Writing Goal for the Day?

Goals

My goal is to get out of my writing funk. My woeful self editing caused me to seek out an editor and as much as I asked for just copy editing because I desperately wanted the work to remain mine in its entirety I found they couldn't help commenting on how they though the story should go in certain parts and this put me off the whole story even when I had enjoyed writing it and I didn't feel it was mine or good enough anymore.

Now I am considering revisiting one of my already published stories to add another chapter rather than trying something new, just to try and break the bad vibe I have about writing now.

Goal for today.... write something .... write anything....
 
Slowly but surely I am getting my next story finished. I'm not getting much more than a few hundred words a day done, but it's coming along.
I'm kicking around ideas for a Winter Holiday contest entry, but nothing has caught me enough to get me begging the husband to give up the computer. So I may sit the next contest out.
 
My goal is to get out of my writing funk. My woeful self editing caused me to seek out an editor and as much as I asked for just copy editing because I desperately wanted the work to remain mine in its entirety I found they couldn't help commenting on how they though the story should go in certain parts and this put me off the whole story even when I had enjoyed writing it and I didn't feel it was mine or good enough anymore.

Now I am considering revisiting one of my already published stories to add another chapter rather than trying something new, just to try and break the bad vibe I have about writing now.

Goal for today.... write something .... write anything....

Hmm sounds like a pretty bad editor. I hope they learn from this not to take their asinine red pens where they don't belong.
 
Writing goal....hmmmm.....to actually write even one paragraph would be good. RL has seriously interrupted my writing for several years now. It would be good to just do a short one......will have to think about it. Plenty of ideas, but the pathway between brain and hands appears to have disappeared.
 
My writing goal right now is actually to not write at all. I have 4 new stories in various states of undress but am finding that constantly writing, rewriting is making the initial idea seem jaded and blurred, So, I'm taking a good step back for a while to allow the gray cells to recharge.
 
Exquisition -- sounds like a plan.

I should try to give another read to a story I'm editing. I got a bit sidetracked by dental issues and now the hurricane.
 
Exquisition -- sounds like a plan.

I should try to give another read to a story I'm editing. I got a bit sidetracked by dental issues and now the hurricane.

Hi PennLady - are you in that neck of the woods then? Heard it was around 7.7?
 
Hi PennLady - are you in that neck of the woods then? Heard it was around 7.7?

Yes, I'm in southeastern PA, right in the heart of the track, it appears. We were debating going to my in-laws in VA, but I don't think we will. We're as ready as we can be, and we'll just ride it out.
 
Ah, that little nest of vipers.

Eh, it was a long time ago. I get along pretty well with everyone now and post over there when and if something catches my interest, which isn't often. But when I do, for the most part it goes over pretty easy now.

===

PennLady ---- Please be careful and we are keeping you and all the residents in that area in our thoughts and prayers. :rose:
 
No writing for me today as I have too much to read before I need to get ready and go work for 8 hours today.
 
I received the final formatted manuscript for my Circle novel from createspace(yes a vanity printing, but what the hell?)

I now have to make my changes 80 for free then I think like $50 per block of 80.

So now I have to go through this thing again. From first draft to several passes on my own to then making the editor's corrections this will be about my 10th pass through this thing.

I swear I can no longer even absorb what I'm reading and I am starting to truly hate the characters.
 
Last edited:
They are YOUR mistakes you're correcting, aren't they? Then why is it CreateSpace you hate for them? They are YOUR mistakes.
 
They are YOUR mistakes you're correcting, aren't they? Then why is it CreateSpace you hate for them? They are YOUR mistakes.

No, what I'm saying-maybe I didn't word it correctly- is the people I'm starting to hate are my characters.

Ten times through I have had more than enough of these people. Never mind I know how it ends.

ETA I edited my original post.
 
Last edited:
I don't know if I'll get any writing done today or the rest of this week.
 
Finished my LW story, submitted it tonight and look forward to the abuse, should be fun.

proofread another 100 pages of the book almost halfway through, I've taken to reading it out loud so I can;t skim the words.
 
Spend most of yesterday redoing a contest story because i realized i started my story one hour too early and my main character was underage for that hour. One hour sure can make a mess. :rolleyes:

Now back to trying to salvage the original story line.
 
No writing goal for me for a while as I have to wait for the results of a poll I posted at my blog. I guess I could start my Winter entry...
 
almost 2000 words done. I thought that would be enough to finish it, but there's still more. Maybe 2000 tomorrow will do it.
 
Back
Top