, up for a position as product evangelist. Tough, tough process, even after prepping hard. I went the startup route instead, rather than leave Dallas, although it was tempting as hell. Worked with a few people from there, most are top-notch.

It is a dream job. If I was going to work for a big company again, I can't imagine any I'd rather work with.

Good luck, and I'm pulling for you.
 
Best of luck

Wow! I am visibly impressed.:D Last year I read the books Are You Smart Enough to Work at Google? and I'm Feeling Lucky. You have to brilliant in order to just make it through the screening. Let us know how it's going.
 
Logical aptitude cleared. All those puzzles and brainteasers gave me a headache.

Now for some math. B-)
 
And math hath been conquered!!

Now for my first interview. After that, they size us down to a third and we repeat the whole process again (only harder this time).

Fun times!
 
And math hath been conquered!!

Now for my first interview. After that, they size us down to a third and we repeat the whole process again (only harder this time).

Fun times!

OMG this is even more nailbiting than waiting to see what dreadful thing happens next to Katrina!
Knock 'em in the aisles, I know you can.
xxx
:rose::nana::rose:
 
Good luck, LaRascasse! Sounds like a fantastic opportunity.

Hmm, until TTT said it involved leaving Dallas, I was thinking of suggesting a friend look into jobs there. I don't think he'd ever leave DFW though.
 
A belated good luck wish to you, LaRascasse.

Just out of curiosity, how long are you/we going to be hung on tenterhooks awaiting the final outcome?
 
Back
Top