Writing Goal for the Day?

I did some beta reading, then reviewed some notes from someone *cough* (Tatyana) *cough* and hope to do a bit more after the kiddies are in bed.

Oh, wait, was the "where's my hockey" line a reference to the chapter you just sent me? :confused:

They don't play much hockey in Southeast Asia or the Mediterranean where I spent much of my life. I don't regret the loss. Now tennis . . .

Oh, wait, was the "where's my hockey" line a reference to the chapter you just sent me? :confused:

LOL No, that was a where's my hockey season question. Take your time on the chapter. Just remember to sympathize with the right people. Note: Jason is NOT the right people. ;) hahaha

Now I need to tear the little one away from K's Delivery Service. It appears to be her new favorite movie, and I do welcome the change from Caillou. She's going to be mighty disappointed, though, when we take it back to the library on Friday. Then she'll have to settle for Ponyo or Spirited away.

They don't play much hockey in Southeast Asia or the Mediterranean where I spent much of my life. I don't regret the loss. Now tennis . . .

One word: cycling.

OK more than one word: depending on where you were in the Med and when you were there, you could have had front seats to some of the all-time greats. Sigh.

LOL No, that was a where's my hockey season question. Take your time on the chapter. Just remember to sympathize with the right people. Note: Jason is NOT the right people. ;) hahaha

Now I need to tear the little one away from K's Delivery Service. It appears to be her new favorite movie, and I do welcome the change from Caillou. She's going to be mighty disappointed, though, when we take it back to the library on Friday. Then she'll have to settle for Ponyo or Spirited away.

Humph. I'll just have to redeem JT in my mind, then. Or better yet, rename him and give him his own story. An incognito parallel novel. :D

And psst. thanks for the K. ;)

One word: cycling.

OK more than one word: depending on where you were in the Med and when you were there, you could have had front seats to some of the all-time greats. Sigh.

No cycling to speak of in Cyprus. A bike would be wiped out by a Greek driver before going thirty yards.

No cycling to speak of in Cyprus. A bike would be wiped out by a Greek driver before going thirty yards.

Well that's unfortunate. Still, you could have prepared for the bane of this triathlete's existence: the open water swim. :eek:

Humph. I'll just have to redeem JT in my mind, then. Or better yet, rename him and give him his own story. An incognito parallel novel. :D

And psst. thanks for the K. ;)

JT can be redeemed. If he breaks a leg or something during an important game and realizes there's more to life than football, and he's been a jerk to his sister. ;)

I'm saving the "K" word for when I really need it. Bwa hahaha.

And I'll probably get sick of the movie -- we gave in and ordered a collection that includes KDS. She'll probably wear out the disc.

Okay, a little done on both. Now it's time for bed. Wow, before midnight.

1,500 more words, good words in the God Mother saga, now at 71K+. It would have been more, but I again ripped a section just written out altogether. Oh, well. :eek:

Crap, it's Thursday? On Monday I couldn't believe how little of the week had passed, and now I'm wondering where it all went.

Ah well. Hope everyone has a productive day.

Crap, it's Thursday? On Monday I couldn't believe how little of the week had passed, and now I'm wondering where it all went.

Me, too.

I feel obligated to get the kids outside today, whether they want to or not. The weather's been great but we've been in doing various things. But my son has now had two consecutive days of not going anywhere, so he can't complain about that anymore.

Personally I'd like a nap, as the little one was up a couple of times last night. I suspect a cold or allergies and should probably get her to the doctor to see. Not that she wants to go.

So... now it's just a matter of waiting until evening for writing time... sigh...

I know what you mean, where has this week gone? I always save a couple of hours to outline or pen out a few pages but have been swamped at work and slumped over from the sangria...kidding! But still, hoping to knock out at least 6 pages today.

I know what you mean, where has this week gone? I always save a couple of hours to outline or pen out a few pages but have been swamped at work and slumped over from the sangria...kidding! But still, hoping to knock out at least 6 pages today.

re: the sangria... sadly, not far from the truth for me last night. I decided to have a beer, and only looked at the alcohol content after I drank it. Effing ten percent. :eek: That sure did ruin the evening for writing, but at least I went to bed early. :)

Did someone mention copious amounts of alcohol? I've got a fresh pot of coffee to share if that helps.

PennLady told me about this thread and I figured, wallowing with other writers wanting to remain motivated might help. I go on vacation for two weeks and come home without a damn thing done on any form of a story.

