Is smoking sexy?

Ditto.....

In the early 70's my father became addicted to coke. He said quitting that stuff was a walk in the park compared to quitting smoking cigarettes. That's a bracing thought, but he quit both cold turkey.

So go easy on us long term donkeys that smoke......I blew off blow easy.....the "fags"<(smokes) are a cancer forsure.

I suspect at this time in my life it's more about saving money should I be able to beat the beast than benefit my health(although I am in rare shape). :p

Enigma:rose:

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 37
I meant, that only in Hollywood is it deemed sexy; meaning, it sure seems that way when so many movies are produced with chain smoking heroes and characters.

I think that Hollywood did play a part in glamourizing smoking, I see what you mean. There are former Hollywood actors who had been in ads for cigarettes (John Wayne is the first one that comes to mind but there are others)
and who get really sick from it.
I wonder how James Dean would have fared had it not been for his dying in a car crash? He seemed like such a poster boy for cigarette ads.
The audience completely lapped up the glamour from those movies.

Smoking is SO hotttt.

Super sexy.

I mean, like, WAY over the top.

Y'all know I hate fat. No exception is made here either.

A man who does not smoke can just forget about it.

Well, at least as far as I am concerned.

Anything else is just -- second best.

girl1.jpg

539157111_e91220c159.jpg

It just goes to show there is something for everyone.

All skinny smoker guys- KK is for you and I wish you all joy of each other.

You really think so? Everytime I see a smoker in a movie, old or new, I try to figure out what looks sexy about it and I can't find anything.

Its all about product placement. Some old time actors and actresses could make buttering toast look sexy. Think Bacall, Bogie*...

Even a few modern ones, Brooke Shields in "pretty baby" made buttering toast look sexy even though I am opposed to child prostitution and the children in brothels situation.

*Didn't Bogie die of smoking related disease?

I understand the concept but... smoking? It's just so gross.

It is possible to make it look sexy. It draws attention to a woman's slender fingers, then she puts the cigarette to her lips and sucks. She sits there and looks at you as smoke curls out of her parted lips and frames her face. If she is French, the smoke comes out her nose.

Its all a very sexy image, but the reality of the smell, the ashes and everything in the house feeling slightly sticky to the touch, is not sexy.

It just goes to show there is something for everyone.

All skinny smoker guys- KK is for you and I wish you all joy of each other.

Ummm......

I think we missed something here. Do you now get pictures in your messages??

Film: 'Breathless' starring Richard Gere and Valerie Kaprisky

During foreplay they get into a bicker because her professor leaves a message on her machine implying they'd had sex the night before. He goes off. Rips the machine out of the wall and tosses it out the window. She gets silently angry and goes into the bathroom and then down to the pool to get away from him. Eventually he climbs down (like a monkey god love it) and stands over her swimming peacefully. He watches her while smoking. His emotions start to smolder. When it gets too much he takes a final drag, tosses it and then... yes... and then he ravishes her.

Now *that* smoking scene was sexy. Along with many other classic Hollywood greats (not that 'Breathless' is a great classic, heh).

Overall, nah, smoking is far from sexy unless it's drawn out that way by clever movie makers.

It is possible to make it look sexy. It draws attention to a woman's slender fingers, then she puts the cigarette to her lips and sucks. She sits there and looks at you as smoke curls out of her parted lips and frames her face. If she is French, the smoke comes out her nose.

Its all a very sexy image, but the reality of the smell, the ashes and everything in the house feeling slightly sticky to the touch, is not sexy.

Yuck. LOL.

When John Wayne, Ronald Reagan, James dean, and many many others were doing it smoking was a fairly well accepted social practice. Today we know much more than we did then yet you still see the glorification of smoking in movies and TV productions.

This is exactly what I don't get: We know the reality of cigarettes today, the damage they cause. There's nothing sexy about emphysema. The stench is nasty. Even the accelerated aging is ugly and sad. But people still find that sexy. So is the point that destruction is sexy? *turns green* eww.

smokers generally don't hide their addiction, and often shove it in the face of non-smokers EEEWWW *cough - gag*...QUOTE]

I happen to be a smoker...I am tryin to quit now because my doctor won't give me birth control...but no we don't hide our addiction but we don't shove it in people's faces...in fact when non-smokers come near to me while I am smoking I walk away from them blow my smoke out and put out my ciggarette if I feel like this person needs to speak to me...I hate when non-smokers come over to where I am smoking(usually a designated smoking area) and do their cough sputter shit...Its not as if I am being rude to them and smoking in places where other people are not...I try to be considerate of non-smokers. I just wish they would show the same courtesy. And for the whole is it sexy question...yes when the person is young and knows how to weild the ciggy in the right way...but then again anything that is young and knows how to weild is sexy...I will tell you what isn't sexy...coughing that never goes away and the smell and film it leaves behind...I cleaned my grandmas house and it had a yellow film all over the walls and all over the windows...it was disgusting.

Last edited:
smokers generally don't hide their addiction, and often shove it in the face of non-smokers EEEWWW *cough - gag*...QUOTE]

I happen to be a smoker...I am tryin to quit now because my doctor won't give me birth control...but no we don't hide our addiction but we don't shove it in people's faces...in fact when non-smokers come near to me while I am smoking I walk away from them blow my smoke out and put out my ciggarette if I feel like this person needs to speak to me...I hate when non-smokers come over to where I am smoking(usually a designated smoking area) and do their cough sputter shit...Its not as if I am being rude to them and smoking in places where other people are not...I try to be considerate of non-smokers. I just wish they would show the same courtesy. And for the whole is it sexy question...yes when the person is young and knows how to weild the ciggy in the right way...but then again anything that is young and knows how to weild is sexy...I will tell you what isn't sexy...coughing that never goes away and the smell and film it leaves behind...I cleaned my grandmas house and it had a yellow film all over the walls and all over the windows...it was disgusting.

think key word "often" not always...and most places I go I find rude folks outside shop doors smoking cigarettes and acting like the patrons are interrupting them...when infact many times they that do that are employees who might be damaging not just their health, and that of others, but the revenue of their employers because they just don't give a shit that others don't like the stench of their habit. Granted most of these folks are also very young...read 18-19 and up to mid 20's as average

your attitude is rare...and welcome

Take a look at smokers who come to a health club and try to workout: there's nothing sexy about someone taking 2 steps on a treadmill and getting short of breath, unable to do a full set of reps in the weight room or finish a group exercise class that doesn't even have a cardio segment.

I walked away from a serious drug habit once. I was done. I have tried to quit smoking 5 times and failed.

Wow. That really does say a lot.

I hope you make attempt number 6 and that you succeed.

No, smoking isn't sexy. Smokers want to believe that it is, but it isn't.

I don't understand why someone who is dating and trying to find a mate would still be smoking. You're cutting out SO many people from your dating pool, even if you won't admit it to yourself. Non smokers generally want nothing to do with you.

No, smoking isn't sexy. Smokers want to believe that it is, but it isn't.

I don't understand why someone who is dating and trying to find a mate would still be smoking. You're cutting out SO many people from your dating pool, even if you won't admit it to yourself. Non smokers generally want nothing to do with you.

See, that's fine with me. I wouldn't date a non smoker. Unless of course they had no problem with my addiction.
Non smokers can be very annoying.

Back