Outlining sometimes works for me. My problem is more that I'm easily distracted. I've read through this thread and have seen mention of kids (none), tennis (love), reading (lifelong fan) and bicycling (still pissed that my cable package didn't carry most of the Tour de France). This week, the Rogers Cup will be on in the background while I work on Exhibitions, Chapter 3.

I did manage to write a few pages in my steno pad while on the plane home. Actually, I've written a lot of Exhibitions on planes....

Ooh, I'm a Virgin! I'll try to remember what that was like. ;)

Last edited:
Welcome, annanova.

I had too much to drink last night too. But unlike Tatyana, I can't pretend I didn't realize it at the time...

Hopefully, despite the hangover, I can write a few pages.

Good luck to everyone else with their writing goals today.

My problem is more that I'm easily distracted. I've read through this thread and have seen mention of kids (none), tennis (love), reading (lifelong fan) and bicycling (still pissed that my cable package didn't carry most of the Tour de France).

You forgot hockey. ;)

Are you American? If so, between hockey and bicycles, we can complain about the awfulness that is Versus. :mad:

Hi Annanova! Good to see you here. :D

Yeah, Versus leaves a lot to be desired. I desperately wish the NHL would go back with ESPN. This hockey only on Mon-Tues is annoying. Although I'm sure Comcast doesn't mind as that's what drives me to get the Center Ice Package so I can watch my Caps.

No alcohol for me today. Have a headache already, so it's on to meds and caffeine for me.

Hmmm kids are watching movies. The Boy gets Yu-Gi-Oh and the Girl is watching KDS again. Hmmm. I should take advantage.

Before going to bed this morning added another 2k to God Mother, but it keeps wanting to take this dark turn, so a lot of it will be scrapped. :(

Did someone mention copious amounts of alcohol? I've got a fresh pot of coffee to share if that helps.

PennLady told me about this thread and I figured, wallowing with other writers wanting to remain motivated might help. I go on vacation for two weeks and come home without a damn thing done on any form of a story.

Outlining sometimes works for me. My problem is more that I'm easily distracted. I've read through this thread and have seen mention of kids (none), tennis (love), reading (lifelong fan) and bicycling (still pissed that my cable package didn't carry most of the Tour de France). This week, the Rogers Cup will be on in the background while I work on Exhibitions, Chapter 3.

I did manage to write a few pages in my steno pad while on the plane home. Actually, I've written a lot of Exhibitions on planes....

Ooh, I'm a Virgin! I'll try to remember what that was like. ;)

Anna!!!! Welcome sweetie! :rose:

going to work on the book a bit as well as the new Holly story and the serious summer story. If I get a least a thousand words on each I'll be happy!

Get first draft of my fetish story written (goal for the week). Ch 3 of A New Birth of Freedom got bounced for formatting, so resubmitted. As I have no TE/A for Ch 4, I'm putting off starting it. Maybe lightning will strike.

You forgot hockey. ;)

Are you American? If so, between hockey and bicycles, we can complain about the awfulness that is Versus. :mad:
Considering I said that PennLady recommended this thread to me, that is an egregious oversight on my part. Yes, lots and lots of hockey mentions!

Yes, I'm American. :)

Hi, PennLady! Glad I finally made it over.

*accepts flower* Hi, litfan! Nice to see you, too. And I'm glad to see that you're working on a new Holly story. I'll be getting Anna back to that Montreal gallery soon.

Speaking of that gallery... Word hates me! I was working on the story, put it away for lunch, then opened it up while chatting with my editor on IM. Word will only open it in "Read-Only" format! I've also been getting nasty messages saying that it can't find certain files, which I know are there, so I've backed everything up and will run lots of virus checks soon.

I won't be getting as much done today as I wanted. Grrr.

but it keeps wanting to take this dark turn said:
I don't know about dark turns, but I did have a bit of a problem getting Anna and Van out of the damn hotel in Exhibitions, 2. I didn't have to scrap much, but it is making chapter three a bit of a challenge. Good luck with the chapter, Zeb.

Finishing the cleanup of an edited habu short story returned, followed by the start of a cleanup of an edited habu novel just returned and the edit of a short story submitted to my mainstream anthology. That should keep me busy today, I'd think. Not really in the mood to write as my brain is still working on the other pen name novel I have due at the publisher by September.

Finishing the cleanup of an edited habu short story returned, followed by the start of a cleanup of an edited habu novel just returned and the edit of a short story submitted to my mainstream anthology. That should keep me busy today, I'd think. Not really in the mood to write as my brain is still working on the other pen name novel I have due at the publisher by September.

You know, my mother should put you on a retainer. Every single time I see you on this thread, I think, "shit, I have to send out Christmas cards this year."

:rolleyes:

Back